March 28, 2024, 10:51:28 AM

Author Topic: Govt offers to assist Warriors.  (Read 10823 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Govt offers to assist Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
Coops,
          I understand your side of the issue clearly, but everybody on the site wants Jack's exit to be now, not some time in the future.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
Now u mean last millenium he need 2 leave and take he lakeys wit him
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 09:33:43 PM »
I thought the awareness on SW.net MB was improving by leaps and bounds but like we real slippin' wit' some of the commentaries ah readin' here.

Rancid, Deeks, Midnightowl and Coas',... on de ball. No further comment.

Coops, in your usual gentlemanly way, yuh have me mez wit' dis "All I seeing is de foootball and nutten else " philosophy. C'mon man.

Fishs... Lord help us you. Are you Jackulito by chance? Well, I doh expec' you to say yes right now.
Minister Hunt, I don't know you, but if the ministerial post were held by any of us I would recommend a letter such as , "Dear Special Adviser, Mr Jack(ula) , would you please, if you have the time, just give us a li'l TTFF flow sheet nah, of income and expenditures for any of the last few years you have recorded, especially 2005, 2006, 2007 and even de latest yuh have for 2008, if possible, ah know it hard. Even if yuh doh want to be too official an' ting, leh we meet by Smokey an' Bunty, shit talk about it den nah, and wash it dong wit' a good case of Carib in yuh ruckuhtukungkung. Yuh could round  off de financial figures to the nearest thousan' dullahs and ting, y'undustan?"

"Anyhow,watch meh, we want to release some funds to the TTFF, not to you by the way, no offense eh, but we have to report to Parliament about where de flecking money went and why it should be spent on football and not other things. All kinda rumour-mongering kakaholes saying how yuh siphon orf de money and alll kinda lie. Imagine dat. We even have a padnah called "fishs" who could  testify that everybody lie about dat as he has quality evidence. We are sure the money should go to football but we have to convince others such as Manning as he eh interested really. The more the demand, the more we could release. Just for de record nah. Big up".

>:( . Steuppsss!!!

Breda I have my beef with Jack probably before you was a twinkle in yuh fadder eye.
What is Hunt the c..t doing by constantly flip flopping ?
If yuh going after Jack go after him and stop the public gerrymandering, as yet nobody in the Government has shown the balls to stand up properly to Jack and bring down his empire regardless of the consequences. Simple Hunt the c..t is a nobody politician and everytime this team makes a step forward he will make a step backwards.
All these words in here of hatred to Jack ent changing the fact that he is football in Trinidad but men like the c..t have the means and not the guts.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 09:36:48 PM »
  Breds i am one person that understands how everyone on here feels about our Football,the reason why i take the stance i take on Football in T&T is because i was personally involved at all levels both playing and coaching for many years and feels may be some day like so many of us may want to fall back in,i try to keep informed and avoid taking sides,the thing with our Football is all you hear are the issues/problems but don't hear about answers or how to solve them ......

..... I don't like a lot of things going on with our Football but that does not mean i hate anybody,the best Football countries in the world have issues who are we?don't worry nothing last forever Jack and the whole TTFF administration will be gone some day,i hope i'm still around when that happens,it will be my closing chapter.    

Coops, I FINALLY FINALLY understand were you are coming from. I almost thought you were lorsin' yuh marbles. Almost. That highlighted part at the beginning explained what you seemed to have been agonizin' and twistin' and turning (Like Latas  ;D ) to say but nevah quite made people like me understand when it came to your rationale. Yuh playin' safe fuh later. Ah hah!!  I eh have no problem wit' dat because yuh know what ... yuh heart and true intentions are explained by the last salvo yuh ress dong dey, which I put in highlights.

Big up Chief. Go brave but watch yuh back.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 10:05:45 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 11:40:51 PM »
Dreamer I think Coops is talking shit.  Plain and Simple too!

What he said is akin to slaves saying one day we will be free, al the slave owners will die.

Nonsense.

New slavers are on the way sufferers. 

Not taking sides?  Anyone ever read Othello?  To be unaware of the malignancy in this world is aiding and abetting...just like weary said  The first Ostrich was found in Trinidad!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:05 PM »

What he said is akin to slaves saying one day we will be free, al the slave owners will die.

Nonsense.

Not taking sides?  Anyone ever read Othello?  To be unaware of the malignancy in this world is aiding and abetting...just like weary said  The first Ostrich was found in Trinidad!

Slaves did say they will be free, and guest what - they were, and the slavers did die.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 12:08:32 AM »

Nonsense.

Slaves did say they will be free, and guest what - they were, and the slavers did die.

I guest nothing.  Slavers died?  Which history book did you not read?

More shit talk!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:25:23 AM by assrancid »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 12:43:15 AM »
somethin smellin rancid here...and i taught smokeherring wuz bad.... ;D

c--t is a hunt...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »

Nonsense.

More shit talk!

Assrancid, when was the last time you were enslaved, and what's her name?  ;D :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:14:43 AM by Baygo Boy »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »

Relieved Soca Warriors return home

Hunt praises Warner

Kern De Freitas kdefreitas@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, June 25th 2008

SKIPPER SPEAKS: Trinidad and Tobago captain Aurtis Whitley addresses the gathering at Piarco International Airport on Monday night, as the Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Gary Hunt, and other officials welcomed the "Soca Warriors" home from Bermuda. T&T, needing two clear goals away to the Bermudans on Sunday to advance in 2010 World Cup qualifying, won the match 2-0 and the two-leg qualifier 3-2 on aggregate. -Photo: ANISTO ALVES

Trinidad and Tobago's senior national footballers returned home to Piarco International Airport on Monday night on a lighter note than when they left last Thursday for Bermuda to play their return leg Caribbean Football Union 2010 World Cup qualifying match.

On their faces was a mixture of exhaustion following an eight-hour flight delay in Miami, USA, and undoubted relief, after winning by the minimal margin of two goals required to keep their World Cup campaign afloat.

T&T captain Aurtis Whitley, visibly tired after the last few days of pressure brought on by their 2-1 home loss to the Bermudans at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Macoya on June 15, gave a brief take on the national team's position after the win, an oration he described as "short and sharp".

"That's one hurdle down, and many more to go. Hopefully, the coming up of this team, we'll be coming together as one more, and trying to see as far as we can reach in this 2010 campaign," he said at the airport's VIP Lounge, adding: "That's all I have to say."

The players' exhaustion could be understood as they touched down after 11 p.m., having been travelling since 4 a.m. on Monday.

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Gary Hunt was almost as brief with his offering, congratulating the team and officials, before extending his praises to Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who was absent from the function.

Warner and Hunt have been at loggerheads over the agreement to use the national stadiums for international matches for more than a month.

"The Government is committed to assisting the T&TFF and their preparations for the (World Cup) qualifiers," Hunt reminded the players, before adding: "I'd like to take this opportunity as well to sound an appreciation to Jack Warner for his efforts, and we look forward to great things in the future and Soca Warriors, we're there for you."

Assistant senior national coach Anton Corneal also thanked the Government and T&TFF for their support of the national team, before lauding the players themselves.

" It was a hurdle and sometimes you have to cross that hurdle early, and I think the guys showed a lot of character. It's difficult to play against a team that's defending two goals, and they dug deep, and they did well, and we learned a lot from this team," said Corneal.

The national squad resume training next week in preparation for the first group stage of the CONCACAF qualifying phase, in which they will face Guatemala, Cuba and the USA.

T&T's opening match, away to Cuba, is scheduled for August 20.

Trinidad and Tobago will engage in a friendly practice match next month, according to T&TFF vice-president Raymond Tim Kee, as well as a tournament in Canada in September, before their next qualifier against Guatemala on September 6.

The top two from each of the three CONCACAF qualifying groups will move on to the final round, between February 11 and October 14 next year, with the top three qualifying for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, while the fourth-placed team will contest a home and away playoff against the fifth-placed team from the South American qualifying group.

This the point ah making, to all the rancid people who feel ah don't know what ah talking bout.
The C..t start a war that he was destined to lose because of  weight of public opinion (be it misguided or not)
One public booing and all of a sudden he singing praises to Jack, the closer with get to qualifying the more he will kowtow but if we get knocked out , he will be back on attack. What gutlessness

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
Maybe it reads different from over here, but I'm still having trouble understanding why you guys have a problem with Hunt.

Hunt is behaving exactly how a politician should.

1, Stadium fees have remained the same for 20 years. This is ridiculous and means taxpayers are footing the bill while Jack keeps the change.

2, Hunts accused of not supporting football or the "poo black people beyond the bridge". Hunt says, fine, if you're worried about the poor people, the govt will give up the stadium fees and if you care about the poor people, you can give them free admission. After all, TTFF have just hosted the biggest grossing match in T&T history.

3, Hunt gives players a homecoming to show he takes an interest. Rather than try to score media points over Jack, which he has never done, he rightly proves he is a big man by congratulating Jack and TTFF.

4, Hunt pledges support to players and TTFF. And you know what, just as soon as the accounts are produced, Hunt will give them some money. He will also look to bring in projects that exclude TTFF yet benefit football.

I'm looking at Hunt, who I know nothing about apart from what I seeon this site, and I'm seeing him as an uncorruptable master politician....something, it appears, that Warner has never faced before.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 03:16:27 PM »
the way I see Jackula is from the point of a Politician who knows exactly how, when, where, what to say to make himself look good.
He is the type of person who could fall into a pool of shit and convince everyone that the pool is really full of "Imperial Majesty" perfume. ;)
It is a wonder to watch HOW he is able to do this time and time again.

Hunt just KEEP doing what you are doing

but then again as we have seen over the years, Jackula does NOT NEED  the Football supporters of TnT to make money.
He just takes TnT's home games away...simple
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »
Maybe it reads different from over here, but I'm still having trouble understanding why you guys have a problem with Hunt.

Hunt is behaving exactly how a politician should.

1, Stadium fees have remained the same for 20 years. This is ridiculous and means taxpayers are footing the bill while Jack keeps the change.

2, Hunts accused of not supporting football or the "poo black people beyond the bridge". Hunt says, fine, if you're worried about the poor people, the govt will give up the stadium fees and if you care about the poor people, you can give them free admission. After all, TTFF have just hosted the biggest grossing match in T&T history.

3, Hunt gives players a homecoming to show he takes an interest. Rather than try to score media points over Jack, which he has never done, he rightly proves he is a big man by congratulating Jack and TTFF.

4, Hunt pledges support to players and TTFF. And you know what, just as soon as the accounts are produced, Hunt will give them some money. He will also look to bring in projects that exclude TTFF yet benefit football.

I'm looking at Hunt, who I know nothing about apart from what I seeon this site, and I'm seeing him as an uncorruptable master politician....something, it appears, that Warner has never faced before.

You're right, you don't have a clue

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
My bad, Fishs.

I obviously picked up some incorrect info.

So, the stadium fees haven't been the same for 20 years?
TTFF didn't just host the biggest grossing game in T&T history?
Hunt has made PERSONAL attacks on Warner?
Govt should just give more money to TTFF without any accountability?

My apologies for not having a clue. Please enlighten me!

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
My bad, Fishs.

Soulman, just watch the C..t blink, he has started already, take a stance and remain there, instead you will see him eventually give in to Jack especially if we make the hex.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 10:50:25 PM »
My bad, Fishs.

Soulman, just watch the C..t blink, he has started already, take a stance and remain there, instead you will see him eventually give in to Jack especially if we make the hex.

Why yuh don't answer his questions?  You've had an axe to grind against Hunt ever since this impasse first reared it's head with Shaun Fuentes getting booted from the press conference and you haven't let up since.  You're like the protagonist in some sad Shakespearean tragedy, you see the brick wall up ahead but damned if you won't continue racing ahead full-tilt... your steadfast inflexibility broken record impelling you forward apace unchecked...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:44:18 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
The government could do well to go after Warner as they went after Panday and uncover his crookedness via a forensic audit.

The evidence is there, please don't say that they need probable cause or such nonsense, when did that ever stop political interference in T&T?

Just do it!  Get one of the Government friendly judges to write a search warrant, raid the damn TTFF and seize the books.

DO an audit, subpoena sponsors etc. and get the bastard!

kenya try political interference with their football administration - look what happen to them. that seem like an easy choice for jack - FIFA have a charter about this kind of thing.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 01:34:24 AM »
First, Warner is the one asking for political interference. He wants govt funding for TTFF.
Warner is the one using politics as a weapon against Hunt.
Warner runs football in T&T, Caribbean, concacaf and, allegedly is the power behind FIFA. Warner then became an MP.

But FIFA is so corrupt that Jack can do anything he wants.

Secondly, offering financial support is not political interference. Demanding TTFF adhere to laws surrounding company financial reporting, corruption, tax evasion, misuse of government funds is not political interference. This is called governing.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 04:28:14 AM »
The government could do well to go after Warner as they went after Panday and uncover his crookedness via a forensic audit.
The evidence is there, please don't say that they need probable cause or such nonsense, when did that ever stop political interference in T&T?
Just do it!  Get one of the Government friendly judges to write a search warrant, raid the damn TTFF and seize the books.
DO an audit, subpoena sponsors etc. and get the bastard!
kenya try political interference with their football administration - look what happen to them. that seem like an easy choice for jack - FIFA have a charter about this kind of thing.
Yes Bitter, we really have to be fair to FIFA.
When things are going in their favour they are happier than pigs in pools of shit
But as soon as they get a whiff of winds of change, that Governements institute for the better, they Claim 'political Interference".

They want to have their Cake and eat it and Governments better not come crawling for crumbs either
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
My bad, Fishs.

Why yuh don't answer his questions?  You've had an axe to grind against Hunt ever since this impasse first reared it's head with Shaun Fuentes getting booted from the press conference and you haven't let up since.  You're like the protagonist in some sad Shakespearean tragedy, you see the brick wall up ahead but damned if you won't continue racing ahead full-tilt... your steadfast inflexibility broken record impelling you forward apace unchecked...

Yuh jumping in the wrong pool son. You need a lesson in Trinidadness (Soulman can be excused he is not trini), Jack has the upperr hand in all of this, whether you like it or not he owns football in TT. k
C..t has already shown he can not stay the course , already saying niceties to Jack. The public sees Jack as football in Trinidad and when they remember 2006 they will remember Jack begging GOTT for money and then now we have a "white collar " minister of sport playing political games with the people game.
Obviously if he was serious about bringing down the empire he would not worry about public perception and stick to his guns.
By the way your rudeness does not aggravate me in the least.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 11:09:59 AM »
I thought the awareness on SW.net MB was improving by leaps and bounds but like we real slippin' wit' some of the commentaries ah readin' here.

Rancid, Deeks, Midnightowl and Coas',... on de ball. No further comment.

Coops, in your usual gentlemanly way, yuh have me mez wit' dis "All I seeing is de foootball and nutten else " philosophy. C'mon man.

Fishs... Lord help us you. Are you Jackulito by chance? Well, I doh expec' you to say yes right now.

Minister Hunt, I don't know you, but if the ministerial post were held by any of us I would recommend a letter such as , "Dear Special Adviser, Mr Jack(ula) , would you please, if you have the time, just give us a li'l TTFF flow sheet nah, of income and expenditures for any of the last few years you have recorded, especially 2005, 2006, 2007 and even de latest yuh have for 2008, if possible, ah know it hard. Even if yuh doh want to be too official an' ting, leh we meet by Smokey an' Bunty, shit talk about it den nah, and wash it dong wit' a good case of Carib in yuh ruckuhtukungkung. Yuh could round  off de financial figures to the nearest thousan' dullahs and ting, y'undustan?"

"Anyhow,watch meh, we want to release some funds to the TTFF, not to you by the way, no offense eh, but we have to report to Parliament about where de flecking money went and why it should be spent on football and not other things. All kinda rumour-mongering kakaholes saying how yuh siphon orf de money and alll kinda lie. Imagine dat. We even have a padnah called "fishs" who could  testify that everybody lie about dat as he has quality evidence. We are sure the money should go to football but we have to convince others such as Manning as he eh interested really. The more the demand, the more we could release. Just for de record nah. Big up".

>:( . Steuppsss!!!
   Breds i am one person that understands how everyone on here feels about our Football,the reason why i take the stance i take on Football in T&T is because i was personally involved at all levels both playing and coaching for many years and feels may be some day like so many of us may want to fall back in,i try to keep informed and avoid taking sides,the thing with our Football is all you hear are the issues/problems but don't hear about answers or how to solve them,
   Nothing going on with our players and Coaches and Football is new to me,no government never stepped in, we had to handle our issues for ourselves,is either you want to play or don't play, military personnel had no choice,i was abused by the public when i did not have a good game,i got fired by Jack just like every other national team Coach,i used to attend TTFA  meetings etc etc i am not one who just talks about T&T Football,i was a part of it all my life.I can tell you what it feels like to play or Coach for T&T,what i can say in a nutshell is prey not to loose.
   If i took on the politics in T&T Football i would not have represented my country,the only way one can operate in our Football is to put the issues to rest because don't matter what the public/country wants results,we have to let the people who are not involved directly with the game deal with those things but as players and Coaches it will affect you.I don't like a lot of things going on with our Football but that does not mean i hate anybody,the best Football countries in the world have issues who are we?don't worry nothing last forever Jack and the whole TTFF administration will be gone some day,i hope i'm still around when that happens,it will be my closing chapter.     

if we was good, ah woulnah mind.....but we eh near de miggle. Look..right now I hoping Hunt continue to jam the TTFF President.....is to too 2 long dis chupidness going on and at some point in have to stop. Frigging football administrators dey donkey years and non of them have anything good to show for all dey 'hard' wuk. Even dem primary schools does do ah better job than dem tuh raise funds.....matter of fact dais is where de Minister should concerntrate rather dan dem setta leaches.  >:(

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »

clevon_raphael@hotmail.com

THE bad news minister

Before training his firing power on Warner, Hunt angered boxing fans with his inept handling of the Salandy world title fight.
Then there was the spat with a top karate official.
Some of his actions do not inspire confidence in his statements.
Does T&T stand a realistic chance of reaching the finals of the 2010 football World Cup in South Africa?

And is this Government on a path of deliberately keeping the country divided on the altar of political expediency?

As pedestrian or vacuous as these questions may sound, it is important that we examine, in a dispassionate manner, these possible scenarios before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

In this regard I am returning to the unseemly imbroglios Sports Minister Gary Hunt has neatly carved out for himself with certain sporting elements.

According to local parlance, he jus’ ups and buying fight with these groups, most notably the T&T Football Federation of which Fifa vice-president Jack Warner is the chief honcho.

Before training his firing power on Warner, whose contribution to football is undeniably the most envious in the region for any individual, this nice Mr Hunt angered boxing fans with his inept handling of the Giselle Salandy world title fight.

Despite concerted attempts by her handlers to have her train at  the state-of-the-art facilities paid for by taxpayers, Giselle made this country proud—again—without the full and timely support of this nice Mr Hunt’s ministry.

Then there was this spat with a top karate official who wanted to bring to these shores for another time, international experts to coach our young karatekas, among other things.

The venture was placed in jeopardy by this nice Mr Hunt’s reported refusal to honour an agreement made by his predecessor to assist in the financial sponsorship of the programme.

Too many sporting administrators have been forced to appear on radio talk shows berating the lack of support from this nice Mr Hunt or his ministry in their respective organisation’s plans and projects.

In this line-up is boxing promoter Buxo Potts, who, while criticising the minister, unashamedly boasts he still supports the ruling PNM.

If this nice Mr Hunt can treat one of his “own” (politically) that way, you can imagine what he had, or has, in store for Mr Warner, his political nemesis, and by extension the footballers of this nation.

Although he has repeatedly declared his and the Government’s good intentions for the local sporting world, some of his actions do not inspire confidence in his statements.

His latest salvo in the football arena has cast doubts on T&T hosting the under-17 women’s international football tournament here.

The above is by no means the sum of the misadventures this nice Mr Hunt has managed to chalk up in less than one year at the helm of the Sports Ministry.

Up to about three weeks ago, I was under the impression that he was a lone maverick looking for, and shooting at, imaginary enemies.

That was until the self-confessed second father of the nation, Prime Minister Patrick Manning, threw his lot in with that nice Mr Hunt. Referring to the row between his Sports Minister and Mr Warner, Manning told his captive female audience at the recent annual conference of his party’s women’s league:

“Hunt takes on the lion. The lion feel he got away this time. He didn’t get away you know.”

I was deeply disappointed, hurt really, and horrified to hear our Prime Minister utter such a statement against a man who, whether you like him or not, has done so much for football and footballers, regularly using his own funds.

Manning’s statement I found to be extremely inappropriate for any head of government, particularly in a non-election period.

I have always maintained that it is our right to support any political party during an election campaign, but after the fat lady has sung and the people have chosen a government, that’s it until the next five years.

Such divisive language from our Prime Minister is, to say the least, unbecoming of a nation’s leader, especially at this time when the country needs to come together if we are get rid of the several demons bewitching our beloved homeland.

The Prime Minister, instead of calling his nice Mr Hunt quietly aside and telling him to change his unnecessary confrontational course, eggs him on with such a silly and provocative statement.

In fact, if I were Mr Warner, I would feel quite uneasy with such words coming from the Prime Minister.

But unlike me, Mr Warner is made of sterner stuff and can handle Mr Manning and that nice Mr Hunt, who, if he continues on this destructive course, is destined to leave a legacy not worth remembering.

The thing about the minister’s inexplicable modus operandi is that I honestly believe he has the nation’s sporting development at heart.

So that when writing this I thought I was being a bit too harsh on the minister but after his conduct in the House of Representatives last Friday evening, I am now more than ever convinced that he is extremely bad news, not only for the sporting movement but ultimately the country.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2008, 08:32:03 AM »

THE bad news minister

Before training his firing power on Warner, Hunt angered boxing fans with his inept handling of the Salandy world title fight.
Does T&T stand a realistic chance of reaching the finals of the 2010 football World Cup in South Africa?

And is this Government on a path of deliberately keeping the country divided on the altar of political expediency?

As pedestrian or vacuous as these questions may sound, it is important that we examine, in a dispassionate manner, these possible scenarios before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

In this regard I am returning to the unseemly imbroglios Sports Minister Gary Hunt has neatly carved out for himself with certain sporting elements.

According to local parlance, he jus’ ups and buying fight with these groups, most notably the T&T Football Federation of which Fifa vice-president Jack Warner is the chief honcho.

Before training his firing power on Warner, whose contribution to football is undeniably the most envious in the region for any individual, this nice Mr Hunt angered boxing fans with his inept handling of the Giselle Salandy world title fight.

Despite concerted attempts by her handlers to have her train at  the state-of-the-art facilities paid for by taxpayers, Giselle made this country proud—again—without the full and timely support of this nice Mr Hunt’s ministry.

Then there was this spat with a top karate official who wanted to bring to these shores for another time, international experts to coach our young karatekas, among other things.

The venture was placed in jeopardy by this nice Mr Hunt’s reported refusal to honour an agreement made by his predecessor to assist in the financial sponsorship of the programme.

Too many sporting administrators have been forced to appear on radio talk shows berating the lack of support from this nice Mr Hunt or his ministry in their respective organisation’s plans and projects.

In this line-up is boxing promoter Buxo Potts, who, while criticising the minister, unashamedly boasts he still supports the ruling PNM.

If this nice Mr Hunt can treat one of his “own” (politically) that way, you can imagine what he had, or has, in store for Mr Warner, his political nemesis, and by extension the footballers of this nation.

Although he has repeatedly declared his and the Government’s good intentions for the local sporting world, some of his actions do not inspire confidence in his statements.

His latest salvo in the football arena has cast doubts on T&T hosting the under-17 women’s international football tournament here.

The above is by no means the sum of the misadventures this nice Mr Hunt has managed to chalk up in less than one year at the helm of the Sports Ministry.

Up to about three weeks ago, I was under the impression that he was a lone maverick looking for, and shooting at, imaginary enemies.

That was until the self-confessed second father of the nation, Prime Minister Patrick Manning, threw his lot in with that nice Mr Hunt. Referring to the row between his Sports Minister and Mr Warner, Manning told his captive female audience at the recent annual conference of his party’s women’s league:

“Hunt takes on the lion. The lion feel he got away this time. He didn’t get away you know.”

I was deeply disappointed, hurt really, and horrified to hear our Prime Minister utter such a statement against a man who, whether you like him or not, has done so much for football and footballers, regularly using his own funds.

Manning’s statement I found to be extremely inappropriate for any head of government, particularly in a non-election period.

I have always maintained that it is our right to support any political party during an election campaign, but after the fat lady has sung and the people have chosen a government, that’s it until the next five years.

Such divisive language from our Prime Minister is, to say the least, unbecoming of a nation’s leader, especially at this time when the country needs to come together if we are get rid of the several demons bewitching our beloved homeland.

The Prime Minister, instead of calling his nice Mr Hunt quietly aside and telling him to change his unnecessary confrontational course, eggs him on with such a silly and provocative statement.

In fact, if I were Mr Warner, I would feel quite uneasy with such words coming from the Prime Minister.

But unlike me, Mr Warner is made of sterner stuff and can handle Mr Manning and that nice Mr Hunt, who, if he continues on this destructive course, is destined to leave a legacy not worth remembering.

The thing about the minister’s inexplicable modus operandi is that I honestly believe he has the nation’s sporting development at heart.

So that when writing this I thought I was being a bit too harsh on the minister but after his conduct in the House of Representatives last Friday evening, I am now more than ever convinced that he is extremely bad news, not only for the sporting movement but ultimately the country.

Trinidadian mentality. This person write a pack of arse. So all sports administrator come with cap in hand and the government must fill it. When it don't happen the government is the worst. Alyuh not easy nah. These sporting bodies need to learn to become self sufficient.

Behavior like this is why you cannot get a passport, mail not running regularly, can't get a police when you need one and when you go to a government office no service. Grow up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Govt offers to assist Warriohest country in the world too longrs.
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »

THE bad news minister

Trinidadian mentality. This person write a pack of arse. So all sports administrator come with cap in hand and the government must fill it. When it don't happen the government is the worst. Alyuh not easy nah. These sporting bodies need to learn to become self sufficient.

Behavior like this is why you cannot get a passport, mail not running regularly, can't get a police when you need one and when you go to a government office no service. Grow up.

You living in the richest country in the wotld too long.
There is no sport inTT that self sufficient . The government have an obligation to provide funds for sport develepment. Your post is just utter nonsense and you should be ashamed to criticise anybody who is truly Trinidadian.
You must have a fresh water mentality that is superior.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »

Nonsense.

More shit talk!

Assrancid, when was the last time you were enslaved, and what's her name?  ;D :beermug:

there are all kinds of slavery.

Ask Bob what he meant about mental slavery.

1]; } ?>