April 26, 2024, 05:36:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (22-June-2008).  (Read 82986 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda may appeal.
« Reply #660 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:37 PM »
The fact that we let them come so close to beating us should be considered illegal too.....so call it even, and let's move on.  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #661 on: June 24, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
Although I dont think that their appeal has any chnace of being successful, if FIFA finds in their favour then let us replay them.  

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 24, 2008, 04:19:04 PM »
The fact that we let them come so close to beating us should be considered illegal too.....so call it even, and let's move on.  ;D

LMFAO
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 24, 2008, 04:21:49 PM »
Let them hull they rass, they should be thankful we was so nice to them. See what happen when you teach ah man to fish.
Anyway, who they go complain to? That's like my father sending me to beat you cause you hit me and I eh hit you back. So now you coming to complain to my father, what you think my father will say?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bermuda Forumites (TV) ??
« Reply #664 on: June 24, 2008, 08:54:43 PM »
Sunday's game is being shown on local tv in Bermuda tomm....can anyone tape it??
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:00:02 PM by Flex »
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda Forumites???
« Reply #665 on: June 24, 2008, 08:57:23 PM »
Its being shown Thursday I thought
http://www.bermudafa.com/home/258250.html

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda Forumites???
« Reply #666 on: June 24, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »
oh hoh...well my pal in bermuda just tell me tomm...

i dunno...but we need ah copy either way
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (22-June-2008).
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »
Yellow card that had everyone seeing red - Royal Grazette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Josh Ball

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The yellow card that wasn't: Referee Carlos Batres books Trinidad's Autris Whitley (9) and Bermuda's Damon Ming, in the second half of the game on Sunday. It was believed that this was Whitley's second card of the match but video evidence proves otherwise. 
Photo Akil Simmons 

Video evidence appears to have wrecked any chance that Bermuda might of had of getting the game against Trinidad and Tobago replayed.

The tape of the game has shown that contrary to popular belief Aurtis Whitley, the Trinidad captain, was not booked twice, with Makan Hislop, the defender, recieving a yellow card that was originally believed to have been shown to Whitley.

That was the only real grounds that the Bermuda Football Association would have had for an appeal with FIFA. Now any appeal would now have to be based upon the dispute surrounding Trinidad's second goal, and given the confusion surrounding that version of events, it is unlikely that, that appeal would be successful.

While the footage shows that Kwame Steede, who was in the process of being substituted for Jemeiko Jennings at the time of the goal, had not yet left the pitch, the referee does not appear to have authorised the substitution.

If he had done so, under the laws of the game, he would have to stop play until that substitution had taken place. However, there are no grounds for appeal if it was a mistake by the fourth official, as it now appears to have been.

Whatever route the BFA choose to take, they are running out of time if they wish to try and appeal. The statute of limitations on an appeal to FIFA is normally set at 72 hours, a deadline which would be reached tonight.

And an insider in the BFA is suggesting that instead of appealing, the association will simply lodge a protest, a course of action that would register anger, but not necessarily result in any meaningful action.

Even Kenny Thompson, the national team coach, is in the dark about what the BFA plan to do. "I'm not absolutely sure where the process is at the moment," he said. "Somone has told me that he (Whitley) wasn't booked twice, so I don't know. That's all I want to say about it."

For Thompson though the second goal, and the dispute surrounding it, is where the real issue lies. And 48 hours after game, the manner of his team's defeat still hurts.

"It's difficult, you don't ever get over a defeat, you accept it, but can't sat that you get over it," he said.

"Especially when you look at the situation, we were in a great position, and in the end the main difference was the goal that they scored when we were making a change.

"It makes it more difficult to swallow in those circumstances, it is difficult to get over, and it will be something that will stick in our minds for the rest of our lives. But it is important that we move on, it won't stop us in our quest to improve, and will actually motivate us to do better in the future.

"For me the main issue is the goal. It was a situation that was mismanaged and that is the contentious part for me. It had a direct impact on the outcome, and the mismanagement of the subsitution is the most important thing.

"With a double booking, there is no guarantee that you would go on and win against 10 men, but the substitution led to the goal, and that is a whole different ball game."

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Press release from Bermuda FA... No protest action.
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »
Press release from Bermuda FA... No protest action.
FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa
Bermuda v Trinidad & Tobago - 2nd Leg Qualifying Match

The Bermuda Football Association wishes to thank all of Bermuda for the tremendous show of support given to our national team during their 2nd leg World Cup Qualifying Match versus Trinidad & Tobago on Sunday, June 22nd, 2008. 

Whilst we are proud of our team during the 2-match series against Trinidad's Soca Warriors, we are disappointed with the performance of the Match Officials during the 2nd leg match played in Bermuda.  However, it is the responsibility of the Bermuda FA to assess and respond to certain accusations that have arisen as a result of the match.

The BFA has received DVD recordings of the match played on Sunday, June 22nd, which have been reviewed by the following persons:
Members of the Technical Committee, Members of the BFA Executive Committee, Technical Director, National Senior Team Coaching Staff, President and General Secretary.

After reviewing the DVD evidence we have concluded the following:

Two Yellow Cards:

The BFA can categorically deny that Trinidadian Player #9 received two yellow cards during the match.  Trinidad & Tobago had received two yellow cards during the match, which were given to players #4 and #9 in the 42th minute and 59th minute respectively.  Therefore, this is no longer an issue.

Substitution of Bermuda Player:

The DVD recording shows that the Referee stopped the match to award a free kick to Trinidad & Tobago.  At the same time, the 4th Official is seen conducting the substitution between Bermuda players Kwame Steede and Jemeiko Jennings.  Whilst this sequence of events is a contentious issue, the Bermuda FA has determined that there are no grounds to protest the outcome of the match.

The issue of there being 12 players on the field is of no relevance as it relates to the process of making substitutions.  The DVD shows Kwame Steede running off the field of play without hesitation and that Jemeiko Jennings enters the field of play as a natural course of action.  There is no intent by the Bermuda players or team officials to circumvent the rules by intentionally placing 12 players on the field of play.  In other words, the actions of both players would occur in the natural / normal process of making a substitution. 

Next, according to the Laws of the Game under Additional Instructions and Guidelines for Referees with specific reference to Substitution Procedure, we have determined that there was a lack of cooperation between the Referee and the 4th Official in the substitution process.  However, with that being said we acknowledge that two components in the substitution process must take place:

The Assistant Referee must signal to the Referee that a substitution has been requested;
The player being substituted receives the Referee's permission to leave the field of play, unless he is already off the field of play for reasons that comply with the Laws of the Game.

The DVD evidence shows that:

•    It is not clear whether or not the Referee acknowledged the substitution and therefore doesn't gesture to Kwame to leave the field of play;
•    The Referee appears unaware that Jemeiko Jennings has entered the field of play and therefore has not given him permission to do so;
•    The Referee indicates to the Trinidadian player in the normal run of play to proceed with the free kick.

Basis for Decision not to Protest

The actions above which played a role in the outcome of the match are disappointing. We have determined that the performance of the 4th Official was below acceptable standards for a World Cup match as it relates to the substitution procedures but we do not see any grounds for protesting the outcome of the match. 

However, we have decided to send a formal complaint to FIFA regarding the performance of the Referee, Assistant Referee and 4th Official with respect to this matter.  In our complaint submission we have also asked for FIFA to indicate what action will be taken regarding this matter.

Conclusion:

Referee Carlos Bates and 4th Official Elmar Hernandez are two of the most experienced Match Officials in CONCACAF and FIFA.  For a match of much significance to both countries, their performance was very disappointing.  The most we expect is for the match officials to perform the basic duties of substituting players in a competent manner.  The cooperation between Referee, Assistant Referee and 4th Official is one of the most important aspects of refereeing at this level.  For these experience officials to get this wrong at such a crucial stage in the match is unacceptable.

Closing Remarks

The Bermuda FA and our fans who were at the game and those who were listening to the live radio broadcast are very disappointed in the outcome of the match.  It is difficult to accept what happen.  Our team deserved better but we accept that the referee ultimately has the decision to allow the substitution.

Again, we wish to state how proud we are of our team.  They have come a long way over the last few months.  We want to also thank the people of Bermuda for their support of the team, the Bermuda Government for their financial and moral support, Bank of Bermuda, Cable and Wireless, John Barritt and Son, Attride-Stirling Woloniecki, our game day sponsors who contributed to the successful staging of the match, the Bermuda Regiment and the Bermuda Gombey Troups for their performances before, during and after the match. (June 25, 2008)

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Press release from Bermuda FA... No protest action.
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
Salt for them lol

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
Non-issues.  Time to move on.  Otherwise we could mention the referees action on June 15th.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
and people does say that JW doh do good for TnT. Look how he dig deep in he fobbs and pass ah shilling or 2 to keep them quiet.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »
and people does say that JW doh do good for TnT. Look how he dig deep in he fobbs and pass ah shilling or 2 to keep them quiet.
something he does Best...that man knows ALL uses for bread :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »
stuueesps... can we move on to bigger things

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »
now compare the proper diction in this press release to the anansi story type releases published by the TTFF.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:14:39 PM by omarldinho »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »

Fellas, how is this useful?

M/J I find dahiz irresponsible chatter b/c all it does is taint the process and our cause.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 25, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
now compare the proper diction in this press release to the anansi story type releases published by the TTFF.

Well, point taken ... but in all fairness, there was this in the Closing Remarks section:

The Bermuda FA and our fans who were at the game and those who were listening to the live radio broadcast are very disappointed in the outcome of the match.  It is difficult to accept what happen.  Our team deserved better but we accept that the referee ultimately has the decision to allow the substitution.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 25, 2008, 03:20:30 PM »

Well, point taken ... but in all fairness, there was this in the Closing Remarks section:

could be a typo by the press...

but at the same time, i was more referring to how professionally done it was..

as compared to, "Mr. Hunt has joined the likes of Jay Leno, David Letterman and Sprangalang" and what not..

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »

M/J I find dahiz irresponsible chatter b/c all it does is taint the process and our cause.
Hear nuh Seeker, If we were dealing with a man whose respect for his fellow man shown like a beacon in the night I would be the first to apologise and delete my post, but YOU KNOW that Jackula does not work so........his Total disregard for footballers in TnT reeks.

Ah Lie?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Omar, I ilike how you state that. I was wondering how posters did not comment on the professional press release by the BFA. They set out to explain each point of contention and their reason for not taking action on each point. This is a very good way in educating the public and having a good rapport with their fans. The tone of the release was in a explanatory, guiding manner, not a "I am telling you how it is kinda way."

The TTFF should take note.  
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

Hear nuh Seeker, If we were dealing with a man whose respect for his fellow man shown like a beacon in the night I would be the first to apologise and delete my post, but YOU KNOW that Jackula does not work so........his Total disregard for footballers in TnT reeks.

Ah Lie?

Well yeah! I understand the Jackula function as well as any other poster ... no doubt. However, what I'm suggesting is I would rather separate whatever went down in that game/post-game from Jack Warner ... because it creates an impression that I don't believe is merited based purely on the game ... or one that is helpful to the image of our football - Warner's deeds or misdeeds of record notwithstanding.

I think we should be careful to preserve a line that sinks the targeted ship and not the fleet.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
Ah Lie?
Well yeah! I understand the Jackula function as well as any other poster ... no doubt. However, what I'm suggesting is I would rather separate whatever went down in that game/post-game from Jack Warner ... because it creates an impression that I don't believe is merited based purely on the game ... or one that is helpful to the image of our football - Warner's deeds or misdeeds of record notwithstanding.
I think we should be careful to preserve a line that sinks the targeted ship and not the fleet.
By Mr Warners actions, he has shown the world that he will stoop to ANY low to preserve his control on CONCACAF and secondly, his total disregard for the Football Fans in TnT ,when he takes home games away to forren soil and the myriad of other things that he has done in the past, shows that his insatiable appetite to make money on the backs of TnT Footballers is unfailing.
so what I am really saying is that we as onlookers could use a bit of imagination and surmise that YES, he of all people would be be capable of such a dastardly deed. ;D indeed.

having said that, maybe he did not indeed influence anything.....which, when viewed without my JWFF glasses, is the probable situation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:45:06 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »
well channel four jus showed some highlights of the game.
Something I noticed though. When stern scored it seemed that only the foreign based players were celebrating with him. Hope i am wrong and iz just that the clip cut before the others reached to celebrate.
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »
NY what game u talkin bout because dat happen at MLS. I done tell all yuh bout d fractions in dat team ah ready
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
As well, ah jes ketch a piece on another thread attributing (in kicks) the two yellow card/webmaster scenario to Jack ... :) ... so i suppose if ah can recognise that for what it was intended ... ah can recognise this for what it's worth ...

Allyuh go on man ... take no prisoners ... :P

Doh study me ... ah figet where ah was ... :)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2008, 05:29:46 PM »
i talkin bout the bermuda leg...it really looked like noone went to celebrate with stern
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
Thanks NY who say lightnin doh strike twice twice dey eh celebrate wit Stern
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Gus Logie/ Autis Whitley interview before second clash with Bermuda 2008
« Reply #687 on: June 09, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
First time I see Gus talk on TV. Back in the 80s I thought the man was camera shy.
Acutally he was quite articulate in this interview. Mentioned he played football back in the day, anybody have info on that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZRDU826lZs

Mods if this was posted b4, apologies.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>