March 28, 2024, 03:22:00 AM

Author Topic: Open letter to Mr Warner  (Read 2581 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Open letter to Mr Warner
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:38:48 AM »
I have noted for some time that various posters have wanted to make a formal media statement concerning the plight of football in T&T. Therefore, I have taken the liberty of draughting an open letter to Mr Warner. Maybe this could be sent to the papers or, as previously suggested, take out an ad in the paper? I have not specifically mentioned SW.net or warrior nation, but, of course, the letter may be edited if you wish.

Dear Mr Warner

We are writing to you to offer you the views of the true SocaWarrior supporters.

As you do not offer us the opportunity of speaking to you directly we have decided to use your favoured method of communication, the media.

Our members have watched with interest your recent statements and interviews, and we now offer you our views and opinions for you to consider.

Mr Warner, no one can have any doubt that you have achieved many beneficial advantages for T&T football over the years. However, critics may also point their fingers at a similar level of embarrasing episodes that you have been involved in.

It is difficult for us to believe that many of your actions are designed for the benefit of T&T football rather than to achieve the personal and political aims of Jack Warner.

You behave like a spoilt child in the playground, and if you can't be in charge, you take your football home so no one else can play. And like a spoilt child much of what you say makes no sense to anyone other than yourself.

FPATT was officially launched in May 2007 to represent professional footballers in Trinidad & Tobago and those representing Trinidad & Tobago in international competitions. They have developed a good relationship with the ProLeague, the government, FIFPro and supporters, yet you and TTFF have still not recognised their organisation.

You talk often about not receiving a penny from Minister Hunt, yet you fail to mention how you have spent the money given to you by Mr Boynes or the income from the 2006 world cup campaign.

You have the power to bring England to play in Trinidad, yet you are unable to order your accountants to prepare your books from 2006 so that you can present them to Mr Hunt and achieve the funding you complain so loudly about him witholding.

Mr Warner, you are an MP. You are sworn to defend the rights of your constituents and protect taxpayers funds, yet you attack Mr Hunt for doing exactly that.

The stadium fees have remained the same for 20 years. Why have you and your friends in parliament not asked questions about this? I imagine that prices in your travel agents have not remained the same for 20 years. But when Mr Hunt corrects this travesty you criticise him.

Mr Warner, your decision to play the Bermuda game on an artificial surface cannot have been made to benefit the people of these islands, but to attempt to score political points and discredit Mr Hunt. Your announcement to play home fixtures overseas cannot possibly benefit supporters or the players. Again, it would appear that this is designed for political purposes.

Everybody knows that you run football in T&T. You decide which players to blacklist, you decide which of your friends will be coaches, you decide where money is spent and which promises you keep and which you will ignore.

Mr Camps and Mr Roden are, as usual, conspicuous by their silence. This may suit you, Mr Warner. However, you will have to produce your accounts one day. And if, for any reason, there are discrepencies, it will be you that is responsible.

Instead of wasting time breaking FIFAs primary rule of mixing football with politics, why are you not developing grass roots projects to develop the next generation of footballers? Why are you not using the high profile of football to help tackle the governments objectives?

You claim to be the champion of the poor black people from beyond the bridge, yet you do not use your influence to coordinate football based projects with the government to tackle gang and drug culture, education, and family planning issues. 

It is time that TTFF changes is electoral procedure to allow those that care about football onto the board. Mr Camps and Mr Groden have consistently failed in their roles. They may be nice people, but football is in turmoil and they are responsible for the administration of the game. Of course, this may be because of your interference. The same could be said of Mr Maturana. Have you ever allowed him to select the team that he wants?

Mr Warner, you frequently inform us of your respected position within Concacaf and FIFA. Why don't you concentrate on those areas and leave T&T football alone?

Lets us invite a new administration that is transparent and accountable. Let our coach select the team he wants. Let all of the stakeholders of T&T football - the administration, the players, the ProLeague, the supporters and the government- work together for the benefit of the islands.

The funny thing is that this would increase your popularity. At the moment you only bring negativity to the discussions. Your abilities on the world stage are second to none, yet at home you are becoming a pariah. Do what you do best, Mr Warner, stop being a spoilt child and give the people of Trinidad & Tobago their football back.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:06:56 AM by Flex »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Open letter to Mr Warner
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:45:36 AM »
 :beermug:

I will have to read it again later to be objective. Boss letter.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:31 AM »
Nice letter but he go say Simpauls Travel belong to his family not he ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:24:55 AM »
Send it 2 d papers we got some printed so u may succeed as well
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:38:57 AM »
I believe Jack has a lower approval rating than Bush. Great letter. When you're ready to put it in the newspaper call me, and I'll  contribute some money.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 08:08:21 AM »
Good letter. Some typos and points where the language is abnormal for people claiming to be Trini. Hope it was corrected before being forwarded to media.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 09:03:24 AM »

What is the letter really trying to achieve ?
The fact that football supporters don't like him ? He knows that already.
For him to give up his empire ? No letter doing that?
 Some kind of response from him that will start a dialogue that could put him in trouble somehow ? No chance.

Jack don't care about anybody, thie public not really interested and the government are the biggest waggonists.
Doh waste yuh time son.

A recent poll shows that 3% of the forumites actually never go the bathroom whilst logged on.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

Some kind of response from him that will start a dialogue that could put him in trouble somehow ? No chance.

Jack don't care about anybody, thie public not really interested and the government are the biggest waggonists.
Doh waste yuh time son.

A recent poll shows that 3% of the forumites actually never go the bathroom whilst logged on.

This is the prototypical trini answer. 'Jack eh go care so I not wasting my time'. So what if this letter can't bring down Jack? That's not the point. The fact is that the VAST majority of the T&T public have no clue about what going on. If this letter can open the eyes of of one additional person, then I believe it has served its purpose. This is more about getting the message out. The more people know the true story, the more pressure we can put on Jack. Bit by bit we might be able to make him sweat.

I know u are no Jack supporter, and u want a change in the administration as much as anybody else here. But u must BE the change u want to see take effect. And that goes for all of us here, myself included. And it took an Englishman from Kent to take the lead in that regard.

Kentsoulman, great letter. Hopefully it will help spur all of us into action  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »

Doh waste yuh time son.

This is the prototypical trini answer. 'Jack eh go care so I not wasting my time'. So what if this letter can't bring down Jack? That's not the point. The fact is that the VAST majority of the T&T public have no clue about what going on. If this letter can open the eyes of of one additional person, then I believe it has served its purpose. This is more about getting the message out. The more people know the true story, the more pressure we can put on Jack. Bit by bit we might be able to make him sweat.

I know u are no Jack supporter, and u want a change in the administration as much as anybody else here. But u must BE the change u want to see take effect. And that goes for all of us here, myself included. And it took an Englishman from Kent to take the lead in that regard.

Kentsoulman, great letter. Hopefully it will help spur all of us into action  :beermug:

Allyuh now come in Trinidad football or what? So many times E-MAN post protests by players back in the day on this very forum, these from newspapers that every Dick and Harry does read, Jack make front page for all kinda football bacchanal , in 1992 there was even a Commission of enquiry into the Nov 19 ticket scandal.
What basis you using for the  Football Supporters not knowing about Jack ?
Big men try to go after the man empire and fail, people like Arthur Suite come to mind.
The clubs even tried to oust him in the 80's and he turn round and change the constitution, now he have TTFF set up like a private company with him paying all the directors.

Jack is a FIFA VP and now a MP he legitimises himself by spending the ill gotten gains.

This is a waste of time letter if it is expected to have any impact on TT football as it stands , if on the other hand is simply to vent then go right ahead..
The only way Jack getting out of TT football is through the inevitable. (I wish ah was an evil man)

This is the ultimate in frustration and that is why the TT public doh really take it on again.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:02:15 PM by fishs »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »

Doh waste yuh time son.

I think that is the prototypical Fishs answer...

and you are right 99% of the public is clueless as to what's really going on with football in TnT.  They eating Jack chain up and villifying Hunt for simply doing what he supposed to be doing.  Fishs claims the gov't are waggonists.... do we know what (if any) financial support the TTFF has gotten over the years?  I mean, the gov't has been aiding their bottom line by giving them use of the public stadia at a steep discount...that didn't just begin yesterday.  I would be willing to bet good money that the TTFF gets some sort of favorable tax rate as well.  In reality it's amazing to see the criticism heaped on the government... as though the TTFF is some extension of the Ministry of Sports...or some social programme that's being neglected.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »

Doh waste yuh time son.

I think that is the prototypical Fishs answer...

and you are right 99% of the public is clueless as to what's really going on with football in TnT.  They eating Jack chain up and villifying Hunt for simply doing what he supposed to be doing.  Fishs claims the gov't are waggonists.... do we know what (if any) financial support the TTFF has gotten over the years?  I mean, the gov't has been aiding their bottom line by giving them use of the public stadia at a steep discount...that didn't just begin yesterday.  I would be willing to bet good money that the TTFF gets some sort of favorable tax rate as well.  In reality it's amazing to see the criticism heaped on the government... as though the TTFF is some extension of the Ministry of Sports...or some social programme that's being neglected.

You need to be more specific, who yuh talking about ?
The football loving public or public in general ?
You will be totally wrong with the former and mildly correct with the latter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 12:18:23 PM »

The football "loving" public is but a tiny sliver of Trinidad on the whole... the public genuflections in the streets post-Germany notwithstanding.  So even if the football-loving public is knowledgeable they still remain a marginalized faction of the public on the whole... to whom my comments were directed.  Afte all, it was not the 'football-loving' public who booed Hunt at the England friendly on June 1st, was it?

Even among the 'football-loving' public, many are too caught up in watching trees to notice the forest.  If it ent happening in their neighborhood, if it ent happening with their club then dem ent business with de 'politics' of what going on upstairs.  So yes, even the football-loving public has its share of ignoramuses where this current mexican standoff between the Ministry and the TTFF... indeed with the whole post-Germany fallout is concerned.

All you have to do is read some of the statements on this very messageboard- which one can safely presume to be representative of the football-loving public in TnT, and you'd see the varying degree of misinformation that is rampant afoot.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:20:52 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 12:55:12 PM »

The football "loving" public is but a tiny sliver of Trinidad on the whole... the public genuflections in the streets post-Germany notwithstanding.  So even if the football-loving public is knowledgeable they still remain a marginalized faction of the public on the whole... to whom my comments were directed.  Afte all, it was not the 'football-loving' public who booed Hunt at the England friendly on June 1st, was it?

Even among the 'football-loving' public, many are too caught up in watching trees to notice the forest.  If it ent happening in their neighborhood, if it ent happening with their club then dem ent business with de 'politics' of what going on upstairs.  So yes, even the football-loving public has its share of ignoramuses where this current mexican standoff between the Ministry and the TTFF... indeed with the whole post-Germany fallout is concerned.

All you have to do is read some of the statements on this very messageboard- which one can safely presume to be representative of the football-loving public in TnT, and you'd see the varying degree of misinformation that is rampant afoot.

So given that reasoning this letter going to make a difference ?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »

[/b]

The response of the typical apathetic Trinbagonian. It is an enigma that so many Trinbagonians are educated but are as sharp as a door knob. FIsh being the latest example. Thank you Kentsoulman, very good letter. Drop by drop does break up concrete.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »

I'm not a psychic, so I can't answer that for you.  I at least applaud and support the effort... when you're ready with your contributions towards improving the situation let us know.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »
40 yr anniversary on d march in Washingthon and we wonderin what writin a letter go do. It have 2 start somewhere and a man in England willin 2 write ah letter fadder help oui
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>