April 28, 2024, 08:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Alvin Corneal...T&T football fans too bitter  (Read 12090 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin Corneal...T&T football fans too bitter
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »
Forumites..it was not available online... so as it raining I took my lunchtime to type it up and share this with alyuh.( I type it exact, errors included )

Trinidad Guardian Sports Section pg A38

By Alvin Corneal

...We Must Support the team win or loss

It is amazing how this country has been so gifted with football experts, exceeding the number who play and much more than there are coaches.

The bitterness in the comments by some of the fans after the home match against Bermuda on June 15, was certainly not the type of encouragement which the players needed to face the same opponent in their country.
The lack of quality play and players, coupled with the suspect tactical formation on the field was not what the fans needed either.
The beauty of this scenario is that almost everyone had a different point of view on the same match, all believing that they were absolutely correct in their analysis.
That's why they call it a "point of view" everyone sees it differently.

Many of them predicted the away game as a defeat and exit from the competition at the early stage, while others were prepared to return to the drawing board of two years ago and fill the team with names of the Germany 2006 experience.
Normal people tend to use what works succesfully. I have never seen someone wash clean clothes before.

Logical evaluation was thrown through the window and some even challenged the coaching credibility of Francisco Maturana.
When you look at a team struggling with a back four and then the coach play a back three in a very important match and the result is less than favorable, would you not question the coach credibility? I hope when you go to your doctor for a regular check up and he perform heart surgery you don't mind. 
It's a great marvel what the price of a football ticket could encourage fans to say when the team does not get the result they wanted.
You walk in to KFC and they give you Corbeaux meat for chicken and to boot it raw, would you not be entitled to complain and express your dissatisfaction?

Strangely enough, few, if any, of these critics ventured to spend their money to make the trip to Bermuda to support the team. I suppose that they are not even aware that crowd support is usually the 12th player and could change results around in a most positive manner sometimes.
How many of those in the Stadium for the England game were present at the Marvin Lee Stadium?
There is the thought that this country does not have the necessary players to qualify for a World Cup.
Try again, the thought in the country is that the best players are not being selected to represent the country and therefore our chances of qualifying for SA is greatly reduced.

I wonder how many felt that we would have made it Germany, two years before the tournament finals.
Come on dude we were lucky. Yo cannot sit and tel us that yo would have put your money on us going to Germany.

Some of the critics even ventured into saying things about a performance which they had not seen.
Did you take a census on those present in Bermuda?

The second result is now history and while most lovers of the sport were satisfied in the team's performance and appreciated the fact that they were able to qualify for the next round, the diehards have lost their patience in order to gain a result to the WC South Africa.
Tell me what is the objective again of playing all these qualifiers?

I was actually happy that I was present at the match, where tactical intelligence was at work and the ultimate result seemed not too far away as early as the first 20 minutes. The exchange of Darryl Roberts and Jerol Forbes for Stern John and Jason Scotland reduced the number of WC Germany squad participants, not even realising the fact that all of Edwards, Whitley, Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Scotland and John were part of the revolution where the opportunity of reliving and reproducing the play of the Soca Warriors seemed realistic.
 ??? ??? ???

It did not happen and it was difficult to understand the rationale behind turning the clock back by two years.
 ??? ??? Can someone explain this to me please?

The Bermudans saw no problems in their coach indicating that his team will defend totally and allow the Soca Warriors to return home empty-handed.

Kenny Thompson's decision is rare in normal times, but certainly unusual in other situations.
Can you say Italy at EURO 2008.

The result was that Bermuda retained their half of the field solidly, offering T&T entry into that cluster of players to seep past their defence, a factor under normal circumstances, simply meant two teams using half of the field and engaging in an exercise of backs and forwards.
What the hell you serious about this. I feel you had a moment right there.

Darryl Roberts, whom the Bermudans did not know before that evening, together with Forbes, increased the speed barrier and shocked the heavy set defenders into a state of nervousness and forced errors, something which they were never faced with in Trinidad.
I guess Bermudans do not have internet and cable. Just made your argument against fans even more futile.
It took them just eight minutes to realise that when you are in battle, don't forget to throw punches, lest you end up with two blood shot eyes.

And thank God for the Bermuda keeper, as he was diving and throwing himself energetically to save what appeared to be certain goals in the first half. Unlike in Trinidad, the shooting was more accurate and the shooting gallery was not something that the Bermudans expected. When it was not a hustling Forbes, the shot-taking Roberts, Hyland, Edwards and Whitley, add the lanky Lawrence with his giraffe like headers, two of which came as close to scoring as one could imagine.
Dude you forgot what you wrote above about reliving last WC or what?

Bermuda did not have a single shot to goal in the first half, (because of their strange plan), neither did they appear to make an effort to develop any type of fluidity in their game. Despite the 15 minutes which they got at the interval, the scenario was the same. Maturana immediately moved into a variation as he patted Forbes on the back for his first half effort and taxed the experience of Stern John to show that he still got the ability to score goals. It took him 14 minutes and he headed in a perfect Daniel left-sided cross.

With a two goal lead and realising that Bermuda was a group which had lost its sense of urgency and had thrown their effort desperately to get a goal. It did not happen and this is more to the continued ploy of the Bermudans who lacked any level of cohesion among their players.

This is when the Soca Warriors drop their heads in anticipation of victory and looked awful for the final ten minutes of the match. That was as disturbing to me as losing the first leg of the match.
Thank you sir, I guess the fans no something after all

A basic fundamental in any sport is to be committed for the full period of time, and provide the support system for the balance of players in the team.

Looking to the future is now an extremely complex situation, especially where the Columbian had seen all the Pro League players over the past four months any various occasions, he has important decisions to make regarding the squad.

It is good sense for any coach to keep continuously in search of players who can bring a better quality of play to the team.

The experts are already chanting the names of the 2006 squad, a sign that spectators have been quick to revert to a period that was.

It was interesting to note that the famous Brazil had made their decision to thank a number of players, the likes of Roberto Carlos. Cafu, Ze Roberto, Dida, Ronaldo simply because the quality of play which has been demanded from these great players, are seemingly lost as the years rolled by.

It would be foolish to claim that the T&T squad is totally ready for the next hurdle. The ability of lack of it by the Bermuda is inadequate for a judgment call on the local lads because they won through to the next round.

It never is easy to determine whether the fans in this country love the sport or the money will come so long as the players work for it.
What the f@*k are you tallking about. That totally did not make any sense.

Am I been driven to believe that these critics do not really want this county to qualify, as we are able to see them become alarmingly critica, without contributing not much more than petty jealousies, while there are those who have volunteered their marketing services for players whom they perceive as solid contenders for the team.
What do the fans have to be jealous about? We are the fans and if we did not care we would not be in the stands or waste time to voice our satisfaction, dissatisfaction, or otherwise. Dude you need to stop smoking that stuff.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 01:29:14 PM »
Alvin you might need this cause it coming out the wrong end.....

ah was going to say Oh Shit! then I realize I would be right hahahahhahaha good one
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »
I think we could change the ending too (no need for us to be childish like them)...but fix dat and send it!
allyuh eh need to send no letter to corneal ! stueps ! the man does be on the forum and dun probably read it as soon as it was posted.

anyone with ah piece of brain would know it's defiantly dis forum the man was talking bout !!!! in fact, anyone who is ah football lover does breeze through this forum from time to time, from the federation heads to the national players and all, to check out the happenings, hell even english men and jakkans does fall in on occasions.

i happen to agree with some of his assessments, and truth be told , some of yuhs are more than bitter , in fact some of yuhs are down right rude and and totally disgruntled in a way i've seen only amongst corporate executives or ppl who have vested intrest in ah team.

take forinstance coach maturana.  the man don't have access to a full roster of players, but allyuh vex with his accomplishments against england & bermuda, despite making up for the defeat and taking full responsibility for the loss @ the marvin lee, men still calling for his head.

some men talking bout anton is ah shyte coach, could you imagine that ! anton corneal in this game since he was old enough to walk, and i will never endorse  doggin his coaching abilities, maybe his player selections are totally bias, but i don't think it have a fella in T&T who is more knowlegable bout the game than anton corneal ! forget about his dad lets deal with anton.

that fella knows the game well, maybe too well for his own good, but his bias could be called to account for the teams lack luster performances and not so much his tactical abilities, which some of us already know,  but a damn good student of the game. so lets not be grimy in respect of that fact.

i say leave the coach alone , it's the TTFF @ fault, the coaches are good enough, it's the federation who needs to go. even pele would fail as a coach in trini given the present circumstances.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 03:17:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »
We bitter like aloes can u blame oui 2yrs after d Germany joy we have 2 put up wit dis crap. D letter 2 d editor was not 4 Cornmeal but 2 educate d masses who feel dat JW is JC and not Just cool and Alvin and Simon know what dey doin. I s guess Maturana is Theodorre.

As 4 not being d coach fault when did u realize dat b4 or after d dentist reach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »
I think we could change the ending too (no need for us to be childish like them)...but fix dat and send it!
allyuh eh need to send no letter to corneal ! stueps ! the man does be on the forum and dun probably read it as soon as it was posted.

anyone with ah piece of brain would know it's defiantly dis forum the man was talking bout !!!! in fact, anyone who is ah football lover does breeze through this forum from time to time, from the federation heads to the national players and all, to check out the happenings, hell even english men and jakkans does fall in on occasions.

i happen to agree with some of his assessments, and truth be told , some of yuhs are more than bitter , in fact some of yuhs are down right rude and and totally disgruntled in a way i've seen only amongst corporate executives or ppl who have vested intrest in ah team.

take forinstance coach maturana.  the man don't have access to a full roster of players, but allyuh vex with his accomplishments against england & bermuda, despite making up for the defeat and taking full responsibility for the loss @ the marvin lee, men still calling for his head.

some men talking bout anton is ah shyte coach, could you imagine that ! anton corneal in this game since he was old enough to walk, and i will never endorse  doggin his coaching abilities, maybe his player selections are totally bias, but i don't think it have a fella in T&T who is more knowlegable bout the game than anton corneal ! forget about his dad lets deal with anton.

that fella knows the game well, maybe too well for his own good, but his bias could be called to account for the teams lack luster performances and not so much his tactical abilities, which some of us already know,  but a damn good student of the game. so lets not be grimy in respect of that fact.

i say leave the coach alone , it's the TTFF @ fault, the coaches are good enough, it's the federation who needs to go. even pele would fail as a coach in trini given the present circumstances.

JC, like u looking at this situation with blinders on. Tell me something, u happy with what going on with the national team right now? Since the WC 2 years ago, we the fans have watched as our team was dismantled right before our eyes. Our heroes were banned from representing us, simply because of the badmind of Jack and the TTFF. We endure this for 18 months before they 'lift the blacklist'. Then we see the arrival of Maturana and the Corneals. And what have we seen since they arrived? All I have seen is more of the same - refusal to pick our best players (picking even worse players as a matter of fact), while our team giving substandard performances on the field.

And u surprised we bitter. Sorry, are we supposed to be rejoicing?

And by the way, football knowledge does not make a good coach. A coach also has to be a teacher, a manager, and a selector. Now we all know is him and his father selecting the players. You and all must agree they not picking the best team, and that they pushing their own agenda. Next, the players he picking doh seem to be learning anything, is the same shyte dey playing game after game. And he definitely not managing the team well, cuz is all kinda dissent and turmoil going on between the players. So when yuh study all that, I think it's safe to say he is a SHIT coach. He not doing the job.

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

JC, like u looking at this situation with blinders on. Tell me something, u happy with what going on with the national team right now? Since the WC 2 years ago, we the fans have watched as our team was dismantled right before our eyes. Our heroes were banned from representing us, simply because of the badmind of Jack and the TTFF. We endure this for 18 months before they 'lift the blacklist'. Then we see the arrival of Maturana and the Corneals. And what have we seen since they arrived? All I have seen is more of the same - refusal to pick our best players (picking even worse players as a matter of fact), while our team giving substandard performances on the field.

And by the way, football knowledge does not make a good coach. A coach also has to be a teacher, a manager, and a selector. Now we all know is him and his father selecting the players. You and all must agree they not picking the best team, and that they pushing their own agenda. Next, the players he picking doh seem to be learning anything, is the same shyte dey playing game after game. And he definitely not managing the team well, cuz is all kinda dissent and turmoil going on between the players. So when yuh study all that, I think it's safe to say he is a SHIT coach. He not doing the job.

Tell me something i don't know !! the fact is and the fact remains, anton corneal is not selecting this team soley on his own , remember a few months ago jack warner said that he will continue the process with the young locals and a few of the WC players, so what facking part of that did you not understand !!

anton corneal is not my friend that i need to defend his honor, but fair is fair, the man have a job to do , just like tiger , just like fuentes, could and would you and the soca warriors on line members pay their bills and support their families if they were to say f#ck off to jack and the TTFF ? I guess we already know the answer to that,

so since we all know the deal, there are a few options available, stop supporting the team, support @ your own risk, or get up and do something to put an end to the leadership of the TTFF. until then there's really nothing to be done, but put up with the fackery, so let's just enjoy what we can and stop with the bitching.

we been bellyaching for 2 yrs now, and don't you think it's time to stop ? even i was in on the crying, but i realise jack here to stay, so until some knowledgeable group of thinking ppl remove him , or him and chimps decides to relinquish the leadership of the TTFF, but until then, it's more of the same.

to show how jokey allyuh is , allyuh planned on wearing black to the stadium in protest of the black list, it was all over the newpapers, even ppl from england was willing to wear black for the cause, but on the day of the game, i eh know what happen, but only a handfull of members showed to support, most of them being female members,  and mind you the said female members had to man the big flag so they couldn't even show off their black T shirts BC they were hidden under a flag,

thus it went , even the fella in the commentry box was in ah black T shirt ,but yuh coulda barley see anything resembling black in the whole muthaf@cin stadium.

the women on this board have more balls and commitment than most of the couch potato big belly muthaf@kers who call they selves men ! stuueeppsss !

all they do is run up they mouth and criticize ppl who putting in work , and the said members does call them sellouts and spineless, how ironic, when allyuh was the same set ah fellas who couldn't even arrange a black list protest after two yrs. that's not even spineless , that's pure unadulterated laziness and lack of commitment.

so trini Kev , what yuh intend to do ? be moaning and bitching for the next 2 yrs and beyond , or give up the ghost of germany 2006 and support the ppl team.

the choice is yours, but don't give me that sanctimonious horse shyte about wearing blinders, BC i see and understand things loud and clear, in retrospect KEV, it's you who's in blinders and not me.  let it go my friend, jack warner is in charge with the big check book in he hand, love it or leave it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »

take forinstance coach maturana.  the man don't have access to a full roster of players, but allyuh vex with his accomplishments against england & bermuda, despite making up for the defeat and taking full responsibility for the loss @ the marvin lee, men still calling for his head.

Ill give you 2 instances that shows your favored coach cya uhmmmm.  coach...
(1) Ah Blind man wouldnt play dennis lawrence as a left back
(2) Most coaches have figured out that the people sitting next to him in uniform are calles subs and can be used at his disposal. I'll throw in another for good measure... Maturana was outcoached by Kenny Thompson in our first bermuda qualifier.. He said so hisself.. and I quote... It's my fault.

some men talking bout anton is ah shyte coach, could you imagine that ! anton corneal in this game since he was old enough to walk, and i will never endorse  doggin his coaching abilities, maybe his player selections are totally bias, but i don't think it have a fella in T&T who is more knowlegable bout the game than anton corneal ! forget about his dad lets deal with anton.

Anton might not be a shit coach because what does that really mean but in terms or strategy, tactical positioning, substitutions, player selection, Player positioning, Instilling confidence in yuh Team, Controlling de locker room.... man!! ok he is a shit coach.. and Im not sure how yuh call out his bias and de effect resulting in "lackluster performances" and not see it as a directr connection of ah well his ability to coach...  So maybe yuh tryin to say he is a good coach on paper... Practice champion maybe? I think both Gally and Bertille will outshine Anton anyday.

Ah not sure pele would come here and have de same result either because where pele come from and in his day man use to throw de TV out de window when dey lose to Argentina far less to Bermuda...  Pele woulda slit he wrist without public pressure because of personal failure. Pacho instead play Roberts (a player who was getting bypassed for de last couple games) and scrape through. But maybe Iv'e already said too much...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »

take forinstance coach maturana.  the man don't have access to a full roster of players, but allyuh vex with his accomplishments against england & bermuda, despite making up for the defeat and taking full responsibility for the loss @ the marvin lee, men still calling for his head.

Ill give you 2 instances that shows your favored coach cya uhmmmm.  coach...
(1) Ah Blind man wouldnt play dennis lawrence as a left back
(2) Most coaches have figured out that the people sitting next to him in uniform are calles subs and can be used at his disposal. I'll throw in another for good measure... Maturana was outcoached by Kenny Thompson in our first bermuda qualifier.. He said so hisself.. and I quote... It's my fault.

some men talking bout anton is ah shyte coach, could you imagine that ! anton corneal in this game since he was old enough to walk, and i will never endorse  doggin his coaching abilities, maybe his player selections are totally bias, but i don't think it have a fella in T&T who is more knowlegable bout the game than anton corneal ! forget about his dad lets deal with anton.

Anton might not be a shit coach because what does that really mean but in terms or strategy, tactical positioning, substitutions, player selection, Player positioning, Instilling confidence in yuh Team, Controlling de locker room.... man!! ok he is a shit coach.. and Im not sure how yuh call out his bias and de effect resulting in "lackluster performances" and not see it as a directr connection of ah well his ability to coach...  So maybe yuh tryin to say he is a good coach on paper... Practice champion maybe? I think both Gally and Bertille will outshine Anton anyday.

Ah not sure pele would come here and have de same result either because where pele come from and in his day man use to throw de TV out de window when dey lose to Argentina far less to Bermuda...  Pele woulda slit he wrist without public pressure because of personal failure. Pacho instead play Roberts (a player who was getting bypassed for de last couple games) and scrape through. But maybe Iv'e already said too much...
@ least Pancho scraped through ! Beenie on the other hand left his best midfield option on the bench for nearly the whole WC finals, and played a flawed player name densil, who couldn't even make ah falkirk starting lineup, for the king of falkirk, matter of fact , fack falkirk , king of  SCOTTLAND !! pancho on the other hand don't really know darryl's full potential, but beenie knew who latas was and still act the fool.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:39:15 PM by just cool »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2008, 02:20:08 AM »
Just cool now yuh playing dirty...  ;D ;D ;D Yuh know if yuh go bring Latas and Beenie in de conversation is an automatic right hook to de meh jaw yuh landin dey. Aright pardner you win dis round. Well played. I going back and sit in de next corner and wipe de blood from meh mouth.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2008, 03:22:25 AM »
Just cool now yuh playing dirty...  ;D ;D ;D Yuh know if yuh go bring Latas and Beenie in de conversation is an automatic right hook to de meh jaw yuh landin dey. Aright pardner you win dis round. Well played. I going back and sit in de next corner and wipe de blood from meh mouth.
Thank yuh for being ah big man . some fellas woulda never admit to that with such dignity . hats off my friend :applause: :applause:

please  allyuh give the new coach ah chance, lets ride this train and see where it takes us , i believe we might like the final stop.  after all what choice do we have anyway.                                            positive.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2008, 07:01:53 AM »
Ho...........hum.  Fellas......Ladies.....I wish I could really say something that could help.  I done know LONG TIME (since I going QRC in the late 70's to mid 80's, in fact) that alvin corneal and his whole crew is a pack ah ass.  I more disappointed but not vex that some ah allyuh was even ginig him any kinda credibility or validation to this point that anything coming out he mouth now would surprise or disappoint allyuh.  I vex that allyuh have to be going tru dat now.  (See how I care fuh my people?  :))
  Aytime any ah allyuh see 'im anywhere in public, allyuh should jes' walk up to him, shake he hand, pat 'im on he back and tell 'im:
   Mr. Corneal, Sir, as a devoted and loyal fan of T&T football that has seen our beloved country produce so many talented players like yourself, it is very sad to see that you, one of our greatest players on the field, has grown so miserably into becoming one of the worst ambassadors of the sport and our country.   I would have never expected you to lower yourself in become the selfish, self-serving, divisive, despicable Cassius of a human being that you have become.  Please go and quietly live out your remaining days in Park's Nursing Home.  Jack will pick up the tab for you.  
Mango and yuh say ah should shake he hand when saying that right? we boy.. yuh dangerous boy Mango.. Yuh have de steel of a politician... Is only special people could shake a man hand and say dat... Hats off to yuh.

Ize old school boy, David.  A handshake, to me, TRULY signifies that I mean every word that comes out my mouth.  Pure steel in trute, but far as hell from being a politician.   ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2008, 07:06:49 AM »
All I want 2 know is y now d man waxing philosophical when hewas part of d get rid ah Wim brigade?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 12:07:18 PM »
All I want 2 know is y now d man waxing philosophical when hewas part of d get rid ah Wim brigade?
How many games did wim won ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »
Dear Mr. Corneal,

Ah hear yuh does be on here reading what we post.  Well ah apologise sir, cuz earlier in dis thread ah say yuh should haul yuh A$#%%^....  Well ah take it back cuz yuh old enuff to be mih fadder and it sounding a bit disrespectful.  What ah really meant to say was....in the word of the infamous Larry Achong...

I LOVE YOU.....I LOVE YOU....I LOVE YOU!!!..

Kindest Regards,

Aloes

(p.s. please do extend my sentiment to your son, Senor Maturana and the TTFF)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2008, 09:05:41 PM »
He had 3 games wit d team b4 d blacklist and he win 2 Vincey Heat and Panama in TNT and we lost 2 Austria but if u c dat team he took 2 d Gc and d team d cornmeals have u could c dat Wim know bout coachin while d dentist need 2 return 2 Colombia.

Who d dentist beat Grenada and B'dos and then in d WCQ Bermuda. D only team wit any rep is El Salvador

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2008, 09:09:47 AM »

Tell me something i don't know !! the fact is and the fact remains, anton corneal is not selecting this team soley on his own , remember a few months ago jack warner said that he will continue the process with the young locals and a few of the WC players, so what facking part of that did you not understand !!

anton corneal is not my friend that i need to defend his honor, but fair is fair, the man have a job to do , just like tiger , just like fuentes, could and would you and the soca warriors on line members pay their bills and support their families if they were to say f#ck off to jack and the TTFF ? I guess we already know the answer to that,

I could agree that Anton is not the only one picking the side, he father and Jack also in on it, but from the view of the players, is Anton picking the side (http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=37244.0) And there is a blatant Alcons bias in the team selection. Which telling me the majority of the selections being done by the Corneals. And I not asking for them to cuss Jack and ride off into the sunset, I asking that they pick an unbiased team, one which truly shows that we trying to gather the best team possible, not a team to push their own agenda

so since we all know the deal, there are a few options available, stop supporting the team, support @ your own risk, or get up and do something to put an end to the leadership of the TTFF. until then there's really nothing to be done, but put up with the fackery, so let's just enjoy what we can and stop with the bitching.

we been bellyaching for 2 yrs now, and don't you think it's time to stop ? even i was in on the crying, but i realise jack here to stay, so until some knowledgeable group of thinking ppl remove him , or him and chimps decides to relinquish the leadership of the TTFF, but until then, it's more of the same.

First off, I never say I not supporting the team. What I did say was that with all the shit that went on for the past 2 years, why would we the supporters be anything but bitter towards the football powers? Given the events post-WC 2006, I think anybody would be well justified in habouring feelings of bitterness and resentment towards Jack and the TTFF. That is totally separate from supporting the team. It is because we supporting the team, and want to see them do well that we are bitter. Because nothing that has gone on since 2006 has allowed for the team to continue doing well and improve.

to show how jokey allyuh is , allyuh planned on wearing black to the stadium in protest of the black list, it was all over the newpapers, even ppl from england was willing to wear black for the cause, but on the day of the game, i eh know what happen, but only a handfull of members showed to support, most of them being female members,  and mind you the said female members had to man the big flag so they couldn't even show off their black T shirts BC they were hidden under a flag,

thus it went , even the fella in the commentry box was in ah black T shirt ,but yuh coulda barley see anything resembling black in the whole muthaf@cin stadium.

the women on this board have more balls and commitment than most of the couch potato big belly muthaf@kers who call they selves men ! stuueeppsss !

all they do is run up they mouth and criticize ppl who putting in work , and the said members does call them sellouts and spineless, how ironic, when allyuh was the same set ah fellas who couldn't even arrange a black list protest after two yrs. that's not even spineless , that's pure unadulterated laziness and lack of commitment.

So because some ppl didnt go to the game wearing a black tshirt, you berating me for that, when you doh even know whether or not I was a part of it? For the record I did not go to the game, but I did buy a black tshirt from BnS.

so trini Kev , what yuh intend to do ? be moaning and bitching for the next 2 yrs and beyond , or give up the ghost of germany 2006 and support the ppl team.

Again, I never said I not supporting the team. I just feel that T&T football fans are more than justified in being bitter about what has transpired. And yes, I will continue to bitch and moan until I see a change for the better. I will continue to write letters to the papers, whatever I can. It is because I am supporting the team 100% that I will continue to make noise. They deserve better. WE deserve better.

the choice is yours, but don't give me that sanctimonious horse shyte about wearing blinders, BC i see and understand things loud and clear, in retrospect KEV, it's you who's in blinders and not me.  let it go my friend, jack warner is in charge with the big check book in he hand, love it or leave it.

That last paragraph u have there shows that you had missed the point of my post. I know that Jack is in charge. I was just saying that we bitter for a reason. And you and all must understand that. THAT was why I said you were wearing blinders, because u come in telling us that we shudn't be so bitter, when it is more than justified. If you choose not to be bitter about it, that's your prerogative, but I for one cah just sit back and be happy about the situation. I love the team too much for that  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:57:33 PM by trinikev »
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2008, 09:51:32 AM »
What a load of shit. Corneal is a clown. Hes trying so hard to sound sensible but all i read is pure tata.

(thanks for posting, Touches).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:17:53 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
By the by this is what I submitted to all three dailies (I followed suggestions and modified the final paragraph). Let's see which one prints it and or modifies it.

Dear Editor,

This is in response to an article written by the esteemed football coach, Mr. Alvin Corneal, in a daily newspaper which boasts of ‘democracy’ something with which the writer seems to be less than familiar.

Mr. Corneal Sir, you are quite right we, the die hard supporters of our national football team, are BITTER. A side of the level of Bermuda should be completely out of the game, every game we play them, by the interval.

Were you not one of the critics who came down on then national coach Rene Simoes when we lost to Martinique in the Gold Cup back in 2002? Now in 2008 you are going all out to defend this coach who shepherded us almost to the brink of elimination in the first round of World Cup qualification. We won’t bother to quibble as to whether it is the de facto or the de jure coach we are on about as it is plain to see that the rest of your article for the most part, apart from the headline, is a family matter.

It is a pity that the magnificent tactics and strategy referred to in your article are not evident in the recent home games, but are only on display at away games. As not all of us are privileged to be the beneficiaries of complimentary travel and accommodation to the games or lead professional lives which revolve around football the majority of us die-hards are not in a position to witness every single game played by our national teams home and abroad.

You also cited Brazil in an attempt to undermine the claims for the recall of the hard working ‘warriors’ of the 2006 World Cup Campaign and totally ignored the circumstances under which the Soca Warriors were disbanded. As if it was some kind of conscious decision to wave them goodbye because they weren’t performing. FYI Mr. Corneal, the difference between Brazil and the Soca Warriors is that the Soca Warriors’ exploits in Germany were viewed as extraordinary and a success. On the contrary, Brazil's 2006 adventure was a downright failure hence the need for their revamp.

Mr. Corneal, by no stretch of the imagination do we, the die hards, consider ourselves football experts, however we are passionate about our country of birth and everything therein INCLUDING our national football team and fair play.

With that in mind, when we see T&T lose to Bermuda and barely beat them in the second game, we have to wonder why this is so. We look at the events regarding the national football team that have unfolded since World Cup 2006 and wonder where do the accountability and responsibility lie. So who, we ask, should be accountable and responsible for the poor performance against Bermuda?
1)   The players?
2) The Fans?
2)   The Management?

Obviously, from parts of your commentary, the die hard fans are the ones to blame because we do not support the team. Yeah, right!!! Perhaps the management should do some navel gazing and realize that something has to change to stop the insanity that seems to prevail in the upper echelons of the TTFF.

Mr. Corneal, Sir, as devoted and loyal fans of T&T football who have seen our beloved country produce so many talented players like yourself, it is very disheartening to see the self-serving, divisive “commentator” you have become. We support all of our national football players; red, white and black-listed as we have the interest of our football, its development and that of the country’s football reputation at heart.

Die-hard football supporter.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 05:41:59 PM »
Well done let us see who publish it.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
Stupes.. Alvin is a fawking Cyat.

Stupes
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
I was on meh best behavior 2day because I saw d chimpmunk and did not introduce myself as  bitter #1

1]; } ?>