April 23, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

Author Topic: Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly  (Read 7861 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald recalled for Thursday's friendly
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
UH OH !!!

Just now...leh mih get mih popcorn and coke and watch this one play out  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »
You make mention of ignorance and an ability to counteract same when it appears by your comments, and, as always I am suject to correction, that you suffer from the malady of being ignorant of YOUR ignorance.

While I am cognisant of the site being predominantly supportive of the warriors, as am I, it is bordering on intellectual suicide to purport that this site or its forum will promote blind allegiance to them.

For purposes of rationing portions of information to you..it is my concern that too large an influx may prove lethal...my passion for trinidad football is unquestioned and undeserving of further comment.

You claim knowledge of the game yet you harken only to as recently as the Gold Cup....surely someone as knowledgable and passionate as yourself would have a deeper recollection than that.

A note to the uneducated....I was part of the national set up from under 17 to under 23 levels....so my knowledge of the vicissitudes ofthe local game is intimate and not sequestered to random, uninformed rantings that you so eloquently typographically illustrated.

My assessment of Mr Theobald remains the same.....his record speaks for itself. In case you missed it fawning at the coat tails of my dialect, I will present it again in point form so as to solicit unconstricting comprehension:

spurned from falkirk...unable to make first team

left hungary..."injury"

trials in sweden,hungary and britain.....nothing

gives up capt armband to stern without either an argument or notifying coach

bails out on the world cup team when the team joined forces against jack

performing at ssfl level in local pfl

I post simply to promote parity and order not to engage in diatribe....if you have any information to the contrary....i will be more than happy to hear it

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
Sadis...yuh could say wha yuh want and talk yuh opinion..... but doh come on de forum and disrespect we players....yuh doh like ah man game..well aright.  Yuh feel odder men better dan him...well aright.....but come on here balling how man wiping odder players asshole and all dem kinda fu#$ry.  keep dem thoughts to yuh fireball self.  And doh feel yuh could try and use dat faggeted intellectual counteraction to throw off de real reason for my post.  When yuh disrespect we players...whether is be Theobald, Hyland, or whoever....I will blaze fire on yuh.... grow up and become ah big man

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »
You seem undaunted by the presentation of facts by those in the know....that is fine.....some of us lie gleefully in the quagmire of intellectual indebtedness.

I speak not from rumour or watered down information.....i speak from witnessing events unfold before my very eyes.

I reiterate from my previous post......when stern and dwight shit he firs to wipe dey ass.

Unless your imbecilic mind interprets that literally, your post leaves echoes of the intelligence quotient of a mentally retarded donkey.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
oh yeah.....blaze d fire

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2008, 02:05:38 PM »
You seem undaunted by the presentation of facts by those in the know....that is fine.....some of us lie gleefully in the quagmire of intellectual indebtedness.

I speak not from rumour or watered down information.....i speak from witnessing events unfold before my very eyes.

I reiterate from my previous post......when stern and dwight shit he firs to wipe dey ass.

Unless your imbecilic mind interprets that literally, your post leaves echoes of the intelligence quotient of a mentally retarded donkey.

Breds you is ah dictionary? When alyuh come on here talk so everybody could understand. I have ah Trini dictionary fuh alyuh so. ;) Come nah man I want to read alyuh business.  ;D Ah going and look up "quagmire" ah coming back. :rotfl: 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2008, 02:28:44 PM »
kiffy... yuh good.. you actually taking on this man..

He trying to make people laugh. Leave him let him make a spectacle of himself. The man step up for WC, Gold cup and the Digicel in 2006.
He talk about failed trials, but most of our footballer fail trials. That does not mean they not talented or skillful. It means the coaches looking for something else.

I feel is jealously. After all, he was part of the Under 17 and 23 set up. So, unless you are currently competing with Theobald, stop crying down the man and make good points nah. Say " he doh turn good, or he doh distribute.   The only point yuh have is that he hand over the armband.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
Hey hey how I get involve in this .

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »

That does not mean they not talented or skillful. It means the coaches looking for something else.

No it doesnt kind sir.....it means that they are not talented or skilful enough....like Mr theobald.

I was, in my estimation, better at academics than football, and made my choices accordingly so jealously does not factor in any of my personal equations.

And if you see the humour in my posts, I am both glad and appreciative.....most ppl who suffer from the inability to adequately comprehend find humour in things they dont understand.

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 05:00:59 PM »
Ordem e Progresso....pleasant evening to all. The forum yet great, seems to suffer from widespread subjectivity. Critical analysis of a person, place or football player is simply a part of life, however those whoose sensitivity levels are volatile to objective thoughts posted by others, seem fit to resort to either vulgarity as well as tasteless remarks in an attempt to make a point. In my own objective opinion as some of my fellow forumnites have already known, Theobald, based on evidence abundant to all forumnites, does not have the quality sought after by Internationally based clubs. Common sense should suggest that for a foreign player on trial in an alien country, above than average quality must be displayed in order to attract the coaches interest. Its true that many of our players have failed on trials in the past, but also, the very good ones succeed and Theobald simply does not have above than average quality. Let us see how the game today plays out, will Theobald step up and show us the class which some of the forumnites speak of, or will it be the same ole, same ole.... :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »

Theobald is 5x a better player than he was at WC 06'   I expect him to have a big say... He is also a character.. and will help the team both on and off...

Eh heh?? dat I have to see...

Besides..He must be really great if he could bench Latas ;) ent Leo?

Now yuh want men to pelt yuh wid some cyberspace bottle.... ;D

You shall     and for the second part i was just being sarcastic lol

Yeah ah know yuh was on kicks with de second part....I was just getting kicks mih self... ;D :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
daniel and hyland cant start over bleeder, you guys lost your mind or wha, hyland was clueless in terms of creativity and moving forward, hes a good holding mid but bleeder is still a cut aboveGod is de BOSS.....
....So TI reading this I can easily say that you have seen both Theobald and Hyland play recently..or is this based on forumites game reports?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
From The reports coming out of today's game, it looks like Theobald had an excellent game . This even prompted one commentator to suggest there may not be a need for Dwight Yorke. With Whitley and theobald and Kerry baptiste as well as Carlos and Leon playing the holding midfield, we look like we in business.
 Or is it that Netherland Antilles were bad.
 Waiting on Patriot as Touches was not there.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
Yes I was just about to post this that Theobald seems to have had a decent game.....so Kiffy happy like pappy tonite... :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »
Guys I wish Bleeder all the best but come on

I have seen all the games, Theo knows the basics, but he simply would go no further than his past form

Theo:
 Always makes himself available for the ball,
        has a high work rate in terms of positioning
        100% dedicated to the national team
Cons
He rarely passes the ball forward and has no imagination or the skill required to do so. All of his passes are taped back to the defence ALL.
He has no real position on the team:
is not a defensive midfielder and not a creative midfielder
his ball distribution is always limited to tapping back to his defence again

yes he is 100% dedicated to the national team, but over the recent past he had to be, he has failed to impress on all of his international try outs and even the PFL teams were not falling over themselves in trying to sign him, the best i have seen him play was in the digicell cup but that level of football is just not good enough to take to the world stage.

No matter a players work-rate and dedication, if you were not born with it (natural footballing talent) no amount of training will make you and outstanding player a cut above the rest .

i rather would take some one like Kerwin Jemmot (hardest) Jail his ass/ feed him well/ instill some discipline/and bring him up to full fitness and make him play football. Even at 50% fitness and 40 percent dedication, i think for 45 mins that he is on the field   he will have a more positive impact than someone like theobald. Look at old man latapy and his 5 mins of fame in the world cup, had more impact on the team and they looked much more threatening than they did for the entire WC campaign.

At some point we must all grow up and face the facts, to critique positive or negative is part of life, we are too big to sit down and cry over what people say or their opinions: The " oh we are all winners in our own special way" is for kids

If you dont make the grade you dont !!! lets move forward not backward

Nothing personal to the player but just my opinion on his play on the field, goodluck to theo where ever the future takes him
if he is eventually included in the team, i would like to see him have more self confidence  and actually go forward and do something positive. Take a Shot at Goal or two he is always in the position to do so but never does, he has the best positioning while on the field but never uses that great position to do any thing positive

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 05:55:09 AM »

I have seen all the games, Theo knows the basics, but he simply would go no further than his past form

Theo:
Cons
He rarely passes the ball forward and has no imagination or the skill required to do so. All of his passes are taped back to the defence ALL.

yes he is 100% dedicated to the national team, but over the recent past he had to be, he has failed to impress on all of his international try outs and even the PFL teams were not falling over themselves in trying to sign him, the best i have seen him play was in the digicell cup but that level of football is just not good enough to take to the world stage.

No matter a players work-rate and dedication, if you were not born with it (natural footballing talent) no amount of training will make you and outstanding player a cut above the rest .

i rather would take some one like Kerwin Jemmot (hardest) Jail his ass/ feed him well/ instill some discipline/and bring him up to full fitness and make him play football. Even at 50% fitness and 40 percent dedication, i think for 45 mins that he is on the field   he will have a more positive impact than someone like theobald. Look at old man latapy and his 5 mins of fame in the world cup, had more impact on the team and they looked much more threatening than they did for the entire WC campaign.

At some point we must all grow up and face the facts, to critique positive or negative is part of life, we are too big to sit down and cry over what people say or their opinions: The " oh we are all winners in our own special way" is for kids

Nothing personal to the player but just my opinion on his play on the field, goodluck to theo where ever the future takes him
if he is eventually included in the team, i would like to see him have more self confidence  and actually go forward and do something positive. Take a Shot at Goal or two he is always in the position to do so but never does, he has the best positioning while on the field but never uses that great position to do any thing positive

Best post yet.......respect

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »

Theo:
Cons

...lmao@jail de man..but pt taken......
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 06:11:21 AM »
Wouldn't an opinion innately be subjective in nature?
All these cries for objectivity seem hypocritical.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »

Theo:
Cons

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

That does not mean they not talented or skillful. It means the coaches looking for something else.

No it doesn't kind sir.....it means that they are not talented or skillful enough....like Mr Theobald.

I was, in my estimation, better at academics than football, and made my choices accordingly so jealously does not factor in any of my personal equations.

And if you see the humour in my posts, I am both glad and appreciative.....most ppl who suffer from the inability to adequately comprehend find humour in things they dint understand.

Actually, you should have read the reports on the reasons for his failure to obtain contracts at all of these teams before you spoke about them. Apparently, they considered him both skillful and talented enough to be offered contracts however, he was not strong enough a personality to be a member of the teams. He was also unwilling to put in the hours that the coaches felt he should and had an exalted view of his abilities, knowledge of the game and position. In addition to this he saw the teams as mere stepping stones in his destined position. He was therefore a bad fit because of his personality not his footballing ability.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:46 PM »
Just being sacarstic,i don't understand what all this old talk is about,it's the consensus of most posters from what i read about the last WC  players that those players are the ones with the experience and should be given a chance or first choice to be selected,if we are useing those players to measure who should play or not play Theobold qualifies in every sense of the word,at least he has been playing more than Birchall and Sancho,it's not me that said it,you all said give those guys a chance,i think  Jack/Pancho doing what the fans want. 

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »
theo should simply do what Darryl Roberts did in one year.  Build some muscle mass.  Being in midfield and have to go up against world class players, he needs to get big like yorke in the midfield.  He wouldnt have a powder puff penalty like he had.  He can get away with that in the PFL but not in a top league
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:45:12 PM by Babalawo »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 09:43:29 PM »
theo should simply do what Darryl Roberts did in one year.  Build some muscle mass.  Being in midfield and have to go up against world class players, he needs to get big like yorke in the midfield. He wouldnt have a powder puff penalty like he had. He can get away with that in the PFL but not in a top league

Babalawo you good weee. Das why de man miss he penalty?...it come off soft because he not strong enough?.......Leh me doh send up my pressure yes.......respect boss

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »
Why he take it in the first place  ??? I go have to be ah mad man to pick he to do it in the first place lol .Glen or somebody oui ,he just join the team duhhhh, u have no idea how good he is ,at it with one week with him .

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 10:11:32 PM »
theo should simply do what Darryl Roberts did in one year.  Build some muscle mass.  Being in midfield and have to go up against world class players, he needs to get big like yorke in the midfield. He wouldnt have a powder puff penalty like he had. He can get away with that in the PFL but not in a top league

Babalawo you good weee. Das why de man miss he penalty?...it come off soft because he not strong enough?.......Leh me doh send up my pressure yes.......respect boss

im not trying to put that as the main reason, but it will help in preventing powder puff kicks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »
D man name is Denzil Yorke he try a Yorke PK and it did not wuk simple
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 09:37:30 AM »

Confidence is a hell of a thing sometimes

I dont believe theo should have taken the penalty, not a question of size,
on the field he probably had the most "caps" which is why he was probably elected to take it,
however Theo plays no self confidence, on and off the field he is a follower not a leader,
there was only one time i saw theo break out of his mould in Zen after their return from germany
celebration party the guy was dancing on soongs chairs although surrounded by the rest of the warrior clan!!
Look at when he moves with the team off the field, like a boy amongst men, always tucked behind one of the star players
especially at this stage of his career where he was in a slump, to bring him out and take a penality is a harsh call

C. Ronaldo missed big penalities as well but then again was it a confidence thing?, He is known never to show up for big games and when his game is off
he too makes mistakes

Techinique also plays a part and when you are not sure its always better to blast that sucker. once its on target the keeper will never get it!! Dont try to be a dwight if you aint one. Come on theo Bury it and make it count next time theo!! Then Beat yuh chest like the congo man, show them who is boss

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:08 AM »

Confidence is a hell of a thing sometimes

I dont believe theo should have taken the penalty, not a question of size,
on the field he probably had the most "caps" which is why he was probably elected to take it,
however Theo plays no self confidence, on and off the field he is a follower not a leader,
there was only one time i saw theo break out of his mould in Zen after their return from germany
celebration party the guy was dancing on soongs chairs although surrounded by the rest of the warrior clan!!
Look at when he moves with the team off the field, like a boy amongst men, always tucked behind one of the star players
especially at this stage of his career where he was in a slump, to bring him out and take a penality is a harsh call

C. Ronaldo missed big penalities as well but then again was it a confidence thing?, He is known never to show up for big games and when his game is off
he too makes mistakes

Techinique also plays a part and when you are not sure its always better to blast that sucker. once its on target the keeper will never get it!! Dont try to be a dwight if you aint one. Come on theo Bury it and make it count next time theo!! Then Beat yuh chest like the congo man, show them who is boss

He put himself under unnecessary pressure. As soon as the ref called the pen he grabbed the ball and started walking up and down before he settled it. The body language was real negative and the execution was poor. It was as if he thought his future selection would be decided by that single penalty. We were dominating them and it just a friendly anyway. There was hardly any real pressure at all.

Fortunately he was able to pick himself up and play a good game. I hope he learns from that miss. 

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
All this talk about creative midfield, the reality is that we have no creative midfielder available in the true sense of the word, but Theobald is the best exponent of the through pass in the local game right now. There is a difference between skill on the ball and being able to work the angles on the field and putting successful passes about.

I watch Daniel and Hyland and even Whitley struggle to put a proper through pass to the forwards. They may be able to execute some skill to create the space but 4 out of 5 times the attempted through pass never makes it to the forward.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2008, 08:31:18 PM »
All this talk about creative midfield, the reality is that we have no creative midfielder available in the true sense of the word, but Theobald is the best exponent of the through pass in the local game right now. There is a difference between skill on the ball and being able to work the angles on the field and putting successful passes about.

I watch Daniel and Hyland and even Whitley struggle to put a proper through pass to the forwards. They may be able to execute some skill to create the space but 4 out of 5 times the attempted through pass never makes it to the forward.

Thanks G...it have plenty dotish people on de forum still cyah realize dat

1]; } ?>