April 27, 2024, 03:45:19 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 630974 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2400 on: March 04, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »
Adios AVB  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Good luck Di Matteo, things can only get better  :thumbsup:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 04, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Short-sighted move. The players running the team now?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 04, 2012, 08:14:26 AM »
Short-sighted move. The players running the team now?

Maybe not, Mourinho was in London this weekend :D

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:45 AM »
avb must have gotten a  nice severance package...i say come trinidad and build our team. an doh act like yuh need pay

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 04, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
Well done to Lampard and d crew. allyuh get what allyuh want. crying to the media everytime you all weren't selected, undermining the coach, showing no respect for the man. Selfish move by those players who know they past their prime and can deliver how they used to

Chelsea cant continue this sacking of coaches whenever they dont get desired results. Roman should just coach d blasted team himself. steuuuuupppsssssss

this just pissed me off
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »

Chelsea cant continue this sacking of coaches whenever they dont get desired results. Roman should just coach d blasted team himself. steuuuuupppsssssss

this just pissed me off

That is alyuh problem right there. The bad performances will continue unless the club finds a long term coach, and not dump every coach after a few bad games. They could start by off loading them light weights alyuh have aka Lamps & co
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:54 AM »

this just pissed me off

That is alyuh problem right there. The bad performances will continue unless the club finds a long term coach, and not dump every coach after a few bad games. They could start by off loading them light weights alyuh have aka Lamps & co

ill have to agree. men past they prime.
AVB main mistake is being too nice to dem fellas and giving them a chance. he should have sold them ( with the exception of cech, essien  and terry) and just rebuild a younger, faster team

lampard didnt make a note yesterday against west brom, cuz that game played at a tempo that he could keep up

real vex

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »
steups, I vex since ancelotti, AVB didn' really grow on me but ah coulda see shades ah where he wanted to go wit d team every now an' den, Lampard is well past his prime, I would agree but a suitably motivated drogba would be better dan torres any day and even so dey coulda invest in somebody younger and not goin tru ah slump
I pity the fool....

giggsy11

« Reply #2408 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »
Dem Chelsea players and dem rell unprofessional for laying down the way they did because they didn't like AVB. Lampard can say all he want about loving and caring about Chelsea but he contributed as much to anyone to the side poor play. Say what yuh want about Terry, he played like he cared and was still able to contribute to the side.If Lampard think he can still get consistent run and be affective he in big time denial; selfish fat prick! AVB actually sacrifice playing Mata down the middle to accomodate his one demensional arse. Also after he leaves Chelsea he not going to no other big side-hello Fulham!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:18:31 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 04, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »
RIP AVB
March 4, 2012
By Richard Jolly
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1030900/rip-avb?cc=5901

With the fondness for a soundbite that characterised Chelsea's first Portuguese manager, Andre Villas-Boas tried to coin his own nickname. "Maybe I should be called 'the Group One'," he said on his unveiling as Chelsea manager. Maybe not. Like Villas-Boas himself, it didn't really catch on. More to the point, it proved utterly inaccurate. The group - its most experienced and influential individuals, in particular - decided he wasn't the one.

While images of the beleaguered 34-year-old looking lonely on the touchline abounded before his Sunday sacking, another picture, designed as a gesture of support, told a tale in itself. When Ramires struck at Wolves two months ago, he headed straight to Villas-Boas to celebrate. So did David Luiz, Jose Bosingwa, Raul Meireles, Oriol Romeu and Ashley Cole. The left-back was odd man out and, after being put on the bench against Napoli, presumably regretted his presence in the stage-managed piece of PR. Subtlety, however, has rarely been Chelsea's forte and this was no exception, convincing few that there was unity in the camp.

It was notable partly for who was not there - the cadre of senior players - but also for who was. Cole apart, they were all either Villas-Boas' signings or his fellow Portuguese speakers. Or, in the case of Meireles, both.

But the loyalists were both too few and their efforts too feeble. Luiz can be a liability, Bosingwa is a right-back with a questionable understanding of defending and Meireles has failed to reproduce his Liverpool form. With friends like those, Villas-Boas may not have needed enemies. He made them anyway.

The last two Chelsea managers to succeed, Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink, were skilled, smiling diplomats with decades of practice at massaging egos. Villas-Boas, in comparison, was the inexperienced technocrat, too rigid in his beliefs and incapable of placating omitted players.

There was a communication breakdown. Villas-Boas favoured the incomprehensible jargon of the PowerPoint generation; his charges - and, in many cases, his peers - preferred a more old-fashioned message.

But while the 34-year-old failed, the fault does not lie solely at his door. The time for change was last summer when he had a mandate and when his reputation was sky-high after an astonishing year at FC Porto. Then he seemed management's wunderkind, not the diminished figure of Chelsea's bleak midwinter. Instead, the club delayed; an owner who can be ruthless in dispensing of unwanted coaches prevaricates and procrastinates rather more when it comes to pensioning off long-serving players.

This time, however, Roman Abramovich's hand was forced; the one occasion he pondered patience, events rendered Villas-Boas' position nigh-on untenable. The unholy trinity of players, supporters and results conspired against him. Normally Abramovich acts before fans have the opportunity to turn on a manager. But not this time, and the dissent that was audible in the 2-0 defeat at Everton illustrated that believers in the 'project', as Villas-Boas insisted on calling it, were decreasing by the day. After Saturday's setback at West Bromwich Albion, they may have only numbered one: an unshaven Portuguese with a penchant for crouching.

The worse Chelsea's results became, the more honest their manager became. Fulsome praise for Albion followed a similar tribute to Everton, the acknowledgement that Manchester City's squad is far superior to Chelsea's and the embarrassing, but accurate, comparison of Fernando Torres to Andriy Shevchenko and Mateja Kezman.

A total of three wins in 12 league games, leaving Chelsea marooned in fifth place, was, Villas-Boas accepted, nowhere near good enough. "Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season," Chelsea said in their statement. Their analysis was entirely correct.

But having paid £28 million to fire Ancelotti and his backroom staff and lure Villas-Boas from Porto, Chelsea have wasted their money and gone back to square one. The rebuilding job is still bigger for the next manager, who inherits a side with an older spine and which has seen off another manager.

It is becoming the impossible job and, while another huge pay-off should cushion the blow of his sacking, Villas-Boas merits sympathy. Yet if the more generous interpretation of his time at Stamford Bridge can be summed up in four words - right man, wrong time - only the second half of that theory is undoubtedly true. He may have been a poor choice at any point; as a rookie, he certainly was not ready.

It is a tale of player power and the emasculated manager, of high expectations before Chelsea plumbed new depths. Villas-Boas departs Stamford Bridge with a reputation to rebuild and the worst record of any manager in the Abramovich era. In his eight-month reign, 'the Group One' had become very much alone, not so much the mini Mourinho as Chelsea's second Scolari.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 04, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »
From the outside looking in you could tell what AVB was trying to do. Unfortunately the components required to achieve results were lacking.

Lampard is personally one of my favorite players but he didn't fit in AVB's new system. But on the flip side which other midfielder of the lot is going to come up with the 15 goals and assists in his absence. Mata for all his enterprise not going to pop up in d box to give you that goal output. Combine that with a centre forward that you have to play because of of the price tag that not delivering. The productivity of Malouda non existent. Sturridge was the form striker this season but now that he has also gone cold the goals have dried up.

Terry injury means that the defense was never going to be watertight so they needed the goals. Writing on the wall for the manager to me.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:25 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2110222/Andre-Villas-Boas-sacked--Roman-Abramovich-blames-players.html

I have a dread tabanca how they sack this man yes and now to read this ^^^^^^^. just add a lil salt to d wound. steups

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:07 PM »
why sack , if the players are the cause. Stueps put they ass on the reserve team.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 04, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
Andre Villas-Boas lacked support from club - Lee Dixon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17250666
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 04, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »
By then he had exiled Nicolas Anelka and Alex, two popular dressing-room characters. They were no longer welcome in the first-team building, could not use the  first-team car park and Anelka was even excluded from the silver service Christmas dinner held at the training ground each year.

Say what allyuh want about the players, but that right there is shit.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: March 05, 2012, 08:46:46 AM »
Jose, Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB all sacked. All these coaches have won titles and yet simply not good enough for Chelski???? Today Scolari hinted that certain players have a powerful relationship with the owner, never a good situation.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: March 05, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »
9 million in severance, not bad.  That should tide him over until he could find a good club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
9 million in severance, not bad.  That should tide him over until he could find a good club.

That would tide most people over through retirement...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: March 05, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »

That would tide me over until I dead.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:42 AM »

ent  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: March 05, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
Hahaha
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: March 05, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
I hope the fans and owners at Man City are watching and learning from this.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: March 05, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
Adios AVB  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Good luck Di Matteo, things can only get better  :thumbsup:

:heehee:
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: March 05, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »

:rotfl: You ain lie dey nah

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
By then he had exiled Nicolas Anelka and Alex, two popular dressing-room characters. They were no longer welcome in the first-team building, could not use the  first-team car park and Anelka was even excluded from the silver service Christmas dinner held at the training ground each year.

Say what allyuh want about the players, but that right there is shit.

Yep, unless dem men was real disruptive to the man's mission and team building, dem is some real draconian measures.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: March 05, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
Yep, unless dem men was real disruptive to the man's mission and team building, dem is some real draconian measures.

...and these were all popular players in the locker room, if one is to believe the reports.  Imagine how them men fellow soldiers feel watching dat go down, knowing they sweat and battle alongside these men for the club, long before this arriviste coach reach on the scene.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: March 05, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

...and these were all popular players in the locker room, if one is to believe the reports.  Imagine how them men fellow soldiers feel watching dat go down, knowing they sweat and battle alongside these men for the club, long before this arriviste coach reach on the scene.

I always thought that move was madness.  Love them or hate them, both had come up big in the past and deserved better.  Apart from that Nico (despite his frustratingly nonchalant look at times) has performed way better than Torres.  I believe he was certainly still servicable and more valuable to club given his performances.  That barring from the clubhouse thing and to make matters worse being blocked from attending the Christmas Dinner was ah dread disrespect.  I have respect for what he wanted to do but he used entirely the wrong approach.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: March 05, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »

I always thought that move was madness.  Love them or hate them, both had come up big in the past and deserved better.  Apart from that Nico (despite his frustratingly nonchalant look at times) has performed way better than Torres.  I believe he was certainly still servicable and more valuable to club given his performances.  That barring from the clubhouse thing and to make matters worse being blocked from attending the Christmas Dinner was ah dread disrespect.  I have respect for what he wanted to do but he used entirely the wrong approach.

Yeah, that was real scorched earth tactics dey... not sure how he expected to win over the locker room doing shit like that.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: March 05, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »

Yeah, that was real scorched earth tactics dey... not sure how he expected to win over the locker room doing shit like that.

The man was an imps, and managed to isolate himself from most of the big players with his attitude. How could you bench Lampard (for Meireles??) to win media props when he is the team's top scorer? Why ban Alex and Anelka when you know all of dem fellas are friends? Drogba dedicated his first goal celebration after that drama to Anelka, whose side yuh feel he was on?

Even more importantly, his tactics were $h!t, he basically had one formation the whole time - a 4-3-3 with no proper wingers and even slower than last year. Even Ancelotti used to mix it up sometimes. He was appointed far too hastily after winning one of Europe's least competitive leagues.

The only downside is that our bess physio will probably follow him out the door..bye Eva  :(

giggsy11

« Reply #2429 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
AVB wife better be hotter than that or must be super confident to let him work around that!  ;) Temptation on legs!

1]; } ?>