April 20, 2024, 04:17:40 AM

Author Topic: Alvin Corneal...T&T football fans too bitter  (Read 12020 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Alvin Corneal...T&T football fans too bitter
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:49 AM »
Forumites..it was not available online... so as it raining I took my lunchtime to type it up and share this with alyuh.( I type it exact, errors included )

Trinidad Guardian Sports Section pg A38

By Alvin Corneal

...We Must Support the team win or loss

It is amazing how this country has been so gifted with football experts, exceeding the number who play and much more than there are coaches.

The bitterness in the comments by some of the fans after the home match against Bermuda on June 15, was certainly not the type of encouragement which the players needed to face the same opponent in their country.

The beauty of this scenario is that almost everyone had a different point of view on the same match, all believing that they were absolutely correct in their analysis.

Many of them predicted the away game as a defeat and exit from the competition at the early stage, while others were prepared to return to the drawing board of two years ago and fill the team with names of the Germany 2006 experience.

Logical evaluation was thrown through the window and some even challenged the coaching credibility of Francisco Maturana.

It's a great marvel what the price of a football ticket could encourage fans to say when the team does not get the result they wanted.

Strangely enough, few, if any, of these critics ventured to spend their money to make the trip to Bermuda to support the team. I suppose that they are not even aware that crowd support is usually the 12th player and could change results around in a most positive manner sometimes.

There is the thought that this country does not have the necessary players to qualify for a World Cup.

I wonder how many felt that we would have made it Germany, two years before the tournament finals.

Some of the critics even ventured into saying things about a performance which they had not seen.

The second result is now history and while most lovers of the sport were satisfied in the team's performance and appreciated the fact that they were able to qualify for the next round, the diehards have lost their patience in order to gain a result to the WC South Africa.

I was actually happy that I was present at the match, where tactical intelligence was at work and the ultimate result seemed not too far away as early as the first 20 minutes. The exchange of Darryl Roberts and Jerol Forbes for Stern John and Jason Scotland reduced the number of WC Germany squad participants, not even realising the fact that all of Edwards, Whitley, Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Scotland and John were part of the revolution where the opportunity of reliving and reproducing the play of the Soca Warriors seemed realistic.

It did not happen and it was difficult to understand the rationale behind turning the clock back by two years.

The Bermudans saw no problems in their coach indicating that his team will defend totally and allow the Soca Warriors to return home empty-handed.

Kenny Thompson's decision is rare in normal times, but certainly unusual in other situations.

The result was that Bermuda retained their half of the field solidly, offering T&T entry into that cluster of players to seep past their defence, a factor under normal circumstances, simply meant two teams using half of the field and engaging in an exercise of backs and forwards.

Darryl Roberts, whom the Bermudans did not know before that evening, together with Forbes, increased the speed barrier and shocked the heavy set defenders into a state of nervousness and forced errors, something which they were never faced with in Trinidad.

It took them just eight minutes to realise that when you are in battle, don't forget to throw punches, lest you end up with two blood shot eyes.

And thank God for the Bermuda keeper, as he was diving and throwing himself energetically to save what appeared to be certain goals in the first half. Unlike in Trinidad, the shooting was more accurate and the shooting gallery was not something that the Bermudans expected. When it was not a hustling Forbes, the shot-taking Roberts, Hyland, Edwards and Whitley, add the lanky Lawrence with his giraffe like headers, two of which came as close to scoring as one could imagine.

Bermuda did not have a single shot to goal in the first half, (because of their strange plan), neither did they appear to make an effort to develop any type of fluidity in their game. Despite the 15 minutes which they got at the interval, the scenario was the same. Maturana immediately moved into a variation as he patted Forbes on the back for his first half effort and taxed the experience of Stern John to show that he still got the ability to score goals. It took him 14 minutes and he headed in a perfect Daniel left-sided cross.

With a two goal lead and realising that Bermuda was a group which had lost its sense of urgency and had thrown their effort desperately to get a goal. It did not happen and this is more to the continued ploy of the Bermudans who lacked any level of cohesion among their players.

This is when the Soca Warriors drop their heads in anticipation of victory and looked awful for the final ten minutes of the match. That was as disturbing to me as losing the first leg of the match.

A basic fundamental in any sport is to be committed for the full period of time, and provide the support system for the balance of players in the team.

Looking to the future is now an extremely complex situation, especially where the Columbian had seen all the Pro League players over the past four months any various occasions, he has important decisions to make regarding the squad.

It is good sense for any coach to keep continuously in search of players who can bring a better quality of play to the team.

The experts are already chanting the names of the 2006 squad, a sign that spectators have been quick to revert to a period that was.

It was interesting to note that the famous Brazil had made their decision to thank a number of players, the likes of Roberto Carlos. Cafu, Ze Roberto, Dida, Ronaldo simply because the quality of play which has been demanded from these great players, are seemingly lost as the years rolled by.

It would be foolish to claim that the T&T squad is totally ready for the next hurdle. The ability of lack of it by the Bermuda is inadequate for a judgment call on the local lads because they won through to the next round.

It never is easy to determine whether the fans in this country love the sport or the money will come so long as the players work for it.

Am I been driven to believe that these critics do not really want this county to qualify, as we are able to see them become alarmingly critica, without contributing not much more than petty jealousies, while there are those who have volunteered their marketing services for players whom they perceive as solid contenders for the team.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin Corneal...T&T football fans too bitter
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:31 AM »
Well it is a pity that such maginificant tactics and startegy is not available in home games, only away games where no body else can see.

Believe corneal he is a FIFA football expert.
every story have 2 sides

I hear a man say certain men get drop because of bacanaal in the side off the field and in the first have we real miss some easy goals.

Corneal say we created many chances but was unluckly not to be leading by much.

I guess is the same story just how you look at it.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »
Talk to this man please local base ...  it is bermuda we just beat not el salvador or honduras but bermuda,,,, He was one ah the critics who come down on simones when we lost to martinique in the gold cup back in 2002... but going all out to defend a this coach who almost..$%^&*  >:(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »
Forumites..it was not available online... so as it raining I took my lunchtime to type it up and share this with alyuh.( I type it exact, errors included )

Trinidad Guardian Sports Section pg A38

By Alvin Corneal

...We Must Support the team win or loss

It is amazing how this country has been so gifted with football experts, exceeding the number who play and much more than there are coaches.

The bitterness in the comments by some of the fans after the home match against Bermuda on June 15, was certainly not the type of encouragement which the players needed to face the same opponent in their country.

The beauty of this scenario is that almost everyone had a different point of view on the same match, all believing that they were absolutely correct in their analysis.

Many of them predicted the away game as a defeat and exit from the competition at the early stage, while others were prepared to return to the drawing board of two years ago and fill the team with names of the Germany 2006 experience.

Logical evaluation was thrown through the window and some even challenged the coaching credibility of Francisco Maturana.

It's a great marvel what the price of a football ticket could encourage fans to say when the team does not get the result they wanted.

Strangely enough, few, if any, of these critics ventured to spend their money to make the trip to Bermuda to support the team. I suppose that they are not even aware that crowd support is usually the 12th player and could change results around in a most positive manner sometimes.

There is the thought that this country does not have the necessary players to qualify for a World Cup.

I wonder how many felt that we would have made it Germany, two years before the tournament finals.

Some of the critics even ventured into saying things about a performance which they had not seen.

The second result is now history and while most lovers of the sport were satisfied in the team's performance and appreciated the fact that they were able to qualify for the next round, the diehards have lost their patience in order to gain a result to the WC South Africa.

I was actually happy that I was present at the match, where tactical intelligence was at work and the ultimate result seemed not too far away as early as the first 20 minutes. The exchange of Darryl Roberts and Jerol Forbes for Stern John and Jason Scotland reduced the number of WC Germany squad participants, not even realising the fact that all of Edwards, Whitley, Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Scotland and John were part of the revolution where the opportunity of reliving and reproducing the play of the Soca Warriors seemed realistic.

It did not happen and it was difficult to understand the rationale behind turning the clock back by two years.

The Bermudans saw no problems in their coach indicating that his team will defend totally and allow the Soca Warriors to return home empty-handed.

Kenny Thompson's decision is rare in normal times, but certainly unusual in other situations.

The result was that Bermuda retained their half of the field solidly, offering T&T entry into that cluster of players to seep past their defence, a factor under normal circumstances, simply meant two teams using half of the field and engaging in an exercise of backs and forwards.

Darryl Roberts, whom the Bermudans did not know before that evening, together with Forbes, increased the speed barrier and shocked the heavy set defenders into a state of nervousness and forced errors, something which they were never faced with in Trinidad.

It took them just eight minutes to realise that when you are in battle, don't forget to throw punches, lest you end up with two blood shot eyes.

And thank God for the Bermuda keeper, as he was diving and throwing himself energetically to save what appeared to be certain goals in the first half. Unlike in Trinidad, the shooting was more accurate and the shooting gallery was not something that the Bermudans expected. When it was not a hustling Forbes, the shot-taking Roberts, Hyland, Edwards and Whitley, add the lanky Lawrence with his giraffe like headers, two of which came as close to scoring as one could imagine.

Bermuda did not have a single shot to goal in the first half, (because of their strange plan), neither did they appear to make an effort to develop any type of fluidity in their game. Despite the 15 minutes which they got at the interval, the scenario was the same. Maturana immediately moved into a variation as he patted Forbes on the back for his first half effort and taxed the experience of Stern John to show that he still got the ability to score goals. It took him 14 minutes and he headed in a perfect Daniel left-sided cross.

With a two goal lead and realising that Bermuda was a group which had lost its sense of urgency and had thrown their effort desperately to get a goal. It did not happen and this is more to the continued ploy of the Bermudans who lacked any level of cohesion among their players.

This is when the Soca Warriors drop their heads in anticipation of victory and looked awful for the final ten minutes of the match. That was as disturbing to me as losing the first leg of the match.

A basic fundamental in any sport is to be committed for the full period of time, and provide the support system for the balance of players in the team.

Looking to the future is now an extremely complex situation, especially where the Columbian had seen all the Pro League players over the past four months any various occasions, he has important decisions to make regarding the squad.

It is good sense for any coach to keep continuously in search of players who can bring a better quality of play to the team.

The experts are already chanting the names of the 2006 squad, a sign that spectators have been quick to revert to a period that was.

It was interesting to note that the famous Brazil had made their decision to thank a number of players, the likes of Roberto Carlos. Cafu, Ze Roberto, Dida, Ronaldo simply because the quality of play which has been demanded from these great players, are seemingly lost as the years rolled by.

It would be foolish to claim that the T&T squad is totally ready for the next hurdle. The ability of lack of it by the Bermuda is inadequate for a judgment call on the local lads because they won through to the next round.

It never is easy to determine whether the fans in this country love the sport or the money will come so long as the players work for it.

Am I been driven to believe that these critics do not really want this county to qualify, as we are able to see them become alarmingly critica, without contributing not much more than petty jealousies, while there are those who have volunteered their marketing services for players whom they perceive as solid contenders for the team.

Touches, i really dont know if to thank you or cuss you for your effort.. 

???

I really dont know if I can read many more contributions for this biased, self-deluded clown..

De man watch we do barely enough to get past BERMUDA, and write a long article of self-vindication yes?!

The man really trying hard to force de shit down people throat..

Imagine de man cite Brazil and totally ignore the circumstances under which the Soca Warriors was disbanded yes. As if it was some kinda conscious decision to wave dem goodbye because they wasnt performing.  Steupsss.

FYI Alvin... The difference between Brazil and the Soca Warriors is that the Soca Warriors exploits in Germany was viewed as extraordinary and a success.. On the contrary, Brazil's 2006 adventure was a downright failure hence the need for their revamp.

Eh touches, yuh really know how to chook fire dread..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »

I wonder where these comments were voiced.... :thinking:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

I wonder where these comments were voiced.... :thinking:
Just wave and say hello.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »
while most lovers of the sport were satisfied in the team's performance and appreciated the fact that they were able to qualify for the next round, the diehards have lost their patience in order to gain a result to the WC South Africa.

Guess he is mostly referring the sw.net and WN members...... Alvin......please stop posting this diahorea........
Warrior For Life !!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
Two things- Since Alvin is such a tactical genius , how is it that no Caribbean side has ever asked him to coach them.
 Secondly -he mentioned the 12th man - he needs to tell his boss that who is hell bent on taking away our home games.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »
Alyuh ent know how much I was reading this in disbelief this morning.

I say nah boy...I hadda let alyuh foreign based read this ting.

I still cyar get over the fact he wanted people to spend money and come Bermuda and talking bout 12th man...in a away game.  He talk bout Brazil and try to compare them to us.

He lash the whole forum with he opening line.

I cyar understand the ting with Forbes...from the commentators to Patriot say the man play la la but like that was part of the plan.

The man say we cyar judge vs Bermuda because we make it to the next phase....well yes...We lorse we home game to a jokey side and we cyar judge from that.

The man in he own realm yes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »
I would love for E-Man or Tallman or one of our other superheroes here on the site (their name end in man, nah) to pull up all the tripe Alvin write criticising every coach besides himself, that this nation ever had. Even when the team performance was miles better than the garbage he trying to defend.

Alvin never say nuttin good about any other coach, never.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:22:14 PM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 11:47:51 AM »
Well it is a pity that such maginificant tactics and startegy is not available in home games, only away games where no body else can see.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Hear nah but in seriousness.. alvin making me feel to vomit...

what ah two-face, fork-tongue HYPOCRITE!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »
This man is a jackass

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:08:44 PM »
This man is a jackass

The name Jackass is reserved for Jack Warner. Alvin is the tongue that lick the jackass  ::) ;D
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
This man is a jackass

The name Jackass is reserved for Jack Warner. Alvin is the tongue that lick the jackass  ::) ;D

TTcom I must correct you grammar here... That licks (as in continues to lick) the jackass.  Slight change but yuh still pass de test and get an A.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
I think the Guardian should allow space for a response to this rubbish, from the fans. So who is putting together the rebuttal?

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
I still dumbfounded by the complete and utter shit that man write there.......I eh even know what to say nah  ???
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »
Is Alvin peeps if he talk nonesense it woulda b Theodorre or Simon. Thanks Touches 4 givin up your lunch hr  keep us in form
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:42 PM »
Ho...........hum.  Fellas......Ladies.....I wish I could really say something that could help.  I done know LONG TIME (since I going QRC in the late 70's to mid 80's, in fact) that alvin corneal and his whole crew is a pack ah ass.  I more disappointed but not vex that some ah allyuh was even ginig him any kinda credibility or validation to this point that anything coming out he mouth now would surprise or disappoint allyuh.  I vex that allyuh have to be going tru dat now.  (See how I care fuh my people?  :))
  Aytime any ah allyuh see 'im anywhere in public, allyuh should jes' walk up to him, shake he hand, pat 'im on he back and tell 'im:
   Mr. Corneal, Sir, as a devoted and loyal fan of T&T football that has seen our beloved country produce so many talented players like yourself, it is very sad to see that you, one of our greatest players on the field, has grown so miserably into becoming one of the worst ambassadors of the sport and our country.   I would have never expected you to lower yourself in become the selfish, self-serving, divisive, despicable Cassius of a human being that you have become.  Please go and quietly live out your remaining days in Park's Nursing Home.  Jack will pick up the tab for you.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:06 PM »

Alvin damn right we BITTER. Side like Bermuda shoulda get 21 goal in each half.
The rest of the article apart from the headline is a family matter
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »
Touches thanks for posting that.

I haven't read it yet but the title give me a good laugh.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 01:05:45 PM »
I think the Guardian should allow space for a response to this rubbish, from the fans. So who is putting together the rebuttal?
Guardian will never print it.

I realize a while ago that anything anti-establishment not getting printed.

the Guardian is the TTFF mouthpiece
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »
Valentino wukin on d sequeal 2 from Zero 2 Hero all yuh expect negative from d Guardian
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
I would love for E-Man or Tallman or one of our other superheroes here on the site (their name end in man, nah) to pull up all the trip Alvin write criticising every coach besides himself, that this nation ever had. Even when the team performance was miles better than the garbage he tryign to defend.

It might be fun to read his whinery from when he was fired as coach back in 1990.

Corneal Lashes Out
Source: Jamaica Gleaner, page 13

Original Date: 1990-10-23
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Oct 22, CANA

DISMISSED national coach, Alvin Corneal has accused the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association of misleading the public about the reasons behind his sacking.

In a letter to the media, Corneal charged that statements offered by TTFA Vice-President Harold Taylor were unfounded. He said he was inclined to believe that he was dismissed for frank and honest evidence before the Commission of Enquiry.

"As to my dismissal, forgive me if I do not believe that the decision has anything to do with the reasons offered. I have heard rumours that my frank and honest evidence at the Football Commission has been just a bit more than some people could take," Corneal said in the letter made public this week.

He added, "If this is the case, I am sorry to hear their plight. I believe that it is my civic right to respond to a summons which was sent to me I answered the questions factually and supplied proof on most occasions."

Corneal, a former national player, said he considered his contribution to the enquiry to be in the interest of the public and never intended to cause pain to anyone.

A Commission of Enquiry was set up by Government to investigate overselling of tickets for last year's World Cup qualifying match between Trinidad and Tobago and the United States at the National Stadium on November 19.

At the time Corneal was serving in the capacity of Sports Advisor to the Ministry of Sports and was privy to the budget submitted in March, 1989. Submissions were made to the Ministry of Sport for funds by a World Cup Organising Committee on behalf of the T&TFA.

Corneal had appeared before the Commission on October 11, 1990 and produced evidence to show that the "Road To Italy" budget was inflated.

He reported that, "the airfares, hotel accommodation and other expenses quoted for overseas matches was a vast difference between the figures given in the budget and those obtained from two local travel agents."

In respect of hotel accommodation for overseas matches, the World Cup committee presented a figure of TT 112,000 dollars while Corneal claimed in his calculations that it was just over TT 35,300 dollars.

Said Corneal, "I based my figures on the fact that we were taking a normal national team. The first thing is there is hardly any likehood, unless somebody wants to be absolutely extravagant, to have one player per room. Usually coaches place two or three players to a
room."

In his letter, Corneal also revealed that the "Revenge Game" against the United States, which was played in North Carolina on Saturday, September 15, was arranged without the knowledge of the managerial and technical staff.

"This match had been advertised all across North Carolina for just over two months and I, as national coach, was unaware of it. I called the TTFA secretariat, especially assistant secretary Clarence Moe, who confirmed that he did not know anything about the match and this was up to August 7," Corneal said.

Corneal said on his return home from a lecture/coaching stint in the United States, he called for an urgent meeting to unearth details and it was then that TTFA President Peter O'Connor said he had arranged the match since his trip to Italy during the World Cup.

Corneal said he was promised a reason, within four days, why the Trinidad team was committed to the game but he did not get it.

He also defended his decision as national coach to declare matches against Cameroon and the Soviet Union as "unacceptable." "I am trying to build a team for the future and any sensible football enthusiast would understand that this is not the time to face world class teams like Cameroon and Soviet Union. When we play those teams, we want to be in with a chance to force their best performances with a squad that is physically and mentally ready," he remarked.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 02:35:12 PM by E-man »

Offline TTR- 78 Batch

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »

PETTY JEALOUSIES?

IT SOUND LIKE THAT ARTICLE IS MORE ABOUT MAKING A PERSONAL JUSTIFICATION RATHER THAN  PROFESSIONAL. I WONDER WHO CORNEAL THINK DIE HARD WARRIORS FANS JEALOUSING RIGHT ABOUT NOW

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »
Alyuh ent know how much I was reading this in disbelief this morning.

I say nah boy...I hadda let alyuh foreign based read this ting.

I still cyar get over the fact he wanted people to spend money and come Bermuda and talking bout 12th man...in a away game.  He talk bout Brazil and try to compare them to us.

He lash the whole forum with he opening line.

I cyar understand the ting with Forbes...from the commentators to Patriot say the man play la la but like that was part of the plan.

The man say we cyar judge vs Bermuda because we make it to the next phase....well yes...We lorse we home game to a jokey side and we cyar judge from that.

The man in he own realm yes.

Ever since I always wanted to know how people does pull that off. Being so stone cold wrong and so boldface about it you start to question other people credentials. I really scratch meh head wid dat one.

Alvin forgetting that some people like myself spent nearly 1000 red in the month of June to see their 'national' team play . That alone should qualify us to say that it was wrong to make those drastic changes to the setup for the first time in a competitive match. I supposed we are wrong to question the squad selection too.

We supposed to travel to Bermuda to play twelfth man too. *Big loud nasty steups*

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
Corneal Lashes Out
Source: Jamaica Gleaner, page 13

Original Date: 1990-10-23
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Oct 22, CANA

DISMISSED national coach, Alvin Corneal has accused the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association of misleading the public about the reasons behind his sacking.

He also defended his decision as national coach to declare matches against Cameroon and the Soviet Union as "unacceptable." "I am trying to build a team for the future and any sensible football enthusiast would understand that this is not the time to face world class teams like Cameroon and Soviet Union. When we play those teams, we want to be in with a chance to force their best performances with a squad that is physically and mentally ready," he remarked.
WIM, dais you?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
I would love for E-Man or Tallman or one of our other superheroes here on the site (their name end in man, nah) to pull up all the tripe Alvin write criticising every coach besides himself, that this nation ever had. Even when the team performance was miles better than the garbage he trying to defend.

I have more confidence in the present crop of available players making it through to the finals than the previous group of players, if they are properly prepared and given sufficient international friendlies prior to the preliminary matches.
Never change a winning team

Among those overlooked he said was CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Kerry Baptiste and United States-based Osei Telesford whom he described as better than any defender on the TT team.  He pointed to striker Cornell Glen who he said has done nothing to deserve a pick after being left out for so long. Corneal also charged that David Atiba Charles, Brent Sancho and Anthony Rougier would not be on his team for the World Cup Finals.
Corneal concerned about timing

Defending Anton
Results fail to tell full story...Bid for U-20 World Cup glory crashes

Fired for trying to sabotage Porterfield
Trinidad bring in Simoes as technical director

TSTT cut T&TFF - Two Warners fingered in La Foucade sacking.
By Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express)

September 28, 2002

FIFA vice-president and ex-Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special advisor Jack Warner still figures prominently in local football matters despite his claim to have severed ties with the T&TFF last December.
And it was the names of two Warners that popped up yesterday afternoon at Goodwood Park, where Dion La Foucade attempted to clear the air on his dismissal from the post of Trinidad and Tobago national under-17 coach.
Sixteen-year-old defender Jamal Warner, the son of the FIFA bigwig and Joe Public club owner, is an unknown in Trinidad and Tobago football circles but this is likely to change after La Foucade hinted yesterday that he may have played a role in his dismissal, which was announced by the T&TFF on Thursday evening.
At a loss to explain why he was relieved of his duties after six weeks in charge, La Foucade speculated that the reduction of his team from 40 to 25 players on Sunday might have been an issue.
“I find it strange that after naming the 25 players on Sunday I was removed as coach,” said La Foucade. “I don't know if that has something to do with it.”
He confirmed that one absentee from his final squad was Warner’s son, Jamal.
Young Warner's omission was overturned yesterday by the present national under-17 technical staff, headed by Ron La Forest, who also coaches at Joe Public.
La Forest, who was assisted by team administrator Rudy Roberts and goalkeeping coach Michael McComie, selected Jamal on an 18-man team to face Barbados from 3 p.m. today at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar.
T&TFF president Oliver Camps refused comment on La Foucade’s dismissal, while efforts to contact Warner or an appropriate T&TFF representative also proved futile, partly because the T&TFF phones had been disconnected. A source told the Express that the T&TFF phone line had been cut for the past two weeks due to an outstanding bill in the range of $18,000.
Again, Camps protested his ignorance of that matter. “Check (general secretary) Mr (Richard) Groden on that,” said the T&TFF president. “I just come back from Tobago.”
T&TFF technical special advisor Alvin Corneal was available, though, and insisted that the decision to dismiss La Foucade was taken for tactical reasons.
“It was a collective decision to use someone more experienced,” said Corneal. “La Foucade’s turn will come... We need a more experienced coach to deal with this team.”
It was Corneal who broke the news to La Foucade on Thursday in a meeting at the T&TFF office which included Camps, Groden, CONCACAF youth director Keith Look Loy and Warner.
La Foucade said he was about to begin training when he was summoned to the T&TFF headquarters.
He was adamant that the reasons given did not properly explain his dismissal, particularly as it came six weeks after he was hired by Warner and before he had led the team into their first official friendly match.
In his spell at the helm, he claimed to have screened 700 players nationwide, while the team lost one of four training matches against various under-20 squads and the national women’s outfit.
“I was told that I don’t have the experience to work with the present under-17 players, which I find very, very strange,” said La Foucade, who runs his own coaching school for youngsters. “I have travelled around the world doing courses. I am maybe one of the most qualified coaches in the Caribbean... “How am I supposed to get experience if I am not given an opportunity?” But Corneal countered that the T&TFF had merely saved La Foucade from himself.
The FIFA technical advisor explained that most of La Foucade’s previous work had been with children and he was incapable of handling a post previously held by ex-Nigerian national coach Adegboye Onigbinde and former Brazilian national youth coach Rene Simoes.
Corneal also claimed that La Foucade had been having trouble dealing with the players and their parents but did not give names or specific details.
“I am not one to set you up to fail and then blame you,” he said. “I do not know why he felt he was fired but it might have been saving him from himself. We had highly qualified coaches with previous under-17 teams and that is telling you the value of the under-17 team...
“We would have been throwing him to the wolves.”

But La Foucade insisted that, after being selected in the first place, he at least deserved a chance to show what he could do.
“I feel very, very disheartened because I feel I have something to offer to the country,” said La Foucade. “And the manner in which I was removed was very, very hurtful to me...
“If they wanted to remove me as coach they could have at least waited until my first official game and then look at the outcome before they removed me.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »
TSTT cut T&TFF - Two Warners fingered in La Foucade sacking.
By Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express)

September 28, 2002

Corneal also claimed that La Foucade had been having trouble dealing with the players and their parents but did not give names or specific details.
“I am not one to set you up to fail and then blame you,” he said. “I do not know why he felt he was fired but it might have been saving him from himself. We had highly qualified coaches with previous under-17 teams and that is telling you the value of the under-17 team...
“We would have been throwing him to the wolves.”[/b]
But La Foucade insisted that, after being selected in the first place, he at least deserved a chance to show what he could do.
“I feel very, very disheartened because I feel I have something to offer to the country,” said La Foucade. “And the manner in which I was removed was very, very hurtful to me...
“If they wanted to remove me as coach they could have at least waited until my first official game and then look at the outcome before they removed me.”
The TTFF have the market cornered on GOOD BAD WEED or what??
How they could fire the man BEFORE his first Game.
He must have told the Morons at the TTFF to HASFDAAFH
BWDMCDBWWSP in trute....as meh newfie pardna would say....."Lard Tundering cheese Us"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:20:55 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »
Ah first started reading dis bout lunch time....ah tried not to get mih self worked up then and enjoy mih lunch....

Now ah tired, sleepy and eh know what time ah leaving work.....and ah come back here and read dis....and mih feelings still de same from earlier when ah was trying not to get indigestion, and now when ah only want to fall down in mih bed....

MR. CORNEAL SIR, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT.....HAUL YUH %@$%@$!!!....  >:( >:(

Damn fast, bold and out of place to tell me how I eh supposed to be blasted vex with you and junior and de shyte all yuh carrying on with......

SSSSSSTTTTEEEEUUUUPPPPPSSSS!!!!!!..... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>