April 19, 2024, 12:58:40 AM

Author Topic: SOS For T&T World Cup Stars!  (Read 9825 times)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SOS For T&T World Cup Stars!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »
Looks good......but my heart will only rejoice when ah see dem fellas on d field.

My sentiments exactly. Great news, but i doh want to get too excited as yet, just cuz is Jack we dealing with. But i real glad the pro league coaches came out and said their piece, and put pressure on the administration. They show some real cojones, well done  :applause:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »
Sigh.....Thank you Lord. Best news in a very long time re: T&T football. Gosh man, just think how close to elimination we had to come for them to realise that something had to be done. Only in T&T football.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:48:38 AM by Jayerson »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 07:45:46 AM »
finally some good news..

just yesterday i meet this chick from kenya in de bar watching the spain game and we start to talk football..

she tell me kenya used to have a good side back in the 80s but after they make the world cup, corruption and politics set in and the team was never the same since then.. i get bummy one time thinking bout that one..

i feel the ones causing the tension in the squad is either ince or edwards based on the cues picked up about their attitudes in the last few games.. but also, the untenable situation with that team right now does lend itself to frustration and incohesiveness..

Another good point is that SANCHO NEEDS TO GET FIT! Of all the blacklisted ones with a serious claim to be included, in my books he is at the bottom of the ladder.. I like the suggestion of him taking up a loan stint with a pro league side to prove his worth.

but good to hear the pro league coaches stepping up and putting pressure on them to right the ship..

also think its obvious that the discourse on this board does count for something in the battle.. just look at the title of the article!

so keep it up fellas.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:47:32 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 08:01:57 AM »
I believe that the players should use that invitation to play for TnT that on de site to start like new. I don't want de JWFF saying they had de information to apply out there and de players did not apply therefore de eh intrested.

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:07 AM »
No disrepsect to the local based. but when man come from foreign playing at a higher standard and they meet young guys that are still at an embryonic level, relatively speaking, these things will happen.  Maturana needs to realize that there needs to be a mix that gives some of our experienced foreign players a bigger role.  Any dressing room with man like Birchall is beneficial.  We need that kind of steel in the middle.  We don't have much time for development here.  The blooding was supposed to be done when Whim was in charge, but he was whining.  Now we just need to assemble the best.  Plain talk.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:26 AM »
good news in the short term... a lil distraction on jack part - lewwe say pacho lose the 1st game of the nex rounds (at most dey go bring back 1 blacklist player) - fire pacho, get new coach, jack is hero again...real boo for hunt.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2008, 08:23:13 AM »
SOS for T&T World Cup stars.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express)
[/color]

He singled out one of the more senior Warriors for creating a difficult atmosphere for the younger players to work in. For the most part, the Pro League coaches argued that the T&TFF still lacked a proper structure to identify and develop players at youth level.

Well what the f**k you expect... Cuz they know there is at least 10 other players who are better that can make that shit side...

f**k you Maturana...f**k you Corneal(s).... Get out

My 18 for Cuba:

K.Jack(if fit)
Ince

Cyd Gray
D.Lawrence
B.Sancho
J.James
A.John
N.Daniel

Carlos Edwards
A.Whitley
K.Hyland
D.Theobald
C.Birchall
K.Daniel

S.John
J.Scotland
D.Roberts
C.Samuel(can play Wing as well)

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 08:32:19 AM »
You ar sure you want to include Samuel over Glen?

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 08:36:27 AM »
[/color]

He singled out one of the more senior Warriors for creating a difficult atmosphere for the younger players to work in. For the most part, the Pro League coaches argued that the T&TFF still lacked a proper structure to identify and develop players at youth level.

Well what the f**k you expect... Cuz they know there is at least 10 other players who are better that can make that shit side...

My 18 for Cuba:

K.Jack(if fit)
Ince

Cyd Gray
D.Lawrence
B.Sancho
J.James
A.John
N.Daniel

Carlos Edwards
A.Whitley
K.Hyland
D.Theobald
C.Birchall
K.Daniel

S.John
J.Scotland
D.Roberts

Add cornell glen to that list.........

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How do you bring down an empire ?
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 08:42:13 AM »

As Hannibal Najjar rightly says, the man pays all the salaries, he owns all the buildings, he is CFU president, CONCACAF president and FIFA Vice president.
He has been this for some time, so I'm sure the TTFF books will show them owing this man unimaginable millions.
He can make or break footballers, anybody who wants to work in "officail" football must pay homage to the emperor.
He cares not about the fans, they mean nothing to him , most do not comprise his political constituency .
His alleged fraud is treated by FIFA as aberrations.
Even opposing politicians in power succumb to his relentless postering.
Fans have tried protests, letters, visual aids etc. A journalist has written widely on him exposing many truths and many more suspicious wheelings and dealings, one man owned TV rights and was disrgaeded only to see the special emperor buy same for 1$ and multiply that a million fold.
A heroic team has been emasculated for a query, team mates have deserted each other as a result, a bunch of part timers in sea side shorts beat the once mighty warriors of the caribbean.
On and On the travesty goes .
The question is what , who and when will the clothes change ?
Clearly the man owns our beautifull game and when he rides out into a deserved dark night don't be surprised if the empire becomes a dynasty.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: How do you bring down an empire ?
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »
Reminds me of the Shah of Iran, The Duvaliers, The Marcos'  where are they now?

Where there is a will there is a way.  Maybe the demise will not be a coup as we all imagine, maybe like the Roman Empire of old, the Dynasty will self destruct...implode even!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
A step in the right direction.  Hopefully, some action will take place.  Keep up de pressure!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »
boy ah see this real late. Good show... I see some people hating on Ince but it seems Ince mighta get drop for saying de same things that these Pro league coaches echoing. If dat is called underming the Team then we have also undermined the team and so have de PFL coaches. Pacho talking about cohesiveness and upset Yorke come to play. Yorke looked better than most with he old ass in de Hengland game. It hard to disqualify dat kinda player. Bring back we Birchall... bring back we Sancho.. and for dam sure bring back we Ince.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »
Me eh really 2 excited because as was pointed out dat d meetin tok place nuff days ago and only 1 media man cover d story. D media man in question thou freelance could have been asked 2 interview d clown name Alvin.

I agree wit palos havin Alvin as a fadder must b real hard on Anton dat bein said doh get invited 2 ah interview and tell he so he go turn up. Get some balls yes he is yuh pooper but cut d navel strings and become yuh own man. What he go do doh invite yuh 4 Xmas dinner steupsssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 09:25:55 AM »
IMO Anton gets a bad rap purely because he is Alvin's son.
Too bad because I sincerely believe he has T&T's best footballing interests at heart AND he has also done the work by doing the courses, putting in the time and being a student of the game.

Yes, is more dan likely dat he has gotten opportunities because of who his father is but again, daz not exactly his fault. Is not like he not qualified with regards to certification etc. He does lack experience but other coaches talking to him have mostly very positive feedback about the guy.

Imagine what it must be like to be Anton Corneal and yuh faddah is Alvin. It easy fuh we here on de board to say "jes tell yuh faddah yuh doh want no interference from he" but maybe in more ways than one, Anton might idolise he dad, jes like many a we think de world of we own.

I eh tryin to make excuses fuh de fella....jes appreciatin dat his situation is not an easy one and when he say he not a decision maker but jes obeyin orders....I believe him.

I doh tink de son IN DIS CASE should be punished fuh de sins of de faddah, but Anton also have to deal wit de reality dat as long as dat professional association is there (fuhget father and son), it have consequences for that.

Palos check Weary post below. I can't see how he have T&T best interest at heart and he makiing statements like that

Corneal was on tv 6 and when asked if d team should b beefed up he ask if d players go come from mars. I eh know what 2 say bout he again d man say he did not know dat Forbes and Roberts had all all dat in dem. He thanks Maturana because he has been all ovah d pro league and d US and find d present crap ah players

What Forbes do that he was so spectacular? A blind could see that Roberts was a must for inclusion on the team.

No disrepsect to the local based. but when man come from foreign playing at a higher standard and they meet young guys that are still at an embryonic level, relatively speaking, these things will happen. Maturana needs to realize that there needs to be a mix that gives some of our experienced foreign players a bigger role. Any dressing room with man like Birchall is beneficial. We need that kind of steel in the middle. We don't have much time for development here. The blooding was supposed to be done when Whim was in charge, but he was whining. Now we just need to assemble the best. Plain talk.

That's what I saying Tenor, even in college when men come in for preseason and the coach recruit shyte players the men who better does let it be known. Nobody passing the ball to the crappy players. Coach have to bench he.
When I watch how some of them men does pass the ball it does hut me, the rolling like it flat and taking forever to get way it going. I always say look at the difference in when Stern, Carlos, Yorke pass the ball. The pass does make yuh move,you have to take action, you can't just stand there and receive it, cause you will lose it. The ball does skate into you, make you play.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: WOW!!! SOS For T&T World Cup Stars!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »
Maturana... suggested that the cohesion within his squad was breached with the introduction of the country's foreign-based stars
The squad was cohesive before?

HA HAHAH Maturana have to go, despite the events of the first game, it is the foreign stars that saved the day Sunday. The collective experience of the blacklisted men will come to bear once they are brought back into the fold. We must also play every game as if it is the last qualifying match

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »
Palos check Weary post below. I can't see how he have T&T best interest at heart and he makiing statements like that

Corneal was on tv 6 and when asked if d team should b beefed up he ask if d players go come from mars. I eh know what 2 say bout he again d man say he did not know dat Forbes and Roberts had all all dat in dem. He thanks Maturana because he has been all ovah d pro league and d US and find d present crap ah players

What Forbes do that he was so spectacular? A blind could see that Roberts was a must for inclusion on the team.

I read dat as ALVIN was on TV6 and make dah comment.  I would be surprised if was Anton who did say dat.  If he did, he deserve de licks he gettin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 10:07:34 AM »
[/color]

My 18 for Cuba:

K.Jack(if fit)
Ince

Cyd Gray
D.Lawrence
B.Sancho
J.James
A.John
N.Daniel

Carlos Edwards
A.Whitley
K.Hyland
D.Theobald
C.Birchall
K.Daniel

S.John
J.Scotland
D.Roberts

Why all yuh us is always leave out the dog with  the big bite CORNELL GLEN
Cornell will always make my team whether starting or coming off the bench as a super sub he is the dagger we need up front

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 10:53:25 AM »
I like all the progress that is being made with getting all the so called blacklisted players to represent the country again but it seems we already forgetting there are issues still not settled with these players which will come to the forefront once things not going well,what sort of conditions these players are playing under,i guess to play they will have to accept what the TTFF/JW has to offer,what sort of agreements do they have with the TTFF/JW,are they being represented by PFATT,are they signing contracts before each game,are the foreign/local based getting the same salary,are the former WC players happy playing without being paid their money agreed too by the arbitration? etc etc

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »
Is Alvin d chimp Anton eh go b so silly he have he fadder DNA is true but he mudder own save he from sayin such nonesense
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »
[/color]

My 18 for Cuba:

K.Jack(if fit)
Ince

Cyd Gray
D.Lawrence
B.Sancho
J.James
A.John
N.Daniel

Carlos Edwards
A.Whitley
K.Hyland
D.Theobald
C.Birchall
K.Daniel

S.John
J.Scotland
D.Roberts

Why all yuh us is always leave out the dog with  the big bite CORNELL GLEN
Cornell will always make my team whether starting or coming off the bench as a super sub he is the dagger we need up front

It was tough.. but I only picking Glen unless he willing to run either Wing should he have to...  Sammy would gladly play on each Wing...

Imagine I could pick a side better than Maturana and Corneal.. and dem getting paid for picking Smith Cupid Farrier Makan Forbes Gay and the list goes on..

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »
Cautiously optimistic.

I think jack realised that T&T has no chance whatsoever with this current team, it's in his interest to bring back our better players if he wants to have more blood to suck out of T&T in the WCQ campaign... otherwise it'll be a quick death.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »
I was gonna put this in a new thread but decided to post it here.

What if we pick we best side and then we lose? What then? How would that look in terms of us complaining about the locals and the coaching staff?
Alvin and Anton and allan will say "see, what have we been saying."

Now I don't care as long as we look like we have played the game before, the best players available on the field and not learning as we go.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
Well the sooner we get them back into training the better, Guatemala and CUBA ain't no walk over team either so we have to bring it from the word go. Let us go into the US  game with max result in our favor

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »
Elan,

It is better to lose knowing that you had your best player available...rather than losing and wondering what if??

It is always better to know exactly where you stand in the scheme of things rather than be caught guessing....this is compounded if the game is close and you narrowly lose to a far superior team or lose to a shit side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 12:24:08 PM »
Jack Warner and Mugabe cut form the same clot.  They start off as heroes and liberators then become the hated, brutish, Hitler-like, Stalinist, monsters.  Get out, Jack, before you end up naked and in obscurity, vilified by the same TTFF lapdogs and FIFA officials who today supporting you vengeful agenda.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
Cohisiveness breach wit d introduction of d foreign base dat is oui coach talkin dat niceness. Now we all now dat Ince eh no team man just check KJ interview.

Actually we dont know dat lol...We can assume dat for now..but we all dont know jack shit about who causing what 4sure..but maybe if I  like bacchanal talk then I will start assuming that the too..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
4 Ince 2 testify 4 Berry he eh nooooooooo team man. As whether is he who d dentist talk bout breakin d cohesion it is a good guess

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2008, 05:33:39 PM »
Dwight york has expressed interest in returning to the team, news just in on cnc3
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 05:35:28 PM »
Ah sure is either  Stern or Lawrence they referring to.  Especially with Stern sitting for Jerold Forbes in Bermuda? You have to be kidding.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>