April 20, 2024, 02:46:13 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 628370 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2550 on: April 05, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
I doh mind men thinking their league is the best (even when it's not)...that's cool and that's their prerogative - but the broad apsersions against other leagues and the degree to which EPL fans think that the EPL is superior to EVERYONE else in Europe is unjustifiably arrogant and borders on stupidity...

IMO Anyone in the CL final 4 can win it...when it comes down to this stage, good match prep and a fair amount of luck go a long way.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #2551 on: April 05, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
Back from the game....apart from the nervous ending it was pretty straightforward. Benfica had a good few chances but on the whole they were a sh!t side...if they were a Premiership side they would be lower half of the table, probably fighting relegation. We never left first gear and seemed to be more focused on staying fresh for this weekend. We will definitely have to step up the defensive performance against Barca or they will mash us up lol.

You might want to watch the match on tv first after you watch it in person, before rushin tuh comment! To call a side shit  that played against you with ten men  is pretty short sighted of you. They kept the pressure on thru out the match and still had a chance in injury time. If Benfica had 11 men don't think you would be on here crowing/bleatin your usual one sided shit!

if u say so, but my view was that:

they spent the whole game diving and arguing with the ref...from 10 minutes into the game I had told my pardna that there was no way they were gonna end the game wid 11 men.

they had obviously practiced set pieces but just didnt have the skill to execute

they could not defend at all (and the penalty they conceded looked like Ashley Cole had been hit by a truck, it was ridiculous)

more importantly, we have a game on saturday and another on monday, both must wins...we really didnt want to waste any energy last night. which is why we took of Terry and Mata. In Champions League it is not about beating teams 5-0 (unless you're Barca)...it is about getting through.

But maybe you didn't know or you don't care to know but Benfica was playing with a make shift defense. Same way your side could have scored more so could have Benfica and you didn't have a make shift defense. But to label them as an EPL relegation in my opinion is short sided on your part. Benfica healthy and with 11 men would eat up Chelsea and fat Frank in the middle. So take your win and be happy you moving on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:36:49 PM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #2552 on: April 05, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
EPL actually getting worse in my opinion.

Yes it has. How awful is it, if my United side which has no midfield to speak off could end up 20 points better than the third, fourth  and fifth place teams? And has scored more goals them them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:47:27 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:20 PM »
EPL actually getting worse in my opinion.

Yes it has. How awful is it, if my United side which has no midfield to speak off could end up 20 points better than the third, fourth  and fifth place teams? And has scored more goals them them.

EPL is shyte, Man Utd has two ways to play and they still beating teams with shyte strategy. If you want to play and watch total football, watch La Liga, Then switch to the Bundesliga.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 06, 2012, 02:02:18 AM »
Benfica had a good few chances but on the whole they were a sh!t side...if they were a Premiership side they would be lower half of the table, probably fighting relegation.

That's horseshit.  Both games were keenly contested - and Benfica actually controlled decent portions of each game - They also got results home AND AWAY against EPL table toppers Man U who are over 20 points ahead of Chelsea in the league.

I doh usually like to get into the pointless league bragging conversations - but when I hear people describe the EPL proponents as highly delusional, statements like yours come to mind.  Imagine the two top EPL teams (by a subtantial margin) went crashing out of both the CL and the Europa league and the only EPL team left in the CL is grinding out victories.....but somehow their CL quarterfinal counterparts would be scraping relegation if there were in the EPL lol  :-\

I was merely comparing Benfica with other teams we have played at the Bridge recently...and, hand on heart, I could say that they weren't any better than Bolton. Stoke were better than them. Yes, they had chances and yes, they had one or two decent skillsmen (Aimar in particular) but it was obvious that we were doing no more than we had to and would always beat them. Yuh probably eh realise but our schedule for the next couple of weeks is:

Wigan (H) Saturday
Fulham (A) Monday
Spurs (N) Sunday
Barca (H) Wednesday
Arsenal (A) Saturday
Barca (A) Tuesday

7 big, big games in 17 days. 2 games against the best team in the world and 3 London derbies away from home. 4 if you count QPR on the weekend after the Barca game. That is a hard, hard few weeks and we cannot afford to be playing flat out when we dont have to...that is why we was playing in first gear. Of course Benfica controlled the game, they were the team wid something to prove...we were 2-0 up against a side wid 10 men, we were just playing to cross the finish line wid minimal effort. A Chelsea side playing at their best would have murdered Benfica. Napoli were a much, much better side than dem.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 06, 2012, 09:56:17 AM »
I think you're being overly cavalier in the post-mortem - but that's normal as a biased fan...Your perception of your side is flavored by what you believe they are capable of based on past experience...The reality though is that this Chelsea side (this season) has frequently and almost consistently underperformed the expectations, so yuh hadda ask yuhself what is their true level. 

And Napoli ent "much much" better than Benfica - Not at all.  If you watch Serie A, you're likely to agree with me. Anyhow, IMO the outcome/run of play in any given match is largely a function of the match ups and tactics, and I think Benfica matched up pretty well against Chelsea (who was obviously the better side when you add everything up -they won both games).  Benfica wasn't good enough, but I doh think Chelsea was cruising in the manner that you imply...anyways.....

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:10:18 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 06, 2012, 12:58:50 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PENQDQ52SOY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PENQDQ52SOY</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 06, 2012, 02:53:05 PM »

I was merely comparing Benfica with other teams we have played at the Bridge recently...and, hand on heart, I could say that they weren't any better than Bolton. Stoke were better than them. Yes, they had chances and yes, they had one or two decent skillsmen (Aimar in particular) but it was obvious that we were doing no more than we had to and would always beat them. Yuh probably eh realise but our schedule for the next couple of weeks is:

Wigan (H) Saturday
Fulham (A) Monday
Spurs (N) Sunday
Barca (H) Wednesday
Arsenal (A) Saturday
Barca (A) Tuesday

7 big, big games in 17 days. 2 games against the best team in the world and 3 London derbies away from home. 4 if you count QPR on the weekend after the Barca game. That is a hard, hard few weeks and we cannot afford to be playing flat out when we dont have to...that is why we was playing in first gear. Of course Benfica controlled the game, they were the team wid something to prove...we were 2-0 up against a side wid 10 men, we were just playing to cross the finish line wid minimal effort. A Chelsea side playing at their best would have murdered Benfica. Napoli were a much, much better side than dem.

Ryan dread.. I myself does have a tendency to be biased to Chelsea when I ready but I can't agree with yuh assessment at all. Maybe it look different live than on TV, but from what I saw that Benfica side was giving us some worries.

Yuh argument that Chelsea come to play a Champions League 2nd leg in 2nd gear to conserve for harder games to come is a non-starter. Definitely not with a slender 1-0 away lead to protect. Yuh cant justify playing with yuh food there.

In terms of technical ability they were superior by some measure in midfield across both legs. Aimar, Javi Garcia and Gaitan level of control on the ball and touches was beyond anything that Mikel, Lampard, Ramires could offer. In fact look even worse in the 2nd leg with Lampard (instead of Meireles) there because they was just knocking the ball around him.

We were basically sitting back, inviting pressure and then letting them bring the game to us and then hitting them on the break. We were also superior in the physical challenges and won the aerial battles. But i was impressed by the technical ability and some of the combinations that Benfica side was putting together. Lets not forget that in both legs, they started off brightly and had genuine opportunities. Off the top of my head, in the first leg Cech pull off a miraculous save with his foot and in the second leg Cech tip a shot onto the post. If any of those went in, it would have been a different game.

I for one thought that last 5 minutes of the game after Benfica equalize was nerve wracking. Tired see games where one side throw away a thousand chances only to get poison at the death. Happy to be through.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 06, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »
Ryan, I haven't seen either of the games against Benfica but when I saw your post the other night, I didn't need to have seen either of the games to know yuh was way, way overzealous in your assessment of Chelsea and stupefyingly and rediculously harsh in your assessment of Benfica.  Ah was jes too tired and too busy to comment.  Yuh even pull Kicker orff he fnce to blow hard at yuh by his own standards so yuh done know.....is some shit yuh was talkin' dey because even in reading on the various sports links that I had time to check, by all accounts, Benfica enjoyed their moments where they had chelsea on their heels.  I know I had commented previously about Chelsea being furtunate to pull Benfica in this draw, but that was in no way, shape or form a slight on Benfica. Is because we escaped a 3/7 chance in getting pulled against either Barca, Bayern or Real, any of whom woulda mash we up at this stage. If Benfica were plying their trade in the EPL, it's obvious that you would be surprised at how well they actually will do.....We mighta be lookin' to shoot people fuh a CL berth at this point.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 06, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
Ryan, I haven't seen either of the games against Benfica

lol, den go in yuh bed and sleep.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 06, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »
Yuh argument that Chelsea come to play a Champions League 2nd leg in 2nd gear to conserve for harder games to come is a non-starter. Definitely not with a slender 1-0 away lead to protect. Yuh cant justify playing with yuh food there.
To me, we switched off once we went 1-0 up and they went down to 10 men. There was no tension after that.

In terms of technical ability they were superior by some measure in midfield across both legs. Aimar, Javi Garcia and Gaitan level of control on the ball and touches was beyond anything that Mikel, Lampard, Ramires could offer. In fact look even worse in the 2nd leg with Lampard (instead of Meireles) there because they was just knocking the ball around him.
Aimar and Javi Garcia ok, but I dont understand de Gaitan hype, I thought he was ineffective (to be honest I didnt even realise that number 20 was Gaitan until they subbed him).

We were basically sitting back, inviting pressure and then letting them bring the game to us and then hitting them on the break. We were also superior in the physical challenges and won the aerial battles.
That is how Di Matteo has set the team up to play - with less possession and faster counter attacks, presumably for Torres' benefit.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 06, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Ryan, I haven't seen either of the games against Benfica

lol, den go in yuh bed and sleep.

:rotfl: Ah go do dat....but from all acounts, it seem like is you is d one was dreaming.

giggsy11

« Reply #2562 on: April 07, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Torres slipping everytime he in a position in the box to do something with the ball reminds me of Berbatov a couple of seasons ago for United. Berba use to be self assurred all over the field accpet when he had an opportunity to make a play in the box. Like he use to get anxious; same thing I see with Torres.

giggsy11

« Reply #2563 on: April 07, 2012, 09:40:34 AM »
Oh shit! Goal sah!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 07, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Chelsea is meh team but dey get robbed dey.

BTW dais Tallest who put on all that weight in the Wigan box dey?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

giggsy11

« Reply #2565 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
If United  have the refs in their pockets then Chelski have the lines people in theirs!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 07, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
If United  have the refs in their pockets then Chelski have the lines people in theirs!

u make this after one dotish referee gifted us a goal??...in comparisson to the countless gifts howard webb and co give united? ....the ONLY other linesman decision in recent history i can think of that aided us was LAST YEAR against totenham...other than that what basis do you form your opinion on ? (not arguing just trying to hear your premises) ....

credit to wigan to me they were good opponents and really didnt eerve to lose but as we have seen in the past when the big sides NEED to win sometimes they pull it off in the dying moments

i Will say though in the PL and a few other games our suad has looked lethargic with the passing and thus allowed lesser opponents to come into games we should be winning comfortably...making hard work of what should be formalities has become a customary trait of our blue side
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:54:35 AM by doublet750 »

giggsy11

« Reply #2567 on: April 07, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »

u make this after one dotish referee gifted us a goal??...in comparisson to the countless gifts howard webb and co give united? ....the ONLY other linesman decision in recent history i can think of that aided us was LAST YEAR against totenham...other than that what basis do you form your opinion on ? (not arguing just trying to hear your premises) ....

credit to wigan to me they were good opponents and really didnt eerve to lose but as we have seen in the past when the big sides NEED to win sometimes they pull it off in the dying moments

i Will say though in the PL and a few other games our suad has looked lethargic with the passing and thus allowed lesser opponents to come into games we should be winning comfortably...making hard work of what should be formalities has become a customary trait of our blue side

Nope-offsides goals against United for one and others. Just tryin tuh neddle the Chelski fans who always like to point out refs does make calls for United. But it seems like Chelski seem tuh get the calls of the lines person more times than not. :beermug: ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:18:11 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: April 07, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
Poor performance today but at least we got the 3 points....under AVB there is no chance we would have gotten an injury time winner.

I haven't seen the replay but from where I was sitting it looked like every man jack was way offside for our first goal (and reading some of your posts it sounds like that was the case). I really eh know what the linesman was looking at lol...very United-esque.

It was great to see Torres attempt a spectacular volley rather than just squaring the ball, just a shame it didnt count as his goal.

Man of the Match was Al Habsi, he was amazing...

Two things:

Sturridge was booed off today. Personally I've seen him play worse but as usual his performance was littered with aimless dribbling, lax ball possession and poor finishing...the crowd was fed up.

Luiz looked like he might have been carrying an injury at the final whistle....hopefully it was nothing serious, we have too many big games coming up to lose another centre back.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 07, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
Poor performance today but at least we got the 3 points....under AVB there is no chance we would have gotten an injury time winner.

I haven't seen the replay but from where I was sitting it looked like every man jack was way offside for our first goal (and reading some of your posts it sounds like that was the case). I really eh know what the linesman was looking at lol...very United-esque.

It was great to see Torres attempt a spectacular volley rather than just squaring the ball, just a shame it didnt count as his goal.

Man of the Match was Al Habsi, he was amazing...

Two things:

Sturridge was booed off today. Personally I've seen him play worse but as usual his performance was littered with aimless dribbling, lax ball possession and poor finishing...the crowd was fed up.

Luiz looked like he might have been carrying an injury at the final whistle....hopefully it was nothing serious, we have too many big games coming up to lose another centre back.

why d fack some of allyuh chelsea fans still callin up avb name in allyuh mouth. he got fired right, which is what allyuh wanted, so ease off d man now.

with that being said. i agree with the rest of your post   ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 07, 2012, 05:56:18 PM »
Ah didn't want to say nuting beFORE d game, but Wigan is one ah we bogey side.....this is a side that, when dey ready, does put serious spanner in we spokes in spie of one or two bad beatings we put on dem.....dey does ALWAYS fight we to the finish.....D  first goal was orffside and as much as it benefit we, ah cyah understand wat TH these linesman and dem does be watchin' and listenin' to!! with that being said, ah go hush meh ass and ride out with meh tree points.  Spurs had was to settle fuh ONE today!

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 08, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »
GIGGSY!!!....WHAT WE wAS SAYIN BOUT REFS AND UNITED??? lol like dey see we convo and say nah chelsea get their own help let we help united now

giggsy11

« Reply #2572 on: April 08, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
GIGGSY!!!....WHAT WE wAS SAYIN BOUT REFS AND UNITED??? lol like dey see we convo and say nah chelsea get their own help let we help united now

Right! They were awful this weekend and both United and Chelsea benefitted!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: April 09, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »
A 2 goal win today puts us back into 4th. Spurs and Man City are learning, it's not easy being in the top 4.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: April 09, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »

They benefited again today against Fulham

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »

They benefited again today against Fulham

:bs: same tackle that Cahil get the Yellow for, gwan with that talk.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
i am TIRED of Torres now  :frustrated: :-\

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 09, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »
i am TIRED of Torres now  :frustrated: :-\

Can't play him as a lone striker, it's not his game.

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 09, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »
so who was his stiker partner at liverpool????? ....we dont play to HIS game period we lack capable passes but still a striker needs to adapt if you are worldclass........and as i say this fulham scores

this chelsea team just isnt good enough.

another note is how longggggg it takes fran lampard to move the ball on smh

europa league football should be a dose of reality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 09, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »
USA USA USA  :rotfl: come on Fulham!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>