April 25, 2024, 05:38:34 AM

Author Topic: Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.  (Read 13365 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2008, 02:41:53 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we have a fighting chance.
Quality is quality.

Just make sure Guerra and Leon in d squad to learn and grow and we can definitely qualify.
Concacaf is not a difficult federation to qualify out of. We have to keep this is mind.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »
like someone said earlier now we need to fire Anton and bring in Latas as assistant coach/player

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »
WHOO!! HOO!!
Now let's get down to business...we HAVE to come through the qualifiers
finally some hope ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »
Anton and Maturana needs 2 b shown d door and Fuentes by u puttin man name like Theobald eh foolin we. We know who was blacklisted, who eventually sided wit dey brudders and who didn't
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »
This is news to make oman cry...at least now we'll have a fighting chance...welcome back boys...

Brent - we will continue to support...fingers crossed...hope to see u in the red, white and black soon...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:51:59 PM by kandi_tt »
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »
I was wondering too if Yorke joining the team wasn't conditional that these other players be considered. Guess we'll never know.

If that's the case then it's interesting that Yorke didn't insist on Sancho being given a chance? :thinking:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
Great News...  Hopefully Sancho Theobald and Samuel can eventually be invited back... we still have guys like Julias James and Nigel Daniel to be considered   and hopefully the Ince saga can resolve and when K.Jack is fit he too can be called back

My starting XI and 18 for Cuba as things stand:

Gk: Ince/Jack

RB: Spann
CB: Gray
CB: Lawrence
LB: Avery

RW: Carlos
CDM: Birchall
CM: Hyland
CAM: Yorke
LW: Whitley

ST: Stern Legend 14 John

Bench: Ince/Jack..Telesford..Hislop...Tinto..Daniel..Roberts..Scotland

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
good 2 see de bwoys dem comming together.. good luck warriors
War

Black Lives Matter..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »
Great News...  Hopefully Sancho Theobald and Samuel can eventually be invited back... we still have guys like Julias James and Nigel Daniel to be considered   and hopefully the Ince saga can resolve and when K.Jack is fit he too can be called back

??? all of a sudden he jumping in the squad?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:39:25 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »
That is good news.  This team just get real hard for anybody to beat.  We might be seeing the toughest qualifying contest for our region to date.  Mexico and USA ent walking in I telling allyuh that from now.  All them fellas go prove they value.  Watch ting.  ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »

He's the next best Winger   .... anyone who knows anything about T&T Footy would agree with that

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »

He's the next best Winger   .... anyone who knows anything about T&T Footy would agree with that

But I mean all of a sudden Maturana aint gonna pick him when was down the road all this time. over the likes of other locals maturana in love like like Kevin Carter, Ataullah Guerra, etc

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
If Maturana luv Guerra what he would have done if he had hate him
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 10:54:39 PM »
Anton and Maturana needs 2 b shown d door and Fuentes by u puttin man name like Theobald eh foolin we. We know who was blacklisted, who eventually sided wit dey brudders and who didn't
Weary...what yuh mean by dat?....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
It gives d appearance dat all d blacklisted players are back but Denzil was neva blacklisted he bailed on his teammates after he was promised d captuncee

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 11:40:58 PM »
Alyuh doh get too excited .. memba Jack sey dem fellas aint played in Months.. Jack even sey Birchall eh have a team.. But good to see de bwoys back .. trust Mi "me Mum " go do him thing ..  Yorke (forgave mi for the things I said bout him in de pass) but this man is a real trooper .. I think if there was no football to be played yorke go end up in st anns.. de man love football too much.. I never see a man love football like Yorke. Even though de man dont see eye to eye wid warner he always ready to deck out in we the colours to represent..
Now my final 6 will look like this
Trinidad
USA
Mexico
Jamaica
Elsalvador
Haiti
War
good luck Warriors..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2008, 01:35:47 AM »
Yorke does U-turn over Trinidad

U-turn ... Dwight Yorke.
U-turn ... Dwight Yorke.
U-turn ... Dwight Yorke.
Click on thumbnail to view image

« Previous
« Previous
Next »
Next »
View Gallery
ADVERTISEMENT
SUNDERLAND'S Dwight Yorke has come out of international retirement in a bid to inspire Trinidad and Tobago to a second successive World Cup finals.
The 36-year-old, who agreed a new one-year contract with the Black Cats earlier this month, is among six players added to the Soca Warriors squad for next month`s qualifying match with Cuba.

The former national team captain requested a meeting with T&T Football Federation and FIFA vice president Jack Warner on Monday, where he made himself available as the Soca Warriors seek to qualify for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"I had a meeting with Dwight on Monday at his request," Warner said.

"Dwight offered to play for the national team. The coach (Francisco Maturana) was happy to hear about Dwight's availability."

Yorke, who has had spells at Aston Villa, Manchester United and Blackburn, featured in the 3-0 loss to England in June in what was scheduled to be a one-off appearance after he announced his intention to retire following the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Trinidad and Tobago travel to Cuba on August 20.
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2008, 06:27:09 AM »
Positive news. Remember these are some of the same players that Jackulito wanted to throw into de rubbish dump of history and, as he put it, nevah wear de socawarriors' juzzy again. Lesson: Doh take on and geh put off by de verbal diarrhea comin' out of Jackuito's mouth and to a lesser extent by his supporters. Just press on demanding appropriate dealings.

Now forumites need to understand that part of the reason that Jackulito, Anton "Alcons Forever" Cornmeal and other powers-that-be backtracked, is because of the pressure applied by concerned  members in the lobby groups, FPATT, blogs like this, the traditional press and other stakeholders behind de scenes. So remain vigilant and before de wine on a bam bam and premature celebration starts, we would be well advised to keep de presshah on Jackulito, Scamps and Rodent as dey eh finish doin' wickedness.

The most despised of the blacklist 16 bunch will be the last to be gven a nod (or sorry a consideration), so there probably still is some dirty divide and rule and a li'l flavour of persecution goin' on. I will wait to see what is done about FPATT's trailblazers Sancho and Jack as the campaign goes on. We cyah afford to fart around wit' de defense as dat eh we strong point historically and these 2 warriors need to be supported for trials, not blindly, but fairly.

One good thing, wit' Yorke comin' back, is tings eh go be de same, as if he also believes Sancho and Jack shoud be recalled, then it will happen. Well done SW.net .... big up for your contribution.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:34:33 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 07:12:54 AM »
Agent Jack Bauer I have to say that they are very good questions you ask but people on this MB wont agree with you,the majority of members only see what they want to see.I totally agree with your reservations,well spoken.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Before we get giddy with excitement at this seemingly change of direction,  could some one provide some transparency as to the terms or conditions associated with this latest reinstatement?
Could this be:

1. a good will gesture?

2. Pressure from the fans and public?

3. An attempt at an out of court settlement?

4. A failed attempt to  achieve success with less skilled players

5. a change of heart by the TTFF

We should be use to this by now of the TTFF M.O.  KEEP PEOPLE IN ONE DIRECTION AND IN SUSPENSE AND WHEN THE HEAT IS ON CHANGE DIRECTIONS.  Recall the WC qualifiers and team prior to the hiring of Beenhakker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doh want to mash upo the thunder but somebody ought to provide some answers.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »
AB Trini, I gave it some thought even before I read your post yesterday.  Thing is we may never know how these players came to be recalled....I just want them to use the opportunity to show all and sundry that they deserve a place on the team....they will be under a microscope for sure, but they have to use the adversity to prove their detractors wrong.. :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:46:11 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »
Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
“It is expected that he will come under fire. When you try out and you build and you try different permutations… you come under fire. The only time a coach doesn’t come under fire is when he wins or qualifies. I am sure that Maturana, with his experience, is used to this and therefore I am not worried. Absolutely I will continue to keep faith in him,” Warner concluded.

we ketch arse against Bermuda  ad yet yuh have faith mr warner lord help us
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2008, 08:04:45 AM »
Six players added to Soca Warriors roster.
“It is expected that he will come under fire. When you try out and you build and you try different permutations… you come under fire. The only time a coach doesn’t come under fire is when he wins or qualifies. I am sure that Maturana, with his experience, is used to this and therefore I am not worried. Absolutely I will continue to keep faith in him,” Warner concluded.

we ketch arse against Bermuda  ad yet yuh have faith mr warner lord help us

Doh bother wid he.....dey flicking experiment and obvious bad mind blow up in dey face....but he too bold face and eh have no shame to admit it....nasty vampire...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »
Positive news. Remember these are some of the same players that Jackulito wanted to throw into de rubbish dump of history and, as he put it, nevah wear de socawarriors' juzzy again. Lesson: Doh take on and geh put off by de verbal diarrhea comin' out of Jackuito's mouth and to a lesser extent by his supporters. Just press on demanding appropriate dealings.

Now forumites need to understand that part of the reason that Jackulito, Anton "Alcons Forever" Cornmeal and other powers-that-be backtracked, is because of the pressure applied by concerned  members in the lobby groups, FPATT, blogs like this, the traditional press and other stakeholders behind de scenes. So remain vigilant and before de wine on a bam bam and premature celebration starts, we would be well advised to keep de presshah on Jackulito, Scamps and Rodent as dey eh finish doin' wickedness.

The most despised of the blacklist 16 bunch will be the last to be gven a nod (or sorry a consideration), so there probably still is some dirty divide and rule and a li'l flavour of persecution goin' on. I will wait to see what is done about FPATT's trailblazers Sancho and Jack as the campaign goes on. We cyah afford to fart around wit' de defense as dat eh we strong point historicaly and these 2 warriors need to be supported for trials, not blindly, but fairly.

One good thing, wit' Yorke comin' back, is tings eh go be de same, as if he also believes Sancho and Jack shoud be recalled, then it will happen. Well done. SW.net .... big up for your contribution.
:applause: :applause: :applause:
One victory for the pen over the sword.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
I wonder who going to be the skipper now?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

TrinInfinite

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »
yorke will be the skipper, its obvious :beermug: i stated this before and man talk a setta nonesense

God is de BOSS....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »
Thanks to Marx for introducing us to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX8rX07fNEU

and while we at it ....

... we might as well get acquainted and network with the movers and shakers shown here and discussed in the interview after:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTrSyLWXMYA&feature=related

Big up.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Are The Blacklisted 6
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »
going to really get a fair chance..............will they be selected for the final squad if they are the best selection?

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are The Blacklisted 6
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
im still mad Sancho won't be there.....ESPECIALLY in our central defense where we need SO MUCH HELP!!! 

WHO CAN PENETRATE HIM AND LAWRENCE????!!!!??!?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Are The Blacklisted 6
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »
i hope so, but my gut feelin is dey wouldn't get a fair chance. not wid jackula in d mix. i feel dey recall dem 6 jus to shut we up and to keep we preoccupied for d time being.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

1]; } ?>