April 18, 2024, 03:33:37 AM

Author Topic: Two is enough versus N/Antilles.  (Read 8055 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: For those who have seen the TT games under Pacho
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »
Coops I have meh own blacklist long time the players so far
Power
Jack
Newest additions Cupid and Smith
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »
TI

Considering Hardest not in the equation and Guerra not between the brackets...how can you say Yorke and Whitley are not creative mids?

Breds Yorke have the best football brain on the field, If it have anybody to speed up, slow down, dictate the pace of the game, screen a ball...shoot or thread it is him.

Whitley has been our main attack since he has been recalled. Without him the team does suffer...who score in the Office TI?

Whitley is a boss...it is because he was playing defensive mid we ent get to see the full attacking exploits he have.

WHitley and Leon ent play together yet...a Combo I am relishing to see.

But Birchall could handle a wing...he have speed...is only a push and run yuh need..and he could cross. We only have wingers who could beat and go nowhere and waste the cross.

Spann hadda pull up he socks and tie them with a strap...gorn tru for me. Is not a wingback..is better as a center midfielder.

Ehy I know yuh want the EDR posse play...yes yuh have hopes for them, but yuh cyar say Yorke and Whitley is non creative to put them fellas dey.

P.s...Me mum could pass dred, he technique good....is just he first touch like a wall.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 02:24:11 PM »
TI

Considering Hardest not in the equation and Guerra not between the brackets...how can you say Yorke and Whitley are not creative mids?

Breds Yorke have the best football brain on the field, If it have anybody to speed up, slow down, dictate the pace of the game, screen a ball...shoot or thread it is him.

Whitley has been our main attack since he has been recalled. Without him the team does suffer...who score in the Office TI?

Whitley is a boss...it is because he was playing defensive mid we ent get to see the full attacking exploits he have.

But Birchall could handle a wing...he have speed...is only a push and run yuh need..and he could cross. We only have wingers who could beat and go nowhere and waste the cross.

Spann hadda pull up he socks and tie them with a strap...gorn tru for me. Is not a wingback..is better as a center midfielder.

Ehy I know yuh want the EDR posse play...yes yuh have hopes for them, but yuh cyar say Yorke and Whitley is non creative to put them fellas dey.

P.s...Me mum could pass dred, he technique good....is just he first touch like a wall.

Yorke is not a creative mid.... Just because yuh have a good footballing brain doh mean yuh creative.

Whitley has some individual skill but I'm not sure his movement & passing qualify him as a creative midfielder either. 

When I think Creative, I think Latapy and at certain points in his career Dwarika...

p.s. Me mum eh really that fast either...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brief highlights of T&T vs Netherlands Antilles
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

without wanting to seem to ungrateful, I believe Touches photos offer us a better opportunity of game analysis than these shaky video clips, with a very zoom happy 'camera man', and which only seem to show us action when the ball is dead, or about to be dead.

I sure it have some mobile phone camera vids from the stands done more professional than this.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »
FLi!
         The rythmn section was the best. We can give them Brazilians a run for they money when it come to percussion.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
FLi!
         The rythmn section was the best. We can give them Brazilians a run for they money when it come to percussion.

In which case the title of the youtube clip should  change to highlights of the riddim section  :-\

Offline Marx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
One word....tripod

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
Fli

The pix were from scarface thank him

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Two is enough versus N/Antilles.
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
Ah bet we never get that update/report, allyuh wait Lasana must come up with something.   :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 04:43:54 PM »
So wait, Michael Edwards was de best thing we find de odda day and now he no where to be found, and a new jack (Gyasi Joyce) getting playing time. Lard fadda, like Gyasi Joyce is one of Conneal boys or maybe he is de next Latas....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »

without wanting to seem to ungrateful, I believe Touches photos offer us a better opportunity of game analysis than these shaky video clips, with a very zoom happy 'camera man', and which only seem to show us action when the ball is dead, or about to be dead.

I sure it have some mobile phone camera vids from the stands done more professional than this.

:-\  is ah good thing yuh didnt want to seem ungrateful.. lol

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2008, 05:20:07 PM »

:-\  is ah good thing yuh didnt want to seem ungrateful.. lol

*chuckles*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:34 PM »
just saw the highlights on tv..toussaint goal shud never have score.
And from the highlights our finishing is on a school boy level. It almost looks like they just hitting without having a clue where they actually aiming for, shooting wide and right at the keeper
Back in Trini...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Ladies and Guys,
                                Allyuh don't think we should be playing stronger opponents, even if we get a good cutarse, as someone on another thread had asked.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »
When I think Creative, I think Latapy and at certain points in his career Dwarika...

What yuh doh think Hardest or Guerra   :o

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
      Yes we definitely need strong opponents! Like all them opponents get scared when they hear that Dwight, Birchie and the real Warriors actually going to play!?

Anyway I just saw the highlights of the Netherlands Antilles game and the only real positive for me is that we did not concede any goals and our keeper was ok.

Theobald MISSED a penalty in the first half! Well the keeper saved it and at this level I does get real mad when we fighting and having most of the chances to score (especially against these weak teams we playing over the last few months) and shitting up PLUS missing penalties! Theobald should get good wood in he arse! If you kicking a penalty place it and power it.. geez not a half placement that sorfy sorfy making the Neth. Antillles keeper look good. Just as we did against Bermuda when we lost 2-1 having most of the opportunties and wasting we did last night.

Glen miss a few too, he really better start back scoring because I know he is so much better than that. If our keeper was not good it coulda be 2-2 or something. Then again in the second half more missing as usual by our Soca Missers!!

Wolfe scored and ok header for the 2nd goal I real happy for him because no one up to now knows why he replaced Scott Sealey and made the 2006 WC team just for a free trick because we all knew he was never going to get a game... so at least Wolfie hopefully trying something it only took him about 4-5 years... but let's hope for him yes... so he was a good sub.

All in all we should have won about 5-0 the usual thing nahh. this 2-0 and small level wins is not good enough.

Happy to see Cyd Gray play, Theobald need to improve but hopefully when we get the real team back, he and Stern John will NOT kick any penalties...

Onward ever Warriors especially the real warriors! Hopefully we will get better opposition for the next friendly and more of the Real players will return.

Hyland was unlucky not to score his header... he is probably the only newbie that really make sense so far, happy for him and Portsmouth.

Kerry Baptiste scored a good lil first goal and I am happy for him to be in the squad too.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »
I did not see any of these games but i am trying to understand the rational behind how people rate the performance of our national team.We played two games against Bermuda and Netherland Antilies we won both of them with basically two different teams,the scores were 2-0 but the impression i got, one game we played shyt,wrong players being selected,wrong game plan etc etc the other game excellent team,right players,good game plan,players were impressive etc etc

What i'm trying to say here is that the scores were the same,may be i guess the same amount of goals were thrown away,is it because Netherland Antillies is a stronger team than Bermuda,is it because our favourite players played,did we change the Coach,is it because Corneal did not select the team for the last game(this is what someone said),how are we satisfied with two goals against Netherland Antillies and not Bermuda?    

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »
     Umm we are very DISSATISFIED with the 2 goals! I think Bermuda were actually stronger than N.A. We just missed more!! We need to actually SCORE the opportunties... Hyland, Baptiste, Gray and our keeper were probably the best players. Overall we kept the ball and played ok maybe an improvement but we must score the chances, missing a penalty and scoring 10% of the chances created is not good enough!

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »
where is Touches so call pictures of the game ...where could i fine it

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 06:12:22 PM »
where is Touches so call pictures of the game ...where could i fine it

apparently the copyright for the photos belongs to scarface.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=37563.0

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:39 PM »
lol..

we gone from making qualified conclusions from eye witness reports and over animated radio broadcasts to making conclusions from amateur still photographs..well yes, allyuh good yes.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
Omar yuh ketching kicks but I trying to fill the gap for alyuh.

Ent a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Not in this case.
TnT Patriot

TrinInfinite

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
TI

Yorke is not a creative mid.... Just because yuh have a good footballing brain doh mean yuh creative.

Whitley has some individual skill but I'm not sure his movement & passing qualify him as a creative midfielder either.  

p.s. Me mum eh really that fast either...

creative is latas breddah, yorkie creates yes but his role in the wc was a holding mid, theres a difference, sterns applause for latas in the wc when he enteretd the pitch and made a difference right away was intentional and deliberate in that latas was the key to the offense, whitely is good but not in hardest category, nor dwarika, nor guerra, whitley can almost be classified as a utility player, creative mid, nah son, yorkie is solid as the holding mid but the job of getting the strikers the ball better be left to a man like hardest or guerra, this is not a promotion for the edr, just the mere fact, that we have produced some of the most creative mids in the nation, if you deny that, you need to change your prescription at the eye doctor; i dont like watching boring football, which is what ive been watching for the last little while, the last creativity that was on display was hardest and bleeder in the mid for the digicel.

oh and its just a matter of time before all of them are on the team, bc our team lacking in the mid, no matter what you say

God is de BOSS....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2008, 10:11:08 PM »
I was at the game and I was very impressed with the passing, the technical  play and the cohesion of the team. Enjoying the live scenes. Met up with the players and coaches afterwards.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
So Mats learn english yet
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
So Mats learn english yet
The man does be talking to the players on the sidelines so  in the brief encounter, the man seems to be understanding  questions.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2008, 10:24:42 PM »
Great so hecould tell d chimpmunks I will pick my own team excellent

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »
Ok.. you make some sense there..

Not necessarily saying that I agree with you though.

Yes the RB (cyd) doesn't appear to be picking anyone up, but if the RM leaves his mark as you suggest to attack the player with the ball, a quick ball down the flank could easily skin open that left wing. I think its difficult to watch a still photo and say conclusively what the best option was at that point.

In that photo, if the guy marking the person on the ball gets beat then the RM will step up to confront and the RB can easily slide across to pick up the guy that the RM was previously marking in one fluid motion.  Everyone would be covered.

Ten people could look at that same photo and see ten different things. You even went as far in your analysis to say that a player all de way on de next side of the field should open his body ??? Honestly, you doh find dat just ah lil bit too picky just watching a photo?

Point taken about using photos, but this is not a professional photographer snapping specific game sets and situations to come to conclusions.. This is an errant shot from a fan at the game. All that you deduce about the build up to the photo is speculation.

I would say don't read too much into it..   :beermug: :beermug:

The positionms i gave should have been the orginal postions adopted as we defend. If we tried to do what I say after this pic was taken what you say would happen mostlikely. This is why we need to make correct decisions earlier.

The coaching staff could use this very photo and do what we just did and the players will learn a lot from it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>