April 22, 2024, 07:49:14 PM

Author Topic: Coleman admits little interest in Coventry City players (including Birchall)  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Chris Coleman admits little interest in Coventry City players

Jun 27 2008 By Andy Turner

CHRIS COLEMAN admits Coventry City have had very little interest from other clubs in any of his over-sized squad.

The Sky Blues' boss is looking to trim his current crop of players to a maximum of 24 ahead of the new 2008/09 Championship season.

Twelve of last season's personnel have already gone through natural wastage, either because their contracts are up or they have ended their loan spells - but a number of players deemed surplus to requirements remain on the books.

Those appear to include the likes of Kevin Kyle, Chris Birchall and Dimi Konstantopoulos, to name just three, but the City manager revealed: "It has been quiet as far as interest in any of our players is concerned.

"We have had one or two phone calls but no one has come in with anything definite, rather just testing the water.

"I would imagine there will be one or two more leaving because I hope there will be one or two more arriving. I don't want a squad of 30-odd players with 10 or 12 players never getting a look in because it is a waste of time.

"Even though they were signed by the last manager, everyone has got different tastes and they are better off moving on for their career, so it suits them and us.I want a squad of 23 or 24 but with good quality."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
stueps is best he play in mls or pro league the way how maturana going
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Coleman and Maturana mustbe have the same footballing philosophy?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Spoony

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Coleman small man big problem! Birchall been on bench due to injury not cos not picked. he now match fit and ready.Have some loyalty man to T&T world cup squad,! ???

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Why Birchall eh get a Pro league contract? Jabloteh might suit him.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Release him then so he could find a club somewhere in d UK 2 play
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>