March 28, 2024, 05:05:05 AM

Author Topic: To help the Youth  (Read 1290 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To help the Youth
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »
Fellow forumites,
                     Currently my sister has been involved in doing presentations at a couple of Jr Secondary Schools. She is in her final year completing her psychology degree her and the fellow presenters have been asked back to do repeat sessions at several other schools. Together with the T&T National Council on Alcoholism and Other Addictions ( South Chapter), they saw the need to reach out and give advice to these young kids (forms 1 -3).
                     Thus they have organized a camp to give these kids greater communication skills, lessons on health (including Sex education especially to do with STD's etc). The camp itself starts on Monday at Rienzi Complex (most of the kids involved are from Central area).
I myself am supposed to do some communication games and a couple presentations.
The committee involved with the camp have asked me to post this on the site to ask anyone who thinks this is a noble cause and may have to the time to come to the camp and maybe help out by talking to the kids about their own past experiences etc. The camp runs Mon - Thurs from the 14th July to 4th of August. It starts at 9am and ends at 2pm.
If anyone knows anybody local that can be an inspiration to the kids it would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone can PM me for more information (as I will have to get any requested info from my sister)
also one can call 798 -1390 and ask for Raquel to gain further information.
So far I believe they have over 100 kids that are attending.
Thanks again for your time
Sean aka NYtriniwhiteboy
Back in Trini...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To help the Youth
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »
 I can't think of anyone suitable in that context, I'll PM you if I do. Regardless that is some good work you and sis putting down there.  :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:46:36 PM »
The only person I can think of is Beverly C. She is one of the founding members* of the President Award Scheme.

What I can do is give her a call this weekend to check on her availablity and then share her contact information with you.

I have some folks from Family Planning Association that I can call upon. The always busy but i'm sure they can forward someone's contact info for you.

Excellent work NYTrini and best regards to your sis :beermug:

I'm sure weary69 would jump on this wagon.....

* I ain't sure founding, but she high in the ranks
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:12:00 PM by Sushilla Boopsingh »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »
Excellent work sorry 2 do not have d time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »
I can't think of anyone suitable in that context, I'll PM you if I do. Regardless that is some good work you and sis putting down there.  :beermug:

For real  :applause: respect to both of you

Even if you make a difference for one child allyuh will have done plenty
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:09:37 PM »
thanks for de replies...now stealing a lil internet time by a fren house so didnt get to check before.
Will be back home tomorro to reply to those who PMed me
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>