April 26, 2024, 03:47:38 AM

Author Topic: Who are the all time best goal scoring headers of the ball in TT football?  (Read 9833 times)

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
Alyuh forgetting Godfrey Harris or wha.   ???
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
yorke;s best header

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMkHWMiWxk4

:rotfl:

morvant, yuh not easy boy.

and either way.. thats one sweet header by julius.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jeff Gillineau was the best header I saw – no one was close to him.  I have to agree with Coop’s regarding Ron LaForest.  I played against and with him on numerous occasions, and I cannot recall him being noted as a dangerous header.  Alvin Henderson and Luciano Woodley were also good in the air.

Trevor

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
I would pick Warren A. When I think of concacaf headers, his name often comes to my mind alongside other players like Hugo Sanchez and Jared Borgetti. Ironically, neither one of those guys is particularly tall.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John and Dwight Yorke.  Marvin Andrews is a monster header too, but as a defender he scored less than Stern and Yorke.
Totally agree, but I would add cornel glen and kenwyne Jones to that list.
Dwight Yorke
Stern John
Marvin Andrews
Cornel Glen
Kenwyne Jones

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Need I say anything else

Yeah WestCoast, Dennis Lawrece header is the most important goal in the history of Trinidad and Tobago football. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
From Lincoln Phillips

I would like to cast my vote for Jeff Gellineau and Ronnie Gray as the two best headers of the ball in T&T football. I played with Jeff on the national teams and was privileged to have seen Ronnie Gray in his prime playing with South Football Association and T&T national team. I chose these two players because they scored most of their goals with their heads while the other players, mentioned on the site, score several goals with their feet as well as with their heads.

Jeff Gellineau (Height and Power Header)

Jeff was a climber and power header. He possessed tremendous leaping power, out-jumping many of our best defenders....as a youth playing for St. Mary's College. In addition to his superior leaping ability, his head shots on goal were like rockets coming off the foot of an attacker.

Ronnie Gray (Most Spectacular Header)

Ronnie's header goals were the most spectacular feats I have ever seen in my career as a player and coach. On crossballs, he would arrive from nowhere, diving full length, sometimes taking the ball literally off the feet of defenders to score. His header goals have never been duplicated in T&T football. The closest to Ronnie was Shay Seymour from Colts Football club.

LP.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Yuh done know...YORKE #19.  ;) Bye Bye!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Andrew....i could be wrong

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
From Lincoln Phillips

I would like to cast my vote for Jeff Gellineau and Ronnie Gray as the two best headers of the ball in T&T football. I played with Jeff on the national teams and was privileged to have seen Ronnie Gray in his prime playing with South Football Association and T&T national team. I chose these two players because they scored most of their goals with their heads while the other players, mentioned on the site, score several goals with their feet as well as with their heads.

Jeff Gellineau (Height and Power Header)

Jeff was a climber and power header. He possessed tremendous leaping power, out-jumping many of our best defenders....as a youth playing for St. Mary's College. In addition to his superior leaping ability, his head shots on goal were like rockets coming off the foot of an attacker.

Ronnie Gray (Most Spectacular Header)

Ronnie's header goals were the most spectacular feats I have ever seen in my career as a player and coach. On crossballs, he would arrive from nowhere, diving full length, sometimes taking the ball literally off the feet of defenders to score. His header goals have never been duplicated in T&T football. The closest to Ronnie was Shay Seymour from Colts Football club.

LP.

These 2 players were amazing headers of the ball!! I consider myself fortunate to have seen them both in action. LP's discourse describes them most accurately.

1]; } ?>