April 29, 2024, 09:02:29 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (22-June-2008).  (Read 83382 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (22-June-2008).
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2008, 09:39:52 AM »
I don't know if what was told to me was correct,but i travelled on the same flight with the Bermuda national team last Monday on my way back to the US,they did not seem upbeat or excited at beating T&T,they were not even talking about the game.

Any how i sat next to one Antonio Lowe and was able to ask a few questions,what i gathered was he goes to college in the US,outside of himself all their players play locally in the leagues at home,they don't have a Pro league,but before this game they spent a month in England to prepare themselves,plus they played that one game against Barbados.     

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »
Yep Coops check d board it have a breakdown on who d players are. Pro League dem eh know nutten bout dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »
Carlos Edwards get big up in Zen tonight. I thought them leave already.

they had a 7am flight today so I guess Carlos just went straight to the airport from Zen...nice to see that kinda focus and preparation from the senior Warriors

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:35 AM »

they had a 7am flight today so I guess Carlos just went straight to the airport from Zen...nice to see that kinda focus and preparation from the senior Warriors

lol
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2008, 12:41:38 PM »
I will 2 d same 4 my next breakfast meetin party whole nite and then turn 2 wuk it obviously wukin 4 he I go try it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »

lol

yea i was driving down the eastern main road yesterday and who i will see liming in cane farm drinking beers.....

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
allyuh wanted annodder world cup.......well it go be a nail biting world cup like feel come Sunday.........true Trini heart attack football.....nuttin new

That is so true Breds. Every single time we have qualifies for this country is ah nail biting...edge of yuh seat...belley wuk. Yuh can never say with confidence that the national team going and beat another team with confidence...there is always doubt that they will loose by doing something stupid. Ah lil man in my head be saying they go loose again…they going and give away the game. Geh yuh tolet paper or gasset paper. Is real dal yuh eating today.

1. Thee best forward we have go get hurt in the first couple mins of the game.
2. We forwards will score onside goals and the refs will call it offside every time.
3. We defender will score on we own goal with ah back header in the last min of the game.
4. Ah striker from thee other team will kick ah bullet from almost half line and score because thee sun was in thee keeper eyes.
5. We team go be too tried because TTFF make them drive from Toco to Port of Spain for ah game to make it to WC in ah small maxi with no air condition.
6. Man had to go Zen last night so they have hangover and cah play to they full potential for WC qualifies on game day.
7. Ah tall defender will skate tackle ah forward and foul him in the last minute of the game or hands the ball in the box to give away ah penalty.

Now that is Tini football. Like yuh boy does say. Ah love it!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:36:18 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »
Cane Farm so is number 14

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 01:42:05 PM »
yeah.. And i was driving by Valsayn and guess who I see buying greasy KFC??

steups.. allyuh cut out de chi chi man scenes nuh..

who de fleck cares??

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »

who de fleck cares??

Omar we not suppose to care? How is that Chio Chi man talk? People concern that players who we investing a lot into, unconcerned and doh care. If men lieing that on them but we have a right to care. I need us to win on Sunday, really bad.

I want to believe that you play College soccer Omar, could you have gone out the night or two nights before the game? What if the coach heard something like this whether it's true or not?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Elan doh study it dey does do d same right b4 dey play 4 Sunderland or even betta when d Don was around. All we need 2 hear now dat man break curfew and dead in accident and Nappy Mayers sound would have been achieved

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 01:57:25 PM »

who de fleck cares??

Omar we not suppose to care? How is that Chio Chi man talk? People concern that players who we investing a lot into, unconcerned and doh care. If men lieing that on them but we have a right to care. I need us to win on Sunday, really bad.

I want to believe that you play College soccer Omar, could you have gone out the night or two nights before the game? What if the coach heard something like this whether it's true or not?

this is only a problem when we losing.

when we was winning yuh feel them fellahs wasnt liming in Zen too?

I only care if it is in violation of a direct order from Maturana.

Until such a point, i eh really interested in de setta who-see-who and what not. Imagine a man cyah drink a beer in Cane Farm now without someone coming and posting some shit.

Players have lives too.. As long as they bring it on the pitch, i couldnt care less whatever de hell else dey do in dey spare time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
We all knew d limin ting did not happen under Beenie watch yes dey have lives but d same commitment 4 club I want 2 c 4 country

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
We all knew d limin ting did not happen under Beenie watch yes dey have lives but d same commitment 4 club I want 2 c 4 country

doh get tie up... under beenie watch them same men was liming in zen and drinking carib in cane farm, so i eh see what the point is..

the foolish setta ray-ray is only because we losing so anything is fair game..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
Yeah Omar u rite d 11 nov 2005 man was limin in Zen dat is y we only draw

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
These men will lime and party, that is they usual life .This is the norm and how often they go get a chance to go Zen or drink a beer with the boys.

This is how they conduct it on a regular so it is not the root cause for poor performance.

Win or lose on Sunday these men going out they business.

Back in 92 I remember TNT getting lick out by Jamaica at this same stage and life went on.

have no fear win lose or draw then men and them will still hit Zen on a regular and pull all the skets.

These men is professional they can handle it.

We talking about going bermuda and beating some amatures versy fighting for survival in the premiereship.

They will be up for it and execute the game plan.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »
Ah might have missed it, but I eh read no comments from de players.
Ah would like to hear them say that they arready kick themselves in the ass over that game, and know that the effort they need to put out to get the result is VERY different from what they did last Sunday.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2008, 06:41:35 PM »
TV6 reported dat Carlos said dey go get d job done.

All we like 2 lime but when u have a big exam or an interview 4 your dream job u go prepare like crazy if u really serious me eh care if dey limin it wrong 4ever. If it in dey DNA y dey doh do it when dey wit dey club. Is d water in TNT it does make dem lime

Havin tasted d joy of goin 2 d WC u cyah compare d JA fiasco

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »
keep dreaming!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
What's the story with Ince's omission from the team?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »

Look on the bright side...somebody looking to step up and full the void left by yorke.

In any case...they could do what ever..once they get the result. I just hoping that they do. The way things go with T&T football...yuh never know what to expect.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:53 PM »
I fully expect a Trinidad and Tobago victory on sunday...by the required margin and more.

I am one who firmly believes that lightening does not strike twice.

bermuda will get 4 at least

Offline jamaica4life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »
I fully expect a Trinidad and Tobago victory on sunday...by the required margin and more.

I am one who firmly believes that lightening does not strike twice.

Bermuda will get 4 at least

lets go Bermuda ;D beat dem cocawarriors up really good :rotfl: :devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:41 AM »
Trinidad don’t give us respect that we deserve.
By Stephen Wright.

Whether coaching from the dugout or playing out on the pitch Gary Darrell has never lost to Trinidad and Tobago. It is a record he is desperate to remain unblemished when the dust settles on Sunday's World Cup qualifying showdown.

The national team technical advisor believes Bermuda holds a voodoo over the Soca Warriors having achieved a series of splendid results against the Caribbean superpower over the years.

Darrell was part of the team who beat Trinidad in the semi-finals of the 1967 Pan Am Games and was coach when Bermuda posted a win and a draw during a two-game tour of the Island in 1988.

"If you go back over history we've always seemed to do well against Trinidad," said Darrell who was invited back into the national team fold earlier this month.

"Often I think they've been guilty of looking past us and not giving us the respect we deserve.

"We went down to Trinidad in 1988 when I was coach and got a draw and a win. We also beat them in the semi-final of the 1967 Pan Am Games when I was playing.

"For some reason we always seem to achieve good results against them. When I've been directly involved with the national team we've never lost to them – hopefully we can keep it going."

The former Washington Diplomats midfielder is under no illusions of the difficulty of task ahead with Bermuda needing to prevent Trinidad from beating them by two clear goals in order to progress to the next stage.

Last Sunday's first leg has already been hailed as the shock of the round and Darrell, who masterminded Bermuda's best ever World Cup run in 1992, is adamant the team can conjure up another magical result.

"I would put that victory very high in our all-time list. To beat a team of that calibre on the road is a great achievement," he said.

"We were prepared to settle for a draw or a narrow defeat so to come out with a victory was a massive boost for us."

If Bermuda are to complete their staggering mission and knock-out the 2006 World Cup finalists, Darrell believes they will need more attacking invention from their midfielders and high profile winger Khano Smith.

"I think we will certainly have to be better than we were on Sunday," he said.

"You can't fault anybody for their effort and I think Kenny's (Thompson) game plan was spot on.

"I think Khano (Smith) could have given us a bit more; the same applies to Kwame (Steede) and Keishen (Bean). I think our midfield in particular needs to be quite a bit better.

"But if we can match the effort we put in and improve on the areas we have identified then we can make it happen. It will certainly be a tall order though."

Two-goal hero John Barry Nusum took part in light training yesterday and is still a doubt for Sunday's match due to the hamstring injury he picked up in the first leg. Darrell has his fingers crossed that Nusum will be passed fit and reckons the striker is in the best form of his career.

"The last three games have been the best I've seen John," he said. "He's got back to playing outdoor football after finishing his indoor season and he was excellent against Barbados in the second game. On Sunday I thought he was terrific as well. He has established the kind of fitness he needs for the outdoor game and is in great form."
Mussenden hits back at media in Trinidad.
By Colin Thompson.

Bermuda Football Association (BFA) commander-in-chief Larry Mussenden hit back at the Trinidadian media yesterday in the wake of their "unfair" criticism of the Island's senior national football team who beat the Soca Warriors 2-1 in the first leg of a World Cup qualifier in Trinidad last weekend.

Among the main culprits were the Trinidad Express, Newsday and Guardian who were all highly critical of Bermuda's performance and went as far as to label Kenny Thompson's bunch as "pudgy, substandard and poor".

"I'm disappointed by their criticism because they seemed to have focussed on the quality of the Bermuda team that won the match," Mussenden said.

"I would've thought their commentators would've focussed more on the Trinidadian team, which some of them did do.

"I think the criticism of the Bermuda team was unfair because we had the ball in the back of the net (twice) and did what we had to on the road in their own back yard."

Mussenden was on hand to witness Bermuda's famous win last Sunday and reckons the hosts' decision to reschedule the match to the smaller confines of the Marvin Lee Stadium at the last minute actually worked against the home team who were rocked on their heels by a John Barry Nusum brace.

"It was a smaller stadium that wasn't sold out and I think the decision to switch the match to that stadium worked in our favour from an atmosphere point of view," he added.

"I'm quite pleased with the result and very happy for the team and the coaches and I salute their efforts.

"The team performed well and had no issues at all and have returned to Bermuda in a commanding position."

Bermuda and Trinidad will lock horns in the second leg of their World Cup qualifier at a sold out National Sports Centre (NSC) on Sunday where Mussenden has again declared all out war against the Triny insurgents.

"Literally, it's a full scale war and so we ask every Bermudian to give their all to make sure we win," he said. "It will be a tall order because Trinidad are coming for war as well.

"They know what they have to do and are coming here quite prepared to do it.

"So our fans have got to make the National Sports Centre our fortress. Our fans need to create an environment of support for the Bermuda team."
Big match a sell out.
By Nadia Arandjelovic.

People line-up outside the BFA office on Cedar Avenue to buy tickets for Sunday's World Cup qualifier clash between Bermuda and Trinidad and Tobago. All 4,500 tickets were sold. 
Photo Tamell Simons 

Hordes of fans lined up yesterday to get tickets for Bermuda's football match against Trinidad on Sunday, which is being anticipated as one of the biggest sporting events on the Island in years. <

Those who turned out early were not disappointed but by late afternoon the match was completely sold out. By 10.30 yesterday morning the grandstand was sold out and by 4.10 p.m. all 4,500 tickets had gone.

Anticipation for the match grew stronger after Kenny Thompson's Bermuda team was victorious against Trinidad and Tobago last Sunday — the upcoming match will therefore determine which team goes on to the group stage of the World Cup, explained Ian Rawlins, the Bermuda Football Association's public relations officer.

"The interesting thing is this — in 2006 Trinidad was the smallest country to ever qualify for the World Cup; they had a 1.2 million population. Bermuda's population is 60,000 — so you do the math. A country of 60,000 people in the World Cup it's big, it's really huge," he said.

He admitted he had rarely seen people coming out in "droves" to buy tickets. In addition, the BFA already sold out of jerseys for the game.

The Royal Gazette talked to supporters yesterday — some of whom waited more than an hour to get their tickets, others waited out in the rain just to get a chance to support their home team.

Leslie-Ann Rochester was waiting in line to support Bermuda and predicted that "Bermuda is going to win because we are going to go out there and make some noise.

"I'm going to be hoarse on Monday going to work."

Troy Burrows, 45, admits he has been a football fan practically since birth.

"I've always loved football, but this is a special game and everyone should come out and support," he said.

"At the previous qualifier everyone there was excited.

"The atmosphere was great and I think it's going to be the same this time around."

Doors open for the match at 6 p.m.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2008, 05:25:20 AM »
Former Captain Clayton Morris being interviewd on Tv6 now

As everyone else, he saying we need the experience on the side and he talks about how sad it is not to have our best players cause of the so called black list.

If more and more former players keep coming and speaking about the black list, hopefully the public would really see what going on

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2008, 05:56:48 AM »
I have a tactics question?
How do you score against against a team that will sit 10 men in the defense, and clog up the field and passing lanes.
If you cross the ball into the box, our forwards will be surrouned.
If you try to take route 1 and go down the middle it will be over crowded and everyone will be man marked.
Whats the solution?

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Is the game going to be on GolTV?
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2008, 06:21:27 AM »
Why TTFF try to air the game on the internet or TV. I currently live in the US and it is very frustrated for not seeing the game. i think we have a high volume of people that on the soca warrior web site. lets get more sponsors for the web site. what allyuh think?

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
WHY EVERY TIME I POST A TOPIC SOMEONE KEEP REMOVE IT?
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2008, 06:33:31 AM »
i do support the web site? why i can put or push up my topic?

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Is the game going to be on GolTV?
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:17 AM »
Why TTFF try to air the game on the internet or TV. I currently live in the US and it is very frustrated for not seeing the game. i think we have a high volume of people that on the soca warrior web site. lets get more sponsors for the web site. what allyuh think?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2008, 06:42:13 AM »
I have a tactics question?
How do you score against against a team that will sit 10 men in the defense, and clog up the field and passing lanes.
If you cross the ball into the box, our forwards will be surrouned.
If you try to take route 1 and go down the middle it will be over crowded and everyone will be man marked.
Whats the solution?

Thee coach would devise a plan to break down the opposing defense; the opposing team will not stand still on defense, they will come out to make the tackles... which will allow us to shoot or knock thru the spaces for set pieces. If they want to play that type of game it will be in our benefit. Trust me… we will ketch them on target practice ah couple must fly past thee keeper. The only problem is do we have players who could finish on those opportunities. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:48:24 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>