March 29, 2024, 09:53:54 AM

Author Topic: Trini football and its pundits  (Read 24419 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini football and its pundits
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
oh, and with ah name like diamondtrim....I really kinda hopin you is a woman *fingers crossed*

precisely ... although I eh sure why we need to know ... ah well

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
Prejudice is most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil hasnt been loosened or fertilised by the seeds of education.....it grows there firm as weeds amongst stones.

My research is complete, maybe you should attempt same. I can list a liatny of benevolent and noble gestures attempted by Jack, and at the same time present a plethora of ineptitudes commited by him.....the point being that we should be objective in our analyses and not predispose ourselves to condemnation.....

But alas.....allyuh harden!!

you would probably have an easier time hosting a thread about african american contributions to society on a KKK forum..

but go thru hard breds..

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
Prejudice is most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil hasnt been loosened or fertilised by the seeds of education.....it grows there firm as weeds amongst stones.

My research is complete, maybe you should attempt same. I can list a liatny of benevolent and noble gestures attempted by Jack, and at the same time present a plethora of ineptitudes commited by him.....the point being that we should be objective in our analyses and not predispose ourselves to condemnation.....

But alas.....allyuh harden!!
Maybe you're here to play devil's advocate..but ah find yuh tone to be somewhat supercilious and pretentious...what exactly is yuh point??????????

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »
MEP...If my tone appears supercilious, I apologise, for it is not my intention.

Omardinho.....your responses seem rooted in intelligence and bordered by sanity....i applaud you. In response to your question...I believe that Jack is a necessary evil in our football landscape, were it not for him and his influence, both financial and political, we may have very well been left in the football wilderness. Similarly, were it not for him, a most potent argument could be put forward that our collective footballing spirit would have been higher and a great deal more transparency would apply to our administration.

But one could not happen without the other.....no blacklist without warner.....no world cup without warner.......no black list without world cup. The list can go on.

The sad thing is that argue as we may, Jack is here, and his roots firmly planted in Trinidad and World football. Those who choose to relentlessly pursue him in hopes of castigation are within their rights to do so, just as those who choose to accept his shortfalls in anticipation of the greater good......be that as it may, jack is no different to the rest of us with a beating heart....his family, pocket and trini football follow in that order on the priority list.

The question is...would any of us be different?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »
Dis diamondtrim soundin like a poster many times reincarnated on dis board.  Monikers easy to change, but postin styles much more difficult to eradicate.  Every now and den a signature phrase does slip.

Been to walmart lately bro?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »

Omardinho.....your responses seem rooted in intelligence and bordered by sanity....i applaud you. In response to your question...I believe that Jack is a necessary evil in our football landscape, were it not for him and his influence, both financial and political, we may have very well been left in the football wilderness. Similarly, were it not for him, a most potent argument could be put forward that our collective footballing spirit would have been higher and a great deal more transparency would apply to our administration.

But one could not happen without the other.....no blacklist without warner.....no world cup without warner.......no black list without world cup. The list can go on.

The sad thing is that argue as we may, Jack is here, and his roots firmly planted in Trinidad and World football. Those who choose to relentlessly pursue him in hopes of castigation are within their rights to do so, just as those who choose to accept his shortfalls in anticipation of the greater good......be that as it may, jack is no different to the rest of us with a beating heart....his family, pocket and trini football follow in that order on the priority list.

If yuh uncle take yuh in, feed yuh, clothe yuh, send yuh to skool, Does that mean  he can bull yuh too ?
[/size]

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »
Welcome...and finally, the one who has mastered the English language has joined us. Diamondtrim is an extremely close friend of mine for almost 20 yrs now and I can assure the forumnites that his sole purpose is to be an influence of order and parity. The topic of Jack Warner, though fiercely debatable, diamondtrim post, challenges us to ask the question, does Jack have the interest of our nation at heart, or his pocket?
In order to rationally come to an unbiased conclusion as to what Jack is all about, I think it only fair that one examines the life and history of Jack Warner. Titled, from zero to hero with Valentino Singh, the story of Jack Warner can be readily studied, analyzed and hopefully an objective conclusion drawn. Im not an expert on human behavior, hence ill never be able to explain the actions of Jack Warner, however after reading his book, I must say people will be surprised to know the risks and believe it or not, selfless acts of compassion displayed by Jack...Im sure that there are several forumnites that have read this book...and I implore the others to find out for yourself, the life and story of Jack Warner...
Welcome diamondtrim.....great post!  :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

I want to address the bolded paragraph. I doh think anybody would deny that Jack is firmly entrenched in T&T football. Nobody ever argues that that is the case. It is the way that he conducts his business with regards to our football that is the issue.

It is one thing to earn profits as a result of hard work and diligence. It is another thing when one makes his money by lying, cheating, stealing and taking advantage of others. For years now Jack has been fattening his wallet by using the latter method, especially in his dealings with our footballers. I will not deny that his influence has afforded us many opportunities, but I for one cannot just sit back and accept his so-called 'shortfalls' when our football continues to suffer as a result.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »
Valentino Singh book is by no means an objective look at Jack Warner's life.

FULL STOP
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »
2 pages of dis thread steups. D internet has been invented just google d name Jack warner and yuh would c what d world not dis MB tink bout d esteem gemntleman the Hon MP 4 Chag West
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
For me personally...i don't care for the man...but he their in place and known one  to step up to the plate and take over fully...all i care is the players who is respresenting the beautiful country of mine>>>>>>>TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO>>>>>>>> and that they perform to the highest standard....cause the bottom line is winning...JW...is not on field playing...but the players whoever they are

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 03:03:17 PM »
It is all quite obvious. FIFA elections are coming up. Jack Warner’s actions have shone a little more light on FIFA “business” than Sepp Blatter would like. Simply put, Jack is on Sepp’s blacklist and will be replaced by another “yes man”. Google Jack Warner and see what happens. All of this talk about Jack being good is simply an attempt to win a few fans after Sepp kicks him out…..just like Ismail Bhamjee (ex-President of the Botswana Football Association and Honorary FIFA member)

P.S. Ismail was fired for selling 12 (only 12) tickets at three times their face value for the Tinidad vs England WC game. Jack’s future is in doubt.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »
I am not one to get into the debate on Jack Warner, but i'll chime in....

To me it's all about Governance we always wish to have good governance by our leaders in society, governance that is fair and transparent. Unfortunately that is not the case when it comes to national football.

Jack however, is very astute in reaching the emotional levels of society and it plays a big part in how he is perceived, not necessarily by the individuals in this forum who he probably doesnt give a damn about. The truth is that in mass society he is perceived as a very generous contributor to society through football and charity and his enemies, be it political or otherwise are easily detracted because of his ability to distract from the public the real issues which unfortunately mass society either do not fully understand or do not care about.

The consumate politician he knows the length and breath of a T&T society and we play to his tune. He knows that the big issue of today is the forgotten issue of tommorow. And there is always the ability to reincarnate oneself as long as gestures of charity remain in the public focus as well as the ability to create a perception of the government as a body that does not embrace football as he embraces and the people of T&T embraces.

He will fight tooth and nail every effort to create infrastructure that will threaten his empire, take note that the only players who he will listen to are those that do not need his money or influcence and they are few and far between. Even those who we know can move football in a posiitve direction are muzzled and hushed to an extent that they end up being the cronies we love to hate.

The reality is that the public at large simply does not care about stadium rental fees, who own the security company, who own d travel agency, who own d tv rights, who is the caterer, who printing and selling tickets, things that the governemt in the mode of transparency simply will not win public support on.

All we care about is supporting our eleven players and being able to celebrate their successes with them. We only get upset when we don't get what we want and that is to win. Jack will do whatever he can to make us happy at the least cost to him. Jack knows us more than some of us know ourselves.

Let the beatings continue.....
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 06:04:39 PM »
Thanks G....thanks.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »
Dis diamondtrim soundin like a poster many times reincarnated on dis board.  Monikers easy to change, but postin styles much more difficult to eradicate.  Every now and den a signature phrase does slip.

Been to walmart lately bro?  ;D
yuh know ah thought bout that person too when ah start reading this
maybe he start going to church too  :devil:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »
Wow....such passionate responses. Before I proceed, I wish to state that I am extremely pleased to receive such a volley of verbosities indicating my perceived indiscretion...yet none with the connotation of insult or ridicule. It shows that this forum is populated with intelligence. Now on to my response.....

Either you can't read...or 'shithong' has lost its meaning..

My point in my maiden post has seemd to touch a nerve amongst my now fellow forumites....an emotional nerve at that. Not once did anyone postulate definitively, a reason outlining such hatred for Jack.

Should we also offer reasons why the sky is blue?  You might be 'new' to the forum but the issue itself isn't...there are enough dead horses on the issue of Jack lying around this forum as is.  A simple 'search' should more than answer your inquiry.

Apparently lost in the vitriol, was my assertion that we not condemn nor present Jack as the greatest thing since sliced bread. It serves to solidify my perception that we are happy to impugn someones character on the precept of wild and baseless accusations.

First off you'd have to list the specific accusations you speak of.  Next you will have to offer evidence that they are indeed baseless... or else you're just talking out yuh ass.

Lest it be misunderstood, I am forced to once more impress what I previously did, and state categorically, I am not defending Jack or his cohorts. But is it fair that we constantly tear down ANYONE against whom we may have personal grievance?

C'mon lads.......Jack may be the ripper, the epitome of all that is wrong with T&T football, the anchor that maintains our level of mediocrity, or any other analagy you may want to add.......but he also may not be.

Remove yourselves from personal goals of revenge and persecution....be objective ppl. The end result could be unchanged.

Then provide such proof or shut yuh falsiloquent ass.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 07:22:16 PM »
Welcome...and finally, the one who has mastered the English language has joined us. Diamondtrim is an extremely close friend of mine for almost 20 yrs now and I can assure the forumnites that his sole purpose is to be an influence of order and parity. The topic of Jack Warner, though fiercely debatable, diamondtrim post, challenges us to ask the question, does Jack have the interest of our nation at heart, or his pocket?
In order to rationally come to an unbiased conclusion as to what Jack is all about, I think it only fair that one examines the life and history of Jack Warner. Titled, from zero to hero with Valentino Singh, the story of Jack Warner can be readily studied, analyzed and hopefully an objective conclusion drawn. Im not an expert on human behavior, hence ill never be able to explain the actions of Jack Warner, however after reading his book, I must say people will be surprised to know the risks and believe it or not, selfless acts of compassion displayed by Jack...Im sure that there are several forumnites that have read this book...and I implore the others to find out for yourself, the life and story of Jack Warner...

...as told by Jack.

Lucky he didn't also tell yuh he was yuh father... yuh mighta run wid dat too.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »
Allyuh doh study this kiss meh ass backside eh..lol
or the sycohpantic next bottom licker called truff..he go wipe diamondtrim ass going and coming.
i know dem 2 homos
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »

Maybe you should research the origins of said book.... Tino was Jack biggest critic.... on the news , Tv etc. so Jack gave him a " book deal " and all such talk done ! You really think if Jack was serious bout writing his history he woulda give the task to that famous yet unpublished writer Valentino Singh ? ...Jack is an International figure  and the vice president of one of the most powerful sporting associations in the world.
He did a similar thing to Shabazz...another former critic who wrote for de Mirror.... I heard JacK say ...dat fella Shabazz , I think I will talk with him " the rest is history folks ...now I eh no fool I know Jack and family does read dis forum ...so there you have it folks ....another pretentiously innocent debutant who has never heard about Jack before suddenly appears on the forum and wonders why all the hullabaloo ??? yeah right !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 10:12:14 PM »
Thank u Jai Singh get d book deal and Fuentes get d fido wuk dat comes wit frequent flyin opportunities
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2008, 02:35:07 AM »
Valentino Singh book is by no means an objective look at Jack Warner's life.

I want to second what FF said here. I started reading the book with an open mind, but I couldn't finish it because of the amount of "Jack is great," "Jack is fantastic," and "let's all bow down to Jack" themes that ran through the book. In fact, I found it difficult to believe that Valentino Singh could manage to write a book while being so far up Jack's ass. Today, I use the book as a flat surface to keep my cup of tea on. That is clearly its best purpose.

I recommend that fourmites read Marvin Andrews' book instead.  :beermug:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 05:36:24 AM »
Dreamer or west coast please post the link of JW exploits so this guy could have a read.....

By the way I was there at November 19th when JW oversold tickets (this is proven, there is no debate here he admitted it) that incident alone is enough to condem him. It is miracle that people did not die that day......I dont need anything more than that, a man willing to risk the lives of his countrymen for $$ is scum
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:36:00 AM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:32 AM »
Only few replies to my initial post reveal a modicum of intelligence. Still, the vast majority of your replies reverberate with emotion and blind subscription to hearsay. Points made are lost amongst the throngs of literary discord, so eager to thrash and discredit both me and Mr Warner.

It is sad that most cannot remove personal opinion from the confines of obviously narrow minds. It is typical of those bereft of the benefit of education.

No proven points put forward....instructions to google jack and ask dis one and d nex one abound. Is this the best you can do? Is this how evidence is garnered? By googling? C'mon lads.

Valentino's book may not be the most accurate description of Jack's life, but in the same vein, so is Andrew Jennings' book. I will repeat for those who both refuse to hear and those incapable of such a basic human trait.....I am defending no one, simply imploring you to be objective. Evaluate both sides. Not once in my postings have I listed examples of jack's benevolence or accomplishments, I have also abstained from rambling about his negative influence.

A note to Bake n Buljol....your command of the english language is both juvenile and laughable at best. You are not fit to touch the felt of my grammatical jacket. I suggest you continue in your futile attempts at insult with someone more suitable to your bovine talents.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 07:38:42 AM »
and will you answer me about November 19th ? as you requested evidence and I provided some.
Jack Warner admits overselling tickets which if they had been an incident that day could have resulted in the deaths of many. Do I need more than this ? becuase there is a lot more....
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
DT...it seems to me that your modus operandi as yuh jump on the forum is to rile people up. seems you been lurking and decided which button to push as yuh walk through the door.  This thread is pure kicks but for the life of me ah can't figure out why yuh decide to shoot yuhself in the foot yuh walk een on.

That grammatical jacket yuh have on have the veneer of an attention whore.   ::)  Questioning my fellow forumites education level... :rotfl:...play yuh mas.  if yuh really want to strut around in yuh grammatical jacket ah hear dey running short on midnight robbers.
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
Only few replies to my initial post reveal a modicum of intelligence. Still, the vast majority of your replies reverberate with emotion and blind subscription to hearsay. Points made are lost amongst the throngs of literary discord, so eager to thrash and discredit both me and Mr Warner.

It is sad that most cannot remove personal opinion from the confines of obviously narrow minds. It is typical of those bereft of the benefit of education.

No proven points put forward....instructions to google jack and ask dis one and d nex one abound. Is this the best you can do? Is this how evidence is garnered? By googling? C'mon lads.

Valentino's book may not be the most accurate description of Jack's life, but in the same vein, so is Andrew Jennings' book. I will repeat for those who both refuse to hear and those incapable of such a basic human trait.....I am defending no one, simply imploring you to be objective. Evaluate both sides. Not once in my postings have I listed examples of jack's benevolence or accomplishments, I have also abstained from rambling about his negative influence.

A note to Bake n Buljol....your command of the english language is both juvenile and laughable at best. You are not fit to touch the felt of my grammatical jacket. I suggest you continue in your futile attempts at insult with someone more suitable to your bovine talents.

Diamondtrim, you chastise people for having opinions that you deem to be based on hearsay, and lack of objective analysis. So in that vein, out of curiosity, what is YOUR objective opinion on the exploits of Jack Warner? I believe someone else asked you this before, but you have yet to respond. Since the majority of us aren't being objective, please give us a demonstration of your objectivity.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

I pointedly asked you to provide objective evidence that would mitigate in favor of Jack... instead you respond with a pontiferous pack of ass.

Unless I'm mistaken the first mention of 'google' or 'googling' in this thread was just made by you... "search" means that little box up top to the right...since you need instructions broken down to you like a 5-year old.  That little feature allows you to find information that's already poste on this forum.  You really should avail yourself of it to help supplant the obvious void betwixt thine ears.

Hard to do the impossible...isn't it.  A telling admission given the many invitations to enumerate the same.

Lol... fella (assuming you are a fella), you don't know the first thing about me, but I find your affected pomposity amusing.  One thing I have never felt the need to do is to bandy about my qualifications and/or accomplishments in some silly cyber measurement of intellectual dicks.  If it makes you feel better to think your literary qualifications better than mine then be my guest...but by any objective, real world standard I guarantee you that you'll find yourself standing in my shadow.  Besides, me calling you a shithong wasn't an attempt an insult...it was a subjective assessment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:54:20 AM by Bake n Buljol »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »

......unpolitically speaking you're a pussyistic man most alacratably full of shitindication ...your splendiferous phrase is so ass asstical, unscrupulous and always stupitimistical ......  Boy Sparrow really did have some real people in mind when he did sing dat .... You eh go hear from me again .... Now you could continue to blow your own trumpet ...and listen to de tune ! :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 08:52:29 AM »

I want to address the bolded paragraph. I doh think anybody would deny that Jack is firmly entrenched in T&T football. Nobody ever argues that that is the case. It is the way that he conducts his business with regards to our football that is the issue.

It is one thing to earn profits as a result of hard work and diligence. It is another thing when one makes his money by lying, cheating, stealing and taking advantage of others. For years now Jack has been fattening his wallet by using the latter method, especially in his dealings with our footballers. I will not deny that his influence has afforded us many opportunities, but I for one cannot just sit back and accept his so-called 'shortfalls' when our football continues to suffer as a result.

Also, to answer you last question, I believe that yes, the majority of us would be different. Not so much with regard to making a profit for yourself, but concerning his treatment of his employees/subordinates. Just using this situation as an example, do you honestly and truly believe that the majority of ppl would promise 50% of all revenues to the players, renege on that promise, then ban the players who dare to question it, and just watch as our football goes to ruin? Would YOU do that?

1]; } ?>