April 25, 2024, 05:15:00 AM

Author Topic: Making mas with mediocrity.  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Making mas with mediocrity.
« on: June 25, 2008, 06:05:06 AM »
Making mas with mediocrity.
By: Fazeer Mohammed (Express).
[/size]

So now we have to endure five more months, at least, of this rum-and-roti football politicking.

How is it possible to make any meaningful progress towards a culture of sporting excellence when we keep celebrating mediocrity to fulfil short-term, short-sighted objectives?

There have been some classics over the years, but Monday night's "welcome home" charade for the senior national football team up at the airport plumbed new depths of shameless political expediency.

If the players were uncomfortable and embarrassed by it all, they had every right to be.

In shovelling the manure about a "magnificent" and "wonderful" performance by Aurtis Whitley's side, Sports Minister Gary Hunt merely confirmed what we all knew to be the real purpose of this wasteful exercise (by the way, how much did it cost?).

This had nothing to do with substance or encouragement on the basis of a realistic assessment of the situation, but was all about pandering to the cameras and microphones - and therefore the national electorate - and playing patriotic by heralding a team that would probably have preferred to shuffle quietly away.

Don't get me wrong. They didn't ultimately shame us, because the goals by Darryl Roberts and Stern John on Sunday night in Hamilton were just enough to overturn the humiliation of a week earlier in Macoya. But they didn't do themselves justice, they didn't play anywhere close to the level we know they can, and they should therefore not be hailed as conquering heroes for scraping past opponents they should be thrashing.

Amid the relief that we haven't fallen flat at the first hurdle in the campaign to get to South Africa 2010, some of us are trying to fool ourselves with the notion that the 2-0 win in the return fixture against Bermuda was a herculean effort and worthy of the highest praise.

Just in case we're losing perspective on this whole thing, the Bermudans are ranked 139th in the world and have never made it past the first round of World Cup qualifying. Indeed, they were whipped 3-0 by Barbados a week before the first leg at the Marvin Lee Stadium, a Bajan team that then travelled to California and collected eight goals without reply from the United States in the first leg of their qualifier.

On the other side of the ball you have Trinidad and Tobago, not exactly football heavyweights at 87th in the FIFA ratings (behind Iceland and Zimbabwe but ahead of New Zealand and Guatemala, at least for now), but a Caribbean force to reckon with. Champions in the region many times over and, to top it all off, an historic first World Cup finals appearance in Germany two years ago where we were far from disgraced, holding Sweden to a goalless draw and frustrating England for 84 minutes before succumbing at the end.

Even without all the foreign-based professionals, this country should not be scrambling to overcome Bermuda, unless we are prepared to concede Wim Rijsbergen's assertion that the T&T Pro League is really not producing the calibre of player capable of competing on the international stage.

So what are we celebrating? What are we hailing?

It is like your child managing a bare pass in the end-of-term exams when you know he or she consistently averages higher and has really seriously underperformed. No right-thinking parent could ever be satisfied with such an underachiever, and while it can be damaging to get down too much on the student, you wouldn't expect a celebratory party to be thrown either.

But we're not dealing with right-thinking parents here, because the right-thinking politician will believe that making a drink-up dancehall fete out of every occasion is the way to go because the masses fall for it every single time.

If it's not some entertainer sounding more Jamaican than Jamaicans in bigging up our Olympic hopefuls on the Brian Lara Promenade, it's giving a national team an "appropriate welcome" for playing sub-standard football.

It takes at least two politicians to sustain proper bacchanal, and with Jack Warner leading the strike force from the other side, you know there will be no shortage of claims, counter-claims and inflammatory rhetoric before, during and after our last CONCACAF semi-final qualifier at home to Cuba on November 19.

If you think you've had enough of those celebrated "yesterday was yesterday, today is today" moments, well, brother man, that was just the beginning.

Will Jack follow through on the outlandish threat to play our designated home games outside of Trinidad and Tobago? Will Hunt's ministry request 200 tickets for the September 6 clash with Guatemala that kicks off the next phase of World Cup qualifying? Tune in next time and find out.

This is really readymade headline material. You just have to kick back, make sure the recorders are on with plenty of storage space and watch the low-budget, petty island drama unfold. The Reef, Westwood Park and Calabash Alley will have nothing on Hunt vs Warner: The Series.

It is difficult to see how our footballers will not be affected by the continuing public fiasco over a campaign that brought such joy and unity on the previous occasion. I suppose the best advice to give them is to work on their own game, which needs considerable improvement on the evidence of the Bermuda fixtures, and try not to be distracted by the games off the field.

There's plenty more rum-and-roti grandstanding to come, but Whitley and company should only have an appetite for the very tough contests that lie ahead.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Making mas with mediocrity.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:17:56 AM »

Just in case we're losing perspective on this whole thing, the Bermudans are ranked 139th in the world and have never made it past the first round of World Cup qualifying. Indeed, they were whipped 3-0 by Barbados a week before the first leg at the Marvin Lee Stadium, a Bajan team that then travelled to California and collected eight goals without reply from the United States in the first leg of their qualifier.

He brain fart here trying to make a point.
The Bermudians were better than many want to admit.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 06:31:32 AM »

He brain fart here trying to make a point.
The Bermudians were better than many want to admit.

Very inexcusable error that compromise an entire article. In any case, I agree with everything else.

The Bermudans were certainly far better than many want to admit, but we have also fallen far further than many have tried to deny...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 06:46:02 AM »
The title alone convinced me it was Fazeerian. 

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
The title alone convinced me it was Fazeerian. 

Jah boy I say de same ting. THis  dude in an attempt to be objective does come across real rash, almost like their lies a lingering underlying agenda on his part. Come Journal guy yuh can show more tact than that I'm certain cant you? You can't compare this Team to de WC team now can you? yuh cant compare in general bermuda's efforts to a 3-0 whipping from Barbados who was trenched by de US who I guess we should be able to stand up against now can you? Not with this team. or rather not at this point in time for this team. Maybe WC germany team but not this current team in its current level of play. and why should de Team not be heralded after pulling off a herculean effort... yes it was a tremendous win going away from home 3-2 down on aggri. and pull off the win... Does this support not further show a vote of thanks and confidence to the team. WE ALMOST WENT HOME IN DE DAM FIRST ROUND.... Think of de last time we do that and yuh go realise just how much we had a right to celebrate.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 08:17:18 AM »
The old excuse used to be "There are no easy games anymore in International football". It always sounded like a lame excuse for mediocrity.

But now, I'm not so sure.

Look at the Euros. Greece won it in 2004. GREECE! WTF?

Now see Turkey and Russia are in the semis. Wheres Italy, Holland, Portugal, France?

People in England were devestated that we didn't qualify for the finals, but in hindsight, England were in the group of death! Croatia were incredibly unlucky not to reach the semis, in fact I tipped them to win the tournament. Russia still might. Arshavin is phenominal. Never heard of him before!

It seems that if your team are well organised, motivated and have bonded together, it is very har to break them down.

Look at T&T in Germany. Sweden were truthfully on paper a better team. So were England. The only reason England scored two is because the warriors had to case the game. In my opinion, if T&T had played Paraguay in the first game, they would have drawn. They may have finished with 2 points.

Any team, including Bermuda,can close down a game and stop the other side from scoring. To qualify, T&T must play spoiling games against USA and try to score as many as possible in the other matches. The problem is that the other teams will consider a draw against T&T as a victory and will be playing their own spoiling game.

FIFA rankings count for nothing when the ref blows his whistle.

There are no easy games anymore in International football.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 08:40:59 AM »
I dont always agree with Fazeer...but this article is correct.

Bermuda is not a side!

I am sure a top 5 Pro League team could beat this Bermuda side...and our national team too.

But I understand what he is getting at. He trying to make those not aware...aware.

Plenty people did not even know we were playing Bermuda, who playing for this new team, who is the coach etc.

Believe it or not the only people who care bout football in TT are those who come on this website and those directly involved and it is a part of their livelihood.

Nobody else give two fart bout Warner and Hunt and we football side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 08:55:25 AM »
I dont always agree with Fazeer...but this article is correct.

Bermuda is not a side!

I am sure a top 5 Pro League team could beat this Bermuda side...and our national team too.

But I understand what he is getting at. He trying to make those not aware...aware.

Plenty people did not even know we were playing Bermuda, who playing for this new team, who is the coach etc.

Believe it or not the only people who care bout football in TT are those who come on this website and those directly involved and it is a part of their livelihood.

Nobody else give two fart bout Warner and Hunt and we football side.

I agree with you Touches. The only thing about Fazeer is that you can see that football isn't really his first sport per se but the man is spot on. Didn't anyone see how uncomfortable the players were in the media brief after their triumphant return from beating the mighty Bermuda team.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 09:11:18 AM »
The old excuse used to be "There are no easy games anymore in International football". It always sounded like a lame excuse for mediocrity.

But now, I'm not so sure.

Look at the Euros. Greece won it in 2004. GREECE! WTF?

Now see Turkey and Russia are in the semis. Wheres Italy, Holland, Portugal, France?

People in England were devestated that we didn't qualify for the finals, but in hindsight, England were in the group of death! Croatia were incredibly unlucky not to reach the semis, in fact I tipped them to win the tournament. Russia still might. Arshavin is phenominal. Never heard of him before!

It seems that if your team are well organised, motivated and have bonded together, it is very har to break them down.

Look at T&T in Germany. Sweden were truthfully on paper a better team. So were England. The only reason England scored two is because the warriors had to case the game. In my opinion, if T&T had played Paraguay in the first game, they would have drawn. They may have finished with 2 points.

Any team, including Bermuda,can close down a game and stop the other side from scoring. To qualify, T&T must play spoiling games against USA and try to score as many as possible in the other matches. The problem is that the other teams will consider a draw against T&T as a victory and will be playing their own spoiling game.

FIFA rankings count for nothing when the ref blows his whistle.

There are no easy games anymore in International football.

You can't compare Holland and Russia to Trinidad and Bermuda. The two european teams have been to many world cups. Your better choice would be Holland and San Marino.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »
Boss article. Make no mistake, this was no herculean effort. With all due respect to Bermuda, as much as they have improved, when playing to our potential, THIS T&T team is still far better than Bermuda. For those that have an issue with the article, allyuh really thought T&T's performance was good enough to warrant such a celebration? It was as if they qualify for the WC again!

We struggle to beat that Bermuda side, and not because Bermuda was that good, but because we didn't take them seriously and let them beat us AT HOME. Sorry, but that kinda attitude and approach not good enough. And we only do the bare minimum in Bermuda too. Again because of our own failure to maximise our opportunities on the field. As far as I am concerned, we still have way too much work to do for the next stage for us to be feteing this victory. Congrats on getting the job done, but please get back to work
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
The only issue I have with the article is the misinformation, with regards to the scoreline between Bim and Bermuda. It was Bermuda who in fact did the "whipping" 3-0 of Barbados. As midknight rightfully said, all credibility went out the window after that faux pas.
Yes, I agree we should have handily defeated Bermuda but to say that only we underperformed, rather than them also giving a good showing is also wrong. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Some credit must be given to the Bermudans. They at least played to a plan in the first leg, which if we had done over both legs would make this topic completely null. I don't know any sane person celebrating this result.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 09:45:37 AM »
while we on the topic of correcting Fazeer, I think Bermuda also made it to the semi-final round of qualifying for the 94 WC.
Oh, and Faz, this tie with Bermuda is not the first round, it is in fact the second round, Bermuda beat Cayman Islands in the first round.

Nevertheless, we should have beaten them by much more....

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »
Me ent care what nobody say....most times I find that Faz does get it right, and even if he doh have all the facts he does mention that he could be corrected. 
Ah go leh the worng score pass this time  ;D

Anyway, I was just wondering how much USA would probably put on us.  If Bermuda did beat Bar 3 - 0, and we fight up with them for a 3 - 2 aggregate, we could possibly expect to get about 6 from the US  ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 11:07:46 AM »
while we on the topic of correcting Fazeer, I think Bermuda also made it to the semi-final round of qualifying for the 94 WC.
Oh, and Faz, this tie with Bermuda is not the first round, it is in fact the second round, Bermuda beat Cayman Islands in the first round.

Nevertheless, we should have beaten them by much more....

... and not throw ah feted in VIP to celebrate it afterwards.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »
Boss article. Make no mistake, this was no herculean effort. With all due respect to Bermuda, as much as they have improved, when playing to our potential, THIS T&T team is still far better than Bermuda. For those that have an issue with the article, allyuh really thought T&T's performance was good enough to warrant such a celebration? It was as if they qualify for the WC again!

We struggle to beat that Bermuda side, and not because Bermuda was that good, but because we didn't take them seriously and let them beat us AT HOME. Sorry, but that kinda attitude and approach not good enough. And we only do the bare minimum in Bermuda too. Again because of our own failure to maximise our opportunities on the field. As far as I am concerned, we still have way too much work to do for the next stage for us to be feteing this victory. Congrats on getting the job done, but please get back to work

All very valid points...

I stand corrected. :applause:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
Me ent care what nobody say....most times I find that Faz does get it right, and even if he doh have all the facts he does mention that he could be corrected. 
Ah go leh the worng score pass this time  ;D

Anyway, I was just wondering how much USA would probably put on us.  If Bermuda did beat Bar 3 - 0, and we fight up with them for a 3 - 2 aggregate, we could possibly expect to get about 6 from the US  ???

I believe that it's possible to compete with the US. I also believe achieving a respectable and competitive scoreline is within the realm of reason.

Home and away can't be played on the same footing ... and definitely taking a step back from a commitment to all-out open play would be a step in the right direction.

Images of Grenada and SVG linger in my mind as I'm responding ... ah cyah help but think if Costa Rica faced SVG instead of Grenada the outcome would have been different ... Anyway, both of those teams IMV provided a template that shouldn't be ignored ... the BGI and Belize matches did as well ... I think the commonality of play among these teams is so telling ... all West Indian teams bring similar attributes to the table in certain foreign environments - regardless of however we see a pecking order of who is better or worse among the regional teams.

Oh yeah ... Fazeer yuh right about this 'celebration'.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
Dem boi should ah just sneak back in d country peeps went to meet dem in d airport I tell all yuh is limbo d lower we go d betta
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 07:15:38 PM »
Dem boi should ah just sneak back in d country peeps went to meet dem in d airport I tell all yuh is limbo d lower we go d betta

I never realise the lengths that dey (govt) went thorugh with their celebration.. From the sounds of it as was described as  "almost de same from coming back from Germany lol) that is outrageous. So without knowing i thought some small show of appreciation was acceptable but that kinda bandwaggonism is unacceptable. What is also unacceptable is journalist continuing to use the football for to score political points. I aint with dat shit either...

Another scary point is that Whitley, though im sure very tired, aint seem to sure about how far de Team could go with his comments.. I not sure he can Captain de Team with an attitude like dat. But if not he who else right?  since Ince gone...Maybe Birchall after dey call him back. Or my bad ah forget Lawrence. Maybe is time for Dennis to get de armband.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »
I agree. All this pomp and ceremony was just because Hunt realises that the public eating Jack chain up hook line and sinker. Public perception goes a long way...so he trying to win over the public by doing things to show he cares. This idea most likely came from the same brain hemisphere that the free stadium idea came from. But....most people eh seeing the matrix...they simply seeing the binary code. Jack has misled a great deal of the population....aided and abetted by vociferous bamcee lickers like anil roberts..(who believes louder determines degree of fact). Many of the members of public dont know the full circumstances of this suituation.....even those in the media themselves. Look at keith smith's article in the thread touches put up. Few people are aware of the fact that the agreement is basically the same.....but its simply Jack making much ado about nothing. In fact many of the people that i make aware of that fact realise how little of a case Jack has. While these two big men are behaving like children...one has right on his side...and one is trying to portray being right. The most we can do is to make as many people aware of the facts of the situation..hoping that this widespread dissemination of information has the effect of andrew jennings...lasana liburd.....and forces jack to hedge his antics.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
I agree. All this pomp and ceremony was just because Hunt realises that the public eating Jack chain up hook line and sinker. Public perception goes a long way...so he trying to win over the public by doing things to show he cares. This idea most likely came from the same brain hemisphere that the free stadium idea came from. But....most people eh seeing the matrix...they simply seeing the binary code. Jack has misled a great deal of the population....aided and abetted by vociferous bamcee lickers like anil roberts..(who believes louder determines degree of fact). Many of the members of public dont know the full circumstances of this suituation.....even those in the media themselves. Look at keith smith's article in the thread touches put up. Few people are aware of the fact that the agreement is basically the same.....but its simply Jack making much ado about nothing. In fact many of the people that i make aware of that fact realise how little of a case Jack has. While these two big men are behaving like children...one has right on his side...and one is trying to portray being right. The most we can do is to make as many people aware of the facts of the situation..hoping that this widespread dissemination of information has the effect of andrew jennings...lasana liburd.....and forces jack to hedge his antics.
That is the sad part. The only man with power to actually create change,even if its just reactionary, is politically clumsy and mentally unimpressive. 

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »
The main points of the article were good but for the knowledgeable forum fans the errors were too glaring to be glossed over.  The bottom line is:
1.  We not as good as we think we are.
2.  Bermuda is not as bad as we believe.
3.  Jack and the TTFF and Gary Hunt and Patrick room should be locked away together in a cage without food and water until some sense reach their starving brains.
4.  Unless we make some drastic changes on the team and in the ttff front office, we not winning any games in the next round
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 10:14:47 PM »
Ah mean it was no wear in comparsion 2 Germany but dat being said dey shouldhave come through Piarco and bus it. As 4 Whitley we all know dat fella eh captain material Dennis is d man but all part of d total local policy.

As 4 Hunt he blink
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 10:53:04 PM »

Brilliant.

The main points of the article were good but for the knowledgeable forum fans the errors were too glaring to be glossed over.  The bottom line is:
1.  We not as good as we think we are.
2.  Bermuda is not as bad as we believe.
3.  Jack and the TTFF and Gary Hunt and Patrick room should be locked away together in a cage without food and water until some sense reach their starving brains.
4.  Unless we make some drastic changes on the team and in the ttff front office, we not winning any games in the next round

... and as proof of Hunt's 'starving brains', you offer..?

Even right here on the forum men eating de chain up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:55:22 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 06:24:36 AM »
But....most people eh seeing the matrix...they simply seeing the binary code.
Lol. You sure is not de other way around ?

Another scary point is that Whitley, though im sure very tired, aint seem to sure about how far de Team could go with his comments.. I not sure he can Captain de Team with an attitude like dat. But if not he who else right?  since Ince gone...Maybe Birchall after dey call him back.

Birchall ent making this team under the watch of the fantastic four, let alone captaining nothing. Is only two people going to get to captain if Whitley not doing it as the only local player with rank - Carlos and Dennis, cos they wasn't privy to the lawsuit.

I ent know how Stern manage to get de bligh vs Guadeloupe, but it was a strange decision anyway you look at it, and I'm a Stern fan... KJ vice captain even stranger
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »

Another scary point is that Whitley, though im sure very tired, aint seem to sure about how far de Team could go with his comments.. I not sure he can Captain de Team with an attitude like dat. But if not he who else right?  since Ince gone...Maybe Birchall after dey call him back.

Birchall ent making this team under the watch of the fantastic four, let alone captaining nothing. Is only two people going to get to captain if Whitley not doing it as the only local player with rank - Carlos and Dennis, cos they wasn't privy to the lawsuit.

I ent know how Stern manage to get de bligh vs Guadeloupe, but it was a strange decision anyway you look at it, and I'm a Stern fan... KJ vice captain even stranger

If I remember correctly, that was the first game after the blacklist was supposedly lifted. I feel they give Stern and KJ the honours to convince us that the blacklist was no more. But daz just me.....
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
Yeo dat was 4 we 2 blieve dat all is well

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 03:31:17 PM »

If I remember correctly, that was the first game after the blacklist was supposedly lifted. I feel they give Stern and KJ the honours to convince us that the blacklist was no more. But daz just me.....

From wha i remember.....it had a topic here....apparently the technical staff forgot to name someone as captain...and left the armband on a table in the dressing room. Stern apparently found it.....put it on..and went on the field.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »
From wha i remember.....it had a topic here....apparently the technical staff forgot to name someone as captain...and left the armband on a table in the dressing room. Stern apparently found it.....put it on..and went on the field.

Ah remember that thread, but the way yuh sum it up here just amplfies the state we reach all frigging round on and off de field....ah want to  :rotfl: eh cuz ah goh  :'(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »

Yuh fricking kidding me right? If was arrow had post this I wont ah even blink...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »
It is an improvement from d treasure hunt where who find d armband was d captin. Seriously d obvous choice of captin is d man who head took we 2 d WC. I blieve he was d captin 4 d Austria game yes Stern was injured but I bllieve he would have been selected anyway

1]; } ?>