April 27, 2024, 08:35:45 AM

Author Topic: Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly  (Read 7890 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »
Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Match venue switches to Marvin Lee Stadium.

Midfielder Densill Theobald has been recalled to the National Senior Team after being added as the 19th player to the roster for Thursday’s friendly international against Netherlands Antilles.

Theobald, captain of the Team for much of the 2007 period, had not worn national colours since the 0-0 draw with Guadeloupe on Ash Wednesday but head coach Francisco Maturana explained to the former Falkirk player on Monday that he intended to have him in the team’s plans for upcoming World Cup qualifying action.

But this did not occur until both individuals held a discussion.

Theobald revealed that he only recently found out that the reason for his non-selection since February was due to Maturana’s displeasure over his handing over of the captain’s armband to Stern John mere moments before the kick off of the game versus Guadeloupe at the Queen’s Park Oval without the coach’s (Maturana’s) approval.

“It’s only over the past few days I found out that the coach was a bit unhappy with something that I did before the Guadeloupe game and I hold my hands up for it. I went into the game as captain of the team and this was something that he and the other coaches agreed upon and I took it upon myself to give it to another player before the game without telling the management. He (Maturana) was not happy about that and it dragged on to me not being involved in the recent games.

“But I went to him after I found this out and I felt it was the right thing to apologize for my mistake. We had  a very good chat. Like every good coach I think he has his discipline measures he wants followed by the players and he explained this to me. We spoke about a lot of things including his thoughts on the current team and how he intends to go about preparing the team for the matches coming up,” Theobald told TTFF Media.

The Caledonia AIA player admitted that he was delighted over his recall for Thursday’s match which has been shifted to the Marvin Lee Stadium.

“Like any player getting a recall, one will also be happy about that and I am feeling really pleased right now. I never got worried over not making the team because I kept the faith. Now it’s down to me to live up to the call and repay the coach for this opportunity he is giving me. All the players really have to grab the opportunities being given to them at this stage.

The ex-Hungary-based professional also described the returning of Dwight Yorke and other players as a boost to the squad.

“I think Dwight (Yorke) and some of the other players from the (2006) World Cup squad coming back into the team is a plus for us right now. Dwight made a big difference last time and I believe he can make another big contribution again. Having players like him, Stern John and some of the other experienced ones mixing with the younger players can only help the team improve and be ready for the type of matches we will have to play in the round coming up,” Theobald added.

Thursday’s game has been shifted from Guaracara Park back to the Marvin Lee Stadium after inclement weather prevented ground work from being done at the Point-a-Pierre venue. Initially the game had been scheduled for the South venue and not  the Marvin Lee in order to accommodate excessive use by four National Under 17 Women’s Teams (T&T, USA, Costa Rica and El Salvador) for training sessions and matches later this week. Since last week training sessions have been taking place at the Macoya venue and matches commence on Friday with a double header. But alternative arrangements will now be made to accommodate Thursday’s friendly international against the Dutch-speaking team which arrives in the country on Wednesday. Kick off time remains at 7:30pm.

In related news, CONCACAF President Jack Warner arrived in Curacao on Tuesday for the launch of the 2008 Digicel Caribbean Cup and CFU logo at the Marriot on Wednesday. The CFU President will also meet with the Executive Committee of the Netherlands Antilles Football Association as part of his 40-nation CONCACAF tour.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:13:54 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:25:41 PM »
It have a sayin u suspect some people dotish and when dey open dey mouth dey confirm it. By sayin dat d man eh play since feb because he give Stern d captin armband is d most set ah nonesense I read 4 a while and I followin d blacklist nonesense from day zero.

All was needed was Denzil yuh do crap y u give Stern d arm band not 2 mention d man who get d armband was playin so y punish 1 player Stern was as guilty 4 takin it because he must have known dat if Pancho wanted he 2 b captin he would have told him.

Peeps want b 2 b estatic because d players back but dis fool is d coach
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »
I ketchin kicks on TTFF yet again movin de venuie at de last minute.

Dese people is de heights of incompetence yes.  If yuh doh laugh yuh go bawl dong de place.

Imagine de amounta people in de southland who mus be was mekkin dey arrangements to go and take een de game.  Is a long time de National team eh play in South so Southerners mus be was lookin forward to goin and support de team instead a havin to drive all de way to North or East.  Now dey get FORK from de TTFF.  Dat eh right man.  Dat totally messed up!

And den JW does have de gall to come and lambaste de public fuh not supportin football when dey doin tings like dat.

Fackeries!  >:(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:55:58 AM »
......and whatever came out of Scamps'/Jackula's meeting with Hunt?  Dey resolve anything yet??

Ah waiting patiently for when we fuss home game have to play....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:09:48 AM »

Dese people is de heights of incompetence yes.  If yuh doh laugh yuh go bawl dong de place.

Imagine de amounta people in de southland who mus be was mekkin dey arrangements to go and take een de game.  Is a long time de National team eh play in South so Southerners mus be was lookin forward to goin and support de team instead a havin to drive all de way to North or East.  Now dey get FORK from de TTFF.  Dat eh right man.  Dat totally messed up!

And den JW does have de gall to come and lambaste de public fuh not supportin football when dey doin tings like dat.

Doh blame de TTFF blame de weather!  ::)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:33:44 AM »

Doh blame de TTFF blame de weather!  ::)

blame it on the rain  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
Dis coachin staff sound well huffy, boy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 07:09:04 AM »
Note 2 d TTFF despite all d talk bout summer we have 2 season wet and dry. So if GPark is a dry weather venue do book it after may.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 07:29:20 AM »
Theobold yet again has confirmed he is not the sharpest pencil in the geometry pan.

If indeed this was the reason for your absence (really now) You should at least wait till yuh sweat on thursday to say these things.

How you go embarrass Pacho, the TTFF and make yuhself look dotish by letting everybody know you cant follow instructions.

Mind he ent get bench under bad mid.

How yuh go snap at the hand that feeding you and he ent pull out yuh dish yet or gorn by the storeroom for the bag of chow.....all d man do is loosen yuh chain lil bit so yuh could see the front yard.

Ah boy  "onliest" wha it is he say bout Falkirk again...

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:30:33 AM »
What the hell I  reading here. A head coach of a National team is upset and does not pick a player over some trivial crap. Call the man right as he do it res to clout in he big grinning head and send him back on the field. Can't believe we so childish.

Palos don't let DT here yuh. JW is the best thing in football so if he change the venue, then it is for the player best interest and ours.

The pitch at MLS is it not artificial turf?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:33:10 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »
Theobold yet again has confirmed he is not the sharpest pencil in the geometry pan.

If indeed this was the reason for your absence (really now) You should at least wait till yuh sweat on thursday to say these things.

How you go embarrass Pacho, the TTFF and make yuhself look dotish by letting everybody know you cant follow instructions.

Mind he ent get bench under bad mid.

How yuh go snap at the hand that feeding you and he ent pull out yuh dish yet or gorn by the storeroom for the bag of chow.....all d man do is loosen yuh chain lil bit so yuh could see the front yard.

Ah boy "onliest" wha it is he say bout Falkirk again...

Touches, do be like dat please.  Maturana could hardly speak English, you tink dat would have been ah topic in de training?...."Aright Theobald....do not give de arm band to Stern without me saying so...if yuh do I will release you from el teamo"......Yuh really tink dat was an instruction?......So doh say nutting bout cyah follow instructions....De man jes torte is was understood dat Stern get de armband...or further more, out ah respect de man hand it over.   I doh see no big deal wid dat.  Maturana jes paranoid if yuh ask me.  Why would you force ah man to skipper ah side, if it have anodder man de skipper himself willing to look up to and listen to.........Doh give me player ah hard time please Touches

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »
Like the orphange find a new foster parent  ;D

Kiffysmooth = Theobold

TI = Hardest

Berris = Stern John

Triniscout = Troy Marquis

Kiffy dat might be yuh boy...but if you was he real friend you would also correct him in his mistakes. It is this lack of attention to protocol and detail that makes us amature.

I hold my hands up for it. I went into the game as captain of the team and this was something that he and the other coaches agreed upon and I took it upon myself to give it to another player before the game without telling the management.

De man say heself that he make a error and you looking to say maturana paranoid and could cyar speak english even though Anton was in charge of that game.

Captain assignment is serious ting and yes it does be a topic in training...from fete match even. Who yuh feel does flip the damn coin before the game start and choose what side to line up....steupsss.  You ever see a team sheet? It does have (CAPT) beside the player name for the announcers in the stands and for the ref etc. The Captain is the one who is allowed to communicate more to ref on certain matters on the field.

WHy yuh feel it does be big news in England when Cappello announce who is dey Captain.

Alright Kiffy I go leave yuh player alone. It take a big man to apologise and admit he make a mistake and Theobold did that...I applaud him for that action. But then yuh dont go after and make that the news, when the game ent play yet. That just bring you back to square 1.

Yuh know what torte make a man do?

Alright Kiffy I go leave theobold alone.... But just know I am not a fan of his, I ent find he good.

I wish Theobold all the best in his club and national career.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »

sad, but true, mess up Number 2..somebody need to help the player clean up heself after...doh let him talk to the press ever again, tell him just play football, and direct all interviews to management, dem holding all the roles/rolls...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 01:43:31 PM »
Theobald deserve to be in the squad but not starting over daniels, hyland, etc

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »
Theobald deserve to be in the squad but not starting over daniels, hyland, etc
Babalawo...you trying to send up my pressure yes!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »
daniel and hyland cant start over bleeder, you guys lost your mind or wha, hyland was clueless in terms of creativity and moving forward, hes a good holding mid but bleeder is still a cut above

God is de BOSS.....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
daniel and hyland cant start over bleeder, you guys lost your mind or wha, hyland was clueless in terms of creativity and moving forward, hes a good holding mid but bleeder is still a cut above

God is de BOSS.....

:bs:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »

God is de BOSS.....

T.I.. yuh was spot on with the Hyland comment.. Tough Choice between Daniel and Theobald  but i still rate Theobald higher..slightly though...

Theobald is 5x a better player than he was at WC 06'   I expect him to have a big say... He is also a character.. and will help the team both on and off...

Besides..He must be really great if he could bench Latas ;)  ent Leo?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »

Theobald is 5x a better player than he was at WC 06'   I expect him to have a big say... He is also a character.. and will help the team both on and off...

Eh heh?? dat I have to see...

Besides..He must be really great if he could bench Latas ;) ent Leo?

Now yuh want men to pelt yuh wid some cyberspace bottle.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

Eh heh?? dat I have to see...

Besides..He must be really great if he could bench Latas ;) ent Leo?

Now yuh want men to pelt yuh wid some cyberspace bottle.... ;D

You shall     and for the second part i was just being sarcastic lol

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

God is de BOSS.....

..but he is not fit at the moment and it will affect his performance . ( Theobald ) ..... man have to take this football thing serious ...eh no past performance thing working here., It hard to rate a player when he hand on he waist before half time and he bending down to catch his breath ... he made some good forward passes deep into his opponents half but could not follow up the play ...he was obviously playing within his limitations of fitness last night. I eh writing him off but he have to get fit ...which is the same with your other player ..not so pal ?

T.I.. yuh was spot on with the Hyland comment.. Tough Choice between Daniel and Theobald  but i still rate Theobald higher..slightly though...

Besides..He must be really great if he could bench Latas ;)  ent Leo?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »
I think is time I make good with St. Peter yes... I cyah believe I agreeing wid Weary... :-\

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »
Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Match venue switches to Marvin Lee Stadium.

Midfielder Densill Theobald has been recalled to the National Senior Team after being added as the 19th player to the roster for Thursday’s friendly international against Netherlands Antilles.

“But I went to him after I found this out and I felt it was the right thing to apologize for my mistake. We had  a very good chat. Like every good coach I think he has his discipline measures he wants followed by the players and he explained this to me. We spoke about a lot of things including his thoughts on the current team and how he intends to go about preparing the team for the matches coming up,” Theobald told TTFF Media.

I would love to know what Maturana has in mind!

Also, this has to be one of the most idiotic reasons I have heard for not getting a selection since Feb. So if de coach had a beef with the man for not following instructions, why did he not cook it up and serve it right after de damn match?
well yes

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 10:50:08 PM »
I agree Bleeder 5x better now than in the WC .He played well in the Gold Cup .

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 01:28:36 AM »
This may have brought up trust and ability to follow instructions issues with the coach. You cya say de man jus torte, so if he iis given a specific defensive assignment and jus torte to do something else and lorse de game because of it, what would be the recourse then. Also coach maybe wonder if this player is a leader of follower, as soon as foreign base come he jus hand over the armband like dat, without consulting the boss. If this is true Theobald need to check heself. Maybe different coaches would have dealt with it another way, but the issues would still be the same.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 05:18:10 AM »
Is Theobald lighting up the PFL?

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:59 AM »
allyuh serious????

Maturana is a goat....d man coach d team to victories against guyana, grenada, barbados and all kinda jokey side but when is time for d crunch he showin no kinda coachin sense at all. he have no respect for trinidad football....every coach dat cyah talk d language of d country dey coachin a lil bit after a few mths in charge is a cyat...look how fast capello start to learn english...you go tell me maturana aint even know a lil english phrase self?

theobald is a goat too....a goat wit pups....he always goin on some trial behind god back and dem same teams does send he shitty ass back faster dan dat....he play world cup ball and shittin on heself in d pfl.

if as a footballer yuh cyah make a lowly scottish side....you in real trouble. trini players does like deyself in dat league and theobald cyah even get a peep in d team.

d only man to stand up to d jack power is leo....h bench latas and men say he mad....but he come, show what a real coach does do and den he buss out. he prove he point and duss it. leavin we to find a journeyman coach who aint know he ass from he elbow and now gettin expose.

theobald is a follower at best....he does b in awe od stern and dwight and dem brodders....if dem shit he first in line to wipe dey ass. he have no backbone and plays nothing on d field....if anybody could tell me ah game dat show he deserve to b in d national mix ah willin to listen.

but right now we players simply not good.

we hadda crawl back to shake and dwight and latas and beg dem to play until dey is 62....

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 10:40:07 AM »
allyuh serious????

Maturana is a goat....d man coach d team to victories against guyana, grenada, barbados and all kinda jokey side but when is time for d crunch he showin no kinda coachin sense at all. he have no respect for trinidad football....every coach dat cyah talk d language of d country dey coachin a lil bit after a few mths in charge is a cyat...look how fast capello start to learn english...you go tell me maturana aint even know a lil english phrase self?

theobald is a goat too....a goat wit pups....he always goin on some trial behind god back and dem same teams does send he shitty ass back faster dan dat....he play world cup ball and shittin on heself in d pfl.

if as a footballer yuh cyah make a lowly scottish side....you in real trouble. trini players does like deyself in dat league and theobald cyah even get a peep in d team.

d only man to stand up to d jack power is leo....h bench latas and men say he mad....but he come, show what a real coach does do and den he buss out. he prove he point and duss it. leavin we to find a journeyman coach who aint know he ass from he elbow and now gettin expose.

theobald is a follower at best....he does b in awe od stern and dwight and dem brodders....if dem shit he first in line to wipe dey ass. he have no backbone and plays nothing on d field....if anybody could tell me ah game dat show he deserve to b in d national mix ah willin to listen.

we hadda crawl back to shake and dwight and latas and beg dem to play until dey is 62....

Wey boy Diamondtrim, yuh ketch mih dey oui  :o

Ah didn't check the board good for two days...the last post ah saw from you had me pulling for mih Oxford.  I tellin mihself this man must be a english professor...now ah come and see this post....

Yes dread, yuh good...yuh could mix it up good.  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
pardners.....lol

pardon my departure from my usual close relationship with proper grammatical technique and sentence composition, but on occasion it is necessary to converse in the tongue of the commoners.

Rest assured that if need be, I will reprise my divinely imposed role as the connoisseur of all things linguistic.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
allyuh serious????

Ah was going and counteract yuh ignorance, but ah realize it better to let yuh bask in it.  To talk bout dem ting dat highlighted in black really showing de forum yuh just being vindictive.  If yuh doh like ah soca warrior....den criticize constructively and stop talking out ah yuh ass wid dem chupid talk.  Yuh not in close proximity with de players to know who kissing who and sucking who.  Yuh doh come on ah forum and disrespect de people who goal is to make Trinidad supporters proud, and fighting die hard for dey country.  Learn de game, and follow de game, and watch more ah TnT fitball, and den yuh might see de kinda potential de yute have.  I not disputing de man last game for Trinidad was a bad one.....Dese tings does happen.  Everybody does have a bad day.  Furthermore, I doh really care which PFL game yuh see and didnt like either.  What I know is dat when de man was de skipper for de Gold Cup, he step up to de plate and lead de team with ah good display. My ting breddah is dat if yuh have dem kinda comments to make bout we players, make it out on yuh block, or by de bar....Not where it have people who know bout de game and passionate bout TnT fitball

1]; } ?>