April 28, 2024, 01:09:05 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 631760 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2040 on: September 29, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »
He might score a few goals this season (my guess would be 15 or so if he stays healthy) but he is not a top player.

If you're talking league only, 15 goals is a decent haul dude... My guess is that would land you somewhere between no. 5 & 10 in any given EPL season.  Torres himself probably only had one season in his career (maybe 2) before Liverpool where he scored more than 15 in the league...The perception of Torres as an extraordinary goal machine is purely a Liverpool thing - he thrived there...other than that 15 in a season was just about his number, and that ain't a bad haul whatsoever...

Rooney and Kun off to a flyer this season, but in an average season, 15 goals is not shabby at all. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:57:28 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 29, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
Torres himself probably only had one season in his career (maybe 2) before Liverpool where he scored more than 15 in the league...The perception of Torres as an extraordinary goal machine is purely a Liverpool thing - he thrived there...other than that 15 in a season was just about his number, and that ain't a bad haul whatsoever...

Rooney and Kun off to a flyer this season, but in an average season, 15 goals is not shabby at all. 

Ramirez looks to be coming into his own. Good engine and very mobile.
Chelsea going forward are  finding rhythm & somebody is going to be at the end of a hiding soon. Watch!

Agreed... he looking both comfortable and dangerous.  Have to say that my perception of him has changed a lot from when he first arrived.

He averaged about 14 goals a season at Atletico... and about 16 a season at Liverpool.  Which I suppose helps and hurts your argument.  Either he never was, or always was "an extraordinary goal machine"... depending on how you look at his season average.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
He averaged about 14 goals a season at Atletico... and about 16 a season at Liverpool.  Which I suppose helps and hurts your argument.  Either he never was, or always was "an extraordinary goal machine"... depending on how you look at his season average.

That 16 average at Liverpool is brought down by his last season which was not a full season, and he only scored 9 goals.  His numbers for Liverpool are better than at Atletico... even if not by as large a margin as perception may influence.  I don't think he ever broke 20 league goals in Spain...

I for one never thought of him as a deadly finisher in Spain - His work rate and movement were great, and his goal scoring was just good, but sometimes notably wasteful...At Liverpool I found that he stepped up his game as a finisher...You're probably right - he was never an exceptional goal scorer.  But his reptuation at Liverpool suggested otherwise - maybe it was all hype. 

My point though was if he nets 15 goals in the league, I'd say that's good production by his standards...and by most for that matter. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:38:26 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »
Just back from the game. A comfortable 4-1 blowout of Swansea despite playing 55 minutes with 10 men.

Torres is $h!t. Pretty much did nothing useful up until the moment Mata presented him with a superb ball in the box...on that occasion he did what he had to do and got his goal. Crowd gone wild...and soon after Ramires doubled the lead and Torres began to look like he had a purpose...then, inexplicably, he dived in two-footed on some Swansea player and got himself sent off...Cheers Fernando.

In his absence, Anelka was excellent...held up the ball well (admittedly that's been his 'strength' for some time now) and kept us looking like a threat all game...at one point he took on the entire Swansea back line and was inches away from scoring (hit the crossbar). He got a massive standing ovation when Drogba came on for him.

And once Drogba came back on for his cameo you could see the gulf in class between the Drog and Torres. He was a beast from the minute he came on, battering the Swansea defence. And his control, as always, is exquisite, the man can trap a ball better than anyone in the Premiership. His goal, perfectly taken, was another illustration of why Torres will never be an adequate replacement for him...and certainly should not be keeping him out of the team at the moment.

Fingers crossed, Torres gets a 3 match ban.

I thinik it harsh to call the man shit, Torres is excellent at several things but those things are limited to the area between the last defender and goal. Torres influence on a game has always been about coming alive for chances as opposed to always being in the mix.

As opposed to Drogba who taking free-kick, corner, defending corners, crossing from the wing, dropping deep. They are such different types of players and Drogba is a much more versatile player. Anelka too for that matter. He could play down the center where they setting it up for Torres but he also show that he could play on th eoutside too.

The story about Lampard storming off is nonesense but his days are numbered in that Chelsea midfield because again Ramires and Meireles  are better all-round midfielders at this point and Villas Boas try Lampard in Mikel role in pre-season with no success.

Villas Boas actually doing a good job getting this team playing.

JDB, yuh might be a manu fan but yuh have some sense in yuh head.  :devil:   I eh understand how men does be ssssso quick to cry down players and call dem "shit" nuh.   For all his poor from coing into this team, Torres done prove he self on all levels and has DESTROYED my side a couple times well than fuh dem words to come out my mouth or off my fingertips.  Men claiming that Mikel is "shit" holding down the holding mid role....outta his natural position and den it have asshole liverpool fans talkin' 'bout Petr Cech is "shit".......I really eh know where dem men does come out nuh.

"Villas Boas actually doing a good job getting this team playing."

While I agree with you, you can still see the team maintaining the old Chelsea way of taking their foot off the gas and knocking the ball around the midfield once they have a lead, much less a 4-goal lead.  One of the biggest differences between my side and yours.  manu could be up by friggin' FIVE with 8 minutes left and dey still eh takin' dey foot off de gas!  Chelsea need to change that philosophy completely!  Goal difference has killed us before, and with the league becoming so much more competitive, it may hurt us again.

Chelsea going forward are  finding rhythm & somebody is going to be at the end of a hiding soon. Watch!

Anybody worth an ounce of fairness knew from early on that Ramires was going to eventually come into his own on this team (just like Torres will) and his so-called struggles eraly on were just about him going through an adjustment period.  He might not be the smoothest operators on the ball and he is lanky and a little clumsy sometimes, especially with his finishing but we have other players to do those things.  His work rate alone was going to reap rewards for him and I'm glad to see that some of these dumb-ass "critics" hadda hush dey mouth now and hope that their sides doh end up on the other end of that hiding you're expecting to happen.  Even some of our own Chelsea fans was being rel unreasonable on d man.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #2044 on: October 02, 2011, 10:07:09 AM »
Just back from the game. A comfortable 4-1 blowout of Swansea despite playing 55 minutes with 10 men.

Torres is $h!t. Pretty much did nothing useful up until the moment Mata presented him with a superb ball in the box...on that occasion he did what he had to do and got his goal. Crowd gone wild...and soon after Ramires doubled the lead and Torres began to look like he had a purpose...then, inexplicably, he dived in two-footed on some Swansea player and got himself sent off...Cheers Fernando.

In his absence, Anelka was excellent...held up the ball well (admittedly that's been his 'strength' for some time now) and kept us looking like a threat all game...at one point he took on the entire Swansea back line and was inches away from scoring (hit the crossbar). He got a massive standing ovation when Drogba came on for him.

And once Drogba came back on for his cameo you could see the gulf in class between the Drog and Torres. He was a beast from the minute he came on, battering the Swansea defence. And his control, as always, is exquisite, the man can trap a ball better than anyone in the Premiership. His goal, perfectly taken, was another illustration of why Torres will never be an adequate replacement for him...and certainly should not be keeping him out of the team at the moment.

Fingers crossed, Torres gets a 3 match ban.

I thinik it harsh to call the man shit, Torres is excellent at several things but those things are limited to the area between the last defender and goal. Torres influence on a game has always been about coming alive for chances as opposed to always being in the mix.

As opposed to Drogba who taking free-kick, corner, defending corners, crossing from the wing, dropping deep. They are such different types of players and Drogba is a much more versatile player. Anelka too for that matter. He could play down the center where they setting it up for Torres but he also show that he could play on th eoutside too.

The story about Lampard storming off is nonesense but his days are numbered in that Chelsea midfield because again Ramires and Meireles  are better all-round midfielders at this point and Villas Boas try Lampard in Mikel role in pre-season with no success.

Villas Boas actually doing a good job getting this team playing.

JDB, yuh might be a manu fan but yuh have some sense in yuh head.  :devil:   I eh understand how men does be ssssso quick to cry down players and call dem "shit" nuh.   For all his poor from coing into this team, Torres done prove he self on all levels and has DESTROYED my side a couple times well than fuh dem words to come out my mouth or off my fingertips.  Men claiming that Mikel is "shit" holding down the holding mid role....outta his natural position and den it have asshole liverpool fans talkin' 'bout Petr Cech is "shit".......I really eh know where dem men does come out nuh.

"Villas Boas actually doing a good job getting this team playing."

While I agree with you, you can still see the team maintaining the old Chelsea way of taking their foot off the gas and knocking the ball around the midfield once they have a lead, much less a 4-goal lead.  One of the biggest differences between my side and yours.  manu could be up by friggin' FIVE with 8 minutes left and dey still eh takin' dey foot off de gas!  Chelsea need to change that philosophy completely!  Goal difference has killed us before, and with the league becoming so much more competitive, it may hurt us again.

Anybody worth an ounce of fairness knew from early on that Ramires was going to eventually come into his own on this team (just like Torres will) and his so-called struggles eraly on were just about him going through an adjustment period.  He might not be the smoothest operators on the ball and he is lanky and a little clumsy sometimes, especially with his finishing but we have other players to do those things.  His work rate alone was going to reap rewards for him and I'm glad to see that some of these dumb-ass "critics" hadda hush dey mouth now and hope that their sides doh end up on the other end of that hiding you're expecting to happen.  Even some of our own Chelsea fans was being rel unreasonable on d man.   

Ramires is all yuh best athlete in midfield which is why he is an asset to your side.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 02, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
...yeah. it kinda hard to argue that in a broad sense of the word even though I woulda say Mikel or Essien.......but there is no denying his industry on the field and he does have some speed.  De man does be all over d place like Carib bottle.  I even see Sturridge today, defending, against the run of play, all the way back in the box.  Speed and hard work are highly invaluable.

giggsy11

« Reply #2046 on: October 02, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
...yeah. it kinda hard to argue that in a broad sense of the word even though I woulda say Mikel or Essien.......but there is no denying his industry on the field and he does have some speed.  De man does be all over d place like Carib bottle.  I even see Sturridge today, defending, against the run of play, all the way back in the box.  Speed and hard work are highly invaluable.

Mikel slower than molassses and Essien has not been Essien after his first knee injury.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 02, 2011, 10:35:14 AM »

Mikel slower than molassses and Essien has not been Essien after his first knee injury.

Mikel is methodical....deceptively quick (just arkske Kenwyne Jones)  :laugh: but unfortunately (and i really hate saing this, but) I doh think we are ever going to see out of Essien, that which we do expect of him.  He is just too injury-prone and we can never get a full and optimal season outta him.  I really feel bad fuh him, but he is out now, will come back in sometime near the end of this season and then go down again.  Between he and Pato ah dunno who more blight.

giggsy11

« Reply #2048 on: October 02, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »

Mikel is methodical....deceptively quick (just arkske Kenwyne Jones)  :laugh: but unfortunately (and i really hate saing this, but) I doh think we are ever going to see out of Essien, that which we do expect of him.  He is just too injury-prone and we can never get a full and optimal season outta him.  I really feel bad fuh him, but he is out now, will come back in sometime near the end of this season and then go down again.  Between he and Pato ah dunno who more blight.

Yeah boi, in early days I always said Essien was the only Chelski player I would take at United; unfortunately his body continues to betray  him. Pato's situation is also sad too; he has tuh realize that he can't afford tuh run full speed anymore and talk tuh Giggs about how tuh strengthen his hamstrings.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLWScZkcu5Q&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GLWScZkcu5Q&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/771Ijg7v8PY&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/771Ijg7v8PY&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 14, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
Kalou real liking heself these days... word that Liverpool and Arsenal interested in him (probably he agent leak dat  :rotfl: ) and next thing yuh know Chelski offer him ah new contract.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 15, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »
Didier Drogba is the best player   :applause:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 23, 2011, 08:57:53 AM »
Chelsea, doh play up today eh cause ah go cyah take talks from Man United supporters.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 23, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
Chelsea, doh play up today eh cause ah go cyah take talks from Man United supporters.

ah feel most will be to busy witt d suicide watch to care
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: October 23, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

Yuh need a nex' picture to show the signing of Mark Clattenburg as well.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »

ah feel most will be to busy witt d suicide watch to care
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 23, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
 :heehee: :heehee: 2 red cards, that ref is ah kinda arse ah wat???? :cursing: :cursing: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:43:33 AM by triniairman »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: October 23, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »
WTF Drogba???  ??? ??? >:( >:(
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: October 23, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »
WTF Drogba???  ??? ??? >:( >:(

Stupid, stupid challenge especially when the ref has already shown his hand is lighter than air with the red cards.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 23, 2011, 09:51:10 AM »
:heehee: :heehee: 2 red cards, that ref is ah kinda arse ah wat???? :cursing: :cursing: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kinda like the arse that was sly in letting evra off the hook today.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:10 AM »
Is only a matter of time before a 3rd chelsea player get sent off.
This ref should be dealing in Vegas

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 23, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »
9 yellows, 2 reds.  :bs:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 23, 2011, 10:56:46 AM »
Good!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 23, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
I just new it was gonna happen. Same thing last year everytime we got an opportunity to go ahead we lost or drew. Chelsea never fails.

Oh well Man United still got 6.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
I blame Man.United City!! PS. Go suck ah D**K elan!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »
still doh to put QPR under pressure wit nine men  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: QPR need to do some tinkin or there season will be pressure
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: October 23, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »
still doh to put QPR under pressure wit nine men  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: QPR need to do some tinkin or there season will be pressure

I was thinkin' the same thing.  Anelka coulda been a super friggin' hero today and he drop d sword.  That ref is a KNOWN asshole and today's game really (should) put him more in that spotlight. 

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 23, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
I blame Man.United City!! PS. Go suck ah D**K elan!!

Yuh just get 6 in yuh arse.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
david luiz make some good runs today...and if that bicycle had gone in that woulda be one of the goals of the season.    i was kinda rooting for  chelski (cannot stand joey effing barton :cursing:)

1]; } ?>