April 27, 2024, 01:15:17 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 630814 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ancelotti leaves Milan to clear way to Bridge
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Latapy should play Carlos at right back and give Baptiste his wing position.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »

Wrong thread... :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »

Wrong thread... :D

U LUCKY U EH C

WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2009, 03:38:04 PM »
I always knew Leonardo remained linked to the club after his retirement, but I always saw him as more of a management type fella than as a coach.  Cyah judge a book by it's (perceived) cover.  He was one of my favorite Brizilian players, had skill for days and was a great dribbler.......interesting to see what he can do with this team.

Yeah Leonardo always gave the appearance that he was more of a front-office guy.  I hope this is not a strategic move by the dictatorship at that club to have one of the yes men transfer from the front office to the field, so that Galliani can keep calling the shots from behind the scenes...time will tell.  About Leonardo as a player- I felt injuries messed up his potential to have a bigger impact....I also felt like he was competent in multiple places on the pitch without really being great at any one position- just my impression of him. 

Ah wonder if Leandro's appointment have a lot to do with trying to keep Kaka?

Anyways....one of my favourite ballas.  Skillful and cerebral fuh days.  Started off as a winger who was converted to left wing back for the Brazilian team.  Outrageous ability.  Moved to midfield with PSG and Milan.  Would be interesting to see him on the coaching side.

Good luck Leandro and thanks for everything Carlo!  A true Rossineri great!

Ah like how yuh keep callin' de man Leandro  ;D ...another great Brazilian winger/defender from the 80's...

About Ancellotti, though he had more success in his career at Milan because he was at the club during a time when they were a ridiculous powerhouse, I think he's considered a Roma legend just as much (if not more).  I believe that's where most of his career was spent and I think that's the club that many associate with him....I wonder if Roma will try to snag him up....

On a completely separate note...under all that talk about Brazilian skill...enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZxvYy5-ekI
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2009, 04:15:12 PM »
he elbow real good too Palos...ask Tab ramos.. but top player

Ancelotti is Scolari  11

and yes

WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »
I always knew Leonardo remained linked to the club after his retirement, but I always saw him as more of a management type fella than as a coach.  Cyah judge a book by it's (perceived) cover.  He was one of my favorite Brizilian players, had skill for days and was a great dribbler.......interesting to see what he can do with this team.

Yeah Leonardo always gave the appearance that he was more of a front-office guy.  I hope this is not a strategic move by the dictatorship at that club to have one of the yes men transfer from the front office to the field, so that Galliani can keep calling the shots from behind the scenes...time will tell.  About Leonardo as a player- I felt injuries messed up his potential to have a bigger impact....I also felt like he was competent in multiple places on the pitch without really being great at any one position- just my impression of him. 

Ah wonder if Leandro's appointment have a lot to do with trying to keep Kaka?

Anyways....one of my favourite ballas.  Skillful and cerebral fuh days.  Started off as a winger who was converted to left wing back for the Brazilian team.  Outrageous ability.  Moved to midfield with PSG and Milan.  Would be interesting to see him on the coaching side.

Good luck Leandro and thanks for everything Carlo!  A true Rossineri great!

Ah like how yuh keep callin' de man Leandro  ;D ...another great Brazilian winger/defender from the 80's...

About Ancellotti, though he had more success in his career at Milan because he was at the club during a time when they were a ridiculous powerhouse, I think he's considered a Roma legend just as much (if not more).  I believe that's where most of his career was spent and I think that's the club that many associate with him....I wonder if Roma will try to snag him up....

On a completely separate note...under all that talk about Brazilian skill...enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZxvYy5-ekI

good stuff

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
thanks for that video kicker. that make meh sunday afternoon...

anyhow back to the topic at hand.

i eh lying when ah say i kinda skeptical about the ancelotti appointment. Never coached outside of Italy, and uncertain how his style and tactics will adapt to the prem.. I guess is just to wait and see, but i hope it works out..

Personally i wouldve liked to see Chelsea make a play for Zola/Steve Clarke who are doing an excellent job at West Ham.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 31, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
Whey boy kicker yuh have a big man getting all emotional all over again watching that clip. The were spot on with that number one goal. Ah remember Alvin and them making big scene over it on the sports news that night because people were arguing that he flicked it up with one foot and scored with the next while other were saying he did it all with one foot. Ah wish men could ah see the goal Socrates score from behind the GOAL. From that angle the camera man and all get shake because the ball swerve so much he followed the shot until it bent in the goal. Man yuh bring back some memories day boy. That lost against italy in 9182 remains meh most painful lost as a Brazilian fan. Ah didn't even k now meh man Tele past away either. Ah gone with that one yes
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZxvYy5-ekI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zZxvYy5-ekI</a>

after watching this clip i have to say the more things change the more they stay the same
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
Well said, Zoid, very well said! Yuh doh know what true love is until you have children, and yuh never feel a tabanca like Brazil make we (their fans) feel it in '82.....and again in '86, (and '90) but '82 was the real heart breaker!   

Thanks for the clip, Kicker, but ah doh appreciate that we only get a nanosecond glimpse of the free-kick against Argentina, and that it wasn't included in the 11......they shoulda jes' make it TWELVE!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »
That special. To me the MY best Brazil team I saw. This was my 1st big heartbreak in football.
This should be in a post by itself.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 31, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »
I only ever cry twice in my life over football

1 - Brazil vs Italy WC 1982

2 - T&T vs Sweden WC 2006

1989 T&T vs USA...I was too NUMB to do anyting.  Couldn't cry, couldn't talk, nutting.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlo Ancelotti confirmed as new Chelsea coach
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2009, 03:58:43 AM »
Carlo Ancelotti confirmed as new Chelsea coach

By Soccernet staff

June 1, 2009

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as their new manager, just a day after the exit of Guus Hiddink.

Carlo Ancelotti

TonyMarshall/Empics

Ancelotti's twin Champions League wins make him an outstanding manager.

The Italian succeeds Hiddink, whose short stint at Stamford Bridge ended after Saturday's FA Cup final victory over Everton.

Ancelotti, who has long been linked with the Stamford Bridge post, left AC Milan by mutual consent on Sunday.

A statement on their official website read: ''Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Carlo Ancelotti has agreed to become our new manager. He has signed a three year contract and will start on July 1, 2009.

''Carlo was the outstanding candidate for the job. He has proved over a long period his ability to build teams that challenged for, and have been successful in, major domestic and European competitions.

''He also had a highly successful playing career in those competitions and therefore brings unparalleled all round experience to the job.

''We are sure everybody at Chelsea will give him a warm welcome and we are all looking forward to working with him.''

Ancelotti, 50 later this month, twice won the Champions League, in 2003 and 2007, and the Serie A title in 2004 during his eight years in charge at Milan. He has previously coached at Reggiana, Parma and Juventus.

His track record of success dates back to his playing days when he also won two league titles and two European Cups with Milan and he becomes the fourth Chelsea manager in 21 months following Jose Mourinho, Avram Grant, Luiz Felipe Scolari and Hiddink.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carlo Ancelotti confirmed as new Chelsea coach
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2009, 04:29:51 AM »
Fresh from celebrating his team's FA Cup Final victory John Terry has called on Roman Abramovich to bankroll Carlo Ancelotti.

Franck Ribery

OliverLang/GettyImages

Ribery: wanted by Terry.

Having agreed to leave AC Milan on Sunday night, Ancelotti has been announced as the Blues' new boss, despite rumoured late interest from Real Madrid, and will be interested to hear the thoughts of his new skipper.

Terry believes that the club needs players as well as a manager, and is keen to aim high, asserting that "the likes of Franck Ribery and David Villa are the kind of players we want".

Chelsea ended their two-year trophy drought with their FA Cup success, and Terry wants them to use that success as a springboard to go on and win more trophies:

"We want to attract the best to Chelsea. If we can do that, with successes like the FA Cup and pushing for the Premier League again next season, we're going to get players like Ribery and Villa".

i feel makalele was right about john terry.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:    Palos, like me and you is friggin' SIAMESE TWIN boy!!

Remember what HEAVY favourites Brazil were, even coming IN to the WC?!  Remember the game they had played against England before the tournament when Eder took a free-kick that hit Ray Wilkins standing in the wall and knock 'im out cold?  Ah was still :'( over Bob's death and was looking to Brazil to win this thing to lift meh spirits.......all Brazil needed was a draw.........if only Serginho woulda score one or two of the easy goals he trow-way!  >:(

Even though they messed it up, the sound of our National Anthem at a WC created some of the most unexplainable feelings a grown man could ever try to explain.  (tears of anger was to follow in Kaiserslautern!) 

1989 T&T vs USA...I was too NUMB to do anyting.  Couldn't cry, couldn't talk, nutting.

Initially, at the final whistle, that was my same, exact feeling.  But when espn wrap up the programming by showing the the contrast between the small American contingent in gleeful exuberance and pan the crowd of so many of my people in heartbroken tears....boy!....if yuh woulda see dat yuh woulda :'( like me, too.  I'm SURE of it!

( >:( Leo is a MC boy!!)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2009, 08:21:11 AM »
That special. To me the MY best Brazil team I saw. This was my 1st big heartbreak in football.
This should be in a post by itself.

To me...dat is de best football team EVER!

Greater dan Brazil 70

Greater dan Baresi's Milan

Greater dan Barca 2K9

True..they didn't win...but dey have people talkin bout dem to dis day.  Few remember Italy in 2006...or Germany in 1990....but EVERYBODY remember's Brazil 1982 and their amazing cast of football magicians...and 2 GOATS!  >:(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »
3 coaches in one year

Chelsea is fast becoming the English version of Real Madrid.

Més que un club.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »
3 coaches in one year

I know Madrid is u sworn enemy, but no need to put them down so bad... :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2009, 11:10:12 AM »
Good fit, if you ask me.  He was accustomed to working with an owner who exerted considerable control over player personnel, much like what he will have to face at Chelsea. 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2009, 11:30:11 AM »
3 coaches in one year

Why yuh doh mind yuh business.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
3 coaches in one year

Just stating facts bredren.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »
3 coaches in one year

Just stating facts bredren.

Sistren
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »

ah hear yuh palos, i have to include de Bahrain game though, as ah big man ah was ah basket case for dat one, i couldn't stop crying nah....about de highlights, give thanks kicker!!!!

it remind why ah so skillfull and how even now at 46 (and slow) ah does be one ah de only meh in sweat, constantly backheeling and dummying any chance ah get, and ha men wondering if ah is ah dreadlocked brazilian ;D

nah dat bring back rel memories.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 01, 2009, 02:44:17 PM »
Good fit, if you ask me.  He was accustomed to working with an owner who exerted considerable control over player personnel, much like what he will have to face at Chelsea. 

yup. Carlo turning out ot be the ultimate yes man.

giggsy11

« Reply #384 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »
I am sure he will be happy for the opportunity to finally manage a 'young' side! Oh yeah Terry will be calling the shots, blasted rat!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »

Almost cry but I feel Brazil v France was worse in 86. Dat was good prep 4 Nov 19th was never so devasted over a sporting event.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 01, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
WE BEATING COSTA RICA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »
Well said, Zoid, very well said! Yuh doh know what true love is until you have children, and yuh never feel a tabanca like Brazil make we (their fans) feel it in '82.....and again in '86, (and '90) but '82 was the real heart breaker!   

Thanks for the clip, Kicker, but ah doh appreciate that we only get a nanosecond glimpse of the free-kick against Argentina, and that it wasn't included in the 11......they shoulda jes' make it TWELVE!

Heart break yes! but memorable football of quality. those teams lost and people still talk about them more than the teams that beat them. quite a few teams fall into that bracket, Holland 74 and 2000, and France 82
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #388 on: June 03, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »
this would be a blow.

Carvalho ready to leave Chelsea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8081914.stm

Carvalho is frustrated by his lack of opportunities at Chelsea

Chelsea centre-back Ricardo Carvalho has made it clear he is ready to leave Stamford Bridge this summer in search of first-team football.

The Portugal international, 31, is unhappy that he made only 18 appearances for the Blues last season.

"I have had four extraordinary years at Chelsea until this year, which has not been very good - indeed it was the worst of my career," he said.

"I am available for a club who wishes to have me."

Carvalho joined Chelsea from Porto in July 2004 for a fee of about £20m and has played 174 times for the club, helping them to win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup.

But he was hampered by injuries last season, suffering knee ligament damage and a thigh problem that kept him out for almost two months.

Carvalho admitted "I wasn't in great shape" but insisted it was because he had not played many matches.

Looking to the future, he added: "I am delighted that several clubs are interested in me. But before being approached, an agreement must be found with Chelsea."

Carvalho last played for Chelsea in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool in the Champions League quarter-final second leg on 14 April.

And he appeared to be out of favour under interim Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, prompting his declaration of intent to move on.

However, Carvalho appeared to leave the door open for reassessment under incoming manger Carlo Ancelotti, who officially takes over on 1 July.

"If there is no transfer, I will be fine at Chelsea," he said.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #389 on: July 01, 2009, 04:48:31 PM »
Interesting article from Paul Parker written on June 9th 2009

Who is Paul Parker?
Paul Parker enjoyed a distinguished career for club and country. The versatile defender won 19 England caps and played the 1990 World Cup semi-final against West Germany. After spells at Fulham and QPR, Paul joined Manchester United in 1991, where he helped the club claim their first league title for 26 years, and won the Double twice. During six seasons at Old Trafford, he played with legends such as Eric Cantona, Roy Keane and David Beckham.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/paul-parker/article/8736/

Kaka deal shows up Chelsea
Tue Jun 09 12:03PM

The £58 million Real Madrid paid for Kaka is a lot of money, but there can be no doubt he is a supreme talent and Real know what they are getting.

It is a massive sum, but not all that surprising in today's world. Milan were simply not in a position to turn that sort of money down.

Although Manchester City fans will say the fee could have been £40m more if Kaka had signed for them, I don't think that was ever going to happen. City were not the right club for him.

You also have to say the deal represents another failure in the transfer market for Chelsea, who have really struggled to make the 'fantasy' signings Roman Abramovich wanted when he bought the club.

While they denied making a formal bid for Kaka, they were certainly interested and it would be naive to think they were not involved in negotiations on some level.

It is hard for them because they just do not have a prestigious enough name to sign the very top players.

They have had five years of success, but that is not enough to build the kind of reputation that Real enjoy, with their countless domestic titles and nine European Cups. A few barren years do not affect them as much because of their glittering history.

I think most players would rather sign for Liverpool than Chelsea, even though they have not won the league for 19 years.

When I signed for Manchester United they had gone 25 years without winning the league but that certainly did not put me off. If anything, it was an incentive.

If a club has a dry spell, the rewards and accolades will be all the greater if you can help them end the drought. Imagine the glory and adulation for the Liverpool squad that finally wins the Premier League.

Kaka can expect something similar if he helps Real return to the top of the pile in Spain.
Many people who saw Real's defending last season might say they should concentrate on strengthening at the back, but what they need more than any individual player is the team spirit and unity that Barcelona have.

It obviously helps to have a midfielder who can rival Xavi and Andres Iniesta for technical ability, but it will count for nothing unless Real find some cohesion, which was sadly lacking last season.

One thing you can say about Kaka is that he is not a prima donna, and seems fairly humble. He will work hard for the team and keep his nose clean. Any club in the world would love to have him.

We all know about Real president Florentino Perez's formula for buying success through 'Galacticos', and he has shown that it can work.

It will certainly add interest to the Spanish league. At the moment, people really want to watch Barcelona, but Kaka's arrival at their big rivals will immediately make Real more attractive and interesting to neutrals, and hopefully it will spice up the Liga title race.

Parker tries to argue that Chelsea's inability to sign Kaka shows them up. If there is any truth to the allegations that Chelsea pursued Kaka, then Chelsea was shown up by a bigger team - Real, and there is no shame in that.

However, things have changed alot since June 9th 2009 and Manchester United have been shown up by Real Madrid in taking away their star player: Cristiano Ronaldo. Manchester City have shown them up by taking away one of their longest running targets - Roque Santa Cruz. Carlos Tevez walked out on them. Franck Ribery has ignored everything they have said to him thus far. Just today alone, another one of their targets, Karim Benzema was snuffed out from under them by Real Madrid.

Here's how Barcelona showed up a Manchester United squad featuring Paul Parker in 94 who admitted that Hristo Stoichkov was cheeky and Romario was arrogant but fast

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2A4OcyS2KPM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2A4OcyS2KPM</a>

... and as for all the players would rather sign for Liverpool than Chelsea, even though they have not won the league for 19 years ... the only one on that list is Glenn Johnson (who was ushered out of Chelsea some years ago - and who is grossly overpriced - RE: Robbie Keane saga last year). So far this transfer season, all the players would rather sign for any team BUT Manchester United.

Glory Glory
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>