April 24, 2024, 05:26:14 AM

Author Topic: Reports from WN (UK) Small Goal Tournament 2008...  (Read 2909 times)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Reports from WN (UK) Small Goal Tournament 2008...
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:35:55 AM »
We will post reports and pics and links to videos as the week progresses here. But we toooooo tired to write much now.  ;D

But, I had to let you guys know we had a few guests yesterday, including:

Stern John (& family)
Brent Sancho
Kelvin Jack (& wife)
and...
Patrick Vieira (&family)

Yes, that Patrick Vieira..lol He came during the semis and took in the final match, which was quite lively. Real spanner and ting. lol

The winners, and still reigning champions of the WN UK Small Goal Tournament 2008 are Psycho 5. This makes it a 3-peat for these guys, well done!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:54:31 AM by redtrinigirl »
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reports from WN Small Goal Tournament 2008...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37:11 AM »

Twas a good day,

too tired to ty
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 06:40:16 AM »

Twas a good day,

too tired to type

Is okay ah finish it fuh yuh  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41:10 AM »
Terrible weather but great day never the less........I am shattered I think Tallman and Palos can come and work the next one. They could deal with 50 phone calls " where it is, what time ?"..............never mind the emails, texts and facebook with all details on it...dam trinis
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Reports from WN (UK) Small Goal Tournament 2008...
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 07:53:02 AM »
The weather made me hesitate, I only got there 2 hours before the end, but I don't regret it. I get wet down and goosebumps, but the warmth of the peeps in attendance compensate, and the sun was nice enough to come out for the prizegiving presentation.

Didn't meet too many people from the board, for those that i did:

Rastafari : big up, we go organise d bussupshut for next time
Fli: decent star. We go see if we go link again before September
Superoli : now yuh go understand why i was always writing about France  ;)
FPATT: nice putting a face on the name. We will take care of the rest in good time
Redtrinigirl : nuff props for the organisation. Hopefully I will be around next year this time to lend you a helping hand. We will talk later about the vacant positions.

Nuff respect to yuh friend with the camera (sorry, not sure if i got the name), the generous bussupshut man (I will try and make it for triniluau), Berty, Kieran (good luck with the guitar dread, if yuh on here, doh be fraid to pm) and the other red trini girl who was holding down the babash tent like a boss.
Haqqers, like alyuh was gone by the time I showed up. I didn't expect stringfellows to get licks and pack up so early  :rotfl: We go link up sometime.

And to any ah alyuh who was drunk in the back of that tent, alyuh won't remember seeing me so doh study it... ;)

Also, have to say a big thank you to the special guests for gracing us with their presence.

Mr. Vieira, t'es un grand homme, dans tous les sens du mot.
Stern, thanks for lending yuh ear for 30 seconds to one of yuh biggest fans : remember, let your boots do the talking as always
Kelvin, I didn't see you, so heal well and come back ripping.
Brent, I like what i hear. You have our support. Kill dem dead next season and beyond.

Congrats to psycho 5 as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:55:50 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »
MIdknight it was good to meet you I didnt have much time to talk as you can see is real stress organizing these things, is only questions all day long !

Make sure and link up for Notting Hill carnival....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
Congratulations to the organizers.  These events always require significant effort.

Kudos to all of you  :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 08:39:58 AM »
Terrible weather but great day never the less........I am shattered I think Tallman and Palos can come and work the next one. They could deal with 50 phone calls " where it is, what time ?"..............never mind the emails, texts and facebook with all details on it...dam trinis

First of all thanks to you, redtrinigirl, Fli! and whoever else make it happen. Allyuh continue to outdo allyuhself every year. I was around when allyuh was originally going tuh have it, but den it had tuh be postponed because of de drama allyuh was getting wit getting de field. Ah know allyuh must be tired in trute. Doh ask palos fuh no help, he is ah lazy wutless fella  :devil:.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:34:02 AM »
Great work again there UK crew :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

First of all thanks to you, redtrinigirl, Fli! and whoever else make it happen. Allyuh continue to outdo allyuhself every year. I was around when allyuh was originally going tuh have it, but den it had tuh be postponed because of de drama allyuh was getting wit getting de field. Ah know allyuh must be tired in trute. Doh ask palos fuh no help, he is ah lazy wutless fella  :devil:.
Buh Tallman, if he Only hear ah "string pull" and ah "pan beat" he does be dere faster dan you could say "Palos, look ah fete over here" ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:54:24 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:49:37 AM »
wow peeps, great stuff.. sounds like allyuh mash up again.

waiting to see the pics.

ps: Fli did oli get breed??

i need to know if i going to be a godfather, ah does need to budget for such things.   ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
Rest up guys and gyuls all yuh deserve it. We go c d pics when all yuh recover
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »
I don't have the official pics from the event yet, but here are a few I got from a friend:

The winning captain, Hayden Edwards of Psycho 5, receiving the WN challenge trophy from Brent Sancho (Stern John in the background):

Champions of WN SMall Goal Tournament 2008, Psycho 5 (with their sponsor rep from Lagniappe):

Golden Boot winner Burke receiving his trophy and other prizes from the Soca Warriors ultimate golden boot player, Stern John:

Golden Boot winner Burke showing his prize of an autographed FPATT jersey:

Mr. Patrick Vieira:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:42:13 PM by redtrinigirl »

gives Love.

[

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »
LOVELY VERY NICE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 06:13:56 PM »
Allyuh organizational skills ascending to fortune 500 type levels oui....real props to the UK crew  :applause:

lawd! dat place lookin cold for July......needless to say ah want to see de picture of de red ting dat was battin de babash..and make sure she topless
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 04:15:38 AM »
I would also like to report that we are getting settled into our role as THE small goal competition for the Trini community here. We had to turn down at least four sides this year, not to mention men who turned up on the day and wanted to play. I dunno, but we might have to look into running four pitches at once to allow for more teams to participate, and have quarter- then semi- rounds before the finals. Of course that will only happen IF I GET HELP!  :P

This year we actually had teams being sponsored, so teams were playing wearing sponsor's branding and logo and ting. Yuh see de winning team posing with their sponsor above? I feel that is the way to go. More prizes for everybody.  ;D If yuh see fancy kit this year. I think only two teams didn't have specially designed/sponsor branded kits.

And yes, ah done start planning for next year.  ;D

gives Love.

[

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »
The weather made me hesitate, I only got there 2 hours before the end, but I don't regret it. I get wet down and goosebumps, but the warmth of the peeps in attendance compensate, and the sun was nice enough to come out for the prizegiving presentation.

Didn't meet too many people from the board, for those that i did:

Rastafari : big up, we go organise d bussupshut for next time
Fli: decent star. We go see if we go link again before September
Superoli : now yuh go understand why i was always writing about France  ;)
FPATT: nice putting a face on the name. We will take care of the rest in good time
Redtrinigirl : nuff props for the organisation. Hopefully I will be around next year this time to lend you a helping hand. We will talk later about the vacant positions.

Nuff respect to yuh friend with the camera (sorry, not sure if i got the name), the generous bussupshut man (I will try and make it for triniluau), Berty, Kieran (good luck with the guitar dread, if yuh on here, doh be fraid to pm) and the other red trini girl who was holding down the babash tent like a boss.
Haqqers, like alyuh was gone by the time I showed up. I didn't expect stringfellows to get licks and pack up so early  :rotfl: We go link up sometime.

And to any ah alyuh who was drunk in the back of that tent, alyuh won't remember seeing me so doh study it... ;)

Also, have to say a big thank you to the special guests for gracing us with their presence.

Mr. Vieira, t'es un grand homme, dans tous les sens du mot.
Stern, thanks for lending yuh ear for 30 seconds to one of yuh biggest fans : remember, let your boots do the talking as always
Kelvin, I didn't see you, so heal well and come back ripping.
Brent, I like what i hear. You have our support. Kill dem dead next season and beyond.

Congrats to psycho 5 as well.
Yeah nice to meet you midknight. I was a bit intoxicated coming to the end of the tournament. :beermug: :beermug:
Yuh mean to say you come after me and eat bussupshut :P

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 07:40:01 AM »
nuff respect for another successful tourney RTG & co.

doh tell mih it done cold in dat place in july.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 08:29:40 AM »
unfortunatly the weather that day was the worst in weeks and was about 19 degrees and windy. Three days before it was 29 !
we were going to postpone but three teams would have dropped out so we decided to go ahead.

1]; } ?>