March 28, 2024, 01:59:17 AM

Author Topic: Govt offers to assist Warriors.  (Read 10819 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Govt offers to assist Warriors.
« on: June 24, 2008, 04:31:36 AM »
Govt offers to assist Warriors.
Trinidad Guardian Reports.

“While the score line could have been much more heavily weighted in our favour, the end result is more important, as it provides us with the impetus now to continue striving to earn our place in South Africa 2010.”

Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs GARY HUNT

With TT Football Federation’s Special Advisor, Jack Warner and Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt not being able to see eye-to-eye over the past month or so, the government assured the country and the TTFF in general, that it is prepared to help the “Soca Warriors” in their preparation for the remainder of the World Cup qualifiers.

A statement issued by the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs immediately after TT got the two goals necessary against Bermuda said:

“The Government of TT wishes to congratulate the Soca Warriors on their magnificent victory over Bermuda this evening. The determination and discipline of this team going into this do-or-die match brought back all the memories of our qualifying game against Bahrain in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, and deserves the commendation of the entire nation.

“While the score line could have been much more heavily weighted in our favour, the end result is more important, as it provides us with the impetus now to continue striving to earn our place in South Africa 2010. In this regard, the government wishes to assure the country generally, and the TTFF in particular, that it is prepared to do its part to ensure that there are no impediments, real or perceived, that will distract from the team’s preparation.

“The government was in constant contact with the local delegation attending the game in Bermuda, and like the rest of the country, exhaled with relief, when the final whistle blew. We call on all of TT, the corporate sector, the public sector and every single citizen, to throw their support from now, behind this team which has the potential, we believe, to achieve what no other Caribbean team has done, that is, to appear at two consecutive World Cup finals.

The government will also ensure that there is a fitting welcome for the team and its officials, when they return to our shores in the next day or two.”

The Soca Warriors were expected to return from Bermuda late last night.

TT Football Federation’s Special Advisor, Jack Warner, left, meets midfielder Carlos Edwards and other members of the Soca Warriors team just before kick-off in their crucial Concacaf World Cup Qualifying match against Bermuda in Hamilton on Sunday. T&T advanced to the semifinal group stage with a 2-0 victory.
Govt plans big welcome for Warriors on return.
Trinidad Newsday Reports.

The Government of Trinidad and Tobago has planned a grand welcome for the national football team when they return home after beating Bermuda 3-2 on aggregate in the second round of the CONCACAF Zone 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Placed in a must-win scenario after losing the first leg 2-1, the Soca Warriors shut out the Bermudans 2-0 with goals from Darryl Roberts in the sixth minute and veteran striker Stern John in the 68th.

The result puts TT in the third round phase where they will be placed in a group with CONCACAF number one United States of America, Guatemala and Cuba.

In a release yesterday, officials of the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs extended congratulations to the team “on their magnificent victory”.

“The Government wishes to use this opportunity to assure the public and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation that it is prepared to do its part to ensure that there are no impediments that will distract from the team’s preparation,” it stated.

The ministry also pointed out that it will do all in its power to help the national team achieve what no other Caribbean team has done, that is, to appear at two consecutive World Cup finals.

It also appealed to all in Trinidad and Tobago — the corporate sector, the public sector and every single citizen to throw their support behind the team beginning now.

The statement added that the Government will also ensure that there is a fitting welcome for the team, and its officials when they return.
Hunt congratulates Warriors.
Trinidad Express Reports.

Minister of Sport Gary Hunt, who has been involved in an on-going dispute with Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser Jack Warner, has sent his congratulations to the senior national team after their 2-0 victory over Bermuda in a 2010 World Cup qualifier on Sunday.

The result meant a 3-2 aggregate win for the T&T squad, who advance to the semi-final round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying for South Africa 2010.

"The Government of Trinidad and Tobago wishes to congratulate the Soca Warriors on their magnificent victory over Bermuda this evening," Hunt stated in a press release.

"The determination and discipline of this team going into this do-or-die match brought back all the memories of our final qualifying game against Bahrain in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, and deserves the commendation of the entire nation."

Hunt added that "while the score line could have been much more heavily weighted in our favour, the end result is more important, as it provides us with the impetus now to continue striving to earn our place in South Africa 2010".

"In this regard, the Government wishes to assure the country, generally, and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, in particular, that it is prepared to do its part to ensure that there are no impediments, real or perceived, that will distract from the team's preparation," the Minister emphasised.

Hunt declared that "the Government was in constant contact with the local delegation attending the game in Bermuda and, like the rest of the country, exhaled with relief, when the final whistle blew".

"We call on all of Trinidad and Tobago, the corporate sector, the public sector and every single citizen, to throw their support from now behind this team which has the potential, we believe, to achieve what no other Caribbean team has done, that is, to appear at two consecutive World Cup Finals," he concluded.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:53:53 AM by Flex »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Govt offers to assist Warriors
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »
the Government should sponsor every player with a membership in FPATT
in fact, they should make it mandatory for ALL football players to become members
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:14:29 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 05:46:21 AM »
The games big men play....

Steups.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:23:31 AM »
A bunch of facking waggonist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 07:38:09 AM »
A bunch of facking waggonist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War

Lol deja vu ...... Hunt is ah C..t
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:04:57 AM »
A big welcome 4 beatin Bermuda is it limbo dem standards real low boi. Hunt yuh blink 1st so he get he blank check. Ah tell yuh kep it simple sir No ACcountability No Money but as d Special Adviser say Hunt yuh blew it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:50 AM »
Well Hunt eh say he givin in, he say he will do his part, so lewwe see what that entails.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 08:17:43 AM »
Knowin how dem fellas eh have no guts if he eh blink d eyelids commin down. I want 2 b dead wrong on dis 1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:23:34 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: Football T&T style at it's best,Jack has everybody where he wants them,the game is what sells don't matter about the politics because once game on all our issues/problems seem to be over,if the outcome of this game was different the pressure that was building up would have been maintained/continued,this is where we does fail not because we won it means our problems are solved but all the pressure groups does get silent and go into hiding until something comes up for them to show their faces again,what people don't realize is Jack is always working weather it's good or bad for Football so you can't relax.

All i want to say is thanks to the government for any assistance they can give to help Football in the country,i'm not about the politics i'm about the game,the players,Coaches,Managers etc etc Football in T&T is a personal thing for me and if we just let the Coach do his job we will be alright because there are a lot of things going on we may or may not be aware off or have control off.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:28:32 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: Football T&T style at it's best,Jack has everybody where he wants them,the game is what sells don't matter about the politics because once game on all our issues/problems seem to be over,if the outcome of this game was different the pressure that was building up would have been maintained/continued,this is where we does fail not because we won it means our problems are solved but all the pressure groups does get silent and go into hiding until something comes up for them to show their faces again,what people don't realize is Jack is always working weather it's good or bad for Football so you can't relax.

All i want to say is thanks to the government for any assistance they can give to help Football in the country,i'm not about the politics i'm about the game,the players,Coaches,Managers etc etc Football in T&T is a personal thing for me and if we just let the Coach do his job we will be alright because there are a lot of things going on we may or may not be aware off or have control off.

Well said Coops

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
I hope that the Honourable Minister does not deviate from his previous position, which is to demand transparency and accountability from the TTFF.

No public monies to support the Warner's.  It amazes me that a man like Warner always has his hand extended in the direction of the Government when the TTFF should have its coffers filled with cash.

The crook.

warmonga, your constant juvenile rantings against the Government is tiring.  Grow up.  I dislike them too, but right is right.  Warner should be rotting in a jail somewhere in Chagaunas.

You call for the government to be accountability to the people yet you give Jack Warner a free pass?

Hunt is not a c**t, he is the best Minister we have in T&T now.   At least he is willing to compromise everything except his integrity and the integrity of his Ministry.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 08:54:59 AM »
i fully understand it's all about money and getting de credit. but the players will get expose and may get a chance to play at a high level. In England, every one knows KJ. so de focus is on Trinidad. Trinidad needs a PR group to promote de plays more. it's just a suggestion.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Govt offers to assist Warriors.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 09:01:53 AM »
de pappy show continues

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
Put some money in the youth development football programs for thee future World Cups. Throw money into that! Ah ceremony for ah welcome home for what...thee Bermuda game? Please...tha game was only a drop in thee bucket...thee fire now start paps. We want to make it to the WC every time they throwing one...like ah fete match we invited. All tha hype up business and we ent reach no way yet.   ::)

I still doh know about them coach they have...but we go see how far we go reach.  ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:34:56 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
Whitley, Roberts  relieved with win
Ian Prescott Hamilton

Tuesday, June 24th 2008

TRINIDAD and Tobago skipper Aurtis Whitley always believed the Soca Warriors were a better team than Bermuda, but, even so, he was still relieved to have gotten by their lower-ranked opponents in the home and away 2010 World Cup qualifier.

"I am relieved" Whitley said after Sunday night's match in Hamilton which T&T won 2-0 for a 3-2 aggregate victory after losing the first leg 2-1 the week before at Macoya.

"The guys have worked pretty hard and it's a pity we did not win at home. But, we came over here and did what we had to do."

Whitley added that the surprise 1-2 home loss they suffered against Bermuda had shaken up his team a bit and may have been exactly what they needed.

"Losing wouldn't normally be good for Trinidad, but I think it really woke us up...we needed that. After coming over here and playing the way we did, I think we needed that."

Striker Darryl Roberts, who scored the opening goal for Trinidad and Tobago, also felt the Soca Warriors almost paid a price for underestimating the Bermudans.

Roberts was recently released by Dutch club Sparta Rotterdam, but said something is in the works.

While he is looking forward to playing with a new club and continue doing well with the national team, he thinks the Warriors need to improve again for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against the USA, Guatemala and Cuba.

"I think it (the loss to Bermuda)Â had us thinking a little bit. We have to be more prepared and we cannot underestimate any team in the World Cup qualifiers because on any given day a team can get a victory.

"We cannot underestimate any team, because we did that a bit against Bermuda. We took this second game seriously and we won. Hopefully, we can get back to training and work hard on a little more stuff for the upcoming matches," said Roberts.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
I hope that the Honourable Minister does not deviate from his previous position, which is to demand transparency and accountability from the TTFF.

No public monies to support the Warner's.  It amazes me that a man like Warner always has his hand extended in the direction of the Government when the TTFF should have its coffers filled with cash.

The crook.

warmonga, your constant juvenile rantings against the Government is tiring.  Grow up.  I dislike them too, but right is right.  Warner should be rotting in a jail somewhere in Chagaunas.

You call for the government to be accountability to the people yet you give Jack Warner a free pass?

Hunt is not a c**t, he is the best Minister we have in T&T now.   At least he is willing to compromise everything except his integrity and the integrity of his Ministry.

A rancid commentary.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »
If the Gov't want to be the peace makers why don't they pay the players the world cup debt.  To clear them from the list. Assuming that Jack will release them.  Even if they don't play again they should just pay them anyways.  As see Carlos eh even watchin Jack in he face.   8)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
If the Gov't want to be the peace makers why don't they pay the players the world cup debt.  To clear them from the list. Assuming that Jack will release them.  Even if they don't play again they should just pay them anyways.  As see Carlos eh even watchin Jack in he face.   8)

Excuse??? Why should the gov't do that? The gov't didnt get any money from FIFA, or Adidas, or any of the other sponsors which contributed, it was Jack who received the money. U seriously suggesting that the gov't supposed to take the taxpayers' dollars and pay the national team money that Jack tief from them, and let Jack make off like the stuttering bandit he is?? Try again boss
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »

The government should pay off the TTFF's obligation yuh mean... like dey ent tief enough public funds arready.

Kicks yes....

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

The crook.

A rancid commentary.

Yes rancid indeed, it has been fermenting in my ass for quiet a while, much like the way you speak about the Minister.  Whatever axe you have to grind, grind away fella

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 01:08:46 PM »

Preacher...no offense, but you sounding like yuh pulling hard for the 2008 Davy Jenny Award with that statement.

Nah I take that bad. You ent pulling hard. You hiring a tow truck...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
Precher,
             I love football, but I don't think the gov't is responsible for Jack obligations. They already gave each player a million dollars. What else must the gov't do? Open the treasury for football. What about the other sports.? They deserve a proportional amount for their development also.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
The government could do well to go after Warner as they went after Panday and uncover his crookedness via a forensic audit.

The evidence is there, please don't say that they need probable cause or such nonsense, when did that ever stop political interference in T&T?

Just do it!  Get one of the Government friendly judges to write a search warrant, raid the damn TTFF and seize the books.

DO an audit, subpoena sponsors etc. and get the bastard!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
I thought the awareness on SW.net MB was improving by leaps and bounds but like we real slippin' wit' some of the commentaries ah readin' here.

Rancid, Deeks, Midnightowl and Coas',... on de ball. No further comment.

Coops, in your usual gentlemanly way, yuh have me mez wit' dis "All I seeing is de foootball and nutten else " philosophy. C'mon man.

Fishs... Lord help us you. Are you Jackulito by chance? Well, I doh expec' you to say yes right now.

Minister Hunt, I don't know you, but if the ministerial post were held by any of us I would recommend a letter such as , "Dear Special Adviser, Mr Jack(ula) , would you please, if you have the time, just give us a li'l TTFF flow sheet nah, of income and expenditures for any of the last few years you have recorded, especially 2005, 2006, 2007 and even de latest yuh have for 2008, if possible, ah know it hard. Even if yuh doh want to be too official an' ting, leh we meet by Smokey an' Bunty, shit talk about it den nah, and wash it dong wit' a good case of Carib in yuh ruckuhtukungkung. Yuh could round  off de financial figures to the nearest thousan' dullahs and ting, y'undustan?"

"Anyhow,watch meh, we want to release some funds to the TTFF, not to you by the way, no offense eh, but we have to report to Parliament about where de flecking money went and why it should be spent on football and not other things. All kinda rumour-mongering kakaholes saying how yuh siphon orf de money and alll kinda lie. Imagine dat. We even have a padnah called "fishs" who could  testify that everybody lie about dat as he has quality evidence. We are sure the money should go to football but we have to convince others such as Manning as he eh interested really. The more the demand, the more we could release. Just for de record nah. Big up".

>:( . Steuppsss!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:48:26 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »
Love it Dreamer send it 2 d Minister d office on Duke Street POS

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 05:43:59 PM »
I waiting patiently to see if Hunt going and back down from he accountability mantra..... :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »
I waiting patiently to see if Hunt going and back down from he accountability mantra..... :waiting:

He done halfway capitulate with that 'decree'...it have no more brinkmanship and sabre rattlin to do

Hunt and Jack put dey totee on de desk...vampire totee obviously larger and have more battle scars...Hunt hadda cool it
Everybody know yuh cannot play 'who totee bigger' with supernatural beings
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

He done halfway capitulate with that 'decree'...it have no more brinkmanship and sabre rattlin to do

Hunt and Jack put dey totee on de desk...vampire totee obviously larger and have more battle scars...Hunt hadda cool it
Everybody know yuh cannot play 'who totee bigger' with supernatural beings

Speaking from experience Dutty?  :rotfl:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »

Preacher, you loss you calling or what!  What craziness is that?  Why should the government pay the players what Jack owe them? Not unless Jack is going to pay back the government.  And where the financial report that he promise a month ago that we still waiting for?  You don't reward thievery by paying the thief.  You throw his butt in the slammer.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
I thought the awareness on SW.net MB was improving by leaps and bounds but like we real slippin' wit' some of the commentaries ah readin' here.

Rancid, Deeks, Midnightowl and Coas',... on de ball. No further comment.

Coops, in your usual gentlemanly way, yuh have me mez wit' dis "All I seeing is de foootball and nutten else " philosophy. C'mon man.

Fishs... Lord help us you. Are you Jackulito by chance? Well, I doh expec' you to say yes right now.

Minister Hunt, I don't know you, but if the ministerial post were held by any of us I would recommend a letter such as , "Dear Special Adviser, Mr Jack(ula) , would you please, if you have the time, just give us a li'l TTFF flow sheet nah, of income and expenditures for any of the last few years you have recorded, especially 2005, 2006, 2007 and even de latest yuh have for 2008, if possible, ah know it hard. Even if yuh doh want to be too official an' ting, leh we meet by Smokey an' Bunty, shit talk about it den nah, and wash it dong wit' a good case of Carib in yuh ruckuhtukungkung. Yuh could round  off de financial figures to the nearest thousan' dullahs and ting, y'undustan?"

"Anyhow,watch meh, we want to release some funds to the TTFF, not to you by the way, no offense eh, but we have to report to Parliament about where de flecking money went and why it should be spent on football and not other things. All kinda rumour-mongering kakaholes saying how yuh siphon orf de money and alll kinda lie. Imagine dat. We even have a padnah called "fishs" who could  testify that everybody lie about dat as he has quality evidence. We are sure the money should go to football but we have to convince others such as Manning as he eh interested really. The more the demand, the more we could release. Just for de record nah. Big up".

>:( . Steuppsss!!!
  Breds i am one person that understands how everyone on here feels about our Football,the reason why i take the stance i take on Football in T&T is because i was personally involved at all levels both playing and coaching for many years and feels may be some day like so many of us may want to fall back in,i try to keep informed and avoid taking sides,the thing with our Football is all you hear are the issues/problems but don't hear about answers or how to solve them,
   Nothing going on with our players and Coaches and Football is new to me,no government never stepped in, we had to handle our issues for ourselves,is either you want to play or don't play, military personnel had no choice,i was abused by the public when i did not have a good game,i got fired by Jack just like every other national team Coach,i used to attend TTFA  meetings etc etc i am not one who just talks about T&T Football,i was a part of it all my life.I can tell you what it feels like to play or Coach for T&T,what i can say in a nutshell is prey not to loose.
   If i took on the politics in T&T Football i would not have represented my country,the only way one can operate in our Football is to put the issues to rest because don't matter what the public/country wants results,we have to let the people who are not involved directly with the game deal with those things but as players and Coaches it will affect you.I don't like a lot of things going on with our Football but that does not mean i hate anybody,the best Football countries in the world have issues who are we?don't worry nothing last forever Jack and the whole TTFF administration will be gone some day,i hope i'm still around when that happens,it will be my closing chapter.    

1]; } ?>