April 24, 2024, 12:12:03 PM

Author Topic: Jan readies himself for Hungary stint  (Read 1432 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jan readies himself for Hungary stint
« on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams is getting ready for a season of Second Division football in Hungary.

Following two weeks of preseason training with English club Sheffield United, the former St Anthony’s College goalie decided to take up a one-year deal with Ferencvaros FC, a club which Sheffield recently took over with the aim of guiding them to the First Division and establishing a feeder system.

The former W Connection custodian completed two weeks of preseason training with Sheffield before being sent to Hungary.

“I did the two weeks of preseason at Sheffield and things were looking up. They were on the verge of signing me. I made the necessary appearances to get the work permit but then there was another block. Unfortunately we (Trinidad and Tobago) are currently out of the top 100 on the world rankings and this prevented me from getting the permit to play in England. It was disappointing but I’m confident we will soon be out of that and Sheffield will try to get me again in six months or so,” Williams told TTFF Media.

“Sheffield have also maintained interest in me and a deal is almost guaranteed subject to a work permit in the near future. I've settled really well and my first  outing was against Sheffield in a pre-season game last Monday which we narrowly lost 3-2 after having two attempts cleared off the Sheffield goal line in the last few minutes,” Williams continued.

He added there was a lot of interest in his new club with  huge turn outs by the fans for the preseason matches thus far.  T&T teammates Aaron Downing and Matthew Bartholomew are also at the club trying to get the necessary playing time which could see them make the switch to England as well.

Williams, anxious to wear T&T colours again, said he’s been following the action back home with keen interest.

“I have also been looking at the progress the national team has been making and I think it can only be a plus with the players who have been recalled. I’ve also followed the progress of Marvin (Phillip) and he’s had some great performances in goal in the recent matches. This shows that you can develop and turn your game up a notch once you put your mind to it, even if you are from the Pro League (in T&T). Marvin has definitely shown this and I hope a lot of the players can follow by example,” Williams concluded.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jan readies himself for Hungary stint
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »

Goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams is getting ready for a season of Second Division football in Hungary.

Following two weeks of preseason training with English club Sheffield United, the former St Anthony’s College goalie decided to take up a one-year deal with Ferencvaros FC, a club which Sheffield recently took over with the aim of guiding them to the First Division and establishing a feeder system.

The former W Connection custodian completed two weeks of preseason training with Sheffield before being sent to Hungary.

“I did the two weeks of preseason at Sheffield and things were looking up. They were on the verge of signing me. I made the necessary appearances to get the work permit but then there was another block. Unfortunately we (Trinidad and Tobago) are currently out of the top 100 on the world rankings and this prevented me from getting the permit to play in England. It was disappointing but I’m confident we will soon be out of that and Sheffield will try to get me again in six months or so,” Williams told TTFF Media.

“Sheffield have also maintained interest in me and a deal is almost guaranteed subject to a work permit in the near future. I've settled really well and my first  outing was against Sheffield in a pre-season game last Monday which we narrowly lost 3-2 after having two attempts cleared off the Sheffield goal line in the last few minutes,” Williams continued.

He added there was a lot of interest in his new club with  huge turn outs by the fans for the preseason matches thus far.  T&T teammates Aaron Downing and Matthew Bartholomew are also at the club trying to get the necessary playing time which could see them make the switch to England as well.

Williams, anxious to wear T&T colours again, said he’s been following the action back home with keen interest.

“I have also been looking at the progress the national team has been making and I think it can only be a plus with the players who have been recalled. I’ve also followed the progress of Marvin (Phillip) and he’s had some great performances in goal in the recent matches. This shows that you can develop and turn your game up a notch once you put your mind to it, even if you are from the Pro League (in T&T). Marvin has definitely shown this and I hope a lot of the players can follow by example,” Williams concluded.

thanks eh jack...thanks

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »

errr..... Hyland  ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
Well thank you mr warner for screwing us up thanks very much
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »

errr..... Hyland  ???

That caught my attention as well. But hear dis.....Hyland would also need to have played in 75% of T&T's competitive matches (not including friendlies) over the last 2 years.  How many competitive matches has he played since his debut....2?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:26:07 PM by FireBrand »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
I done say if Jan eh get he permit ....
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »
I done say if Jan eh get he permit ....

Well there are loop holes... hence the reason Sancho was able to obtain his work permit for Ross County and Millwall in spite of him not playing the required number of games and our skating FIFA ranking.

Fingers and toes still crossed.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

errr..... Hyland  ???

That caught my attention as well. But hear dis.....Hyland would also need to have played in 75% of T&T's competitive matches (not including friendlies) over the last 2 years.  How many competitive matches has he played since his debut....2?

Anderson who went to manu got a the work permit  because of his age he was born in 1988 he did play in many competitive matches hyland is born in 1989 ,......  so the competitive matches may not be an issue however its the rankings
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
D fact dat Sancho was in d UK ah ready did that make a difference? I really prayin 4 Hyland I hope I eh prayin amiss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>