September 20, 2024, 07:03:15 PM

Author Topic: Info on a defence force player  (Read 1915 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Info on a defence force player
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »
Saw a player last night who for me was the standout of the double header between Defence Force/ Petrotrin and jabloteh / Caledonia. I found his name to be Christopher Durity for the Army ..anybody knows anything about him ?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Info on a defence force player
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:31:34 PM »
I tried to get some info.  I've heard the name before.

Just know he is a midfielder and he came to Defence Force in the 2005 season under Kerry Jamerson.

Before that, he played with W Connection.

What was it about his play that impressed you?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:36:27 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:56 PM »
he went Hillview..livin not too far from me in D'Abadie..i was 2 or 3 years under him both in primary and secondary school...he had stints on one of d National Youth teams cant remember which one..u17 or u20

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
Captained QRC for a yr while i was still in school........good holding midfielder the last time I saw him play....he was also on W Connection's  U 20 team, with Kenwyne Jones, Roderick Anthony, Jan Michael Williams, Andre Pacheco, Kern and Kyle Cupid, Carrington, Phillips, Buck Buck (cant remember his real name).....dat was a bomb squad too.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
Captained QRC for a yr while i was still in school........good holding midfielder the last time I saw him play....he was also on W Connection's  U 20 team, with Kenwyne Jones, Roderick Anthony, Jan Michael Williams, Andre Pacheco, Kern and Kyle Cupid, Carrington, Phillips, Buck Buck (cant remember his real name).....dat was a bomb squad too.
Yeah he came in for A levels.He supposed to be around 23-24 now.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
he went Hillview..livin not too far from me in D'Abadie..i was 2 or 3 years under him both in primary and secondary school...he had stints on one of d National Youth teams cant remember which one..u17 or u20
he play on the u17 team from 1997-1999..that team had players like kwamie wilthshire, denzil theobald, fabien lewis, damian westfield, kendell davis, dean logan, kevon clement, anthony noreiga...that was a nice squad muhammad isa was the coach and then keith look loy....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »

I will try and answer some questions on your reply... I found him to be an excellent holding midfielder. He has good positional sense and was obviously well coached. No one in the stadium could say much about him last night and I am very encouraged by what I am reading now about him. I asked if he had not played on a junior national team before and his own army supporters said no.
He certainly impressed me last night and I had to go to the commentators booth to get his name .
I must get to Anton on this one ..Anton that fella could step up try him !!!!

He reminds me of one of my favourite national players ...Hutson Charles, selfless, hardworking with good technique and willing to play a defined role on a team. I contrasted his performance with that of the midfielders on show last night ...meh pores raising as I write this ... Like I go have to call up Aton again ...another diamond in the rough here who slipped through the cracks.. Just look at who he held company with this eh no newcomer this is a nugget.
Fpr all the homebased ..go watch this young fella...ah glad he eh too old and tell me what you think ..

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »
maybe like 25 so...was there when he was in L6 i believe
he a decent player...
good shot as well...not the fastest but he fit ...like everybody else ont hat Defence force side

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 07:34:13 PM »
I tried to get some info.  I've heard the name before.

Just know he is a midfielder and he came to Defence Force in the 2005 season under Kerry Jamerson.

Before that, he played with W Connection.

What was it about his play that impressed you?

I may have answered your question in another reply but he has good technique and positional sense ... ran box to box all night made few mistakes and was in the game all the time. By the way on the strength of the army's play last night they will win some more games....some things never change ...once the rains come the army plays !..ah sure it have army men who could testify  to that.

1]; } ?>