March 28, 2024, 05:27:34 PM

Author Topic: Anton Corneal Thread  (Read 54341 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anton Corneal Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2021, 08:59:32 AM »
WATCH: Fifa coaching instructor Anton Corneal, who was a technical staff member for three of Trinidad and Tobago’s four World Cup qualifications, talks about his lessons from Bertille St Clair, Francisco Maturana and Leo Beenhakker, the late Akeem Adams’ gift, how to reprogram Joevin Jones, the role of Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy in Germany 2006 tournament, and why Terry Fenwick faltered in Qatar 2022 campaign.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/utIRjhQm8po" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/utIRjhQm8po</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CORNEAL APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2022, 05:21:18 PM »
CORNEAL APPOINTED TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-qQPWBUHYdY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-qQPWBUHYdY</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2022, 02:22:35 AM »
I see the palace coup is completed.

It is tempting to regard Anton Corneal's return to the TTFA as establishing an "unprecedented" record for self-flagellation or abuse, but that thought is tempered by the fact that the return is precedented and implicitly massaged by in/tangible benefits  --- even if accompanied by verbal assurances.
However, not sure anyone has an appetite for empathy or sympathy should financial arrangements detonate.

The new TD is clearly equipped to lead the show because the calculus of knowing  yuh will eventually be paid is and has been a long game. TDs require long-term vision so in that respect all systems go.

The appointment is a clear indictment of La Foucade's sleepwalking tenure.

Ever since the returning TD ponged his new "bosses" in public, this was on the cards.

Doesn't seem to work as well for pongers who might have the organization of a return-to-football tournament in mind.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 03:04:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2022, 06:21:06 PM »
WATCH: Wired868's Lasana Liburd discusses the appointment of Anton Corneal as TTFA Technical Director with the SportsMax Zone.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ljFqjN543ZI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ljFqjN543ZI</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »
Eve backs Corneal appointment.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

National senior men and Under-20 team football coach Angus Eve has given his full backing to Anton Corneal's return as technical director (TD) of the T&T Football Association (TTFA).

The 58-year-old Corneal, a former coach/assistant coach for three different national teams at a FIFA World Cup at the Under-17, U-20 and senior level was appointed for the third time in his career as the national federation’s TD having served in the position previously from 2012-2014 and 2017-2019.

He takes over from Dion La Foucaude whose two-year contract ended on Monday (January 31).

Corneal, 58, who previously held the TTFA technical director position for different periods over the last 10 years, brings sterling credentials to the job.

A former national footballer, he is a certified coach educator and works with FIFA as a FIFA Technical Expert, mentoring technical directors and conducting FIFA Technical Director Leadership workshops both online and in person.

Corneal is also a Concacaf technical consultant, conducting coach licensing in the region along with being a member of the Concacaf Coaching Panel, assisting with the standardisation of coach education within the region.

Among his functions as TTFA TD Corneal, a former TTFA youth director of football in 2004, will be tasked with providing strategic direction, oversight and management of the technical department, delivering advice across all aspects of the department as well as contributing to the communication and delivery of our football philosophy across all areas.

Reached for comment on Corneal’s appointment, the 49-year-old Eve, T&T’s most capped player ever with 117 appearances, first paid tribute to outgoing TD Dion La Foucade for the work he has done.

Eve said, “Firstly, we must not forget the job that he (La Foucade) has done over the last two years. Because it’s been difficult times and I have been in the same situation as him trying to get programmes up and running in a pandemic so I know it has been very difficult for him, but I just want to thank him for the services that were rendered.”

He added “In the case of Anton Corneal, you know he has been here before. He has been at the helm in this capacity and different capacities in football, not just in T&T, but in Concacaf and FIFA.

“So Anton, you know, there are coaching courses that he can run that you know for the last two years have been very stagnant in that regard and this could be a good move for us from all those coaching educational standpoints and stuff because Anton has the qualifications to qualify coaches and run courses and set up programmes.

With respect to the current state of local football and its many setbacks during the COVID-19 pandemic off and on the field, Eve sees Corneal’s return as a positive which we should make full use of.

Eve added, “Anton's return is key because we need all of the people who have the required expertise to bring us out of this sporting doldrum that we are in right now.

"And Anton being that person who has coached at youth and senior level in T&T, and has done work with the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), Concacaf and FIFA by extension, his involvement would be invaluable.

"Especially at a time when I think the normalisation committee has always said that they needed somebody on board with that technical acrimony.

“Anton possesses that sort of expertise to take the coaches' education and programmes that a different level which we need to continue to educate our coaches and set up proper programmes and structures going forward.”

Watch Trinidad and Tobago FA turns to Anton Corneal for the third time | Zone

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »
TTFA congratulates Corneal on FIFA appointment.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) wishes to extend congratulations and best wishes to Anton Corneal on his appointment as FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean Region.

Corneal will take up the position on a full-time basis from September 1st, 2022 and will assist Trinidad and Tobago among other nations in the Caribbean.

The TTFA is now in search of a new Technical Director and the position will be advertised in due course. Corneal had been appointed as TTFA Technical Director on February 1st, 2022

Corneal will be responsible for overseeing FIFA projects in over ten countries among them being United States, Canada, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago.

Among Corneal’s main responsibilities will be:

To oversee technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
To assist with the technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
To assist with the organization of webinars, courses and workshops on site and online.
To assist with the mentorship programs in the respective Member Associations.
To assist the high performance team with the implementation of the high-performance programmes
To assist with the analysis and verification of on-demand courses that may be requested  by Member Associations in the region
To be in regular contact with the Technical Directors of the Member Association.

In a response to the appointment, Corneal told TTFA Media, “This is another opportunity to serve and assist countries in the region and the development of the game throughout. It remains a passion of mine to continue assisting with the development of our region and I am looking forward to working with each of the Member Associations on this path onwards.”

Corneal will continue to work with and advise the TTFA on technical matters and coach education initiatives under his new role.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2022, 02:20:11 PM »
Good for him.

I hope they pay him on time.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2022, 08:34:04 AM »
TTFA congratulates Corneal on FIFA appointment.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) wishes to extend congratulations and best wishes to Anton Corneal on his appointment as FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean Region.

Corneal will take up the position on a full-time basis from September 1st, 2022 and will assist Trinidad and Tobago among other nations in the Caribbean.

The TTFA is now in search of a new Technical Director and the position will be advertised in due course. Corneal had been appointed as TTFA Technical Director on February 1st, 2022

Corneal will be responsible for overseeing FIFA projects in over ten countries among them being United States, Canada, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago.

Among Corneal’s main responsibilities will be:

To oversee technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
To assist with the technical leadership programs in the respective countries.
To assist with the organization of webinars, courses and workshops on site and online.
To assist with the mentorship programs in the respective Member Associations.
To assist the high performance team with the implementation of the high-performance programmes
To assist with the analysis and verification of on-demand courses that may be requested  by Member Associations in the region
To be in regular contact with the Technical Directors of the Member Association.

In a response to the appointment, Corneal told TTFA Media, “This is another opportunity to serve and assist countries in the region and the development of the game throughout. It remains a passion of mine to continue assisting with the development of our region and I am looking forward to working with each of the Member Associations on this path onwards.”

Corneal will continue to work with and advise the TTFA on technical matters and coach education initiatives under his new role.

Help me to understand what competencies and what past achievements qualifies him for this position?  Our National teams are floundering despite the technical expertise  in our back yard? How  does this  parlay into a regional appointment? How would football in the region benefit from this appointment?  This smells like some kind of ' hush' money deal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2022, 04:36:55 PM »
Corneal to continue as TTFA Technical Director
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) can today confirm that Anton Corneal will continue in the position of TTFA Technical Director.

This comes after Corneal’s decision to decline an offer to assume the position of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant.

According to Corneal, "I decided to decline the opportunity to work as one of FIFA's Regional Technical Consultants in our region, as the position seems more administrative in nature which, I thought, does not align with my skill set.”

"I prefer to be more hands-on with the development of the game in our country and region. In that regard and after discussions with the Normalisation Committee (NC), I am indeed pleased to be able to continue in the position of Technical Director of the TTFA.”

On August 26, 2022, the Association announced that Corneal would be taking up the role of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean region from September 1, 2022. At that time, applications for the TTFA Technical Director position were invited and a shortlist was compiled.

During that period, the TTFA’s debt repayment Proposal under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act was approved by the Courts of Trinidad and Tobago, which allows the Association to continue operating and moving forward.

Having already established a solid foundation in the Technical Department, throughout 2022, Corneal and the NC were keen for him to step back into the role and continue his work.   

Corneal stated, "Especially now where the NC is in the process of clearing the FA's debt and is reviewing the governance structure of the FA, it is an extremely important period for us.”

“The next major steps would be to invest more time in the implementation of the TTFA's long-term development plan. It is something that I am extremely passionate about and I’m excited for what the future may hold."

Corneal returns to duty immediately and will oversee the running of the TTFA High Performance Programs, the staging of the FIFA Girl’s Play Program this weekend, which is aimed at introducing girls aged 6-12 to the game, and the hosting of TTFA B and C Licence Coaching Courses beginning on November 7, 2022.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2022, 01:24:20 AM »
Good for him.

I hope they pay him on time.

No fear of that NOW. FIFA $ about flow.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2022, 01:31:08 AM »
Perhaps Anton is Jim Henson and Hadad is _______.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2022, 06:24:09 AM »
Perhaps Anton is Jim Henson and Hadad is _______.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: All I got to say is that you are a talented man, Sylum. That's good stuff.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2022, 02:55:37 PM »
Corneal to continue as TTFA Technical Director
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) can today confirm that Anton Corneal will continue in the position of TTFA Technical Director.

This comes after Corneal’s decision to decline an offer to assume the position of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant.

According to Corneal, "I decided to decline the opportunity to work as one of FIFA's Regional Technical Consultants in our region, as the position seems more administrative in nature which, I thought, does not align with my skill set.”

"I prefer to be more hands-on with the development of the game in our country and region. In that regard and after discussions with the Normalisation Committee (NC), I am indeed pleased to be able to continue in the position of Technical Director of the TTFA.”

On August 26, 2022, the Association announced that Corneal would be taking up the role of FIFA Regional Technical Consultant for the Caribbean region from September 1, 2022. At that time, applications for the TTFA Technical Director position were invited and a shortlist was compiled.

During that period, the TTFA’s debt repayment Proposal under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act was approved by the Courts of Trinidad and Tobago, which allows the Association to continue operating and moving forward.

Having already established a solid foundation in the Technical Department, throughout 2022, Corneal and the NC were keen for him to step back into the role and continue his work.   

Corneal stated, "Especially now where the NC is in the process of clearing the FA's debt and is reviewing the governance structure of the FA, it is an extremely important period for us.”

“The next major steps would be to invest more time in the implementation of the TTFA's long-term development plan. It is something that I am extremely passionate about and I’m excited for what the future may hold."

Corneal returns to duty immediately and will oversee the running of the TTFA High Performance Programs, the staging of the FIFA Girl’s Play Program this weekend, which is aimed at introducing girls aged 6-12 to the game, and the hosting of TTFA B and C Licence Coaching Courses beginning on November 7, 2022.
Just when you tought things were going to get better!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2023, 08:11:26 PM »
Corneal studies Japanese approach to excellence in FIFA diploma
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) technical director Anton Corneal joined 24 other technical leaders from around the globe to learn more about Japan’s approach to achieving excellence as part of block two of FIFA’s new technical leadership diploma in Chiba, Japan, from December 4-9.

The diploma aims to become the globally recognised qualification for technical leaders working in the game, and prepares participants for the distinct challenges and opportunities faced by a technical leader within a member association.

Five core domain areas are covered: technical leadership, high performance, coach education, amateur football and management.

Corneal and other participants explored kaizen – the Japanese principle of continuous improvement – during the six-day workshop that included study visits to Toyota, Sumo Training Stables and the Japanese FA.

Achieving excellence in the areas of talent identification and recruitment, coach education, national teams and quality assurance were also covered by participants undertaking the 18-month long course.

Corneal said, “It was an honour to witness the foundation blocks of respect, politeness, and humility seen in every aspect of the Japanese culture; their continued quest for excellence was illustrated in their hard-working habits without losing the reserve nature of their people.”

TTFA general secretary Amiel Mohammed said Corneal's presence will help develop the sport locally.

“We are in the rebuilding phase, which he has been a major part of, and the skills that he has developed on this diploma, such as his experiences in Japan, will be brought back to improve our local and even regional programmes.”

1]; } ?>