April 26, 2024, 06:16:23 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 630549 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #2970 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »
Somewhat?? lol

Reading outplayed Chelsea most of the game.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Posession: Chelsea 71% Reading 29%
Shots: Chelsea 21 Reading 6
Passes: Chelsea 651 Reading 234

None of that amounts to anything... Chelsea sure kicked the ball around midfield a lot.  According to the Guardian, 27 shots... 7 on target.  Reading, 7 shots, 4 on target. Cahill fluke goal and Torres offside goal is what giving yuh confidence to suggest Chelsea had a much better game than they actually did.  Ivanovic's breakaway goal only adding to the delusion... but say what, we'll see how much of an aberration the Cech shocker and the shaky defense today was.

Study whether the leaks will cause allyuh to walk alone nah lol.  Dis thread is a Champions thread, rebuilding team fans shouldn be hea  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Somewhat?? lol

Reading outplayed Chelsea most of the game.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Posession: Chelsea 71% Reading 29%
Shots: Chelsea 21 Reading 6
Passes: Chelsea 651 Reading 234

None of that amounts to anything... Chelsea sure kicked the ball around midfield a lot.  According to the Guardian, 27 shots... 7 on target.  Reading, 7 shots, 4 on target. Cahill fluke goal and Torres offside goal is what giving yuh confidence to suggest Chelsea had a much better game than they actually did.  Ivanovic's breakaway goal only adding to the delusion... but say what, we'll see how much of an aberration the Cech shocker and the shaky defense today was.

Study whether the leaks will cause allyuh to walk alone nah lol.  Dis thread is a Champions thread, rebuilding team fans shouldn be hea  ;D

under all d ole talk we scoring goals but we leakin dem too and if we ent leak none we were lucky.....wigan had some good looks on sunday and didn't capitalize ..........also.....d preseason didn' look to hot either.......all causes for concern winning or not IMO
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: August 23, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »
under all d ole talk we scoring goals but we leakin dem too and if we ent leak none we were lucky.....wigan had some good looks on sunday and didn't capitalize ..........also.....d preseason didn' look to hot either.......all causes for concern winning or not IMO

No argument here.  The reality is that if we have to play a more attacking brand we will leave gaps on the counter.  As long as we can try and minimize it we will be ok doh.  The quick ball movement will aid in us managing that once we can keep it and not turn it over in the middle.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »

No argument here.  The reality is that if we have to play a more attacking brand we will leave gaps on the counter.  As long as we can try and minimize it we will be ok doh.  The quick ball movement will aid in us managing that once we can keep it and not turn it over in the middle.

but this where I have issues underAncelotti had both d goal scoring and defensive records for that year and d brand was sweet..... dis brand good but we have no more marauders (of note) in d team to lick dong walls or reinforce we own when needed...........maybe is jus me havin a tabanca for the "War Machine" ........dis team could slice dice an' penitrate but wah we goh do when we meet ah big tough ass wall with no hole to crawl through.
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: August 23, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »

but this where I have issues under Ancelotti had both d goal scoring and defensive records for that year and d brand was sweet..... dis brand good but we have no more marauders (of note) in d team to lick dong walls or reinforce we own when needed...........maybe is jus me havin a tabanca for the "War Machine" ........dis team could slice dice an' penitrate but wah we goh do when we meet ah big tough ass wall with no hole to crawl through.

Well daz when Roman decide to meddle so we cah live in de past.  DiMatteo crafting he own style and given how defensively we played last year, I actually pleasantly surprised at how he have dem organizing.  Even Lampard who use to slow dong tings and get in people way working well within the system.  The defense will get better and hopefully we don't need Ivanovic at CB because he does just ha me on edge like he ready to pelt ah wild blade an geh ah red any minute.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: August 23, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »

LOL... laugh now, yuh facka... doh worry we coming back up, might take ah while but we coming back up.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: August 23, 2012, 01:55:50 PM »

LOL... laugh now, yuh facka... doh worry we coming back up, might take ah while but we coming back up.

See you in about 5 years :D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: August 23, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

but this where I have issues under Ancelotti had both d goal scoring and defensive records for that year and d brand was sweet..... dis brand good but we have no more marauders (of note) in d team to lick dong walls or reinforce we own when needed...........maybe is jus me havin a tabanca for the "War Machine" ........dis team could slice dice an' penitrate but wah we goh do when we meet ah big tough ass wall with no hole to crawl through.

Well daz when Roman decide to meddle so we cah live in de past.  DiMatteo crafting he own style and given how defensively we played last year, I actually pleasantly surprised at how he have dem organizing.  Even Lampard who use to slow dong tings and get in people way working well within the system.  The defense will get better and hopefully we don't need Ivanovic at CB because he does just ha me on edge like he ready to pelt ah wild blade an geh ah red any minute.

yeah ah we cyar live in past daiz for sure ah still luv mih war machine doh brutal-precise-deadly....end of an era :( :'( :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V4MiXg7SZnk&amp;feature=relmfu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V4MiXg7SZnk&amp;feature=relmfu</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »
http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2899473/title/moses-transfer-completed

MOSES TRANSFER COMPLETED
Posted on: Fri 24 Aug 2012

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic.

The 21-year-old winger's last appearance in Wigan colours came in Chelsea's 2-0 win at the DW Stadium last weekend, when he caught the eye with his strong running out wide.

The Nigerian international is a product of the Crystal Palace youth academy and made his first team debut in late 2007.

After establishing himself with the Championship side, Moses transferred to Wigan at the end of January 2010 and quickly settled into life in the Barclays Premier League.

In total he played 74 league games for the Latics, following 58 for Crystal Palace.

At international level, Moses appeared for England from schoolboy up to Under 21, but has opted to represent Nigeria at senior level, and made his debut in February against Rwanda.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: August 24, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »
I kinda confused by how we planning to register all these players in our squad, we over the limit for Premier League and well over for Champions League. Say what, daz Roman problem.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: August 24, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
I kinda confused by how we planning to register all these players in our squad, we over the limit for Premier League and well over for Champions League. Say what, daz Roman problem.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: August 24, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

Kinda confused why Moses would leave a starting role at Wigan, where he's a star and key player for Roberto Martinez... to go ride bench as a squad player for Chelsea.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: August 24, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »

Kinda confused why Moses would leave a starting role at Wigan, where he's a star and key player for Roberto Martinez... to go ride bench as a squad player for Chelsea.

he looked plenty useful for wigan, but d system we have eh seem to have much place for out and out wingers unless dey feel he speed could be useful ??? in a CR7 kinda way ??? ???..... WB cover maybe ??? , dunno nah only seen him dat one time last week.
I pity the fool....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: August 24, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
I've been watching Moses since he was a youthman at Palace. In fact he first come to my attention on Championship Manager and his stats were so good I made the point of specifically watching him!! It was a good move for him to go to Wigan to learn the trade rather than warming the bench for a big club. I just hope he gets the chance to get a run in the team.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: August 24, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »
I've been watching Moses since he was a youthman at Palace. In fact he first come to my attention on Championship Manager and his stats were so good I made the point of specifically watching him!! It was a good move for him to go to Wigan to learn the trade rather than warming the bench for a big club. I just hope he gets the chance to get a run in the team.

I like him and his direct style. Chelsea needs a winger to do just that, I could see him being successful given the chance.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: August 25, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
another day another 3 points and they did it while still looking rusty and lackin sharpness in attack.........imagine if dey ketch ah flow.....I envisage some good scores ahead ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: August 25, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »

I like him and his direct style. Chelsea needs a winger to do just that, I could see him being successful given the chance.

"given the chance" being the operative words....Chelsea could be rel frustrating in their tactical philosophies sometimes....we have had some gifted and legitimate wingers on the team, only to stifle them and then let them go, to rely on the wing backs like Bosingwa to be pushing forward for width.....makes no sense.....with Moses being so young, I really doh see them looking to change that philosophy any time soon...this season, at least.  I see him ridin' pine but hopefully I am wrong. 

another day another 3 points and they did it while still looking rusty and lackin sharpness in attack.........imagine if dey ketch ah flow.....I envisage some good scores ahead ;D

the main thing, as the commentators talked about, is to take care of the main rivals FIRST...last time we won the league was in part because we went 6-0 against what was only 3 other top competitors.....last season we was only 2-8 against what is now 5 of them (mancity and possibly Spurs being the 2 "new" add-ons?) plus a few disappointments against the likes of QPR, Aston Villa, Swansea, etc, that we CANNOT allow to happen....not with this squad we now have.  Men need to sharpen up quick and take care of business.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: August 25, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

I dunno what game you were watching but we were terrific today. That first half was some of the best football I've seen at Stamford Bridge in years. Hazard and Mata are already the best attacking combo in the Premiership, no contest, and that is not an exaggeration. Newcastle did not have a clue how to deal with them, it was wave after wave of one-touch passing and mesmerising runs. I know the media are getting carried away with our title chances, but that Hazard-Mata partnership is the real deal. The scary thing is that if any one of Oscar, Marin or Moses were to click with those two, it could really be the most lethal attack the Premiership has ever seen. And that is even with a mediocre Torres upfront (and Torres is still the same Torres from last year, doh mind he score a couple of goals, he is still hesitating to shoot).

Miereles was also an improvement on Lampard, he has a much better rapport with Mata and Torres. And the Luiz-Cahill combo seems stronger than either of those two with Terry. They are faster than Terry, which in my opinion will be more important when we playing all this attacking football this season.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: August 25, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »
[
I dunno what game you were watching but we were terrific today. That first half was some of the best football I've seen at Stamford Bridge in years. Hazard and Mata are already the best attacking combo in the Premiership, no contest, and that is not an exaggeration. Newcastle did not have a clue how to deal with them, it was wave after wave of one-touch passing and mesmerising runs. I know the media are getting carried away with our title chances, but that Hazard-Mata partnership is the real deal. The scary thing is that if any one of Oscar, Marin or Moses were to click with those two, it could really be the most lethal attack the Premiership has ever seen. And that is even with a mediocre Torres upfront (and Torres is still the same Torres from last year, doh mind he score a couple of goals, he is still hesitating to shoot).

Miereles was also an improvement on Lampard, he has a much better rapport with Mata and Torres. And the Luiz-Cahill combo seems stronger than either of those two with Terry. They are faster than Terry, which in my opinion will be more important when we playing all this attacking football this season.

missed some that just saw highlights/..... 2nd half caught large chunks of that, the wing play and dead ball stuff wasn't great "from what I saw" nor d productivity of some of d final balls, but that had more to do with finishing or the "relative" lack thereof when I could look...so I guess my POV is kinda skewed.......but wouldn't u agree that they are not quite "THERE YET" all things considered.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:56:48 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: August 26, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
.but wouldn't u agree that they are not quite "THERE YET" all things considered.

Second half was more about protecting the lead, we stepped off the gas a bit. I agree there are a couple of things to sort out, namely the shooting (we didnt take many shots, Torres hasn't changed) and the defence probably hasn't quite got into full flow yet (although they were very good yesterday).

The best part is that this is simply last season's team plus Hazard...what a difference one player can make.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: August 26, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »
.but wouldn't u agree that they are not quite "THERE YET" all things considered.

Second half was more about protecting the lead, we stepped off the gas a bit. I agree there are a couple of things to sort out, namely the shooting (we didnt take many shots, Torres hasn't changed) and the defence probably hasn't quite got into full flow yet (although they were very good yesterday).

The best part is that this is simply last season's team plus Hazard...what a difference one player can make.

yeah he has been that, we no longer have somebody that can bust through the gate..........so it is a damn good thing we have people that can pick the locks......still think we need an attacking option that can throw their frame about and cause trouble...don't think we should totally abandon the "old ways" especially for those times we might need a battering ram
I pity the fool....

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: August 26, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
I agree with RYAN- The Matta- Hazzard combo was a joy to watch. We took our feet off the gas in the second half. Moses running the wing will add some more fire power. The possibility and potential of this side is mind boggling.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: August 26, 2012, 02:54:47 PM »
I agree with RYAN- The Matta- Hazzard combo was a joy to watch. We took our feet off the gas in the second half. Moses running the wing will add some more fire power. The possibility and potential of this side is mind boggling.

we keep doing that and it worries me, if I remember correctly the last couple seasons went down to the wire....if yuh could stack yuh GD do it
I pity the fool....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:20 AM »

It's the addition of Hazard and the subtraction of Lampard that has livened up that attacking midfield.  Hazard brings a more skillful and creative touch that works well for the team even when they are still in that slow, methodical mode that makes Lampard useless and quite frankly, many a time he is the cause of it.  Teams (especially the lesser ones) can no longer drop back and challenge Chelsea to create something out of nothing and try to break them down...Mata and more so, Hazard have the ability and Hazard is extremely full of the confidence to take the ball and do whatever it takes or he's capable of doing to break down defenses and that is opening up opportunities for the forwards with, of course, Torres being the prime beneficiary so far.  Outside of Lampard of a few seasons ago, Chelsea has not really been a big shooting team and Torres has never really been no big shooter, so it's a bit unfair to try to criticize him of not changing that.  I do agree though, that a few players need to step up and develop that medium and long range threat for when teams try to drop back and circle their wagons. 

we keep doing that and it worries me, if I remember correctly the last couple seasons went down to the wire....if yuh could stack yuh GD do it

TOTALLY agree wit yuh.....When you have (paid all this money for) ALLLLLLL this talent, I find when yuh have teams on the ropes, yuh have to finish them off and try your best to break their will.  I might hate manu and "hate" fergie, but I totally respect their willingness to attack and keep attacking, whether you're home or on the road. When teams like Wigan, Reading, QPR, Swansea, liverpool and Fulham and their ilk are playing against you like they have nothing to lose, then you have to run them ragged and force them to wager their pride. You paid money for superior talent, you have to unleash them.  Goal difference has been a factor in us losing the title a couple times well over the past few season.  We are now too big a side to be playin' "safe" and being shy.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »
Outside of Lampard of a few seasons ago, Chelsea has not really been a big shooting team and Torres has never really been no big shooter, so it's a bit unfair to try to criticize him of not changing that.

Chelsea took 821 shots on goal in the 2009-2010 season (our last full season without Torres). In Torres' first full season with us (2011-2012) we took 661.

You might also recall that we were the highest scoring team in any European league in the 2009-2010 season - more than Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, anyone, and more than any team in Premiership history. Clearly we were good at shooting.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: August 27, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
Outside of Lampard of a few seasons ago, Chelsea has not really been a big shooting team and Torres has never really been no big shooter, so it's a bit unfair to try to criticize him of not changing that.

Chelsea took 821 shots on goal in the 2009-2010 season (our last full season without Torres). In Torres' first full season with us (2011-2012) we took 661.

You might also recall that we were the highest scoring team in any European league in the 2009-2010 season - more than Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, anyone, and more than any team in Premiership history. Clearly we were good at shooting.

did you not read the part where I specified that the "shooting" I am talking about is medium to long range shooting?  Do me and yourself a favour and break down all dem stats nuh, and show where all them record-breaking goals was not derived from counter-attacking (like Ramires' equalizer against Barca or Meireles' own against Benfica), free-kicks, penalties or from the penalty area and closer.  Isolate dem fuh meh.  All during Mourinho's reign, Lampard wasn't shy about hitting the ball from anywhere from 20-25 yards out and he was consistent and effective with it, averaging 20+ goals per season.  Now he is averaging less and hardly hitting the ball from beyond the penalty spot and NOBODY ELSE is doing it consistently FROM MEDIUM TO LONG RANGE.  Drogba was he only other player that would let fly on a whim.  Essien has not taken a good quality shot from distance since he score that last minute equalizer against Arsenal about 2 or 3 seasons ago.  Malouda couldn'ta shoot to save he life, John Terry doh take shots, Kalou didn't used to shoot, Mikel is not a good shooter, neither is Ashley Cole, and Mata has hardly been willing to pull the trigger.  All dat is Torres' fault, too?  Then you isolating one friggin' record-breakin' season and forgetting the others we relinquished to manu where better and more consistent goal-scoring record(s) would have made the difference(s) for us.  Don't you find it ironic that I mentioned the Lampard "of a few seasons ago" and you are quoting big stats from 2 seasons ago?     

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: August 27, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
I eh go spend much more time on this, but Chelsea took more shots from outside of the box than any other team in the Premiership last season. The conversion rate is very low (for any team). In my opinion it is not something we need to be doing more of.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: August 27, 2012, 05:25:10 PM »
Even the Holding Nigerian shooting from outside the box.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: August 28, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »
I eh go spend much more time on this, but Chelsea took more shots from outside of the box than any other team in the Premiership last season. The conversion rate is very low (for any team). In my opinion it is not something we need to be doing more of.

Yuh might as well had not, jed, because yuh talkin' ah pack ah ass.  Jes' like how allyuh was ridin' in Ramires ass, yuh kinda overdoin' it wit Torres now.  We KNOW he has been a disappointment so far but gih de man a break now nuh, he done score 2 arready fuh de still short season.  Is not HIS fault (alone) that the team....."didn't take many shots".  He is the only one on the team?  On the one hand yuh complaining that "...we didn't take many shots.." and somehow making the link to Chelsea's drop in shooting "statistics" to Torres' "not changing"......when I point out that Chelsea has not shot EFFECTIVELY and CONSISTENTLY from medium to long range over the last few seasons and make the connection to Lampard's drop off in both and in scoring, you telling me how Chelsea shooting the most and scoring the most (from two seasons ago) and taking the most shots from outside the box.....but yuh still cyah tell meh how consistently and to what (required positive) effect it is being done, yuh jes reading off of arbitrary numbers.  How many corners they may have created, how many goals were scored either directly or indirectly as a result of them taking timely shots on goal instead of pussy-footing around the box sometimes, that is what I lookin' at.  If our shooting stats and scoring are so great, WDF yuh complaining about 2 games into the season with a +4 goal difference? Why is it Torres' fault that (according to you) Chelsea taking the most shots but not taking many shots?  Which one is it? The team playin' the best yuh have ever seen them play and Torres is right up in there being just as much a part as Hazard and Mata are.....and yuh still misappropriating blame on de man....allyuh rel good oui!

Even the Holding Nigerian shooting from outside the box.

that same Holding Nigerian I can probably count on one hand, the number of shots he has taken since he has joined the club and I can count on one finger, the number of goals he has scored.  He can only shoot from outside the box because the only box he does get into with any frequency is his own.....maybe ONE of his shots were ever on target, most of them have gone wide.....to no effect.  He is not a good shooter, for whatever reason.       

1]; } ?>