April 27, 2024, 11:16:49 AM

Author Topic: Dog the Bounty Hunter and Racist  (Read 7953 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dog the Bounty Hunter and Racist
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »
Dis shouldn't be funny, but..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Check part of d tape here...dis worse dan dat Seinfield fella,  :rotfl:

The National Enquirer has obtained a nearly 11 minute audio tape that captures Dog Chapman - the star of the A&E show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" - telling his son Tucker that he must break up with his girlfriend because she's a ... um ...  because she's of African American desent.  The Enquirer says:

"In a shocking world exclusive The ENQUIRER has obtained tapes of two revolting phone conversations in which Duane "Dog" Chapman unleashes a filthy bigoted attack, littered with the N-word and other disgusting racial insults.
The star of the A&E reality show Dog, The Bounty Hunter directed his racist hatred at his son Tucker's girlfriend Monique Shinnery, who is black."

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 01:24:50 PM by Ryan »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter and Racist
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:34:04 PM »
I like what has 'Thomian' to say in the comments

thomian
Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Do I really give two shits about what someone rocking a mullet has to say?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »
lemme see...from experiences with Imus, Senfield fella, Jena 6 etc

Bounty Hunter is dey #1 show on A&E network

So this comes out, most likely Sharpton and NAACP would come out from behind dey cedar pine desk and walk ah mile and ah half and tatalay lay AGAIN.

Then A&E would have a media press conference..apologizing to the Black America and say they condone this kind of behavior from their celebrities under their wing.

The would most likely be pressured to cancel the show because the show ratings has suddenly dropped.

Then after 1 year, another network would pick up Dog the Bounty Hunter show because Americans forget easily and fass.

Stay tune to Headline News via FOX, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC and dey Tailban networks

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:53:29 PM »
Look ah nex comment from ah genius  ::)

"am latino and black and i use nigga all the time not cos it`s a good word but black people made it a good word themselves so what tha f**k u expect
if hip hop culture and ghetto bullshit never used it white folks would not use it this century cos it`s AMERICA BABY"

me eh know wuh dey vex wit de man for.....dem like it so. chickens come home to roost
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jFt-j4489gjzoSmH7Ap_Of-_xLLwD8SL0JTO0

TV Bounty Hunter Apologizes for Slur
By JAYMES SONG – 3 hours ago

HONOLULU (AP) — Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman has apologized for repeatedly using a racial slur in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online.

Chapman, star of A&E's hit reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," issued a statement Wednesday apologizing for the comments after The National Enquirer posted a clip of the conversation in which he uses the N-word in reference to his son's girlfriend.

"We take this matter very seriously," A&E spokesman Michael Feeney said in a statement Thursday. "Pending an investigation, we have suspended production on the series. When the inquiry is concluded, we will take appropriate action."

The recording was first posted online by the Enquirer. It was unclear who recorded the conversation or how the tabloid obtained the 1 1/2-minute clip in which Chapman uses the N-word six times.

"There's no problem with how the tape was obtained and Dog has acknowledged its authenticity, and admitted to using the racist language," said David Perel, the Enquirer's editor-in-chief.

Perel declined to comment on how the tape was obtained. He said that doesn't matter because all that matters is what's on the tape.

In the conversation, Chapman urges his son, Tucker, to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend going public about the TV star's use of the N-word.

In the clip, Chapman also stated he doesn't care that his son's girlfriend is black.

In a statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said. "I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused."

Chapman said, "My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation."

Chapman said the clip was completely taken out of context.

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character," he said. "However, I should have never used that term."

Chapman said he is meeting with his spiritual adviser, Rev. Tim Storey, who is black, and hopes to meet with other black leaders, "so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again."

"I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing," he said. "I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me."

Civil-rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton is among the leaders Chapman contacted. In a letter Thursday to the bounty hunter, Sharpton wrote that as a minister, he would be inclined to meet "despite the racist and grotesque things I heard you say."

Sharpton said he would be willing to meet while traveling to promote a Nov. 16 march in Washington against hate crimes and racial attacks, but would not rearrange his road trip to do so.

"Be assured that I will not sanitize the kind of hate language that leads to the hate action that has left so many people vulnerable in America today," Sharpton wrote.

Sharpton noted he hadn't called for action by A&E, but will not call against it, either.

Chapman's show was in its fifth season and is one of A&E's top-rated programs. The series follows Chapman and his tattooed crew as they track down bail jumpers in Hawaii and other states.

The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

On the Net:
A&E: http://www.aetv.com/

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/2007/popup/full-wmv.html here the whole thing

Ot seems like a set up and they're were out to get Dog his girl was going to wear a recorder
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:32:19 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 01:52:23 AM »
even though Dawg says that he is a christian, I find that he is VERY rough around the edges and I was not surprised to hear this about him.
having said that I find that MANY people seem to swear and cuss for the slightest provocation (in other words it seems to me to be a societal wide problem, affecting all levels...jez look at some of de @#$% @#$% @ #$% dat post on here :rotfl: ) and doh talk about putdongs.......some say is picong....but joke is joke and sometimes dat ent no joke.
then yesterday I read this article

::)
Swearing at work can 'cut stress'
Swearing at work helps employees cope with stress, academics at a Norfolk university have said.
A study by Norwich's University of East Anglia (UEA) into leadership styles found the use of "taboo language" boosted team spirit.

Professor Yehuda Baruch, professor of management, warned that attempts to prevent workers from swearing could have a negative impact.

But Professor Baruch discouraged swearing in front of customers.

'Maintaining solidarity'

He said: "In most scenarios, in particular in the presence of customers or senior staff, profanity must be seriously discouraged or banned.

"However, our study suggested that, in many cases, taboo language serves the needs of people for developing and maintaining solidarity, and as a mechanism to cope with stress. Banning it could backfire.

"Managers need to understand how their staff feel about swearing.

"The challenge is to master the art of knowing when to turn a blind eye to communication that does not meet with their own standards."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/norfolk/7047536.stm

Published: 2007/10/16 15:43:22 GMT

© BBC MMVII

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 02:08:52 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:56:16 AM »
look at that...didn't i say yesterday early dat:

1. A&E would cancel dey show ??? BAM dey cancel it
2. A&E having ah press conference ??? BAM press conference happen
3. Sharpton putting on dey crepsole to go take ah stroll AGAIN??? But he hit meh for 6, he invite Dog to walk wid him.

If only meh blasted brain could give meh dey lotto numbers >:(

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:55 AM »
3.  But he hit meh for 6, he invite Dog to walk wid him.
dais because Dawg ask for Guidance ;)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:42:14 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »
de man name dog...wha allyuh expect?  He was going to be on either ah UNC-A or ah COrPse platform endorsing dey candidates I understand.

lol

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:52:30 AM »
nah man...you going in every thread today and post bout politics ??
allyuh good yes :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »
But then again does dog use the N word at the table with his young kids ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »
That show disgusts me.  Nothing brings home the fact that the Americans stole the Hawaiian islands from it's people than watching white trash hunt down native hawaiians.

Dog the bounty hunter?  More like trailer trash in paradise!

Maybe I just hate white people.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 08:12:19 PM »
That show disgusts me.  Nothing brings home the fact that the Americans stole the Hawaiian islands from it's people than watching white trash hunt down native hawaiians.
Dog the bounty hunter?  More like trailer trash in paradise!
Maybe I just hate white people.
If his actions are INDICATIVE of ALL white people...well white people in real trouble ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »
Duane "Dog" Chapman's tape-recorded tirade has cost him his TV show.

"Dog the Bounty Hunter" has been pulled off the air by A&E, the cable network announced Friday. The network stopped short of saying the show was canceled, apparently leaving open the possibility of a return with new episodes or reruns.

"In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take Dog The Bounty Hunter off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," A&E said in prepared statement. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Yum Brands, which advertised Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut on "Dog the Bounty Hunter," had pulled all of its ads, calling Chapman's comments "despicable."

Production of the Hawaii-based reality show was suspended earlier this week after it was reported that Chapman made repeated racial slurs in a tape-recorded phone conversation with his son, Tucker.

"Dog the Bounty Hunter" went on the air in 2004 and was one of A&E's highest rated shows, averaging 1.2 million viewers in primetime.

Chapman, who owns Da Kine Bail Bonds in downtown Honolulu, has apologized for repeatedly using a racial slur to refer to his son's girlfriend, who is African American.

The Associated Press reported on Friday that Tucker Chapman taped the phone call with his father, and sold it to the National Enquirer, which posted the tape on its Web site on Wednesday.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
The Associated Press reported on Friday that Tucker Chapman taped the phone call with his father, and sold it to the National Enquirer, which posted the tape on its Web site on Wednesday.

No man...ya own chile cost you ya reptuation and bread and butter for ah little bit ah cash ???
nah man
Tucker was vex he didn't get on dey show with he other 2 brothers or what

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
a pic of Dog the Bounty Hunter girl

Més que un club.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:02 PM »
Dog get exposed

A&E has dropped Dog the Bounty Hunter "for the foreseeable future" after its star was recorded using racist abuse.

Press in the US released the recording of a phone conversation between Duane "Dog" Chapman and his son. In it Chapman urges his son to leave his black girlfriend and calls her the 'n' word six times in 45 seconds.

The host has apologised and said he was ashamed and that he was "disappointed" with his son's choice of girlfriend "not due to her race, but her character". He also said the comments were out of context in the released recording.

However, on Thursday A&E announced it was putting production of the fifth series of the show on hold. And on Friday the channel announced it was also suspending repeats.

Advertisers apparently started pulling out of the show prompting A&E to replace the 7-11pm repeats on Saturday with Dallas Swat and The First 48.

The show's regular Tuesday 8-10pm slot will be filled with CSI: Miami repeats.

A&E said in a statement: "We hope that Mr Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun." It hopes people will forgive him and the show can go back on air.

Dog is one of the channel's most popular shows with an average audience of more than 2 million.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »

No man...ya own chile cost you ya reptuation and bread and butter for ah little bit ah cash ???
nah man
Tucker was vex he didn't get on dey show with he other 2 brothers or what
well dog say he cannot work there unless he dump the girl

Oh the the girl rejected dog apology

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/player.aspx?aid=114576&bw=
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:03:41 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »
Oh i'm sure a reality TV show would come out if this...or she might accept a movie deal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
See him break down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuwnAEYxCg

Interesting he never ever met the girl

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
See him break down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiuwnAEYxCg

Interesting he never ever met the girl
he never even met her, to come up with that shit he saying
dawg dawg dawg
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
Well i was just on A&E and ah seeing dey season 3 i think is startin 2wk of July.

A&E has dropped Dog the Bounty Hunter "for the foreseeable future" after its star was recorded using racist abuse.

full of jokers oui. MONEY/RATINGS rules. Forget racism

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41:18 AM »
BOYCOTT A&E.

is that simple.

1]; } ?>