April 19, 2024, 04:25:25 PM

Author Topic: The Great Barry Sanders...  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Great Barry Sanders...
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
Fuh allyuh men who could appreciate some NFL football...dunno if he's the greatest ever, but damn sure the greatest I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6FYB_L2aU (my personal favorite Barry highlight at 6:10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooXOZfR4EBw&feature=related (check de sweet 'B' button spin move at 00:50')
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:05:22 PM by Bake n Buljol »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Barry Sanders...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
Greatest for me.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »
DAT is runnin back FADDAH  :applause:

when he was in he prime I was goin to school across the river in windsor... I was fortunate enough to see he play live twice

Sanders never use to evade, he use to give ah classic trinidad primary school 'beaks' to the opposin players...dah fellah was poetry in motion
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:49:11 AM »
really amazing what he did on teams that were mediocre at best.  woulda be good to have him on your team playing catch and rescue.

I like the fact that even though he walk away at his peak he never make any dotish comeback attempts.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:50:53 AM by daryn »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
really amazing what he did on teams that were mediocre at best.  woulda be good to have him on your team playing catch and rescue.

I like the fact that even though he walk away at his peak he never make any dotish comeback attempts.
Yuh mean like mih boy Brett Fav-ruh  ::)  Brett ah love yuh dred, but go home and fish arready nuh.

Anyways... Dutty yuh lucky dred, ah never had the pleasure.

Daryn... imagine if dat man had ah offensive line and ah quarterback?  Back then the Lions defense was nice, but they had Andre Ware, Rodney Peete and Scott Mitchell as QBs...  they had some nice receivers too, but deficiencies on the line (nobody to block for him) and deficiencies at the QB position, along with a mediocre head coach (Wayne Fontes) doomed that squad.

I never see ah man could shake grown men de way Barry did...stop on a dime and change direction, power, speed and shiftiness.  It will be a while before we see another one like him.  As much as his retirement did buss mih up at de time it was the right decision for him... I could accept that.  Seeing a HOF'er like Earl Campbell now, could barely walk after double hip-replacement surgeries... is heartbreaking.  Barry, Tiki Barber and Robert Smith (Minnesota Vikings) did the rightest thing by walking away on their own terms.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »
now that yuh mention receivers I now remember they had herman moore on that team too. 

imagine he and Brett was co-MVPs in '97 and 1 year later he walk away at his peak with the all-time rushing record just a few games away (extrapolating on his usual numbers).  the man never make a note in retirement, show up for the HOF induction and that was that.

#4 is just too much drama at dis point.  The man is obviously capable and it hard to tell a man to sit out his last few years of being able to play the game well, but oh gorm man.   it seems like 3 or 4 years in a row now, every season have weeks of drama about whether he going to come back or not.  and then that press conference in february with all them tears take it to a whole other level.  he moving like ray leonard and dem fellas.  except he getting more attention.

anyhow, I didn't mean to distract from the #20 recognition thread.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
now that yuh mention receivers I now remember they had herman moore on that team too. 

Along with Johnnie Morton and Brett Perriman

imagine he and Brett was co-MVPs in '97 and 1 year later he walk away at his peak with the all-time rushing record just a few games away (extrapolating on his usual numbers).  the man never make a note in retirement, show up for the HOF induction and that was that.

Typical Barry... I used to love how he'd get in the endzone and just hand the ball to the official.  He said his father always told him growing up "act like you've been there before"...lol, love it.

#4 is just too much drama at dis point.  The man is obviously capable and it hard to tell a man to sit out his last few years of being able to play the game well, but oh gorm man.  it seems like 3 or 4 years in a row now, every season have weeks of drama about whether he going to come back or not.  and then that press conference in february with all them tears take it to a whole other level.  he moving like ray leonard and dem fellas.  except he getting more attention.

anyhow, I didn't mean to distract from the #20 recognition thread.

...and I think that's the key there, some (like me) just tired of the perennial twisting in the wind thing.  I real admire dude, and part of me wants for him to still play.  At the same time though, in addition to my own fatigue on the issue, I totally understand where the team is coming from.  He really putting them in a tough situation...lose-lose.

doh worry about 'distract[ing]' man...I know nuff men not into the NFL and can't understand why man like me addicted so ah wanted to put out ah samlple of greatness.  But everybody free to add whatever contribution they have man  :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »
#4 is just too much drama at dis point.  The man is obviously capable and it hard to tell a man to sit out his last few years of being able to play the game well, but oh gorm man.   it seems like 3 or 4 years in a row now, every season have weeks of drama about whether he going to come back or not.  and then that press conference in february with all them tears take it to a whole other level.  he moving like ray leonard and dem fellas.  except he getting more attention.

boy he real disappoint me with this drama, even though me ent know who at fault really.
the man was more than capable of playing another season, so me ent know why he even attempt to retire.
he perfect legacy to me was to be always be a Packer and not be some money hungry washed up player at some other team for a year.

any ah allyuh into NFL Fanatsy football?

yes i agree Barry Sanders was the best i ever saw..too bad that Lions team wasnt that good.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 10:26:31 PM »

boy he real disappoint me with this drama, even though me ent know who at fault really.
the man was more than capable of playing another season, so me ent know why he even attempt to retire.
he perfect legacy to me was to be always be a Packer and not be some money hungry washed up player at some other team for a year.

any ah allyuh into NFL Fanatsy football?

yes i agree Barry Sanders was the best i ever saw..too bad that Lions team wasnt that good.

Yeah man... I play every year, about 6-7 years in ah row now.  We should be getting de league together next month or so, I'll keep those interested posted... or we could start one up here, but ah know half deez imps here go ketch horrors.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 02:43:21 PM »
Thanks fuh ah thread like dis BnB, cuz fuh de last 2 years or so, I've been trying, as far de subject of your thread, cuz ah still learning de game. De thing is dat I'm American now, and all these years ah was playing dat typical hard ball Trinbagonian nah, if is not football/soccer, basketball or cricket, ah not interested. Well ah was fighting ah loosing battle  ;D. All meh bois does get excited when football season start, Monday night football is ah big thing down here. We have ah crew dat does go ah nice spot call Iguanas on Pines Blvd, call down some good food and beat some juice. Well dat spot does close at 4:00 AM (Monday night, in to Tuesday morning). After de happy hour and de game, people does hit de dance floor. It mostly mature folks doh, from about 28 years and up. If all yuh see how dat place does be full on ah Monday night, yuh will think these people not working anywhere.

Well actually most of dem do, but dey just love dat spot. Well after going there just fuh de food and de flex, ah finally gained some grounds wid knowledge ah de game now,so some times ah does be de first man dey wid food and drinks on table, just waiting on de crew. De thing is dat I'm really starting to love de game, I'm quite surprised, I must admit doh. After all these years, ah finally gave in  :o. Lately each time ah pick up ah newspaper or turn on de TV, ah checking out de latest on Favre, a big player dat. Well presently ah even following baseball, de wife teaching meh de rules on dat one  :-[. Well ah have ah lil idea about baseball, is just some rules dat did confused de heck out ah meh.

Ah even in to hockey 2, cuz ah business padnah of mine, he have some connection wid de Florida Panthers, so he does always get tickets fuh de hockey games. So wid dat, ah went to my first 2 hockey games last year. Well ah didn't need much convincing to like it, it is a very exciting sports. I will be back again dis year, well de tickets for dat is free, so ah going fuh sure  ;). Wid no dis to anyone at all, but I always had de mentality dat hockey wasn't a sport for a black person to like. Well ah was damn wrong, cuz it had some black folks at de game. Trust meh people, if yuh in de USA, check out de ice hockey, good stuff man, nice people and great enviroment.

Ah will give de single men ah lil tip 2, there are some very pretty and sexy females at dem ice hockey games. Dey does be dey by de car loads, most of dem doh come wid any man or men wid dem. Dey does be dressed up looking fine as ever. So if yuh shopping around, just go dey wid ah bredrin or bredrins, eat some thing, drink some juice, enjoy de game and check out de females and dem nah man. Enjoy it, cuz ah cah do de females thing anymore, cuz I have wifey already, so ah have tuh behave. Apart from dat, every thing well blessed home, so there is no need to fack dat up. Any way, just remember, if all yuh pick up, doh forget tuh send my tip in de mail please, fuh setting all yuh up wid all yuh next girl friend or future wife  ;)  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade and Beasley - De real deal
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:02:14 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
Supa like yuh had a lot on yuh chest dred, lol.... pure stream of conscience den  ;D

Dred I moved tuh NY in my teens... saw the great Lawrence Taylor juss mashing up men on de field and became hooked.  Can't tell me nothing about my Giants, lol.  But we never really had exciting offensive players, just good overall team defense.  Watching other more exciting players in the NFL made me really appreciate the sport though... Barry Sanders was by far the most incredible player I have seen.  In college Raghib "Rocket" Ismail was dynamic... a threat to score whenever he touched the ball.  As exciting as he was, he was no Barry Sanders...dat man used tuh juss break men ankles then.  He single-handedly teach big men how to tackle wind  :rotfl:

NFL Football, Football and Basketball is mih top sports... but ah love some baseball too.  Hockey ah cyah really get with yet.  I'll watch some Stanley Cup playoff games, but eh really have de interest to watch regular season games.  Never been in person though, so ah sure that makes a difference... just like it makes a big difference watching baseball on TV and watching it in person...so much more interesting.

I can appreciate most sports though...I-man even ready to pick up ah golf club- I love playing miniature golf or "putt putt" as some call it.  They could keep Lacrosse doh  :D

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 05:15:47 PM »
Supa like yuh had a lot on yuh chest dred, lol.... pure stream of conscience den  ;D

Dred I moved tuh NY in my teens... saw the great Lawrence Taylor juss mashing up men on de field and became hooked.  Can't tell me nothing about my Giants, lol.  But we never really had exciting offensive players, just good overall team defense.  Watching other more exciting players in the NFL made me really appreciate the sport though... Barry Sanders was by far the most incredible player I have seen.  In college Raghib "Rocket" Ismail was dynamic... a threat to score whenever he touched the ball.  As exciting as he was, he was no Barry Sanders...dat man used tuh juss break men ankles then.  He single-handedly teach big men how to tackle wind  :rotfl:

NFL Football, Football and Basketball is mih top sports... but ah love some baseball too.  Hockey ah cyah really get with yet.  I'll watch some Stanley Cup playoff games, but eh really have de interest to watch regular season games.  Never been in person though, so ah sure that makes a difference... just like it makes a big difference watching baseball on TV and watching it in person...so much more interesting.

I can appreciate most sports though...I-man even ready to pick up ah golf club- I love playing miniature golf or "putt putt" as some call it.  They could keep Lacrosse doh  :D

Yeah meh boi, ah cah play de female games no more, or ah should say it is not de right thing to do ;). Well ah not selfish, so ah just letting de other breddahs know where de beef is at  ;). Yuh way more advance dan me in de football doh, dat is cool, cuz ah still learning. Seriously, take meh advice, any time in de season coming up, call yuh padnah and all yuh go to a ice Hockey game. Trust me, you will love it sah, nice people, nice vibes man and yuh know ah like meh lil fight and thing (it still in meh  ;D) well dem bois does be fighting on one end and de game going on on de other.

Well de golf thing, when we have dem celebrities in town fun concerts and thing, yuh know dat is all dem like. Most Celebs when dey come to SF, dey does like 4 things. Dey does like tuh go and coast by de golf course, flex on south beach, eat good food and of course de juices. Well tuh be honest, ah went to the golf course wid some ah dem nuff times when dey in town. But guess what, de only thing I wanted next to me on dat golf course, is de cooler wid de juices. As long as dat cooler dey by me, dem cud play all de golf dey want, me eh reach dat sport yet. Ah think is because I'm in to being active and sweating, when it come to a sport, dat is why I haven't got to it yet. Ah still young, may be I will get around to it. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Wade and Beasley - De real deal
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:29:43 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>