April 19, 2024, 10:53:02 AM

Author Topic: TT Football Clubs in 80s/early 90s  (Read 9259 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TT Football Clubs in 80s/early 90s
« on: July 02, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »
Guys and Gals

Help meh out nah, was reminiscing w/one of meh boys de odder day regarding de good "ole" days when Barataria Ball Players would sweat Army and odder sides and ah was struggling to come up w/de full list of all league teams, these are the ones I remember, help meh out w/the odders:

Trintoc
Army
La Brea Angels
Coffee Giants
Port Fortin Civic Center
Barataria Ball Players

College, Coops, FF, and odders, you may remember de rest, musbe gehin ole, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: TT Football Clubs in 80s/early 90s
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »

Ah few more.....

Mayaro Utd.
Caroni
Carib Airport Authority
St. Francois Nationals
Arima Utd.
ECM Motown

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
Police
Peterborough
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »
if ah not mistaken, St. Francois Internationals in d Super League dis season ent? correct meh if ah wrong.

Bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
leeds, memphis, cocorite utd,
tacarigua utd

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 07:00:36 PM »
ASL Sports
Benefica
Blackpool
Carib FC
Challengers
Chatham Youth Camp
Concordians
Couva United
Ebonites
Elements
Essex
Falcons
Forest Reserve
Fulham
San Fernando Strikers
Tarouca United
TECSA
Telcos
Tesoro
Texaco
Trintopec
Tunapuna Modniks
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 07:03:02 PM »
Trintopec,
Rossi Elements

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 07:05:26 PM »
Superstar Rangers and Caledonia was around in the 90's

Incidentally up in the east Eddie Hart league had real teams playing U-14 right up.

Aston Villa,
Parliament
House of Dread
Trincity United
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Valiants
Coffeee Giants
Milan
Hurricanes
Dovers
Bossier Youths
Challengers
Essex
Tecsa
Benfica
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
Valiants
Coffeee Giants
Milan
Hurricanes
Dovers
Bossier Youths
Challengers
Essex
Tecsa
Benfica
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that was Lantern Giants; I played with Greyhound Dovers  for a short time; early 70's.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 07:20:29 PM »
ah reppin' the central crew

- Montrose United
- Leeds United

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »
You guys real good boy,you all brought back so much good memories with those names you all put out there,if my memory serves me right i've played against every one of those teams at some time,that's the amount of Football we used to play,i would like to add Carenage Utd,BP Palo Seco,Okalis.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:20:44 PM by Coop's »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
dat was in de days of the TTFA...ah hope allyuh realize all dem league buss up when the TTFF came around....allyuh remember when it used to have de Red Cross cup and interleague cup....de good ol days

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 08:14:48 PM »
dat was in de days of the TTFA...ah hope allyuh realize all dem league buss up when the TTFF came around....allyuh remember when it used to have de Red Cross cup and interleague cup....de good ol days

true dat.

it was best when it had the ol TTFA division 1 - 4 system. then all de smaller club in the regional small league.

i think is TTFF who start to zonal system...dominated in media coverage by the north zone when we had better team in central and south. scheups.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »

Ful real, tallman or someone else, what were the exact changes that took place when TTFF cam einto existence, were the TTFA teams allowed to join?  My history real fuzzy as at that pt. I saw meh side gehin mash up and ah jus culd not bodder wid de drama, kinda like a good few ah we rite now wid de politriks wid de senior squad.

As a yute growing up ah use to enjoy travellin de nation to watch ball players play, meh best memory is de 1-0 win vs Army in de mang (monkey goal) and de 6-0 thrashin of La Brea Angels also in de mang, college, yuh was on anyone of dese specific teams?  If somebody culd post some ole time fotos dat wuld be sweet
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 01:19:34 AM »
I aint see no body call the Malta Carib Alcons.   Allyuh really hate the corneals lol

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 04:55:52 AM »

Ful real, tallman or someone else, what were the exact changes that took place when TTFF cam einto existence, were the TTFA teams allowed to join?  My history real fuzzy as at that pt. I saw meh side gehin mash up and ah jus culd not bodder wid de drama, kinda like a good few ah we rite now wid de politriks wid de senior squad.

As a yute growing up ah use to enjoy travellin de nation to watch ball players play, meh best memory is de 1-0 win vs Army in de mang (monkey goal) and de 6-0 thrashin of La Brea Angels also in de mang, college, yuh was on anyone of dese specific teams?  If somebody culd post some ole time fotos dat wuld be sweet

Between 1974 and 1987, some 121 foreign teams visited Trinidad.
Some of these teams, ironically, were brought to the country by an organisation which the TTFA outlawed in 1981.
The body was called the Trinidad and Tobago Premier Soccer League (TTPSL) and it was the brainchild of businessman Arthur Suite. Inspired by good crowd support, Suite launched his league in March 1981, offering some $160,000 in prize money.
He also revealed that eight of the country’s top teams - Challengers, Essex, San Fernando Strikers, Essex, HAS Cocorite United, CCI Falcons, Ebonites, and his team ASL Sports would play in its first season.
The TTPSL then applied to the TTFA for associate membership which was promptly denied.
Warner suggested that the organisation was turning back the clock by centralizing the sport in Port of Spain. He stated that the League’s constitution was unacceptable and argued that under FIFA rules, it was a proprietary league and could not be entertained. He immediately banned all players, officials and others associated with the league from any relatiohsip with the governing body.
The teams which stayed in the TTFA’s National League were Defence Force, Memphis, Tesoro, Palo Seco, Police, Tarouca Utd, Maple, Malvern, Point Fortin Civic Centre, TESCA, Peterborough, Benefica, Telcos, Fulham, Jabloteh, Forest Reserve Police and Tesoro.

The following year, the TTPSL amended its constitution to come in line with the requirements of FIFA and were granted affiliate status by the TTFA.
Now called the Carib Professional league, it had grown from eight to twelve teams: BWIA ASL Sports , Strikers, Malvern, Memphis, Ebonites, Police, Modniks, Falcons, ECM Motown, Challengers, Essex and Cocorite United.
The TTFA competition which was called the Stag National Football league comprised 16 teams as follows: Jabloteh, Forest Reserve Estate Police, Maple, Defence Force, Palo Seco, Point Fortin Civic Centre, Leeds United , Tacarigua Utd, Caroni, Fulham, Peterborough, Concordians, Barataria Ball Players, Texaco, Benefica and Telcos.

And on December 8, 1983, an agreement was reached for one body - the Trinidad and Tobago Football league (TTFL) to replace the two rival leagues.
The new league included the top five teams from both PSL and NSL and were joined by the National Under 21 team for the season: BWIA ASL Sports Club, ECM Sports, Malvern, HAS Cocorite, KFC Memphis (PSL) and Defence Force, Tacarigua United, Forest Reserve Estate Police , Leeds United and Tesoro Palo Seco (NFL).

On January 14, 1985, Suite launched the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF). The Association responded by declaring the organisers persona non grata with its president Peter O Connor stating: “They can do it but they will not be part of international football.’ The TTFF was a direct rival to the Association and attempted to compete with it by playing a zonal competition instead of the national league. ASL won the north zone but there was none of the interest of the past years. Defence Force, as was expected dominated the TTFA’s National league
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »
Thanks Midnight

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »
caroni. i remember that side.

i know a fella who used to play for st. augustine and then went to play for them. i doh remember he surname. first name was ramesh.

mih uncle used to play for leeds.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 11:15:17 AM »

i know a fella who used to play for st. augustine and then went to play for them. i doh remember he surname. first name was ramesh.

Caroni used to have a good team,they had Devonish Paul national team Keeper,Leroy Spann,Andy and Brian Haynes just to name a few.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »
Memphis- Essex- Peterborough= Point Fortin Civic Center used to beat big sides with their fast attacking football.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:13 AM »

Incidentally up in the east Eddie Hart league had real teams playing U-14 right up.

Aston Villa,
Parliament
House of Dread
Trincity United

Dont forget the big side Brazil... form San Juan.... Even Trendsetters Hawks had a nice lil run at times in Eddie Hart.

Superstar Rangers was actually form the 80's... well they were called Rangers at first back then, played in all green
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:43:43 AM by College »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 05:18:18 PM »

Caroni used to have a good team,they had Devonish Paul national team Keeper,Leroy Spann,Andy and Brian Haynes just to name a few.

I played with Caroni we had about 5 Haynes brothers. Coops it was Frankie not Brian if I remember Brian came later. Finey was a boss goalkeeper, Casime Wright wide. Peter Mitchell and we also had Murren in the back line.
Good squad
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »

Aston Villa,
Parliament
House of Dread
Trincity United

Dont forget the big side Brazil... form San Juan.... Even Trendsetters Hawks had a nice lil run at times in Eddie Hart.

Superstar Rangers was actually form the 80's... well they were called Rangers at first back then, played in all green

I remember Trendsetter Hawks from Eddie Hart, they toped the U-16 league the couple of seasons when I was at BBP

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 06:48:56 PM »
Observer,
            I played against Casimir Wright when he was in Technical. very good mid-fielder. Cool with good ball control. Anybody know what ever happened to Sutherland, Ford, Mervyn Sirju, Degouville and Balfour??

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 10:55:07 PM »
bazilon and spain 82 from eddie hart league had some dread strikers.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 11:10:25 PM »

Aston Villa,
Parliament
House of Dread
Trincity United

I remember Trendsetter Hawks from Eddie Hart, they toped the U-16 league the couple of seasons when I was at BBP

brazil no doubt was a boss team more in the youth divs
best team was upstarts,
also tringrove, spain, santos, el dorado had a good run for a while also

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »

I played with Caroni we had about 5 Haynes brothers. Coops it was Frankie not Brian if I remember Brian came later. Finey was a boss goalkeeper, Casime Wright wide. Peter Mitchell and we also had Murren in the back line.
Good squad

Finey grow up down by me (ah know him since ah know mehself) and Cassimire Wright is meh cousin who ah did never see play,ah bredren see him and was so impressed he started calling me Cassimire yes, dat became one ah meh nickname yes (sorry ah just had to add dat when ah see he name).

Oh, trivia question, where is 'The Acre."
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »
Oukali's from de west.... Diggo to be exact. not sure about the Rangers forming in the 80's doh. I remember hearing about dem in the mid 70's.

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
Aranguez fotball leagure with Hillsdale with Biggart, Sean negative Pierre, Pope, Scooby,Bridgewater,Laird,Smallie, Ballplayers with Allabe, Gus rsp,Noel, jerry,Garfield Da Silva, Nacotics latas used sweet them, Survial, Bluffers, Petit Bourge Youths, Strollers, Unity      boy I remember them days like yesterday

1]; } ?>