March 29, 2024, 07:20:48 AM

Author Topic: NO Stern...NO Scotty...  (Read 2822 times)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
NO Stern...NO Scotty...
« on: July 05, 2008, 01:18:19 AM »
and NO Kenwyne fuh the nex couple games....so why dey eh considering Sealy? Like dey fuhget he or wuh?? How allyuh feel he chances lookin??

Dallas 1 - 1 Kansas City

FRISCO, Texas -- Abe Thompson's header one minute into stoppage time allowed FC Dallas to salvage a 1-1 draw against the Kansas City Wizards on Friday at Pizza Hut Park.
Thompson received a feed from halftime substitution Eric Avila in front of the net and headed his shot past Kansas City goalkeeper Kevin Hartman in the 91st minute. Avila, who was credited with his first career assist, had taken a short ball from Marcelo Saragosa before delivering the cross in front to Thompson.

"I checked back to receive the ball fairly deep and saw Celo (Saragosa) get the ball out to (Avila)," Thompson said. "My run was coming from deep back and (the Wizards) didn't have anyone tracking me, so I was able to slip into a gap and get in behind them."

The draw moved FC Dallas (4-6-6) into a tie for fourth place in the Western Conference with Chivas USA, which plays a home match on Saturday against San Jose. Kansas City (4-5-5) remained at the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings.

Kansas City gained the advantage in the 39th minute after Scott Sealy accepted a feed from Claudio Lopez and beat goalkeeper Dario Sala on a 12-yard shot that sailed just inside the right post.
Sealy's tally ended a string of 448 consecutive minutes without an offensive goal for Kansas City. The Wizards' only tally in that stretch came on an own goal against the Los Angeles Galaxy.

"We had a ton of chances to put the game away, and our inability to do that cost us at the end," Kansas City coach Curt Onalfo said. "Basically, we were outstanding for 91 minutes. We've given up very few goals in our last few games and we were three minutes away from a shutout, but you can't put your defense under that kind of pressure for that many minutes."

Sala had been successful on two Wizards' shot prior to that, including a 30-yard blast from Kurt Morskink at just over the 30-minute mark. FC Dallas (4-6-6) also had three shots on goal in the first half - two from Kenny Cooper and one from Juan Toja.

Cooper had his first shot on goal denied by Hartman in the 12th minute, and Toja had a 30-foot launch stopped by Hartman in the 27th minute. Shortly before the halftime whistle, Toja sent a through-ball into the box for Cooper, but Hartman intercepted the chance.

"It's frustrating because this is not the first time we've blown a lead," Hartman said. "We need to do a better job of defending a lead, killing off games and being more mature about our soccer. We had three points in our hand and just gave it away."

Hartman wound up with five saves on a total of 17 shots faced, including six on goal. Sala made two saves on Kansas City's 12 shots.

FC Dallas had two almost sure-fire opportunities at goals nullified by offside calls in the second half. In the 57th minute, Kansas City defender Jimmy Conrad was about to be penalized for a handball in the box, but the play was ruled offside right before the infraction was whistled.

Then 20 minutes later, Hartman mishandled a shot from Toja at the edge of the goal area and Cooper knocked in the loose ball after a quick charge in front. Once again, however, the linesman ruled the play offside.

"My thinking was, 'How could that be offside when the goalie knocked it down?' I don't know," FC Dallas coach Schellas Hyndman said. "All I can say is the referee and the linespeople are in a much better position to see that than me, so I have to trust their integrity.

"I'm as happy I can be with one point, but I don't think we played very well as a team. The exciting thing is that I think there is room for improvement. That's my objective as a coach."

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/report?id=237850&cc=5901
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:25:19 AM by breezers »
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NO Stern...NO Scotty...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:28:47 AM »
To me Seally is just not that good.  I dont think he much to improve.  He is what he is.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »
Me eh no Sealy fan sorry Patriot but if dey can play Forbes give d man a call up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:19:22 AM »
Me eh no Sealy fan sorry Patriot but if dey can play Forbes give d man a call up

Agreed, in the squad of ~ 23 for training
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:51:54 AM »
To me Seally is just not that good.  I dont think he much to improve.  He is what he is.

To each his own, but the man is a genuine goal poacher. We doh have many of those in Trinidad right now...or ever.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
Too many strikers- we are looking for defence players.
 Scottyin the same mold as stern/scotty. We need pace a la cornell glen. roberts.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »
Puzzling because I could have sworn sealey was a corneal boy.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
sealy plays arite for KC but has he ever really performed for the national team? nope

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 08:11:16 PM »
sealy plays arite for KC but has he ever really performed for the national team? nope

because he doh get much playin time.plus... most time who he up front with? the man is a goal scorer.no passes,no goals.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 08:19:34 PM »
D fella had he chance v B'dos and it was real pepto bismo after 4 me if u cyah impress v B'dos I sorry he went CIC so dat is y he must not b a Corneal boy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>