April 29, 2024, 03:08:21 AM

Author Topic: Spann surprised at national team recall.  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Spann surprised at national team recall.
« on: July 12, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »
Yorke, Birchall back for World Cup qualifying.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Dwight Yorke is back and among six additional members of Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 FIFA World Cup squad that have been included in the current national football team's roster for the upcoming semi-final round of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

The list of recalled Soca Warriors is headed by World Cup captain Yorke, who, after requesting a meeting with T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) special advisor Jack Warner on Monday, made himself available for national team selection, and is set to return for the qualifying campaign.

Also recalled are Coventry City midfielder Christopher Birchall, Wrexham midfielder Silvio Spann, Clico San Juan Jabloteh right defender Cyd Gray, Miami FC left defender Avery John and Kansas City Wizards forward Scott Sealy.

Contacted by the Express yesterday, Spann was pleasantly surprised.

"I did not know....but, God works in mysterious ways. It is always an honour to represent my country and every time I am given the opportunity to play, I give my all...I guess that's why I sometimes get injured in the process."

Gray was pleased, but is still recovering from a broken leg.

"Well, I am quite pleased to be considered again, but there is still some doubt because of the injury I sustained," Gray confessed. "Right now I have just started back to play for about half hour. I have been doing therapy for the past three months, but basically now I am just working on match fitness and I do not want to get back into it too early."

In a T&TFF release, yesterday, team manager David Muhammad said the newly recalled players could be back in T&T colours as early as this month when T&T face Netherlands Antilles in a friendly international, tentatively set for July 17 here in T&T.

"I have communicated with each of these players who all expressed their absolute zeal to represent Trinidad and Tobago on the football field once again. We are very confident that this enthusiasm will add an element of renewed excitement in the team as well as with the public.

"We are also hoping to include each of these nationals in our squads for at least one or more of the upcoming friendly international matches within the next few weeks before the August 20 qualification fixture away to Cuba."

Warner, who announced that he is seeking to have Digicel sponsor a friendly international against Haiti in early August, continues to have faith in coach Francisco Maturana.

"Whichever players the coach wants he will get but I will not pick players for him nor impose any players on him. It is expected that he will come under fire. When you try out and you build and you try different permutations you come under fire.

The only time a coach doesn't come under fire is when he wins or qualifies. I am sure that Maturana, with his experience, is used to this and therefore I am not worried. Absolutely I will continue to keep faith in him."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spann surprised at national team recall.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »
Here's what gets me ... yuh ramp up with certain dominant players and we end up playing the Netherlands Antilles ... steups ... bare tata.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
Anybody realise that we drop down to 102 in the world, and 10th in concacaf, even behind Surinam. Time to wakeup and win big games

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:09:38 PM »
Mohammad say he contact all the players and they were enthusiastic about getting a call up, but Spann and Gray did not know they were included? hmmmm  :-X

Big Up!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 03:12:02 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »
Anybody realise that we drop down to 102 in the world, and 10th in concacaf, even behind Surinam. Time to wakeup and win big games

Warner and other leaders wait till thing go bad to finally notice the current squad was not that talented.  Bring back Beenhaker's players

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »

Warner and other leaders wait till thing go bad to finally notice the current squad was not that talented.  Bring back Beenhaker's players
Hooray!!Better late than never. Let us hope Birchall and company can provide the goods.  :)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
Mohammad say he contact all the players and they were enthusiastic about getting a call up, but Spann and Gray did not know they were included? hmmmm  :-X

Big Up!

Nah, I interpreted the above to mean that they told the Express how they felt at being recalled having spoken to Muhammad already....ah willing to give de TTFF/Muhammad the benefit of the doubt on this one...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
Finally

Look how members of  the Soca Warriors Discussion Forum tell you so Sicko.....Why all things must be last minute so..... >:(

If you only open your eyes and humble yourself and take a little advice from some of the distinguished individuals on this site,you would have been saved a lot of grief........... :devil:

Trust me Sicko,the Soca Warriors fan base Know they ball and their advice is FREEEEEEEEEEE

Jack you are just full of Jokes.... :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »
Spann not u alone as 4 d benefit of d doubt me eh sooooooooooo gracious d players learn via dis site oh Isaac 98.1
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »
Spann better step up, we had nuff expection for him at one time but never really live up to his name.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »

I wanted to say this before..... I am glad he is in infact I am jumping for joy....

Now as for 2006 wasn't he in the same boot as Hyland? He was  playing in a club and he was on the WC team. No one here complaint...... No one argued why.    Hyland is in the same boot now and yet everyone (sorry most complained ..prior to seing him play).   

Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 07:57:23 AM »

I wanted to say this before..... I am glad he is in infact I am jumping for joy....

Now as for 2006 wasn't he in the same boot as Hyland? He was  playing in a club and he was on the WC team. No one here complaint...... No one argued why.    Hyland is in the same boot now and yet everyone (sorry most complained ..prior to seing him play).   

That's because the no club thing is/was being used as an excuse for Jack and them to exclude certain players. It was not being used as an excuse in 2006.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »

Exactly.......completely different circumstances

That's because the no club thing is/was being used as an excuse for Jack and them to exclude certain players. It was not being used as an excuse in 2006.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
Greetings to one and all, and blessings from the the man above to each and everyone. I haven't gone to serve the master for a few Sundays, de family and I went dis morning. I had some commitments to fulfil, so I would still give my thanks and praise, but just couldn't go wid de family on a Sunday. However, I was blessed wid de opportunity to go and give thanks this morning. Well it seem like my visit was rewarded wid dis post. Good lawd, what a post to see after taking a few days from de forum, give thanks all de time people, dat is not luck people, dat is de father at work.

Well as for my visit to the building of pray, I must admit, having not been there for a while now, I had some trouble sitting and standing in one area for 2-3 hours. I had to go and energize meh battery(coffee) at the cafeteria in de rear of the building and den I returned to my seat. Well boi, like I had 2 much coffee, cuz when is time to leave, ah was shaking each and every member hand dat I saw, ah was 2 hype now, ah didn't want tuh leave de people building nah. De wife had tuh give meh a look, fuh meh tuh get de picture yes. Ah know ah didn't say anything on de thread yet, just remember, Supa have his own styling round here, I doh follow anyone and how dey post, dis is my style. Ah does talk about any thing under any thread  ;). Also very important, ah just thought dat ah should share dat wid all yuh, cuz doh matter who yuh give thanks to, it is nice to make some time for him. Give thanks.

Well to de thread now ;D. Dat is one of de reasons it is nice to take a few days off from de forum. cuz some times things get boring and stale at times, so it is nice to a breath and come again. Well dis is very sweet my good lawd, de stars and dem coming back, one by one. Damn dis is a sweet, sweet, year for sports, well at least de rest of it. Miami Heat wid Wade and Beasley, den de T&T team looking good again. Congrats to uncle Jack, de coach and players called up so far. Mr.Warner you have done what I always believe you does best, dat is doing what is best for our country, may de man above bless your heart Mr.Warner.  Supa said dat, and I do mean dat my brother. Dey hate yuh round here, but Supa still have nuff love and respect for you. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade, Beasley and Marion - De real deal
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 01:52:27 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 12:11:07 PM »

How all yuh so my friend? Babalawo, dis is nothing personally directed at you, but also to all de Warner haters. It seem day doh matter what Mr.Warner do, all yuh does still criticise de man. At least for once, leave all de money accusation thing out of all yuh head, and just try and appreciate his efforts nah man, good lawd. Please some of you all try dat and see if all yuh heart might still beat after dat  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »
Supa yuh waxin u need 2 go 2 church more often
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

How all yuh so my friend? Babalawo, dis is nothing personally directed at you, but also to all de Warner haters. It seem day doh matter what Mr.Warner do, all yuh does still criticise de man. At least for once, leave all de money accusation thing out of all yuh head, and just try and appreciate his efforts nah man, good lawd. Please some of you all try dat and see if all yuh heart might still beat after dat  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.

agreed! :beermug:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
Supa yuh waxin u need 2 go 2 church more often

Oh boi, am I dat bad  :-\? HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 12:54:20 PM »
Yep u have been baddddddddddd Supa baddddddddddddddd

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 12:54:41 PM »

Omar, give yuh breddah ah break nah man  ;D. Am I dat bad family  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
Yep u have been baddddddddddd Supa baddddddddddddddd

Oh boi, well I do apologise den  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »

Omar, give yuh breddah ah break nah man  ;D. Am I dat bad family  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.

how yuh mean? i agreeing with yuh..

men cyah give credit where credit due as far as jack concerned.

"Warner donates millions to charity" immediately equals "Jack must be find ah way to siphone funds from de charity into he personal account. Let Jack haul he mudda so and so with he charity etc etc"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 01:33:40 PM »

Omar, give yuh breddah ah break nah man  ;D. Am I dat bad family  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.

how yuh mean? i agreeing with yuh..

men cyah give credit where credit due as far as jack concerned.

"Warner donates millions to charity" immediately equals "Jack must be find ah way to siphone funds from de charity into he personal account. Let Jack haul he mudda so and so with he charity etc etc"

Oh boi  :o. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 02:03:18 PM »
Hey SUPA

As yuh wasnt here for a few days....yuh see LATAPY new trim?

Yuh might hadda change yuh avatar.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 02:25:21 PM »
Hey SUPA

As yuh wasnt here for a few days....yuh see LATAPY new trim?

Yuh might hadda change yuh avatar.

Yuh believe ah just finished pulling up dat thread, well ah doh rate dat cut at all nah. Wid all due respect tuh meh idol, but ah go pass on dat present photo  ;D. But den again, is he and his family have tuh like de look, so big up self Latapy. Well may be when it grow back some more and he fade it and thing, he might look ah little more presentable  :-\. However, small thing doh, cuzz ball head, grey hear, rasta hear, all kind ah hair cut, de man is still we general yes.

Hair cut or not, yuh know he football brains wasn't left wid his hair at de barber shop or where ever he cut his hair  ;). So large up yuh self Latapy, well ah know yuh does take yuh lil read on de forum. So while we at it, when yuh coming back to help yuh country one more time. Your fans and country need you one more time boss, yuh see Yorke coming back, so do ah thing fuh we one more time sah  :praying:. We not rushing yuh, enjoy yuh summer and train hard wid Falkirk, just be ready for August, we need you, we need you, please, please  :beermug: HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:28:07 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »
[/quote

Does anyone remember when we were ranked in 50's in the world like two years ago? Now we at 102.  Do we have some stats anybody for the last couple of years on we rankins with FIFA
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
Supa- Like you need an anointing. I see that you were shaking like crazy.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 02:09:02 AM »

I find praising Jack for bringing back these players is like when a drunk driver fall asleep at the wheel and bounce down a man on the side of the road, then, when he tie a tournequet around the man leg he get praise for his actions...STUEEPS!!!

No pat on yuh back for doing what you supposed to do in the first place and no praise for facking up a situation then finally trying to set it right.
Maturana shoulda been called these men, and Jack shoulda had all the 2006 WC players steady playing together for the past 2 years so we would not now, be starting our 2010 preperations a month before the 1 match in the next rounds that we almost miss.

Fack Jack.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
Agreed... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »

I find praising Jack for bringing back these players is like when a drunk driver fall asleep at the wheel and bounce down a man on the side of the road, then, when he tie a tournequet around the man leg he get praise for his actions...STUEEPS!!!

No pat on yuh back for doing what you supposed to do in the first place and no praise for facking up a situation then finally trying to set it right.
Maturana shoulda been called these men, and Jack shoulda had all the 2006 WC players steady playing together for the past 2 years so we would not now, be starting our 2010 preperations a month before the 1 match in the next rounds that we almost miss.

Fack Jack.

What about ensuring that your travel agency, hotel, the coal pot catering, son communications and contracts for building new stadia for a WC that was supposed to benefit the country go to your pocket ? then lending back to the association some of this ill gotten gains ? Nice man ! You have the Keys to de whole place !

now noone, noone can take the place of You , Yoouuu ,  ( sung to the tune by Alicia Keys )

1]; } ?>