March 29, 2024, 05:38:23 AM

Author Topic: Are we really better off with or without Jack Warner??  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Are we really better off with or without Jack Warner??
« on: June 24, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »
Now, I’ve sit back and observed for a very, very long time, (and I know I’m risking being criticized for what im about to say, but who gives a f*&%)

I must say that everyone on, well not everyone but some of the persons on this forum are at times too judgmental, extremely critical and feel they are always right and could do much better when it comes to The TTFF &  JW. Some here cast aspersions and make erroneous statements that imply, that all they do entire day is sit in their executive leather chairs in the board room looking for ways to suck Trinidad dry of all its money and destroy our football to the point where it's beyond repair.  I don’t think anyone here can tell me that JW hasn't given a lot to football in Trinidad, more than any Gov’t, fan or Corporation has ever done. I also say that we have become so Anti - JW, that it's hard for us to see the good he has done. In my opinion, If it weren't for JW we would have never been able to hire a coach like Leo Beenhakker, and would have certainly never made the World Cup in 2006. I for one applaud him and thank him for the good he has done and for his tremendous contribution to the development of football in T&T. With that said, don't think I’m not aware that with the many good he has done, he has also allegedly been accused of taking a hell of alot more, which to this day (at least to my knowing) he has never been prosecuted for. Let me also say, by no means am I denying that the administrators are innocent of having our football in the terrible state that it’s in , and that their are serious issues to be dealt with in the TTFF. I for one believe its time for a new executive. But the question I’m getting to and asking you all to think carefully about is, where would our football be with out JW? Love him or hate him, he has done a lot, and if he exits our football affairs, is there anyone capable enough and with the connections JW has to champion our cause and fight for Trinbagonian football?? I await your comments...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we really better off with or without Jack Warner??
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »
Has been asked a 1000+ times and d answer is d same all d time betta without.  Dat way all d peps he blacklist make persona non grata etc etc etc will b able 2 make a contribution.

D money dat FIFA give d JWFF would go 2 d TTFF that  alone go b a huge +
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
I hear yuh, but then the question is if not Jack then who? Who do we think is the rightful successor to JW....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »
What successor u talkin bout Baby Doc replacin Papa Doc. We just need a professional organization 2 handle we buziness dem fellas eh know how 2 spell professional
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 04:41:29 PM »
If your penis had a boil for 10 years and a doctor came to you and said:  "Mr. Padams, I have the ability to excise that boil."  Would you ponder the merits of having a boil on the tip of your tool?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »
I hear yuh, but then the question is if not Jack then who? Who do we think is the rightful successor to JW....

Sprangalang
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:49:22 PM »

Sprangalang

ha ha ha ha...sprangalang, and Old King Cole the Creole

has a nice ring to it.

:devil:

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
breddah, you'll never get an answer to that question, simply because no private investor stepping into the equation to put out money to hire coaches like leo and maturana, neither will they have the connections, its as simple as that, however there is a flip side to this story, the ttcb has become one of the best sporting bodies in the caribbean and has produced talent after talent, winning regional titles with little money provided, the ttff can also in theory be as successful or more; however our govts are corrupt and so are the people who may take over, replacing may see another greedy  successor but with less connections and less money.

Like is said to many, which private group will show its face right now and say they want a chance at running tt football? I am still waiting for that group.

God is de BOSS....

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:58:24 PM »
There used to be twins in the East End of London in the 60's called Ronnie & Reggie Kray. They ran the whole of East London and the West End.
Street crime fell to record lows. The Krays did not tolerate innocent people being mugged or robbed, either by criminals or businessmen.

The poor people of East London respected them more than the police or the government.

They were the most vicious and violent British criminals of the 20th century.

I'm not saying Jack Warner is a criminal. But my point is, is doesn't matter how much good you do, it does not outweigh any damage he may have caused.

Without Jack, there may well have not been any Beenhakker, no Maturana and no England match.

However, if any business was run like TTFF, the Chairman,(who appoints the special adviser, and takes ultimate responsibility for the running of the company), Financial Director  (who is responsible for budgeting and accounting for funds) and any consultant or adviser (who's advice included blacklisting footballers, the offering of and non adherence to contracts, open disputes with the government, alleged ticketing scandals and the possibility of your core product being marketed in a foreign country hundreds of miles away from your main client bank) would have been sacked and, possibly, investigated years ago.

This is not a witch hunt against Jack Warner and TTFF. It is outrage at continuous substandard business practices, lack of transparency and accountability and alleged misappropriation of taxpayers money.

If your ship is heading for the rocks, eventually someone else needs to take the helm and try to steer it to safety. The good ship TTFF has been heading for disaster for 20 years and the officers have done nothing. Now its time for mutiny. At least your fate will be in your own hands. :flamethrower:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:49 PM »
NO!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
Padams,
              Our football would have been way ahead.

I don't know if we might have made it to the WC without Jack "assistance", but club football would have been much better.
I am sure the pro-league would have had better attendance.  Most of all without Jack, we may have had CONSISTENCY, better youth development. Women football would not be in the dog house. And we would have been able to show the govt the accounting spreadsheet, so that we can get money(Jack would not have to mortgage his house).  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
No Private entity would have 2 put out d kinda money because d gov't and d association would b on d same page. How JA was able 2 dot it? What is d rate of d JA $ 2 d US?

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »
breddah, you'll never get an answer to that question, simply because no private investor stepping into the equation to put out money to hire coaches like leo and maturana, neither will they have the connections, its as simple as that, however there is a flip side to this story, the ttcb has become one of the best sporting bodies in the caribbean and has produced talent after talent, winning regional titles with little money provided, the ttff can also in theory be as successful or more; however our govts are corrupt and so are the people who may take over, replacing may see another greedy  successor but with less connections and less money.

Like is said to many, which private group will show its face right now and say they want a chance at running tt football? I am still waiting for that group.

God is de BOSS....

Good point, that should give us hope that it can be done...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
Now, I’ve sit back and observed for a very, very long time, (and I know I’m risking being criticized for what im about to say, but who gives a f*&%)

I must say that everyone on, well not everyone but some of the persons on this forum are at times too judgmental, extremely critical and feel they are always right and could do much better when it comes to The TTFF &  JW. Some here cast aspersions and make erroneous statements that imply, that all they do entire day is sit in their executive leather chairs in the board room looking for ways to suck Trinidad dry of all its money and destroy our football to the point where it's beyond repair.  I don’t think anyone here can tell me that JW hasn't given a lot to football in Trinidad, more than any Gov’t, fan or Corporation has ever done. I also say that we have become so Anti - JW, that it's hard for us to see the good he has done. In my opinion, If it weren't for JW we would have never been able to hire a coach like Leo Beenhakker, and would have certainly never made the World Cup in 2006. I for one applaud him and thank him for the good he has done and for his tremendous contribution to the development of football in T&T. With that said, don't think I’m not aware that with the many good he has done, he has also allegedly been accused of taking a hell of alot more, which to this day (at least to my knowing) he has never been prosecuted for. Let me also say, by no means am I denying that the administrators are innocent of having our football in the terrible state that it’s in , and that their are serious issues to be dealt with in the TTFF. I for one believe its time for a new executive. But the question I’m getting to and asking you all to think carefully about is, where would our football be with out JW? Love him or hate him, he has done a lot, and if he exits our football affairs, is there anyone capable enough and with the connections JW has to champion our cause and fight for Trinbagonian football?? I await your comments...

this sounds exactly like ah discussion I had with my boy when i was home a few weekends ago.
Jack innocent since he never been convicted.
Nobody forced the players to strike.
etc etc

who goes there is that you???

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
Padam, I am confident that if FIFA rules were different, and federations weren't private entities that our government will spend the money. Wasn't it LP that recommended Beenie, and Corneal recommended Maturana. All JW did was pay them - he didn't bring them in. Also Our government willing to pay the coaches, but no transparency , no $$$$.

1]; } ?>