April 23, 2024, 09:29:24 AM

Author Topic: SSFL is coming like the Champions League  (Read 2621 times)

Dumplingdinho

SSFL is coming like the Champions League
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »
My brother and one of his good pardnas are currently members of their schools' football teams ("prestige schools") and involved in training.  They have been approached byindividuals from a certain school (School C)promising them "rewards and benefits" to leave their schools and play for his school.  School C is is not known for strong academics but is relatively well known for football and trouble.

I have no problem with schools recruiting because at the end of the day it is the norm and once they do it in a legal and decent manner there should not be any major problems. 

Even back in my time (I played for ah 5 year school) I was approached to transfer to a big name prestige school and they promised me captaincy and being a school prefect.  It was a very tempting offer for me from the academic point of the view, not so much from footballing side since I was brushing real ting in ah coed school versus going ah school with only man... ;D

But this fellah from school C is offering a lot more than what was offered in the past.  Back in the days the offer was really a chance to play for a winning team which indirectly meant yuh could brush more girls and we were cool with that.

I am aware of a few players who will transfer to his school but I dont know if they got the "special deal" so it will be interesting to see if the minsistry of education takes any action (i.e. investigate the school)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: SSFL is coming like the Champions League
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
School C wouldn't happen to be St Anthony's would it ?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »
That going on long time horse..........real long time.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
this shit aint new....
but damn Nightmare....ya coulda sound a lil more educated for the youths at least??
LOL

man stay for d "brushing girl aspect" as opposed to the academic..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
this shit aint new....
but damn Nightmare....ya coulda sound a lil more educated for the youths at least??
LOL

man stay for d "brushing girl aspect" as opposed to the academic..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azzuri yuh want mih lie and say dat wasnt ah fact..i know i woulda never be ah dwight yorke so football was not priority especially after i broke mih leg tarining with the national under 16 team and one member of the technical staff visit mih in de hospital so I overs football on ah serious level, i brush endless gyul off dat scene while in school and play mih lil club football after dat.

But back to the topic....when i say reward and benefits, i talking about MONEY....CASH MONEY...is what men getting offered this rounds, not captain armband or the "privilege" of not attending classes.

I not talking about KFC snack box money or ah extra pair of boots, I talking about money where man could buy ah brand new XBOX and some games.

i know allyuh like files, eventually i will call the name of the school C if nothing happens (i.e. files doh buss in public) but right now i jes observing

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Nightmare:"Even back in my time (I played for ah 5 year school) I was approached to transfer to a big name prestige school and they promised me captaincy and being a school prefect.  It was a very tempting offer for me from the academic point of the view, not so much from footballing side since I was brushing real ting in ah coed school versus going ah school with only man...  ;D"

Funny how times change, now people does be brushing weave, you had it good yes, ah hope yuh did decide to stay in the school where yuh was brushing the real ting. :-\
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:57:34 PM by nigelfabien »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »
Nightmare:"Even back in my time (I played for ah 5 year school) I was approached to transfer to a big name prestige school and they promised me captaincy and being a school prefect.  It was a very tempting offer for me from the academic point of the view, not so much from footballing side since I was brushing real ting in ah coed school versus going ah school with only man...  ;D"

Funny how times change, now people does be brushing weave, you had it good yes, ah hope yuh did decide to stay in the school where yuh was brushing the real ting. :-\

i stayed at de school, de coach had some links with US schools, got a scholarship and played enough ball to get a degree.  Some ppl (coaches and parents) does take dat intercol ting too serious although i would not of mind winnng ah national title like you... :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »
Intercol is the best thing in school football. But it the school coaches and Admin. who will go to any lengths to achieve success. But Nothing wrong with intercol. I played 3 yrs and played in North final. I will do all over again in a jiffy.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »
ay i remember dey pull in an 18 year old strappid indian in form 3 durin my time in an unamed prestige school..dis ting goin on long long time

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
Money used to pass for man to transfer to a big football school.  Poaching has always been there, and the incentives have always been as attractive. ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
And d news iz? Since rock of ages was a pebble dis happenin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:22 AM »
Nah I never knew money used to pass...what kinda figures we talking here? I know about maybe buying the man books for him but actual cheques beign drawn up? Is like a salary or lumpsup to transfer at the start?

And who do they contact? The parents or the students?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 07:02:31 AM »
Ppl....listen to a man who in d ting real deep. I is practically a scout for a big prestige school in d west. Yes, dey does offer all kinda ting. Sometimes we does lose out because as a policy we dont offer cash. But dis ting, like allyuh say happenin long time, and is a poor example for d youths. dais y we gettin embarassed on d international football field.

We get some under 17 players a couple years ago.....de offer was this....play football, doh worry bout class for now, yuh repeat safe. transport to and from school if dey want (dey was livin in d east), once yuh dont cuss d teachers yuh could like yuhself...ah paraphrasin but yuh get d point.

A next school offer free school uniform and books, a stipend to travel and buy lunch, free gears and guaranteed startin position. Even one of d boys mother was offered a job by somebody in d old boys association....an ah not talkin bout St Anthonys here.

What make we pull dem players is dey parents....kudos to dem, dey was lookin at a lil more academics dan dey kids. but trinidad football too stink. is racket and corruption from top to bottom.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »
haaa this going on forever now , in all levels of football.
I know down south once Naps , Pres or even Benedicts or P/Town want you they have many ways of getting you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
...excuse me please .....I was lost in the topic .......SSFL coming like the Champions league ? ..... you must already be or aspiring to write for a local newspaper !  ...how about  T&T ready for Brazil ???... ( Manning will visit Brazil next week )  :devil:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
is just like NCAA football and basketball.

i find it odd that the most popular local football league is basically a U20 league though.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:50:56 AM »
...excuse me please .....I was lost in the topic .......SSFL coming like the Champions league ? ..... you must already be or aspiring to write for a local newspaper !  ...how about  T&T ready for Brazil ???... ( Manning will visit Brazil next week )  :devil:

i cant help it if most people understand the topic and you don't. 

Back to the topic, long time this transfer ting going on.  This was prevalent at least since the 80s, the older men on the forum can shed some light on the 60s, 70s, etc.

Yeah the lunch money ting, not going to class, starting spot, captaincy, lunch money,  uniform and books are all common scenes....i agree with these offers because i personally know some players who got a chance to go to a good school but they were poor so a transfer would have been a financial burden.

Mr. Jai John, the title of my topic was based on the fact that my brother and his pardna was each offered $20,000 to transfer, this is the SSFL ah talking about, although it have more of a champions league feel, hence the topic name.

since yuh like commess, here is another misleading title...jai john gets brush from riquelme, ppl tink riqueleme rest some wood on yuh when he really gave yuh ah autograph toothbrush.... :beermug:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »

Back to the topic, long time this transfer ting going on.  This was prevalent at least since the 80s, the older men on the forum can shed some light on the 60s, 70s, etc.

Yeah the lunch money ting, not going to class, starting spot, captaincy, lunch money,  uniform and books are all common scenes....i agree with these offers because i personally know some players who got a chance to go to a good school but they were poor so a transfer would have been a financial burden.

Mr. Jai John, the title of my topic was based on the fact that my brother and his pardna was each offered $20,000 to transfer, this is the SSFL ah talking about, although it have more of a champions league feel, hence the topic name.

since yuh like commess, here is another misleading title...jai john gets brush from riquelme, ppl tink riqueleme rest some wood on yuh when he really gave yuh ah autograph toothbrush.... :beermug:

So according to your analagy The SSFL is coming like Champions league because " your brother and his pardna was each offered $20,000 to transfer ", well you got me there I really must go to some SSFL I hadn't realised the similarity . So sorry.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:08:56 PM »

So according to your analagy The SSFL is coming like Champions league because " your brother and his pardna was each offered $20,000 to transfer ", well you got me there I really must go to some SSFL I hadn't realised the similarity . So sorry.

I cant help it if you slow, the analogy was about the money.  Nobody else complain about topic name, I dont have all day to find a perfect topic name to please you.  Please suggest a better one since you have so much free time to argue about the name of the topic.

1]; } ?>