April 27, 2024, 12:36:16 AM

Author Topic: Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.  (Read 13391 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:17:44 AM »
Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
... Dwight to rejoin team for qualifiers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

The management and coaching staff of the National Senior Team have revealed six new additions that will be included in the team’s roster for the upcoming semi-final round of the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

T&T begins its semi-final round campaign away to Cuba on August 20 and among the players invited to join the team for international friendlies before that date include Coventry City midfielder Christopher Birchall, Wrexham midfielder Silvio Spann, Clico San Juan Jabloteh defender Cyd Gray, Miami FC defender Avery John and Kansas City Wizards forward Scott Sealy. And added to that list is former national captain Dwight Yorke, who at a meeting on his request with TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner on Monday, made himself available for National Team selection and is set to return for the qualifying campaign. Warner had hinted at this some weeks ago and while in the country last week the Sunderland midfielder confirmed his interest and availability to represent the country again.

These added names will make it a number of seventeen players on the T&T roster so far in the 2008 international campaign who were part of the 2006 World Cup squad with the rest including Dennis Lawrence, Clayton Ince, Densill Theobald, Collin Samuel, Jason Scotland, Aurtis Whitley, Kenwyne Jones, Carlos Edwards, Stern John, Cornell Glen and Anthony Wolfe.

Team manager David Muhammad said that some of the new players called could be back in T&T colours as early as this month when T&T faces Netherlands Antilles in a friendly international (tentatively set for July 17 in Trinidad).

“I have communicated with each of these players who all expressed their absolute zeal to represent Trinidad & Tobago on the football field once again,” Muhammad told TTFF Media on Thursday evening.

“We are very confident that this enthusiasm will add an element of renewed excitement in the team as well as with the public. We are also hoping to include each of these nationals in our squads for at least one or more of the upcoming Friendly International matches within the next few weeks before the August 20th qualification fixture away to Cuba.”

Warner also revealed that during his trip to Haiti this week, talks were held with Haitian Football Federation President Yves Jean Bart over the staging of a friendly international between Haiti and T&T in Port-Au-Prince before the start of the semi-final round and details are to be worked out.

“That will be done in early August. I will talk to Digicel to ask them to sponsor the event as they have done in El Salvador and Guatemala. I am hopeful that Digicel, as sponsor as the Haitian National Team and the CFU, will accept my request to sponsor the encounter,” Warner said.

Commenting on the inclusion of the mentioned players, Warner said: “I am aware of this. I had a meeting with Dwight on Monday at his request. Dwight offered to play for the national team. He suggested some players who we should look at and we held some discussions with the coach. The coach is considering whether those players have the value that Dwight believes or not. He was happy to hear about Dwight’s availability.”

Adding that he was already aware that Birchall and Gray had already been in touch with manager Muhammad, Warner continued:  “Whichever players the coach wants… he will get but I will not pick players for him nor impose any players on him.”

The TTFF Special Advisor said he continues to have faith in Maturana at the helm of the Team.

“It is expected that he will come under fire. When you try out and you build and you try different permutations… you come under fire. The only time a coach doesn’t come under fire is when he wins or qualifies. I am sure that Maturana, with his experience, is used to this and therefore I am not worried. Absolutely I will continue to keep faith in him,” Warner concluded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:53:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »
jack just full of shit but it is nice to see avery, birchall and company added to the roster.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
ah dreamin

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
Mark my words forumites............the bachannal now start!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 08:28:12 AM »
Change is inevitable.Every article on blacklisted players, every post and every piece of media attention (no matter how small) caused change.

Perhaps i'll delete this from youtube.....or leave it as a solemn reminder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8rX07fNEU

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
thank u white yorke for openin ur mouth...i doh kno why im still nervous tho

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »
wheyyyyyyyy best news I hear so far...me mum, Avery John in de mix now.

but i agree with yuh andre samuel, de flicking bachannal now start!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 08:33:35 AM »
Is about forkin time! Jacks pocketbook takes precenence over his pride. Look at what our small band of players and supporters have achieved, victory (of sorts) over one of the most powerful figures in world sport, a man formidable enough to have the English FA eating from his hands. Eat humble pie Mr. Warner!!!

And the fight has just begun. Now lets try to make sure he does not  forget he has limits to his power and can never exert such a heavy casualty on sport in this country again.

I did not see BRENT SANCHO name there yet either
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:35:13 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »
So the only man who still get salt is SANCHO.  Kelvin Jack too but he injured

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
TTTF: more climb downs than a hoe in villa capri
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
Commenting on the inclusion of the mentioned players, Warner said: “I am aware of this. I had a meeting with Dwight on Monday at his request. Dwight offered to play for the national team. He suggested some players who we should look at and we held some discussions with the coach. The coach is considering whether those players have the value that Dwight believes or not. He was happy to hear about Dwight’s availability.”

Looks like Yorke call ah shot...glad to see them fellas back in de mix...forward ever backward never  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:44:06 AM »
Is about forkin time! Jacks pocketbook takes precenence over his pride. Look at what our small band of players and supporters have achieved, victory (of sorts) over one of the most powerful figures in world sport, a man formidable enough to have the English FA eating from his hands. Eat humble pie Mr. Warner!!!

And the fight has just begun. Now lets try to make sure he does not  forget he has limits to his power and can never exert such a heavy casualty on sport in this country again.

I did not see BRENT SANCHO name there yet either

Together We Aspire......Together We Achieve.........I pray dat we doh let dat vampire make Sancho d sacrificial lamb of this battle........dey played dat divide and conquer game b4 we cah let it happen again............we want ALL d players given an opportunity to represent T&T.....ALL ah dem.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:41 AM »
Imagine Isaac 98.1 had dat story on dey 9:00 news of  course me eh believe dat. Dey good 4 gospel d fella tell meh dey get a scope. I call express etc nobody eh have a clue I now on 2 PM Flex/ Tallman 2 ask dem if dey hear anyting.

Agree wit Andre nuff chaos because if Corneal feel we bitter wait till dey all back in mix nuff team building have 2 take place. For all my bitter posters d wuk eh done Sancho stil in d wilderness
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:09 AM »
thank u white yorke for openin ur mouth...i doh kno why im still nervous tho

I hear yuh splau. An artist can have all the tools necessary to create a masterpiece. The big question is... Does he have the ability to create a one? All de best to de "artist" tho. Hope it's not too late.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:51:59 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 08:56:39 AM »
It looking like Sancho and Jack may have to pay for Paul...

so right now i happysad
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
To whom it may Concern:

Please consider Randi Patterson and Julius James.
Respect and Thanks
Anyone could confirm this  speculation? or is it more smoke up the  arse......?

"Team manager David Muhammad said that some of the new players called could be back in T&T colours as early as this month when T&T faces Netherlands Antilles in a friendly international (tentatively set for July 17 in Trinidad)."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:00:08 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 09:03:04 AM »
I wonder how Sancho feeling? I still not satisfy. HOw do you justify Dwight Yorke pick and leave out Sancho?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
Start the petition for SANCHO!!!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 09:06:16 AM »
Ok and the final piece to the puzzle get ridddd of maturana
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 09:06:43 AM »
Randi Patterson and Julius James...... These 2 players NEED to get call up as well.......i'm glad they finally starting to come to there sences, best of luck guys, show them what was missing.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 09:08:19 AM »
I wonder how Sancho feeling? I still not satisfy. HOw do you justify Dwight Yorke pick and leave out Sancho?
D ting dat pisses me off is how Yorke have d ability to have dese meetings wit Jack to make he own deals and to play when he want to play.  Why d phock Yorke and Latapy had dey own World Cup deal............why d phock we 2 biggest players not are not the FACE of FPATT.............are they members of FPATT.  Come nah man.  Have they been lobbying to set things right for the blacklisted players?  Or are they more concerned bout dey future?  Come nah man.......is not just d future of football we fighting for......is also the future of the youths of T&T.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »
Dey usin d fact dat he eh have a club once dat is sorted out dey eh go have a choice. We always know dat Jack and Sancho would b d last 2 b recalled but d bitter posse wuk eh done.

We also need Samuel back and as trini 2010 say Pancho need 2 go if he feel dat it had gellin issues b4 he eh c nutten yet plus he cyah coach
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:26:35 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »
Still would have liked to see Julius James, Brent Sancho and we best goal keeper Kelvin Jack back in de mix as well. 3 positions we need help in badly.

Fellas, I feeling real good...

Andre Boucaud is a player I really liked...... he should be considered as well...

Thank you Jack !!!!!!!!! now do de right thing and get Latapy to be a player/assistant coach, get rid of Anton Corneal and he father and call back the 3 players I mention above and we good to go.

Ah feel USA could get ah good run this rounds......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »
What more ought to be done to influence the selectors to get these players in:

" Julius James, Brent Sancho and we best goal keeper Kelvin Jack back in de mix as well. 3 positions we need help in badly."
Sam

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
Dwight not Latas is a member of FPATT. Dem fellas dissapoint meh I eh go lie dey in meh deep freeze. Dem is older statesmen even if dey had dey own deal dey know dat d 0ther 21 had a deal 2. God doh sleep so dat is y dey eh get all dey money as well

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
so who else on dis roster? who r d locals? i hope those that impressed wud be retained an oh gorm GIVE GUERRA AH BLIGH NAH!!!!

PACHO TUNE IN TO FSC 8:30 TOMORRO NITE AN HAV A LOOK AT JULIUS JAMES (IF HE START THAT IS)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
Great news.

Sancho does not deserve to be there just yet. 

He still needs to prove himself and his match fitness.

Neither does Jack as he is still injured.

Finally good sense is prevailing.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »
i hope fellahs like leon, guerra, hardest and marvin phillips can still get a chance,  :beermug: bc they can contribute immensely to the team

God is de BOSS....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 09:28:56 AM by TI »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:31:34 AM »
Where is Hardest at d moment meh eh have no problem wit Sancho not being called at d moment let him sign 4 d club but dey could only know how fit he is if dey give he ah call up so I know is badmind ting still wit dem

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 09:50:27 AM »
Listen brethren- Somehow we miss the point that Maturana made and that is whether they can bring value to the team.
 Now I know that the man is not versed in the English language but I have this sneaky feeling that he means, does not fit into his philosophy.
 However the good news is that he will be able to see these tried and tested and that justice would have prevailed.
 Even the manager had to admit that there is great enthusiasm from the fans .
 Power to the people= To the Soca warriors on line fanatics- Lasana Liburd and Yorke.
Good will always trump Evil.
 Do not be overcome by Evil but overcome Evil with Good

1]; } ?>