April 19, 2024, 03:00:00 AM

Author Topic: Trini football and its pundits  (Read 24527 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini football and its pundits
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:16 PM »
Voracity  - the condition or quality of being voracious. Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit.

So since yuh referenced the voracity of your arguments... dat mean yuh argument and dem had ah "insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit"?  Yuh argument and dem was hungry?  Doh kill mih.. :rotfl:

Yuh blasted falsiloquent imps.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:02:48 PM by Bake n Buljol »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
reading all this hogwash making me feel kinda supercalifragilisticexpealidocious.

if you'll gonna persist in playing spelling bee, could i suggest you at least direct those efforts into something positive:

www.freerice.com
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:02:18 PM by omarldinho »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
Voracity  - the condition or quality of being voracious. Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit.

My knowledge of the intricacies of the english language is superb and perhaps even infinite. Each word I use is on purpose, with no short degree of thought. Do not question it....accept it as gospel.....and praise it.

Mr bake and bull all has neither the brain power nor the verbal capacity to present any plausible challenge to this, but i applaud his futile attempts.

Come again friend, perhaps I may truly make an error to which you peasants are so prone. But until then, enjoy the benefit of true verbal prowess.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:06:13 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2008, 07:09:34 PM »
dat mean yuh argument and dem had ah "insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit"?  

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!!!
NAH!!!!
YOU HADDA B A TWIN!!!!
YOU CYAH BE SO CHUPID ALL BY YUHSELF!!!!!

Everybody who was attackin me and jack and whoever....dem arguments was voracious....dey had ah insatiable appetite for the activity and pursuit of lickin dong jack, me and whoever else.

I cyah reply to you again.....you is d biggest jackass i ever see

Ah tell yuh bullin all ass to b careful......

wha yuh tanty go say when she see yuh expose yuh toteeness like dat

but doh worry....ah go still hug yuh up.....cuz now ah know yuh definitely need it.

Ah hope yuh keep yuh dumb ass quiet forat least d ress ah d nite.

yuh could resume yuh voracity for being chupid tomorrow

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »
diamondtrim, your initial posts suggested that the evidence for people's ire with regards to JW was somehow deficient. is this due to the evidence or the standards of evidence? from what some of the posters have provided (c.f. dutty, dreamer), there is ample evidence. so i'm inferring that you have a problem with the standard of evidence. that's cool if you wish to question this standard of evidence. if you real brave and want to put that infinite knowledge of english to work, why don't you take on the harder task of proposing the standard of evidence people should be using to evaluate whether JW is so-and-so? ???

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »
Ribbit.....pointtaken and accepted

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2008, 07:20:28 PM »
dat mean yuh argument and dem had ah "insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit"?  

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!!!
NAH!!!!
YOU HADDA B A TWIN!!!!
YOU CYAH BE SO CHUPID ALL BY YUHSELF!!!!!

Everybody who was attackin me and jack and whoever....dem arguments was voracious....dey had ah insatiable appetite for the activity and pursuit of lickin dong jack, me and whoever else.

I cyah reply to you again.....you is d biggest jackass i ever see

Ah tell yuh bullin all ass to b careful......

wha yuh tanty go say when she see yuh expose yuh toteeness like dat

but doh worry....ah go still hug yuh up.....cuz now ah know yuh definitely need it.

Ah hope yuh keep yuh dumb ass quiet forat least d ress ah d nite.

yuh could resume yuh voracity for being chupid tomorrow

Jackass... yuh didn't refer to the 'voracity' of the posters...DID you?  You referred to the 'voracity' of the arguments, it's an adjective that's used (maladroitly) to qualify the condition of the arguments, not the proponents of the arguments.

Rather than admit that yuh fuck up, yuh instead want to foist this transparent shell game of semantics to now claim that your use of 'voracity' applied to the posters.  Yuh feel everybody is ah posturing, prevaricating cunt like you or what?  Dat dictionary yuh eat stick in yuh head or in yuh ass?  Oh wait, never mind, yuh head is IN your ass so that's a redundant question.

Feel free to come back with some reach of an answer that only serves to bely your latent homosexual fixations.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
I confused!  ???

Who on who side? how much sides it have? and who winning?  ???
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »
I confused!  ???

Ask Omar... he's either de scorekeeper or de Pet Detective.  Tuh hear he tell it truetrini, assrancid and pinkiediamonds here on de same team.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
I confused!  ???

Ask Omar... he's either de scorekeeper or de Pet Detective.  Tuh hear he tell it truetrini, assrancid and pinkiediamonds here on de same team.

allyuh buy any rice yet?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »
I confused!  ???

allyuh buy any rice yet?

Vocabulary Level= 45
Your Best Level= 45

You have now donated 1000 grains of rice

Need something more interesting.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
Page 5??  PURE UNADULTERATED ASSNESS :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
this is real assnesss..dont stop allyuh..... rum shop!! vibes nicess ... and no oen eh get ah buss head or a plannass yet..
this si why trini good.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »
men idle yes stueps
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2008, 08:01:23 PM »
I confused!  ???

dred I not sure myself, all I know is de sinfiquity of this conversation have peaked  the enpollipsions of my brain
I would certainly welcome any montiphisms of follicula ontar

on page 1 diamondtrim start out he typings wearing a fine felt grammatical coat...by page 5 sadis typin like ah man wearin ah ole gayelle juzzy, matchin draws and buss up slippers
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »
 :devil: :devil: :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
<stares at Dutty> :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dutty i ain't have no more tissue in meh house...and meh latrine paper is only for special occasions

ya have meh using meh juzzy sleeve to wipe meh eye and dem

steupse

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
Take ORF de juzzy...and take a pic and post it

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:14:11 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2008, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Voracity  - the condition or quality of being voracious. Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit.

My knowledge of the intricacies of the english language is superb and perhaps even infinite. Each word I use is on purpose, with no short degree of thought. Do not question it....accept it as gospel.....and praise it.

Mr bake and bull all has neither the brain power nor the verbal capacity to present any plausible challenge to this, but i applaud his futile attempts.

Come again friend, perhaps I may truly make an error to which you peasants are so prone. But until then, enjoy the benefit of true verbal prowess.

Nonsense!

You stated that the arguments possesed voracity!  Nothing stated or implied, indicated that you were referring to the voracity of the posters!

You meant to say veracity and made a mistake!

Admit it fooler; you with your infinite knowledge of the English language.

I also draw your attention to the following:  "perhaps I may truly make an error to which you peasants are so prone."

Shall I explain why I highlighted the above?

I think your waist line is much more expansive than your vocabulary.

"The place where I come from is a small town
They think so small, they use small words
But not me, I'm smarter than that,
I worked it out
I'll be stretching my mouth to let those big words
come right out"

--Big Time (Peter Gabriel)
"long words
excellent words
I can hear them now
this is the picture, this is the picture"

--This is the Picture (Peter Gabriel)

Lovely sonnet, but not exactly germane to the discussion, right?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »
damn ah missin all dis......
so I guess ah was correck den....                                               pretentious

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
Such emotion, passion and desire, however order has yet to be realized. The post reads....Trini Football and its pundits, very simple, yet we have witnessed once again the immaturity of several forumnites. Indeed this is for TrueTrini and his tasteless swipe at my girl once again as being a hairy Croat. Dude we have been down this road before and still your life is to be in front of a computer all day, rather than in the bosoms of a real woman....sigh...I left diamondtrin to battle you lads, for it was his ambition to garner at least 100 post by testing the minds of the forum, however "small island mentality" is the only result that have come forth. Let intelligence and order be the  cornerstone upon which we reply or engage in postings, for if so called "senior warriors" are so easily drawn into a war of words why then be mad at diamondtrin?

You guys are the supposed elders of the forum, yet u ramble on and on with a new forumnite. It was worth the 2 days to sit back and witness the fragility of these elders ego, how easily you have been wound up. My suggestion is for the elders to lead by example, and let class, wisdom and order guide your decision making process. At the end of the day, not once has diamondtrin defended Jack Warner actions, he simply called for a discussion and we got a 5 page war. In his own words maybe his grammatical gymnastics were taken to heart, and bruised the ego of those that thought little of the new forumnite. All i ask for is Ordem e Progresso......

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:15 PM »
your friend did not directly defend Jack Warner, but he accused many here of attacking Jack without merit, but he himself stated that Jack is a thief!

He is the one with the gigantic ego.

As for your girl being a hairy croat, to each their own.  If you like them hairy, more power to you.

Personally, I am not partial to Croats, Hungarians, Srbs or Slavs, not my style.

But I digress.  Your friend did not challenge anyone, he came here to talk shit, and he succeed in showing his true colours.  Guy, this is cyber space, the elders of which you speak, may be teens for all we know.  Get a grip.  As for the small island mentality, again you are pushing the envelope.  What do you have to say about the American mentality?  They, afterall voted for Bush not once but twice.

Not to mention the assness that prevails in Brooklyn.

In conclusion, your friend did not call for discussion, he came here reprimanding and accusing the posters of being followers, indeed, he asked for a "response which travels on a ferry of facts."

He has a great voracity for shit, hell it may be even an avocation for him. 

Truth he asks for, but the truth is, he can't handle the truth!

post script

When next you see, or converse with your friend of 20 years, please tell him of a little grammatical rule, whereby 'an' is used when preceeding a vowel, he has great propensity for using the inappropriate 'a.'
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:27:28 PM by assrancid »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »
Such emotion, passion and desire, however order has yet to be realized. The post reads....Trini Football and its pundits, very simple, yet we have witnessed once again the immaturity of several forumnites. Indeed this is for TrueTrini and his tasteless swipe at my girl once again as being a hairy Croat. Dude we have been down this road before and still your life is to be in front of a computer all day, rather than in the bosoms of a real woman....sigh...I left diamondtrin to battle you lads, for it was his ambition to garner at least 100 post by testing the minds of the forum, however "small island mentality" is the only result that have come forth. Let intelligence and order be the  cornerstone upon which we reply or engage in postings, for if so called "senior warriors" are so easily drawn into a war of words why then be mad at diamondtrin?

You guys are the supposed elders of the forum, yet u ramble on and on with a new forumnite. It was worth the 2 days to sit back and witness the fragility of these elders ego, how easily you have been wound up. My suggestion is for the elders to lead by example, and let class, wisdom and order guide your decision making process. At the end of the day, not once has diamondtrin defended Jack Warner actions, he simply called for a discussion and we got a 5 page war. In his own words maybe his grammatical gymnastics were taken to heart, and bruised the ego of those that thought little of the new forumnite. All i ask for is Ordem e Progresso......

To be real he/she never offered anything also. A few people offered some evidence and what was the purpose of providing the evidence? "Point well taken" come on better than that.

The grammar used in the posts is not with the keeping of a person who post on a football forum. Such level of grammar is best kept to the likes of the APA website or such. On this forum the post are more or less kept at an informal level and as such defeated any purpose from the start.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2008, 09:24:27 PM »
To be real he/she never offered anything also. A few people offered some evidence and what was the purpose of providing the evidence? "Point well taken" come on better than that.

The grammar used in the posts is not with the keeping of a person who post on a football forum. Such level of grammar is best kept to the likes of the APA website or such. On this forum the post are more or less kept at an informal level and as such defeated any purpose from the start.

Diction...more than grammar.

But as I said... pure puffery.  All sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline assrancid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »

Elan, be careful, he may say your criticism of his use of diction and vocabulary is indicative of your small island mentality!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
come nah man diamondtrim start ah new thread nah, dis one two days old, hit we wid someting else and get men going nah?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2008, 11:43:38 PM »
come nah man diamondtrim start ah new thread nah, dis one two days old, hit we wid someting else and get men going nah?!?!
alyah reach pg 5 shit I just finish page 4 ,it remind me the time Rich Little play all the roles in Scrooge lol 

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:41 AM »
tanks fellas I was real depressed last two days and this give me a smile on my face...

Trini christmas is de best !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2008, 03:50:06 AM »
Steups! Look, I cannot be bothered to read all the pages on this thread. Page one and five were enough.

In response to the original poster, I submit the following:

I first become hooked on football as a 5 year old, going to SSFL matches with my aunt, who attended Arima Senior Comprehensive in the days of Kerry Jameson. So it is no surprise that when my aunt's friend made it on to the national football team that I become even more interested in the national game.

Ever since 1989, when THAT MAN over sold tickets to a stadium he had to have known the capacity of, I have had him in my sights! Add that to the personal stories I know from footballers and technical staff from that campaign, and I see more reason to charge that man for fraud. Or for the very least, hire some men to give him a bullpistle beat down. lol

But I digress. On top of the annual scandals involving some form of financial skullduggery, on an international scale, we have the annual and permanent local ones. Just one of many examples: Many people see the stadia built to host the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, and look at this as a major achievement. What most people don't know is that FIFA gave the TTFF/JWFF money to build these stadia. Yet that man got the government (and his current politcal party interestingly) to take out huge international loans to fund the build. Loans that the present governemnt is STILL paying off.

There is the annual siphoning off of the FIFA funds given to the TTFF to supposedly run the local game, the annual government funds (yes ANNUAL) and countless sponsor contributions. Yet this organisation claims to be broke every bloody year. And there is never accounting of any kind available to the public. Now, as a former bank girl, I have had access to financial information that the average citizen does not. I have worked for three major banks in T&T, and I have seen alot. What we see in the press is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now, on top of all this nonsense, we have the present situation. For years, alot of people have turned a blind eye to that man's blatant fraud and shady dealings, unethical business transactions and even treatment of players. But this last debacle, the treatment of the players who had finally reached that promised land and taken T&T to the WC, that is the last straw. Whatever leeway people were willing to give him for his many, and borderline illegal, transgressions was all used up. To quote a friend, he used up all his "turn a blind eye" frequent flyer miles. I know of too much, from players, agents, clubs, football bodies, and journalists to look at that man in any other light than as a damn crook, unethical businessman (and I use the word businessman lightly)  and a bully.

You are on the internet with enough time to get into trivial arguments over nonsense, and the use of english grammar and content you clearly feel compelled to prove your worth through. Take that same time to trawl through the many and detailed "evidence" available right on the internet, compiled by many journalists from many media houses, especially in Europe and the US. If you think that we Trinis may be compelled by a follow-fashion culture, then what would you make of the europeans and americans who have dug up alot more dirt on that man than Lasana Liburd and the Express could ever print.

If you are coming on here to gain enlightenment as to the national game, and our players in particular, welcome. If you are coming on this site to get that little taste of home and keep up with the Trini banter, welcome. If you are a fan of football in general and want to converse with like minds as to the goings on in the many leagues we follow here, welcome.

But if you're coming here to somehow imply that we are too stupid to have an impartial view of something that is as plain as the trunk on an elephant, and get into arguments with little or no purpose, to waste the time of people who do not have the time to indulge egotistical narcissitic ignorant people with way too much time on their hands, then please, for the good of everyone involved, f*ck off!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:04:36 AM by redtrinigirl »
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2008, 05:20:38 AM »
Steups! Look, I cannot be bothered to read all the pages on this thread. Page one and five were enough.

In response to the original poster, I submit the following:

I first become hooked on football as a 5 year old, going to SSFL matches with my aunt, who attended Arima Senior Comprehensive in the days of Kerry Jameson. So it is no surprise that when my aunt's friend made it on to the national football team that I become even more interested in the national game.

Ever since 1989, when THAT MAN over sold tickets to a stadium he had to have known the capacity of, I have had him in my sights! Add that to the personal stories I know from footballers and technical staff from that campaign, and I see more reason to charge that man for fraud. Or for the very least, hire some men to give him a bullpistle beat down. lol

But I digress. On top of the annual scandals involving some form of financial skullduggery, on an international scale, we have the annual and permanent local ones. Just one of many examples: Many people see the stadia built to host the FIFA Under-17 World Cup, and look at this as a major achievement. What most people don't know is that FIFA gave the TTFF/JWFF money to build these stadia. Yet that man got the government (and his current politcal party interestingly) to take out huge international loans to fund the build. Loans that the present governemnt is STILL paying off.

There is the annual siphoning off of the FIFA funds given to the TTFF to supposedly run the local game, the annual government funds (yes ANNUAL) and countless sponsor contributions. Yet this organisation claims to be broke every bloody year. And there is never accounting of any kind available to the public. Now, as a former bank girl, I have had access to financial information that the average citizen does not. I have worked for three major banks in T&T, and I have seen alot. What we see in the press is just the tip of the iceberg.

Now, on top of all this nonsense, we have the present situation. For years, alot of people have turned a blind eye to that man's blatant fraud and shady dealings, unethical business transactions and even treatment of players. But this last debacle, the treatment of the players who had finally reached that promised land and taken T&T to the WC, that is the last straw. Whatever leeway people were willing to give him for his many, and borderline illegal, transgressions was all used up. To quote a friend, he used up all his "turn a blind eye" frequent flyer miles. I know of too much, from players, agents, clubs, football bodies, and journalists to look at that man in any other light than as a damn crook, unethical businessman (and I use the word businessman lightly)  and a bully.

You are on the internet with enough time to get into trivial arguments over nonsense, and the use of english grammar and content you clearly feel compelled to prove your worth through. Take that same time to trawl through the many and detailed "evidence" available right on the internet, compiled by many journalists from many media houses, especially in Europe and the US. If you think that we Trinis may be compelled by a follow-fashion culture, then what would you make of the europeans and americans who have dug up alot more dirt on that man than Lasana Liburd and the Express could ever print.

If you are coming on here to gain enlightenment as to the national game, and our players in particular, welcome. If you are coming on this site to get that little taste of home and keep up with the Trini banter, welcome. If you are a fan of football in general and want to converse with like minds as to the goings on in the many leagues we follow here, welcome.

But if you're coming here to somehow imply that we are too stupid to have an impartial view of something that is as plain as the trunk on an elephant, and get into arguments with little or no purpose, to waste the time of people who do not have the time to indulge egotistical narcissitic ignorant people with way too much time on their hands, then please, for the good of everyone involved, f*ck off!

:beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause:

Dais wha I wanted to say...but it was coming out in de form of a steups...  :D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>