April 29, 2024, 11:04:19 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 632744 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3240 on: December 23, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »
If Chelsea keeps this up, perhaps all will be forgiven for Rafa?

Stueps, let him lose a few and he will be the next manager out
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3241 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »

So what going on with Frank Lampard and his contract with Chelsea?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/12/30/frank-lampards-brace-keeps-chelsea-alive-in-english-premier-league-title-race/

Dec 30, 2012
LIVERPOOL, England — Frank Lampard proved his enduring worth to Chelsea by scoring twice in a hard-fought 2-1 win at Everton on Sunday, keeping his team on the fringes of the Premier League title race.

Having fallen behind to Steven Pienaar’s goal after just 63 seconds, Chelsea had the 34-year-old Lampard to thank for securing a fourth straight win to maintain the momentum under interim manager Rafa Benitez.

The England midfielder, who has yet to be offered an extension to a contract that expires in June, headed in a 42nd-minute equalizer from Ramires’ cross and grabbed the winner in the 72nd by turning the ball high into the net from close range after Juan Mata’s shot was saved by goalkeeper Tim Howard.

The double will undoubtedly increase speculation about the future of Lampard, a mainstay at Chelsea since joining the London club in 2001. Injury has restricted him to 11 league appearances this season, but Chelsea hasn’t lost any of them and he has now scored six times.

“I know there is a lot of speculation and talk but I just want to continue playing,” said Lampard, one of the most prolific midfielders in Premier League history. “I will always have Chelsea in me for life.”
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 02, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »
word is dey also lookin at Demba Ba
I pity the fool....

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »
recycle yuh ol shirt

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
QPR!
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 02, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
Facking Harry yes  :rotfl:

Harry so good or is Mark Hughes so much sh!t... i think Hughes is a hound
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 02, 2013, 09:03:07 PM »
The minute I see the squad that take the field I was like WTH. Didn't even watch the game. SWP poison.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:45 PM »
It good fuh we....Chelsea fack up SWP career, the man has never been the same since coming over to get bench....lineup or not, we eh have no right losing at home to QPR.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 03, 2013, 06:15:43 PM »
Yuh touch ah nerve dey Chow. I with yah on SWP out of sentimentality.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 03, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »
That is the nature of pro-football. You know how I felt when Clive Burnett left Malvern for Colts. Or when Ken Ramdoo and Lenny Alfonso left Essex for Malvern. We "played for the love of the game". What about when all them guys leave they clubs to join Police, Fires and DF.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:00:17 PM by Deeks »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 03, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
That is the nature of pro-football. You know how I felt when Clive Burnett left Malvern for Colts. Or when Ken Ramdoo and Lenny Alfonso left Essex for Malvern. We "played for the love of the game". What about when all them guys leave they clubs to join Police, Fires and DF.

I agree and totally accept that, but SWP, to me, was different.  He didn't leave Chelsea as much as he was forced to leave.  The man was ridin' high and playing very well in the league when we acquired him from mancity and then Jose decide to marginalize the man to being a bits-and-pieces player.  To this day, Chelsea still looking for our wing backs to provide attacking width ( a tactic that Ivanovic has fallen madly and, quite often, foolishly in love with) after we totally turn our backs on players that can truly provide that width we looking for.....one of the things that totally confuses me about my side. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #3251 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »

I agree and totally accept that, but SWP, to me, was different.  He didn't leave Chelsea as much as he was forced to leave.  The man was ridin' high and playing very well in the league when we acquired him from mancity and then Jose decide to marginalize the man to being a bits-and-pieces player.  To this day, Chelsea still looking for our wing backs to provide attacking width ( a tactic that Ivanovic has fallen madly and, quite often, foolishly in love with) after we totally turn our backs on players that can truly provide that width we looking for.....one of the things that totally confuses me about my side. 

At the time Chelski bought SWp they didn't need him and he was a "luxury buy" in order to keep him out of the hands of other teams who were showing interest. Hence the reason he ate bench. If you remembered they buying players left an right because they could affor to and also as a way to kep players away from competing teams. SWP ran for the money and he got what he deserved-if I remembered at that time one of the teams who was chasing him may have been Arsenal or even Spurs. Same reason a Scott Sinclair eating bench at Citeh.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
I would have bet money that Ba was cup-tied.. and lose it.

Already up front ahead of Torres.

Edit: cup-tied for Capital One Cup and the Europa League.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
it seems we finally get back somebody dat know bout positionin and can get physical when needed ....good......leah we see if 1) Ba will keep it up, and 2) if torres will rise to d occasion.....or be discarded as a failed experiment...........
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 05, 2013, 04:35:47 PM »
it seems we finally get back somebody dat know bout positionin and can get physical when needed ....good......leah we see if 1) Ba will keep it up, and 2) if torres will rise to d occasion.....or be discarded as a failed experiment...........

Ba is quality... been that way from the first time I saw him at West Ham about two years ago.  I think his inconsistency this year has been a function of the rise of Cisse, and him being unsettled.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: January 05, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »

Ba is quality... been that way from the first time I saw him at West Ham about two years ago.  I think his inconsistency this year has been a function of the rise of Cisse, and him being unsettled.

To me he was never inconsistent...he just wasnt being played at centre forward for the first half of 2012 when Cisse arrived. He has always scored goals as a centre forward. I've always been impressed by him too, since his West Ham days (ironically the first time I saw him live was the day Torres finally scored his first goal for Chelsea). Thank god we have a proper striker now, if Ba stays fit and Benitez is brave enough to bench Torres, this team will rip up.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 05, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »

I read he has knee issues sometimes............still it will be good to have a physical threat up top again..........steups, it will be good to have a threat full stop...........I hope this is the end of having to watch Torres not being in striking positions again.....either by force....or exclusion....which ever comes first...........but den he didn't raise his game when drogba force him out of first string last yr so............
I pity the fool....

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 09, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
A crisis?  :o
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:41 PM »
nah, the can pull it off in the return leg.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 09, 2013, 05:26:34 PM »
A crisis?  :o

the defensive errors and rafa still tryin to sqeeze gold out of $50m worth of sand stone luckily he have a second chance.............this time steups
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:52:03 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 09, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »
:)
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 10, 2013, 01:38:57 AM »
The only positive to take from last night was that, for the first time in his useless Chelsea career, Torres was booed off. Perhaps he'll take the hint, there's still 20+ days left in this transfer window.

And as for Benitez.....if he thought the fans would eventually accept him, he must have realised by now that it isn't going to happen any time soon. Deafening chants for Di Matteo last night. We dominated the game but there was absolutely no excuse for not bringing on Ba earlier, the decision to leave Torres on had the crowd livid.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:41 AM »
The only positive to take from last night was that, for the first time in his useless Chelsea career, Torres was booed off. Perhaps he'll take the hint, there's still 20+ days left in this transfer window.

it still amazes me that people including the russian thought torres was a good buy...........bought him...no glory(him in isolation)......bought a team to supposedly fit him.....no glory......bought coach to supposedly fit him.........no glory. maybe because I am a drogba and chelsea war machine(we not dat anymore) fan, I biased, but I knew it was doomed to fail...I just knew :( ..........ah mean he was in obvious decline at liverpool....so seriously..............a fan on a chelsea forum joked that roman just like staring at torres' arse and needed to get his fix................hmmmmmmm alyuh tink ??? ??? ??? :thinking: :thinking: ..............
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:23:22 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 10, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »

it still amazes me that people including the russian thought torres was a good buy...........bought him...no glory(him in isolation)......bought a team to supposedly fit him.....no glory......bought coach to supposedly fit him.........no glory. maybe because I am a drogba and chelsea war machine(we not dat anymore) fan, I biased, but I knew it was doomed to fail...I just knew :( ..........ah mean he was in obvious decline at liverpool....so seriously..............a fan on a chelsea forum joked that roman just like staring at torres' arse and needed to get his fix................hmmmmmmm alyuh tink ??? ??? ??? :thinking: :thinking: ..............

I tempted to go pull some of the posts from back then lol.  I remember a woman cussing me and telling me I have all kinda tabanca over Torres  LOL  Liverpool have to live with setting the transfer record for an English player when they grossly overspend on Carroll... but in the end is Abramovich money that end up in Newcastle coffers, and we even convince West Ham to chip in ah portion too  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 10, 2013, 03:39:25 PM »

I tempted to go pull some of the posts from back then lol.  I remember a woman cussing me and telling me I have all kinda tabanca over Torres  LOL  Liverpool have to live with setting the transfer record for an English player when they grossly overspend on Carroll... but in the end is Abramovich money that end up in Newcastle coffers, and we even convince West Ham to chip in ah portion too  ;D

so yuh sayin I wasn't blind den ......good for me :D, but plenty of d chelsea faithfulseemed to be............ah mean even if yuh not watchin pool game in game out, u had to know that torres was a big gamble
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 10, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »
so yuh sayin I wasn't blind den ......good for me :D, but plenty of d chelsea faithfulseemed to be............ah mean even if yuh not watchin pool game in game out, u had to know that torres was a big gamble

Nah, ability-wise Torres wasn't a gamble... the issue was his attitude.  He noticeably shut it down for Liverpool and give up trying.  The disillusionment started with Rafa's sacking, continued when he got hurt, then benched for the World Cup, where he was largely marginalized in favor of the better-performing, healthier Real/Barca players. 

He barely bothered showing up for Liverpool after the WC, ironically the double against Chelsea in November 2010 being the one notable exception.  He showed his quality on both those goals, the gather, then finish (hitting the ball into the ground as Cech rushed out) on the first, then curling it inside the far post for the second.  Pure quality.  But by that time he was little more than a selfish, pouting shadow of himself.  Two months later he forced a move hours before the transfer window closed, handcuffing the club and causing the desperate grab for Carroll. 

That is what I and most LFC fans despise him for... quitting on the team (and he admitted as much later on) then saying he was staying at the start of January only to force a transfer last minute.  Just be honest, let the club take its time and set up a replacement player and be gone.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:11:02 PM by Bakes »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 10, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »

Nah, ability-wise Torres wasn't a gamble... the issue was his attitude.  He noticeably shut it down for Liverpool and give up trying.  The disillusionment started with Rafa's sacking, continued when he got hurt, then benched for the World Cup, where he was largely marginalized in favor of the better-performing, healthier Real/Barca players. 

He barely bothered showing up for Liverpool after the WC, ironically the double against Chelsea in November 2010 being the one notable exception.  He showed his quality on both those goals, the gather, then finish (hitting the ball into the ground as Cech rushed out) on the first, then curling it inside the far post for the second.  Pure quality.  But by that time he was little more than a selfish, pouting shadow of himself.  Two months later he forced a move hours before the transfer window closed, handcuffing the club and causing the desperate grab for Carroll. 

That is what I and most LFC fans despise him for... quitting on the team (and he admitted as much later on) then saying he was staying at the start of January only to force a transfer last minute.  Just be honest, let the club take its time and set up a replacement player and be gone.

daiz d ting ability wise.........but otherwise d man had no "spirit" none that I could see and d moment he had to use a ounce a muscle he would jus give up........I would say this too....if chelsea did play chupid an sell drogba in the january transfer window, as was rumoured back then, we wasn' even sniffin any cup success
I pity the fool....

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:08 AM »
And as for Benitez.....if he thought the fans would eventually accept him, he must have realised by now that it isn't going to happen any time soon. Deafening chants for Di Matteo last night. We dominated the game but there was absolutely no excuse for not bringing on Ba earlier, the decision to leave Torres on had the crowd livid.

Pep just signed a 3 year contract with Bayern. I wonder what Roman's next move is (if any).  :beermug:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:07 AM »

Pep just signed a 3 year contract with Bayern. I wonder what Roman's next move is (if any).  :beermug:

Wait 3 more years
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 16, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »

1]; } ?>