April 30, 2024, 01:47:15 AM

Author Topic: Inside T & T team  (Read 9567 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Inside T & T team
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
So I was finally able to touch base with a couple players on our current National team. It was brought to my attention that there has not been a very good relationship among players in the camp. Even when it seems as if players had a good relationship with each other, it would be deemed as fake.

Personally, I would understand this because the senior foreign base players would be frustrated with the incompetence of some of the local players.

Anton Corneal revealed that he is not the person picking the team but that was not the views of some of the players (now mind you, these players are all starters so it's not a matter of venting because they sat the bench). Anton picks the players, Muturana coaches them.

Unfortunately, there is a particular player that may never represent Trinidad and Tobago again due to verbally disrespecting the team's manager after his frustration with how things were conducted. He is a good player as well.

Anton keeps stressing that if players are not active they would not be able to represent the country. With all due respect, so why is Khaleem Hyland and Darryl Roberts on the team? I am not saying that these players are not worthy, its just double standard. Why would they have Marvin Phillip as the 2nd string keeper, then drop him without reasoning and bring in Jan-Michael Williams?

Anton, you are a dunce!!!! Please leave our football ALONE!!! Our senior players need experienced quality players alongside them. If you think that Akeem Adams, Jamal Gay and your other "highly" recruited scouts can help us reach the 2010 World Cup you have something else coming.

TTFF please please call Jack, Sancho, Spann, Chris and James to the T & T camp, in addition to getting rid of Anton? Thanks
I want to believe that Maturana is a worthy coach from his resume. Time will tell how successful he is with Trinidad and Tobago National Team.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
Re: Inside T & T team
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
Thank you for confiming what many here have been suspecting.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
After the Bermuda game I only saw 4 players at the after-party..............Laurence, Edwards, John and Scotland.......maybe dat eh mean nuttin....maybe it mean sumting.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »
Thanks Kingsman from all reports d player is Ince and I cannot shed any tears for him because not only was he not in the lawsuit he went further and testify v Jack so while 2 wrongs cyah make a rite according 2 Malcolm X d chickens comin home 2 roost.

U did not have 2 wait 4 d after party to c d clique it was evident wit d after warm up posse who needed 2 b call 2 d changin room b4 d game.

No need 2 comment bout Cornmeals because we know is snr pullin jnr strings
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 11:55:35 AM »
Thanks Kingsman from all reports d player is Ince and I cannot shed any tears for him because not only was he not in the lawsuit he went further and testify v Jack so while 2 wrongs cyah make a rite according 2 Malcolm X d chickens comin home 2 roost.

U did not have 2 wait 4 d after party to c d clique it was evident wit d after warm up posse who needed 2 b call 2 d changin room b4 d game.

No need 2 comment bout Cornmeals because we know is snr pullin jnr strings

Ince kinda mad, but I duno if yuh could fault him here. He need to learn to think b4 he speaks tho.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 12:00:27 PM »
He cyah b complainin bout players when he eh stand up wit Sancho and dem IMO. If all 23 did stand up it night have been a different story
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »
He cyah b complainin bout players when he eh stand up wit Sancho and dem IMO. If all 23 did stand up it night have been a different story

He never struck me as the brightest bulb, I doubt that cross his mind, he probably was thinking his misplaced loyalty wuda get him straight into the squad, which it did, but that was in spite of not because of his betrayal. Ah tell yuh I think the man jus not the smartest person out der. It easy tuh tief he head. Plus yuh almost guaranteed a blow up and an easy reason to get rid of him once he serve his purpose. The sad thing is at the end of the day, we suffer more for this stupidity.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
if everybody did stand up together then it would have definitely been a different story........initially I thought they did until I saw on here Latas and Yorke had a different arrangement.........what a shame......back to basics..........no "I" in team and "together we stand or divided we fall"......and since we didnt stand together we been falling divided since

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 12:13:15 PM »
Yep Shaka retired and Kelvin championin d cause of FPATT he know he was a shoe in 4 d goalie position. Dey also chain up Denzil wit all kind ah promises and where he 2day me cyah feel sorry 4 dem fellas as Palos say God doh like ugly so what dey sow dey reapin now  

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 12:34:28 PM »
As far as i see it,  every thing in Trinidad and Tobago is under dictatorship vibes. matter of fact the government is and was always a dictatorship and not a democracy.

i suggest , if yuh want to continue supporting any facet of T&T life style whether sports , politics , cultural , or other wise then expect inadequacies in the ranks.

BC Trinidad is ran by big money ppl and dictators. if yuh don't believe meh then check this. manning , panday, randy boroughs, law commission of T&T, jack warner & TTFF , minister in the ministry of education ( for yrs ), just to name ah few.  what yuh think , all them white and french creole children so smart that all of them pass for CIC , Fatima , and St joseph convent.

if yuh love T&T football , then support at your own risk ( the eventualties of severe heart ache & disappointment ) , then again, papa jack say we going SA 2010, so who am I to doubt that, these days Jack seem to know what he's talking bout.                              positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »
    Yeah it really is difficult to support a team and nation you love when so much corruption is going on. I hate the fact that so much inadequate players without enough experience are on the team too, but sadly I have to support them. It is a pity that we can't put them in an Under 23 team and let them play and then choose a few as opposed to having over 50% of the team made up with them, because of the bad mind to Birchie, Sancho, Densil, Silvio etc. etc.

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »
well this confirms what we all suspected...Yuh cudda see there was no unity in de team, foreign based and local based were both keeping to themselves.
On another note JC now show me how i pass for pres, and how i get all my ones in CXC and do good in A's....is my skin colour!! lol i just joking eh man, damn rite some kids get in some schools based on they connections..but these days de white pple sending dem maple leaf and international school... but yuh does like paint with a broad brush and i doh tink dat necessary
Back in Trini...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
Yea fellas I heard the same also from one of the squad players even before the 1st Bermuda game but did'nt want to voice it at that time.I understand there is a split also between the senior foreign players and the locals especially the young ones.The seniors feel these guys are not ready.A lot of baccannal in the camp.
I also heard that many of the foreign base don't agree with Whittley as the captain so you also have a leadership problem.
Finally from my source(a player) Anton is picking the squad.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 01:43:56 PM »
Yea fellas I heard the same also from one of the squad players even before the 1st Bermuda game but did'nt want to voice it at that time.I understand there is a split also between the senior foreign players and the locals especially the young ones.The seniors feel these guys are not ready.A lot of baccannal in the camp.
I also heard that many of the foreign base don't agree with Whittley as the captain so you also have a leadership problem.
Finally from my source(a player) Anton is picking the squad.

The senior players need to put the pressure where it belongs - on the selectors, not the younger players that actually got picked. They need to work with them and raise them up while they are there. But get the selectors to come to their senses so once we go into a qualifier the best are playing with the best.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 01:55:36 PM »
so hear nah Kingman, when dem fellahs tell yuh bout all de bacchanal....yuh tell dem dat yuh was going and post on ah forum? or dey tell yuh small ting man...go an' organize yuhself.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »
Dem fellas know we in dey corner so dey know all d stories go b here

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 02:57:05 PM »
So whose bright idea is it 4 Whitley 2 b d captin?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
So whose bright idea is it 4 Whitley 2 b d captin?

1 - I doh see anyting wrong wit Whitley being captain

2 - It probably was what it took to get him sufficiently motivated to give of his absolute best at this stage of his career.  In the team that the Corneal's (sorry...Maturana) picked, Whitley was probably the best choice for captain as they NEED him.  With the senior pros coming back into the picture, maybe he's not the best option but again..I think it's all about what would motivate a player like Whitley to give of his best.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »
Palos cyah agree wit u there d era of seniority promotion done. Whitley is d Peter principle in operation. If he have 2 motivate him by givin him d captincy then we in a real sad state. D locals know dat d fella eh up 2 d job far less d foreign.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »
The fissures that were there before now become fractures.

There was clique-ishness in the team befor ethe WC too, don't believe that Dwight, Latas, Stern et al didn't make there own movements but things get even worse now.

The relative success of that team did a lot to keep people happy plus the locals and foreign based at leats played with each other over the years.

Carlos, Ince, Stern and company have no idea who these current guys are.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 05:23:05 PM »
Cliques are always perceived as a baddddddddddd ting I disagree peeps will always have a couple persons dat dey hang closer wit and dey will b a clique. Who closer than Dog and Tallest but dat eh say dey eh have a relationship wit Latas.

But there was genuine weness wit dem fellas cliques become disruptive when only d goals of d clique are impt and d group goals are ignored. Dat is d story now as d foreign base c d locals as hounds.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 06:03:48 PM »
A rift between local based players and foriegn was suspected since d England game,if allyuh realize since Carlos come on d squad Daniel ent gettin noe freekick attempts.And watch at d goal celebrations,a totally united team will embracing with one another,not these guys
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »
Yep Palos mention dat free kick ting and d coach instead ah gettin dem 2 unitesayin foreign base disruptive

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »
So I was finally able to touch base with a couple players on our current National team. It was brought to my attention that there has not been a very good relationship among players in the camp. Even when it seems as if players had a good relationship with each other, it would be deemed as fake.

Personally, I would understand this because the senior foreign base players would be frustrated with the incompetence of some of the local players.

Anton Corneal revealed that he is not the person picking the team but that was not the views of some of the players (now mind you, these players are all starters so it's not a matter of venting because they sat the bench). Anton picks the players, Muturana coaches them.

Unfortunately, there is a particular player that may never represent Trinidad and Tobago again due to verbally disrespecting the team's manager after his frustration with how things were conducted. He is a good player as well.

Anton keeps stressing that if players are not active they would not be able to represent the country. With all due respect, so why is Khaleem Hyland and Darryl Roberts on the team? I am not saying that these players are not worthy, its just double standard. Why would they have Marvin Phillip as the 2nd string keeper, then drop him without reasoning and bring in Jan-Michael Williams?

Anton, you are a dunce!!!! Please leave our football ALONE!!! Our senior players need experienced quality players alongside them. If you think that Akeem Adams, Jamal Gay and your other "highly" recruited scouts can help us reach the 2010 World Cup you have something else coming.

TTFF please please call Jack, Sancho, Spann, Chris and James to the T & T camp, in addition to getting rid of Anton? Thanks
I want to believe that Maturana is a worthy coach from his resume. Time will tell how successful he is with Trinidad and Tobago National Team.

Kingman

Its ok to say it was Clayton Ince.  Call dem out man, doh be like Clayton Morris and Leonson Lewis the other day fraid to see Anton Corneal should get fired

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
And watch at d goal celebrations,a totally united team will embracing with one another,not these guys

......and I thought I was seeing things when ah watch de clip on de news ah few days after....and ah probably would not have noticed if Touches didn't mention it in he report....but ah watch de celebrations when dey score and something just didn't look right.  And as someone said in an earlier post, dey taking out dey grievances on de wrong group.
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »
Palos cyah agree wit u there d era of seniority promotion done. Whitley is d Peter principle in operation. If he have 2 motivate him by givin him d captincy then we in a real sad state. D locals know dat d fella eh up 2 d job far less d foreign.
I attemptin to lookin at it from a Corneal perspective.

I suddenly get yet annoda opportunity to have a direct influence on who plays for T&T

Basically, to do tings my way

I forkin up every coach from Figge to Wim down de years tellin dem dey eh know wha de ass dem doin so now I goin wit MY PICKS

Here is also a golden opportunity fuh me, as certain players agent, to showcase dese players to prospective buyers in de lucrative European market...especially as gettin scholarships fuh players in de US is small potatos by comparison.

Ah have meh agenda where T&T football concerned yes....but I eh COMPLETELY dotish.  In my warped, Maple way of thinking....a total local team will be world beaters and ready fuh international football against all comers, especially under MY astute coaching (doh mind ah never win nutting as a coach at ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL), ah still need somebody local dat RELATIVELY experienced to lead meh young alcons...sorry...lions.

Besides.....in my mind, Whitley eh exactly de sharpest knife in de drawer.  Ah could toss he de captaincy, he go play hard, he go show up fuh trainin, and ah could manipulate he as much as ah need to.  Even Anton, nice guy dat he is and all, could handle dah wuk if necessary.  Plus Whitley is a "ghetto boy"....I eh go get no flak fuh bein a "elitist" or sumting so.

IF I was Alvin....Whitley would make perfect sense.  He might even get Hardest to train too.....yuh eh see ah had Guerra in de mix too until he decide to play "man" and go behind meh back and complain to de press about how he get drop jes so against England?  He so need to learn he place.

8)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »
A rift between local based players and foriegn was suspected since d England game,if allyuh realize since Carlos come on d squad Daniel ent gettin noe freekick attempts.And watch at d goal celebrations,a totally united team will embracing with one another,not these guys
       Gladman it not surprising you said this because if you all look at my post after the England game i said it,from the way the team came out on the field before the game,to the groups that were together for the warm-ups,to the game itself, anybody who have been around players and teams for a period of time would have realise something not right with our team.

There is too much going on within and outside of the team for anything to be right,my hope now that all these informations are coming to light everyone will see that it's not all Jack's fault why our Football is in disarray,our problems stem from leadership,we have none because everybody wants to do their own thing.

Nothing is wrong with cliques on a team,all teams have cliques even the average club teams because players come from different areas,clubs etc etc the thing is once we are training/playing that clique thing has to go out the door,that's the way i know it,a team can't function with cliques on the field,you can't tell players who to lime/hang out with.

It seems qualifying for the last WC has changed Football in T&T for ever,i remember it was always a big thing for us to be on the same field/game with the big name players,it's something we looked forward too,those players never made you feel inferior as a matter of fact they were very encourageing because you had to play with them some time,one of my first mentors was Rugged Tom i was so glad i didn't have to play against him.What we are getting today is players don't want to pass on their experience/knowledge to the younger ones,it's the same thing with our Coaches they keep everything to themselves and expect that to improve Football,no one Coach/player could make our Football better,the difference is for us to all come together under a united plan.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »
Palos boi meh vision eh dat good 2 c d Corneal perspective. Dat mean u have 30-30 vision

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
Palos boi meh vision eh dat good 2 c d Corneal perspective. Dat mean u have 30-30 vision

Or it could jes mean I jes fulla shit... ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 07:31:32 PM »
        Gladman it not surprising you said this because if you all look at my post after the England game i said it,from the way the team came out on the field before the game,to the groups that were together for the warm-ups,to the game itself, anybody who have been around players and teams for a period of time would have realise something not right with our team.

There is too much going on within and outside of the team for anything to be right,my hope now that all these informations are coming to light everyone will see that it's not all Jack's fault why our Football is in disarray,our problems stem from leadership,we have none because everybody wants to do their own thing.

Nothing is wrong with cliques on a team,all teams have cliques even the average club teams because players come from different areas,clubs etc etc the thing is once we are training/playing that clique thing has to go out the door,that's the way i know it,a team can't function with cliques on the field,you can't tell players who to lime/hang out with.

It seems qualifying for the last WC has changed Football in T&T for ever,i remember it was always a big thing for us to be on the same field/game with the big name players,it's something we looked forward too,those players never made you feel inferior as a matter of fact they were very encourageing because you had to play with them some time,one of my first mentors was Rugged Tom i was so glad i didn't have to play against him.What we are getting today is players don't want to pass on their experience/knowledge to the younger ones,it's the same thing with our Coaches they keep everything to themselves and expect that to improve Football,no one Coach/player could make our Football better,the difference is for us to all come together under a united plan.

coops talk the most sense, yuh see that clique business, i not in dat, if them foreign based cant help the youths and locals grow, they need tuh check themselves and think of where they once was before. i understand we have a good portion of youths who are not ready but who fault is that? its not their fault, allyuh foreign based direct allyuh bullshit to the man picking the squad nah, bc if man have belly tuh belittle locals and youths they should have belly tuh talk to the fellahs who picking the squad...

God is de BOSS...

1]; } ?>