April 27, 2024, 12:53:28 AM

Author Topic: Trini football and its pundits  (Read 24575 times)

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Trini football and its pundits
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »
Good day folk and kin alike,

As an avid and objective reader of the many issues put forward in this forum, I realise, sadly, that, for a large percentage of the forumites, Jack Warner seems to be the bane of football in T&T.

Like Lasana Liburd, a journalist whose intelligence and talent is superceded only by his and his employers thinly veiled personal vendetta against Jack, so do a lot of ppl on this forum so blindly follow in the footsteps of sycophancy.

I am not defending Jack or any of his cohorts, but simply grammatically illustrating how easily we as a ppl are led to be perpetuators of hearsay and innuendo, without the benefit of intelligent or credible information.

Whilst I am certain that there are those amongst us who are privy to highly credible sources and their requisite scoops, honest hearts will admit to lending great amounts of credence to the he say she say philosophy.

Jack may or may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but at the very least, let us procure the definitive evidence to condemn him as one or the other.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:01:15 AM by Flex »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: trini football and its pundits
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21:25 AM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Tigger

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »
huh ??????????????????

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
huh ??????????????????
some things r worth debating and others left to flushed down d toilet

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »
For a first post....  ???

Read through all post with Jack Warner in the 'subject' in the past two years and come again.

BTW...if you really are new to the board...then welcome, but also check out the thread where you talk about yourself and how yuh learn about the board and favourite team and player and things like that...put in some stuff there.

Word of advice....cyah help out with the first post again...but doh let the second one mention the names Jack Warner, Camps, Wim and Corneal in the vane that your first post took  ;)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:48:50 AM »
Hello Darryl how you doing ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
Hello Darryl how you doing ?

That is Darryl or Darryan ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
welcome to the board diamondtrim...

i thought that was an excellent first post.. a different perspective is welcome.

the majority of posters on this board are understandably so deeply entrenched in their hatred of jack warner and the TTFF that it is difficult to have objective discussion on anything regarding that subject matter. 

so hope yuh back broad.  :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »
welcome to the board diamondtrim...

i thought that was an excellent first post.. a different perspective is welcome.

the majority of posters on this board are understandably so deeply entrenched in their hatred of jack warner and the TTFF that it is difficult to have objective discussion on anything regarding that subject matter. 

so hope yuh back broad.  :beermug:

But Omar, the man say we need to procure evidence before we could say anything bad about Jack.....you doh find there is more than enough evidence out there to show that more often than not, his main interest is fattening his own pocket, regardless of how many ppl he have to step on?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:37:00 AM by trinikev »
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini football and its pundits
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:13 AM »
you taking on Omar ?  he playing devils advocate
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:52:46 AM »
you taking on Omar ?  he playing devils advocate

Why u insultin devil's advocates so?    Wha dem do yuh? ??? 8)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:19:21 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
"As soon as K P M G audit d books we will tell dem......"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

As an avid and objective reader of the many issues put forward in this forum, I realise, sadly, that, for a large percentage of the forumites, Jack Warner seems to be the bane of football in T&T.

Like Lasana Liburd, a journalist whose intelligence and talent is superceded only by his and his employers thinly veiled personal vendetta against Jack, so do a lot of ppl on this forum so blindly follow in the footsteps of sycophancy.

I am not defending Jack or any of his cohorts, but simply grammatically illustrating how easily we as a ppl are led to be perpetuators of hearsay and innuendo, without the benefit of intelligent or credible information.

Whilst I am certain that there are those amongst us who are privy to highly credible sources and their requisite scoops, honest hearts will admit to lending great amounts of credence to the he say she say philosophy.

Jack may or may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but at the very least, let us procure the definitive evidence to condemn him as one or the other.

Now I eh no english teacher but obvious contradictions are present here ......
You are of course making bold assumptions in some cases ..... which as an avid and objective reader you shouldn't be making ....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43:13 AM »
huh ??????????????????
padnah that was my initial reaction.......huh?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »

Arrite let me humor you here...who hiring de coach? who firing de coach? who blacklisting players? who financing de TTFF? who selling world cup tickets? who making all de decisions for TnT football?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 10:59:48 AM »
" we will have a scanner to detect falsified tickeths " .... Scanner what scanner ? ... ticketgate, scannergate, travel agency gate , auditgate ..it have so many gates it eh have no walls !! We working on de accounts audit .... just give we de money ....doh ask for no accounts or we go play all we home games overseas ! ... Maybe you had a 25 year nap ?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »
welcome to de board YOUTHMAN!
pull files or talk to older heads jed, then u go know what is de real scene.....not saying the ole Jack eh do some good eh, but de bad far, far outweigh the good!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »

You mean your a NEW and avid reader on here .You have to go back to all the old post ,from years ago huh .
Every week ppl trickle een .and want to know why we hate jack .ok this an e.g in the 73 game against Haiti ,jack was eating steaks with the leaders ,while the player get some bread . Then a sold the game to them .WC will remember the story better than me .
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:06:28 AM by Quagmire »

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 11:25:34 AM »
Jack Warner has finally registered on the forum I see...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
allyuh bothering with dis shithong??

Any 'avid and objective' reader of this forum wouldn't be sad that many see Jack as a 'bane' of TnT football.

steups

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
 :yawning: aye watch nah  f&*k jack, i going back and sleep.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
I fine de man talk good...plenty plenty trinbago people does subscribe to the 'he say,she say' school of objectivity

diamondtrim, i dont know how long you have been lurking, but there is a well spring of objective 'evidence' indicating  jacks' nefarious hands with regard to the TT football as far back as the 1970's on this very board.
(I think dreamer had compiled them nicely into at least a 4 page post)

My question is do you have any counter 'evidence' of his great philanthropic gestures with regard to football (other than marvin lee's medical bills?)

oh, and with ah name like diamondtrim....I really kinda hopin you is a woman *fingers crossed*
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »
Wow....such passionate responses. Before I proceed, I wish to state that I am extremely pleased to receive such a volley of verbosities indicating my perceived indiscretion...yet none with the connotation of insult or ridicule. It shows that this forum is populated with intelligence. Now on to my response.....

My point in my maiden post has seemd to touch a nerve amongst my now fellow forumites....an emotional nerve at that. Not once did anyone postulate definitively, a reason outlining such hatred for Jack. Apparently lost in the vitriol, was my assertion that we not condemn nor present Jack as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It serves to solidify my perception that we are happy to impugn someones character on the precept of wild and baseless accusations.

Lest it be misunderstood, I am forced to once more impress what I previously did, and state categorically, I am not defending Jack or his cohorts. But is it fair that we constantly tear down ANYONE against whom we may have personal grievance?

C'mon lads.......Jack may be the ripper, the epitome of all that is wrong with T&T football, the anchor that maintains our level of mediocrity, or any other analagy you may want to add.......but he also may not be.

Remove yourselves from personal goals of revenge and persecution....be objective ppl. The end result could be unchanged.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
steups!!

....interpret dat however de hell yuh want....and oh yeah, welcome...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
Like we say ,u getting that feeling ,cause your new .Do some research ,it come like page 375 ,of a 500 page Novel ,and complaining ,you doh understand. 

oh man or woman ?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 12:03:44 PM »
C'mon lads.......Jack may be the ripper, the epitome of all that is wrong with T&T football, the anchor that maintains our level of mediocrity, or any other analagy you may want to add.......but he also may not be.

ok then...who else could it be?....
camps?
sylvia hunt?
mr .white.... in the study with a candlestick?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
Prejudice is most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil hasnt been loosened or fertilised by the seeds of education.....it grows there firm as weeds amongst stones.

My research is complete, maybe you should attempt same. I can list a liatny of benevolent and noble gestures attempted by Jack, and at the same time present a plethora of ineptitudes commited by him.....the point being that we should be objective in our analyses and not predispose ourselves to condemnation.....

But alas.....allyuh harden!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
Again steups....and yes interpret however yuh want...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 12:41:33 PM »
oh jesus christ. here we go wid one ah dese...oh well we all-welcoming on dis forum. KISS??
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
Prejudice is most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil hasnt been loosened or fertilised by the seeds of education.....it grows there firm as weeds amongst stones.

My research is complete, maybe you should attempt same. I can list a liatny of benevolent and noble gestures attempted by Jack, and at the same time present a plethora of ineptitudes commited by him.....the point being that we should be objective in our analyses and not predispose ourselves to condemnation.....

But alas.....allyuh harden!!

You seem to imploring that an objective analysis of Jack be exercised. In considering the "liatny of benevolent and noble gestures attempted by Jack, and at the same time present a plethora of ineptitudes commited by him", what, may I ask, is your conclusion after your objective analysis of Jack W?

1]; } ?>