March 29, 2024, 10:01:48 AM

Author Topic: Who is right back Joyce?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Who is right back Joyce?
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:22:31 PM »
Anybody could shed some light on this player?

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
Re: Who is right back Joyce?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
that is tonight's million dollar question...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
Is this Joyce?

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »
Is it former St. Augustine player Gyasi Joyce?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:18:33 AM »
Maturana callin up man from de stands all kinda ting just so he doh have to give Guerra a sweat..

I guess Guerra need to figure out himself what he did to piss off the coach and get de silent treatment.  then come out and apologize publicly like Theobald...real lil boy ting ::)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »
I dunno who he is but d man have some serious wheels, he make a couple overlapping runs and leave out  3 men for dead. Short like roberto carlos....

Unfortunately he defends like him too.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:55:17 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 06:59:49 AM »
Maturana callin up man from de stands all kinda ting just so he doh have to give Guerra a sweat..

I guess Guerra need to figure out himself what he did to piss off the coach and get de silent treatment.  then come out and apologize publicly like Theobald...real lil boy ting ::)

Guerra will get his opportunity.  He jes need to be ready when it comes.  Patience is a important skill too.  Mental toughness is a skill dat many of our young players lack.  If he can overcome this alleged "slight" instead of wallowin in it (not sayin dat he is), it will only be to bis benefit.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 07:17:14 AM »
Agree wit u Palos but dat is meh concern all reports he mentally weak so lets hope he hold it 2gether
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 07:23:24 AM »
Based on de petty stupidness dat leave Bleeder out of de team for so long, I wouldn't doubt is some petty stupidness that keeping Guerra off de field.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »
D chipness is hetell d press he was discarded v England so u know he in an aircondition dog house
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »
This thought just entered my mind while reading about this new coach and his handling or benching of certain players, who may be better fit to play. I wonder if it’s a technique of Maturana’s that he’s using to create a passion within certain players, to prove their worth when given a chance on the pitch. It seems like it may be a silent treatment but more a motivational technique I believe. Actually it kind of make sense to me, because it places a fear into the players minds of instability… which in return will cause them to play harder and play to secure a starting spot on the bench or the pitch.  What ever methods that’s he’s using they are grasping. They are starting to win and the players are doing whatever to try to get on this team.  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:36:28 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 07:37:28 AM »
Once u put on your national colours yuh suppose 2 have passion so meh eh buyin dat story

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »
Once u put on your national colours yuh suppose 2 have passion so meh eh buyin dat story

"yuh suppose 2" Well will you buy this? Some people or players need to be trained by mind techniques, you need to get into their psyche. The renewing of the mind can help at times to propel a player to another level professionally and tactically in his game…even though he was already skillful. How many gifted players have not gotten anywhere because of their attitude? R Then not every player that put on national colours have played with passion…some ah them not even on the team no more, so meh eh buyin dat story.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:01:01 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »
I blieve in intrinsic motivation so if u have  get bench 2 b motivated when u get back in d team then what. All dem fellas u talk bout whey dem while d fellas wit less skill head in d right place will always make my team

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »
Wehitis, I cud possibly buy that story if Guerra was a regular in the side before (like Theobald) and went thru a rough patch or sumtin. However the fact of the matter is that Guerra has only played a grand total of 23 mins for the NT, split over 2 games if i remember correctly. How is that going to help him?

You have to remember that international football is usually an arena where experience makes a world of difference. With the games we've been playing recently against the likes of NA, Guyana, Barbados, and Puerto Rico, don't u think these would be the perfect type of contests for a player as young and inexperienced as Guerra to get his feet wet and build the confidence that he would need? That seems to be what he doing with all the other young players! (Cupid, Edwards, Carter, Gay, etc).

It just doh make any sense to me.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
Wehitis, I cud possibly buy that story if Guerra was a regular in the side before (like Theobald) and went thru a rough patch or sumtin. However the fact of the matter is that Guerra has only played a grand total of 23 mins for the NT, split over 2 games if i remember correctly. How is that going to help him?

You have to remember that international football is usually an arena where experience makes a world of difference. With the games we've been playing recently against the likes of NA, Guyana, Barbados, and Puerto Rico, don't u think these would be the perfect type of contests for a player as young and inexperienced as Guerra to get his feet wet and build the confidence that he would need? That seems to be what he doing with all the other young players! (Cupid, Edwards, Carter, Gay, etc).

It just doh make any sense to me.

At this stage it may not be a good tactic to use on the younger players, but we must also understand that we are not looking at now but the future also. I was only speculating on his methods and trying to get into his brains.  What else can we come up with of why is he passing over those younger skillful player? ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 09:00:51 AM »
Like yuh eh watchin d proceedings a man eh play since feb 4 someting dat none ah we did know happen. D fella in question tell d whole d send him 2 uncovered 2 c d celebration game unless I hear different dat is y he eh playin 2 much ah badmind peeps involve in we football

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 09:12:04 AM »
like ah does ask every so often....so nobody here eh know nobody on the national team to get we the inside scoop on dis Guerra situation, it really ridiculous how dis fella eh getting no sweat yet he still on de team, wha dey keeping him around for then?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »

"yuh suppose 2" Well will you buy this? Some people or players need to be trained by mind techniques, you need to get into their psyche. The renewing of the mind can help at times to propel a player to another level professionally and tactically in his game…even though he was already skillful. How many gifted players have not gotten anywhere because of their attitude? R Then not every player that put on national colours have played with passion…some ah them not even on the team no more, so meh eh buyin dat story.  ;)

Not in entire agreement with the Theobald disciplinary move...but as Bob Knight has so famously said:

"The greatest motivation is the distance between ass and bench"

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
Yes who is he?

I know he played for St Augustine a couple years back, but I haven't seen his name on any PFL team sheet thus far...(maybe he with NE Stars or Cali?????)

Or...........maybe he the starting rwb for Alcons :devil:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 09:20:13 AM »
Yes who is he?

I know he played for St Augustine a couple years back, but I haven't seen his name on any PFL team sheet thus far...(maybe he with NE Stars or Cali?????)

Or...........maybe he the starting rwb for Alcons :devil:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think the commentators mentioned Cali, but with the ttproleague site back to an error page, who knows.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 09:24:07 AM »
Where d last find Michael Edwards

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »
nahhh if he is the same player from st. augustine intercol team from 2 years ago , he is olny 21 for the most , or maybe still under 20 and just another T&T Under 20 player gettin exposer.... He was quite an ordinary player in intercol had to develop quite fast for him to be called , last i hear he was playing with Joe Public in the Super League.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 11:55:13 AM »
So all in all nobody kno who this phantom player really is den!
All i really concerned bout is how he play??? Anybody who went to the game can give me a good assessment ah what he brings to the team?
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:57 PM »
Gyasi Joyce, fullback according to the announcers

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
If he really under 20 then u know d route 2 d under 20 team is via d national team just ask Jamal Gay

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 06:19:29 AM »
Gyasi Joyce played for Trincity in the Premier Division of the UWI Employees Super Football League. He's reminds me of Telesford a bit, not a bad player at all... But experience is needed and we need to see if he can up his standard to international football, he currently plays for Caledonia AIA.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 06:47:45 AM »
May be i'm just not getting it,when the Coach select these young players people have a problem with their inexperience etc etc the call is for the more experience WC players,JW,Maturana,Anton trying there best to facilitate that,the topic now is the young players are being treated like dogs,they need to know why they are dropped etc etc

No player needs any explanation as to why they are dropped,you get dropped you get dropped end of tex just get back in line and wait your call,the thing is when ever you get the chance make use of it that was always my policy,we can give any amount of reasons/excuse why a player is dropped but i can tell you if a player is playing well he will be selected,in T&T once a player is dropped the politics game is played if we want to go down that road all of us playing politics because once our friends don't make it we vex,the thing with me i don't know any of these guys,i have no fovourites,when a team gpes out there it's T&T i support win or loose,i read what ever little reports on the game and get my kicks,regardless of my views it does not change Football in T&T it's just my views so no one should get at me for it,i do the same for everyone else on here,much respect to all.         

1]; } ?>