March 28, 2024, 07:44:00 PM

Author Topic: Euro 2008: Spain v. Russia  (Read 7938 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2008: Spain v. Russia
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2008, 10:40:30 AM »
indeed ... :)

the time soon reach again for the anti-Argentina massive to rise up and take their stance again ... when saying so ...  anybody ever hear about Hector Baley?

I've never seen his name mentioned in the discussions about Argentina football and race ...

Yuh know me and dem Spaniards from South America arready...leh we call dem as dey see deyself.

...but nah, vaguely remember de name... he was ah reserve fuh dem one time, no?  Cyah remember what position doh...  Wha'z he story?

Many know the name Ricardo Lavolpe b/c of his roles in Mexico. Some know Lavolpe was ARG's third-string keeper. Many know Fillol was the starting choice, but Baley was the second choice keeper and occasional starter on the national team ...

Well by now you and others may have investigated him a lil further ... I mention him because of his race ... clearly a man of African descent ... never seen his name mentioned and there's been a lot of discussion on the forum on blacks in Argentina etc ... he's sort of off the radar but I've seen him interviewed ... seems like an understated fella.

He featured in some prominent matches ... for instance played versus England (pre-Falklands) ... in a squad with Tarantini, Luque, Ardiles, Bertoni, Passarella coached x Menotti ... against an England with Clemence in goal, and Wilkins, Keegan, Neal and Stuart Pearson coached x Revie.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
indeed ... :)

the time soon reach again for the anti-Argentina massive to rise up and take their stance again ... when saying so ...  anybody ever hear about Hector Baley?

I've never seen his name mentioned in the discussions about Argentina football and race ...

Yuh know me and dem Spaniards from South America arready...leh we call dem as dey see deyself.

...but nah, vaguely remember de name... he was ah reserve fuh dem one time, no?  Cyah remember what position doh...  Wha'z he story?

Many know the name Ricardo Lavolpe b/c of his roles in Mexico. Some know Lavolpe was ARG's third-string keeper. Many know Fillol was the starting choice, but Baley was the second choice keeper and occasional starter on the national team ...

Well by now you and others may have investigated him a lil further ... I mention him because of his race ... clearly a man of African descent ... never seen his name mentioned and there's been a lot of discussion on the forum on blacks in Argentina etc ... he's sort of off the radar but I've seen him interviewed ... seems like an understated fella.

He featured in some prominent matches ... for instance played versus England (pre-Falklands) ... in a squad with Tarantini, Luque, Ardiles, Bertoni, Passarella coached x Menotti ... against an England with Clemence in goal, and Wilkins, Keegan, Neal and Stuart Pearson coached x Revie.

Yeah ah went and peeped him afterwards and only saw that his nickname was "chocolate" because of his skin color... a seemingly clear allusion I would think to a mixed-race background.  From what i understand of the Afro-Argentinian experience there was quite a bit of forced assimilation, suppression of the African presence in Argentinian society...so even if you looked "black" you were taught to deny your blackness.  That could account for the lack of any direct reference to his ethnic make up.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2008, 02:35:07 PM »
germany in trouble.......as i said in de beginning spain taking de whole ting  :beermug:

Blessings.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>