April 26, 2024, 07:03:57 AM

Author Topic: Have you been bullied/ prevented from expressing your opinion on the forum?..  (Read 10319 times)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

report it to FABA(Forum Anti-Bullying Association)

AWATT has taken a back seat and moving with modern times where many posters have been prevented from expressing their opinions and are bullied into believing they don't deserve one, FABA has been formed to offer redress, solace and in serious cases, retribution.

Just include a link to the thread where you have been bullied and let FABA do the rest.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bullies lik d poor will always b wit us cyber bullies are even more pathetic so nuff pathethic men around here
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

report it to FABA(Forum Anti-Bullying Association)

AWATT has taken a back seat and moving with modern times where many posters have been prevented from expressing their opinions and are bullied into believing they don't deserve one, FABA has been formed to offer redress, solace and in serious cases, retribution.

Just include a link to the thread where you have been bullied and let FABA do the rest.
     FLi ! you make me laugh with this one,do you really expect to get a response to this?i think already people rather just not to post and avoid the embarrassment,my feelings are i think we can say the things we want to say without attacking each other,it's all about ones views/opinions/perspective.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well....if yuh feel like yuh being bullied on de forum, yuh could start to align yuh self wit one of the few influential factions on here: yuh could prostrate yuh self start kissin' up to de "intelectual crew" dat like to play big man on campus, or yuh could denigrate yuh self and line up wit de manUre crew (some ah de biggest bullies) or yuh could levitate yuh self and shoot fuh de stars by joinin' wit de:

MU HA HA!!!!

;D

We ain't exactly ms-13, bloods, crips, aryan, latin kings or cholos......but thru tribalism and not-so-easy shanking, we protect our own same way.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 07:14:19 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
This really is the off season...
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Alberta and TI is men get nuff bobolising in here and it ent stop they post count from being higher than than the average bear...

That said, for those who ent ketch it, I think Fli was being facetious... ::)

Either that or he get traumatise by the Adebayor incident... :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

FLi ! you make me laugh with this one,do you really expect to get a response to this?i think already people rather just not to post and avoid the embarrassment,my feelings are i think we can say the things we want to say without attacking each other,it's all about ones views/opinions/perspective.

Just a wild guess... but, sarcasm isn't your strong suit, is it?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Well....if yuh feel like yuh being bullied on de forum, yuh could start to align yuh self wit one of the few influential factions on here: yuh could prostrate yuh self start kissin' up to de "intelectual crew" dat like to play big man on campus, or yuh could denigrate yuh self and line up wit de manUre crew (some ah de biggest bullies) or yuh could levitate yuh self and shoot fuh de stars by joinin' wit de:

MU HA HA!!!!

;D

We ain't exactly ms-13, bloods, crips, aryan, latin kings, TTFF/JW or cholos......but thru tribalism and not-so-easy shanking, we protect our own same way.  ;D

Fix it for you.  ;)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This really is the off season...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ENT!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Alyuh men is kicks yes...

When man gettin yuh vex here...after yuh try with about 3 post to be diplomatic yuh must just tell them HYMC and f**k YOU!

Dey does take it nice after.

That said I usually express my thoughts based on the amount of free time I have....or if somebody talk a good pile and I hadda let them know what time it is.

But Usually I Let plenty ting slide.

I think we real tolerant and let everyone have they say ....eg we let number 1 trinba, rf, lionpaw, ja2099 etc and trini/bajanscout talk they ting

But this is the cyber rum shop dont let this ting bother you...then again people does come here for therapy.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah-ah f-feel ah have some confidence now to admit that somebody call mih ah bad name once  :'(

Thank you FABA
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 11:46:14 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

@ this whole thread....laawwd aye... :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fli, what about an association where forumites could provide alerts about a poster who didn't get enough licks for posting a certain level of dotishness.....

Ever thought about forming a division within FABA, possibly called DODACO? (Department of Deserved Additional Cuss Out).... I know the mission statement might be a bit contra to FABA, but the service is just as valuable and needed on here at times......

Example, Zeppo could use some more licks here:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=36606.0

Thanks in advance for your consideration

Kicker

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
mid-year nomination for best-thread of the year  :justkidding:...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
applause all rong ... :applause: ... this is just outrageous and funny no end  ...

well between a proper HYMC and human rights intervention  ... hands down it hadda be H-H-H-HYMC!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 12:26:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
AB. Trini is ah bully.. he call meh ah dunce for not understanding one ah dem long winded, resurrections..  :D

but on a serious note..

allyuh must just learn to give as good as yuh get..

nobody cyah bully yuh online. nobody cyah lash yuh or tief yuh lunch money so whaz de problem?

if yuh smart yuh go realize men who engage in that kinda folly just using this forum as ah means to vent dey own personal insecurities and weaknesses..

take for example..

imagine if yuh have ah man went st. augustine senior comp but was the biggest nerd in that school.. and yuh know dem fellahs doh ramp nice at all... Now just picture the amount ah hard clout and ruff up dat used to get in school on ah daily basis.. that is plenty pent up emotional abuse yuh watching there..

so wha yuh feel go happen.. he must jump on the forum every day to try and attack any and everybody at will..

ah so it go.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
AB. Trini is ah bully.. he call meh ah dunce for not understanding one ah dem long winded, resurrections..  :D

but on a serious note..

nobody cyah bully yuh online. nobody cyah lash yuh or tief yuh lunch money so whaz de problem?

if yuh smart yuh go realize men who engage in that kinda folly just using this forum as ah means to vent dey own personal insecurities and weaknesses..

take for example..

imagine if yuh have ah man went st. augustine senior comp but was the biggest nerd in that school.. and yuh know dem fellahs doh ramp nice at all... Now just picture the amount ah hard clout and ruff up dat used to get in school on ah daily basis.. that is plenty pent up emotional abuse yuh watching there..

so wha yuh feel go happen.. he must jump on the forum every day to try and attack any and everybody at will..

ah so it go.

Yuh campaigning wid specificity ... I thought this was the friendly fire thread ??? ...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile

but on a serious note..

take for example..

ah so it go.

Omar help meh out here..i feel is  a typo..but is either u saying Your MAN went gustine and was a bobolee or yuh confessing you use to get calpat in compre..lol
either way this not the best place for confessions.
 :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Omar help meh out here..i feel is  a typo..but is either u saying Your MAN went gustine and was a bobolee or yuh confessing you use to get calpat in compre..lol

thats the dialect shortened version of 'ah man who went'..

you going and bouf me for grammar too?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
* Munches popcorn*
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:applause:

Man iz get too tie up wid who feel dey bright, and who say what and how dey say it..it doh make a difference....

One thing I come tuh real appreciate on this forum is that  there is collective wealth of knowledge on here....and yuh could learn alot by either layin' low and just reading, postin' nonsense and having another poster pull up yuh socks or by doing a lil research before yuh post on a thread (Unlike some, I eh have no issues wid a poster who uses wiki & google to find the facts and then come and post because yuh hadda learn sometime, somewhere and somehow...and if yuh memory bad, nuttin' wrong wid a lil refresh- dais the power of the internet.)....and if yuh hold a lil verbal blowout in the midst of the learning process...oh well.....iz a cool scene still.

But Fli seriously consider my earlier post nuh  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile

thats the dialect shortened version of 'ah man who went'..

you going and bouf me for grammar too?

only if u could take it..i eh want u getting sad, pming bout 50 forumites asking them why i treating you so, then deleting all of your posts
...well unless u go come back in ah month after and rack up de most posts........lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Mango.......preach Bredda :D but ya did not mention dese fellas from the WestCoast ;)

MU HA HA :devil:

I feel this is the real reason here
FLi ! get traumatise by the Adebayor incident... :rotfl:
:rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:35:37 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Good afternoon

Now I don't normally come on this side of dey fence, but I felt it necessary to post.. First off, and excuse me folks, cause i'm trying to figure this out.

Can someone explain to me the differences between virtual bullying (of an adult), and telling someone that they typing shit and wasting bandwidth time, or cuss you out for playing the arse and mashing up people serious thread.

When you say bullied/prevention from expressing one self, which i think are different by means of no one can virtually prevent another from expression, UNLESS they are banned. So FLi with all respect I hadda disagree with that.

But explain the bullying part for me. Cause as ah Trini I never thought that was possible, knowing the type of people we are. Unless people overseas too long and dey skin get thin.

Please and thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:23:59 PM by Sushilla Boopsingh »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The main purpose of this thread was  a jovial way of examining some concerns of some of the older forumites who have intimated that the forum has changed and nowadays the rhetoric from some posters making others hold their tongue cuz they fraid to get cuss and in some cases, some ppl stop posting altogether cuz the talk often goes completely off topic and gets personal.

We all know we have 'ignorant' ppl on the board and we have all lived with that in real life.

But its true what Omar says, in that the board is really a microcosm of the real world.

You'll see some of the weaker spirited posters who align themselves with the perceived stronger posters and support them in their threads to protect themselves from getting attacked and ensuring they have support when they need it.

It's like a gang (not used in the violent colloquial context) sub culture.

In the real world organisations like FABA do exist.

To address Sushilla's point, I used the word 'prevent', cuz that sort of sums up what effect the picong having on them. It's preventing them from posting; they're being 'persuaded' not to post or 'fearful' of posting due to the previous reactions of other posters to similar topics raised.

But the bullying and umbrella term victimisation are taken seriously up in the UK, especially in employment and your job can be in jeopardy for what we in Trini would see as ole talk. There are also big campaigns and many organisations against it in schools here, including cyberbullying (by text, by msg board) which has become prevalent, but yea it has largely gone a bit overboard.

But FABA is sure it can make a difference here.....;)

Kicker, ah not sure how DODACO and FABA can work in tandem, but perhaps DODACO can up the ante and FABA can offer the counsel and promise of retribution.

All yuh never see Get Carter.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:00:22 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Thanks FLi, but this is what have me confused.

We talking virtually and not reality.  Reality, that is a different bowl of soup.

If you considered yourself as being virtually bullied, won't you hide ? or in fact take your postings elsewhere ?
Or is it that you love the abuse of it all, or more importantly love the sympathy you get from those you align yourself with - that being the 'percieved' stronger posters.
Cause if this is the case, is now you looking to be bullied.  How often are the stronger posters online anyway? Unless you hiding behind the offline button and await one of them to show up and then post ya tata. Is now I consider you a mental institution havetobe.

Now i'm trying to visualized an adult (male, cause it ain't have no woman on SW like that) in the comfort of their home, in front of their computer shaking like a leaf hoping that one of the stronger posters would come and bail him out. When all they simply have to do is delete their post, ,or just don't post at all if you have nothing to say.

There are many posters from all walks of life in here. A hand full of them I actually scan both sides of the forum to read their thoughts. Others I wish to God the founders and dem create an ignore button....real fass (hint).  Granted you can't please everybody with your thoughts - in fact you not suppose too. If that is your intention then you'll need to create your own forum and disconnect the response button.

hmmm ah starting to like over here boy...allyuh have nice threads.
oman allowed on dis side nuh??? ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 05:49:44 PM by Sushilla Boopsingh »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
people gettin bull on dis board now??

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alberta and TI is men get nuff bobolising in here and it ent stop they post count from being higher than than the average bear...

That said, for those who ent ketch it, I think Fli was being facetious... ::)

Either that or he get traumatise by the Adebayor incident... :rotfl:

Arsenal Forever! ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
people gettin bull on dis board now??
cyber bullin... Is Over now... Ah ent never going offline.  now we just have to identify all who is girls so ah could keep de Adam and Eve thing correct... dont get meh wrong... Steve is meh friend too but I much rather some BrownSugar.... ;D ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>