April 25, 2024, 06:55:38 PM

Author Topic: JW to solve Africa's Problems ??  (Read 1680 times)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JW to solve Africa's Problems ??
« on: July 05, 2008, 03:52:47 AM »
Jack deserves more respect-Letter to the Editor

Saturday, July 5 2008 (Newsday)

THE EDITOR: I was in for a pleasant surprise recently while listening to a BBC radio programme on the civil unrest in Africa. According to the analysis, the countries in turmoil say, Zimbabwe, Somalia and Kenya seem unable to resolve their internecine disputes. The reason being, their self-inflicted tribal wounds are too deep to heal.

Now, the closest rival to this insanity I can think of is India during the mid-19th century when every Monday morning the rajahs and the nawabs were ready to chop off each other heads over two farm animals – the sacred and the unclean.

What saved their devout necks was Britain who had been quietly erecting military outposts along the Malabar Coast to protect their silver reserves for the day’s haggling of silk, spice, tea and opium.

And as no one dared attack these coastal trading states, Pondicherry saw the wisdom in offering their finest ivory to the British.

Next to follow was Mysore with their cumin; then Jaipur with their basmati, until Union Jacks and garrisons were all over the place with Clive placating the insurgents, Hastings negotiating the accords and Lord Canning conducting the road show as viceroy of India. That, in a nutshell was how the blood baths and the jihads came to an end – which then raised the question about Africa.

“Why not invite a cadre of respected blacks from outside to help broker some sort of détente? They are the only ones detached enough to be trusted,” commented one panelist.

“Well, can you give us some formidable names from the Diaspora,” the BBC moderator asked, “who can command a ceasefire?”

Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice were among the first high-powered negotiators short-listed but the five names that ended up at the top of the heap were – civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, Nobel laureate Toni Morrison, social activist Harry Belafonte, poet/playwright Maya Angelou, and Jack Warner, FIFA vice-president.

Immediately the thought, “A prophet is never honoured in his own country,” flashed through my mind.

For while Jack is being revered by the international community, back home, we Trinis have one mission – to drag him through the mud and down into the sewer with us. Poor Jack. I could just hear him muttering, “Almighty F-f-father, all I’m asking is – please try and keep your Son far away from these p-p-people!”

JEROME AUDAIN
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:26:18 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: JW to solve Africa's Problems ??
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:21:03 AM »

THE EDITOR: I was in for a pleasant surprise recently while listening to a BBC radio programme on the civil unrest in Africa. According to the analysis, the countries in turmoil say, Zimbabwe, Somalia and Kenya seem unable to resolve their internecine disputes. The reason being, their self-inflicted tribal wounds are too deep to heal.

Now, the closest rival to this insanity I can think of is India during the mid-19th century when every Monday morning the rajahs and the nawabs were ready to chop off each other heads over two farm animals – the sacred and the unclean.

What saved their devout necks was Britain who had been quietly erecting military outposts along the Malabar Coast to protect their silver reserves for the day’s haggling of silk, spice, tea and opium.

And as no one dared attack these coastal trading states, Pondicherry saw the wisdom in offering their finest ivory to the British.

Next to follow was Mysore with their cumin; then Jaipur with their basmati, until Union Jacks and garrisons were all over the place with Clive placating the insurgents, Hastings negotiating the accords and Lord Canning conducting the road show as viceroy of India. That, in a nutshell was how the blood baths and the jihads came to an end – which then raised the question about Africa.

“Why not invite a cadre of respected blacks from outside to help broker some sort of détente? They are the only ones detached enough to be trusted,” commented one panelist.

“Well, can you give us some formidable names from the Diaspora,” the BBC moderator asked, “who can command a ceasefire?”

Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice were among the first high-powered negotiators short-listed but the five names that ended up at the top of the heap were – civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, Nobel laureate Toni Morrison, social activist Harry Belafonte, poet/playwright Maya Angelou, and Jack Warner, FIFA vice-president.

Immediately the thought, “A profiteer is never honoured in his own country,” flashed through my mind.

For while Jack is being revered by the international community, back home, we Trinis have one mission – to drag him through the mud and down into the sewer with us. Poor Jack. I could just hear him muttering, “Almighty F-f-father, all I’m asking is – please try and keep your Son far away from these p-p-people!”

JEROME AUDAIN

fixed it for him.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:22:34 AM »
Good one,i like this,good read it's so true.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »
If Jack Warner is a prophet Basdeo Panday is the Pope.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:03:36 AM »

Immediately the thought, “A prophet is never honoured in his own country,” flashed through my mind.

JEROME AUDAIN

Now the first two names are reasonably good. The next 5 is an absolute joke. Jesse Jackson is nothing but a shakedown artist similar to Jack he goes from company to company in the US threatening to target them for racial protests if they dont come up with the necessary cash to stop such protests. Hmmm sounds like Jack to me......Toni Morrison hailed Clinton, friend of William Fullbright, the avowed,unrerpentant racist, the first black president, Harry Belafonte, the so-called black activist, well his wife is white, so that supremely qualifies him, the lover of Chavez , who denies his people the right to vote and wants to run venezuela as his own fifedom....Jack again,is nothing but memory trying to revive itself. Maya angelou the poet, not a bad person but not a leader and last but not least Jack Warner. The less said the better. I can bet this Jerome Audain is  civil servant looking for handouts ala all the Jack backers because they have neither the initiative nor the ambition to better themselves so they hope Jack reads one of their wutless articles and offer them something...anything.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »
Chow, maybe "crook" is more appropriate.
Then again that word would not include HOW he also treats people.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:24 AM »
This article is a healthy serving of smouldering, sweltering horseshit.  In THIS day and age people still talking about the British presence in India as some kind of saving grace for savage tribalism, and African conflicts as entirely self-inflicted? Steups.

The author was right about one thing though, Mr. Warner would be a great choice to broker settlements. No doubt he have some tremendous management and negotiating skills, he could see opportunity and pay off where others see only despair and he  not taking no for an answer. Jack ent no easy customer. At this stage Jack could use his gifts to do a little non-reciprocal good in the world, and bring a different perspective to the table than the academic, beaurocratic angle that Rice or Powell would bring.

For all his faults Warner is a very talented man. When he ready to create a legacy for himself other than making money the world could really use a man like him.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:47:08 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »
This article is a healthy serving of smouldering, sweltering horseshit.  In THIS day and age people still talking about the British presence in India as some kind of saving grace for savage tribalism, and African conflicts as entirely self-inflicted? Steups.

The author was right about one thing though, Mr. Warner would be a great choice to broker settlements. No doubt he have some tremendous management and negotiating skills, he could see opportunity and pay off where others see only despair and he  not taking no for an answer. Jack ent no easy customer. At this stage Jack could use his gifts to do a little non-reciprocal good in the world, and bring a different perspective to the table than the academic, beaurocratic angle that Rice or Powell would bring.

For all his faults Warner is a very talented man. When he ready to create a legacy for himself other than making money the world could really use a man like him.

But Coop's say he like it... how yuh go call it dat??

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 09:54:43 AM »

JEROME AUDAIN

Now the first two names are reasonably good. The next 5 is an absolute joke. Jesse Jackson is nothing but a shakedown artist similar to Jack he goes from company to company in the US threatening to target them for racial protests if they dont come up with the necessary cash to stop such protests. Hmmm sounds like Jack to me......Toni Morrison hailed Clinton, friend of William Fullbright, the avowed,unrerpentant racist, the first black president, Harry Belafonte, the so-called black activist, well his wife is white, so that supremely qualifies him, the lover of Chavez , who denies his people the right to vote and wants to run venezuela as his own fifedom....Jack again,is nothing but memory trying to revive itself. Maya angelou the poet, not a bad person but not a leader and last but not least Jack Warner. The less said the better. I can bet this Jerome Audain is  civil servant looking for handouts ala all the Jack backers because they have neither the initiative nor the ambition to better themselves so they hope Jack reads one of their wutless articles and offer them something...anything.
       Don't try to hide what you want to say,the reason for all this is because all these people black,i don't know if you are black but you will only hear things like this coming from black people like ourselves,the same people that stands up for us we try our best to bring them down,just remember it ain't have a white man standing up for us but we does humble ourselves to them,you see how we love our new minister of sport somebody said it's the best minister we ever had.     

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »

Don't try to hide what you want to say,the reason for all this is because all these people black,i don't know if you are black but you will only hear things like this coming from black people like ourselves,the same people that stands up for us we try our best to bring them down,just remember it ain't have a white man standing up for us but we does humble ourselves to them,you see how we love our new minister of sport somebody said it's the best minister we ever had.     

Two things or maybe three.......1)In no part of this world except of course in T&T with its multifaceted prejudices and racial awreness-on-steroids, can Hunt be called a whiteman.2) Our best sports minister so far without a doubt was Manoharsingh. He can only be relieved of that title if Hunt brings Warner down and forces him to leave our football alone. 3) Yes I am black but also i never look at the world with rose-tinted glasses or make excuses for any of my failures, it is part of life. I call it as I see it not as i want to see it. The only highly organsied and successful black administrators I see are evangelical christian pastors. Even black muslims take second and third place to their arab and indian counterparts. Who or which admin is overseeing the breakneck speed at which T&T is heading toward failed-state status. Jack Warner has already accomplished that for us in our football. So we could say he is ahead of the game. Btw so is Mugabe!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
People at home always dragging JW through the mud. What kind of assinine statement is that. 

So JW is Robin Hood in reverse and we should be fine with that?

Why we need a white man (what ever that is) standing up for us, and who will he stand up against, the black man? Look JW say Hunt is a white man, and Hunt trying to stand up for we. What about Andrew Jennings showing JW underhanded dealing and JW being violent with him making racist remarks to him.

All JW saving his we money in he off shore bank accounts. Give me a break.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 11:00:11 PM »
Jack name is mud no need 2 drag it through d mud
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>