March 28, 2024, 11:34:03 AM

Author Topic: TTFF Wake up and use our foreign players!  (Read 5428 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF Wake up and use our foreign players!
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
TTFF if a player is playing in Europe or any other foreign league, it means that those players are better than those who are playing in our home league.

If our home league players were good, then they would have been playing in Europe or MLS etc..

There might be the odd home base player that would be a good fit with our national team but our team has to be made up of foreign players.

SIMPLE, OUR FOREIGN PLAYERS ARE BETTER THAN OUR LOCAL PLAYERS!!!!!!!!

ANTON AND MATURANA WAKE UP AND USE OUR FOREIGN PLAYERS!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 08:33:20 PM by Coach »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Wake up and use our foreign players!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »
Preach on Coach dey may just get d memo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
Preach on Coach dey may just get d memo
he preachin to de choir in here....by the way TI not in de choir.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »
MEP it have none choir members not TI who we hope go get d memo
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:29:13 PM »
our foreign based players are where they are for a reason..they have clearly distinguished themselves from the rest (i.e. wen they themselves were locals)..i doh even like to label foreign an local i prefer trinbagonians..

and umm...anybody know wen hyland goin to 'sign' wit portsmouth?...steupes wen mark bus is probably wrexham he gone...

ah hate anton

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »
Do ah Panday wake meh up when he sign

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 08:36:13 PM »
ah remember men cuss meh when it was first announced that Anton was assistant coach but he really shouldn't be anywhere near a national team....not even a U -5 team ......the one thing that fools people where Anton is concerned is that he is knowledgeable about the game but to his detriment he cannot translate that knowledge into anything practical and realistic..

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »
I doh agree with that,A player who is foreign based playin substitute roles,and a local based who playin full 90 mins regular. Who is better and match fit,despite league levels?
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
I doh agree with that,A player who is foreign based playin substitute roles,and a local based who playin full 90 mins regular. Who is better and match fit,despite league levels?
even if you're a sub you're still practicing at a higher level...and your expected level of fitness is the same as those on the starting 11

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
Have u been around dem pro teams we use d word pro loosely. If Whitley did get d gig in Vietnam I would say dat play he because in Vietnam dey go b serious in everything dey do from diet etc. We not serious dat is part of d Trini charm so if we are 2 develop teach d players d basics so when dey get overseas dey go develop.

We 2 laid back

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
Which set a players easier for Anton to control ? foreign or local.There'lies the answer.Yuh think dem men interested in de country

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
Royal 2 answer your question in 1 word NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2 words HELLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anton cyah tell he old pops 2 take ah rest u tink he could tell Stern and dem anyting

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
Beenie did have control of our foreign, if Anton is a "coach" why can't he control the foreign players or is he qualified to coach at this level.

Any player will grab at the opportunity to represent his country at WC, this is the stage for him to move on to bigger goals!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24:48 PM »
Coach yuh tired it late u comparin d Don with d cornmeal

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 11:16:19 PM »
allyuh can do that  by putting foregin players u need to mix it up. it 's all about the future of tnt.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 03:54:52 AM »
TTFF if a player is playing in Europe or any other foreign league, it means that those players are better than those who are playing in our home league.
If our home league players were good, then they would have been playing in Europe or MLS etc..
There might be the odd home base player that would be a good fit with our national team but our team has to be made up of foreign players.
Bravo  :applause: :applause:
even if you're a sub you're still practicing at a higher level...and your expected level of fitness is the same as those on the starting 11
Tell dem MEP...it really is amazing eh
Which set a players easier for Anton to control ? foreign or local.There'lies the answer.Yuh think dem men interested in de country
there in lies our Dilemma
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:59:46 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 05:00:26 AM »
I agree with COACH but it is also a very good idea to build a strong home-based  squad.It might be of interest to note that Trinidad's best teams ever,1974 and 1989 had at most one overseas player.I think it was D.Nakhid.If Maturana has the skills to bring in some yutes and improve them then its for the benefit of Trinidad,at the same time including some of the overseas pros.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »
We 2 laid back

.....ah feel yuh mean we like to lime under coconut trees.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:19 AM »
D same ting but cyah say dat hear

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:34 AM »

This is a general statement that can prove to be inaccurate.  Not because a player is playing in Europe means that he is better;  I would disagree.  There are many mitigating circumstances that can attributed to this being an incorrect statement i.e. age.  If a player is older but better than a younger player, the foreign teams are apt to take the younger player.  Why??? Because of the development factor.

Doh get caught up in the star boy nonesense.  Like you, I believe the the majority of our players in Europe are better but you should not generalize. 

For example, I have no problem playing the local keepers in front of Ince. 

Based on your philosophy, the US could field an entire team of foreign pros, however, why don't they?  Ask yourself that question.

Chemistry has a lot to do with a team's performance.  Therefore, you cannot just pickup 11 men and say, come let we play on the international level.  Sorry coach, I hear yuh but I cannot agree with you in totality.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »

This is a general statement that can prove to be inaccurate.  Not because a player is playing in Europe means that he is better;  I would disagree.  There are many mitigating circumstances that can attributed to this being an incorrect statement i.e. age.  If a player is older but better than a younger player, the foreign teams are apt to take the younger player.  Why??? Because of the development factor.

Doh get caught up in the star boy nonesense.  Like you, I believe the the majority of our players in Europe are better but you should not generalize. 

Based on your philosophy, the US could field an entire team of foreign pros, however, why don't they?  Ask yourself that question.

Chemistry has a lot to do with a team's performance.  Therefore, you cannot just pickup 11 men and say, come let we play on the international level.  Sorry coach, I hear yuh but I cannot agree with you in totality.

Excellent post Arimaman, even though i understand what coach is trying to say!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »
Arimaman...I hear what you are saying but you are dealing with probabilities and possibilities...let's deal with the current reality .....and that is the crop of locally based players that played against Bermuda are not ready....do some have potential ..yes....

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 12:03:08 PM »

Yes sir, I agree with Arimaman on that one.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »

Fellas you all posting these things as thought TTFF is read or follow this forum. These have to be voiced in the newspapers or on radio WE HAVE TO BE HEARD!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
Me eh sure if man like Ricky Shakes any better than a Kerry Baptiste, nah.

But, yeah, our available foreign players should at least be called up and looked at. Objectively.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »
Fellas you all posting these things as thought TTFF is read or follow this forum. These have to be voiced in the newspapers or on radio WE HAVE TO BE HEARD!

Why waste our time, nobody eh goh pay we no mind.... ::) ::)

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »

lol, good luck with that.  nuff plolitics with the media.  TTFF must be controling them too.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »

lol, good luck with that.  nuff plolitics with the media.  TTFF must be controling them too.

Well then if that is the case we really wasting time on this site and spinning top in mud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »

:applause: Simple as dat sah, no individual should need a degree tuh see dat, but apparently de T&T staff may need one  >:(. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade and Beasley - De real deal
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »
D TTFF peeps does be here watchin cing who postin what

1]; } ?>