April 19, 2024, 11:56:21 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 628197 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!
« Reply #3900 on: April 04, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
First that wasn't a lob, secondly height has nothing to do with that goal. Courtois was in great position for where the ball was.  Adams went for it and it worked. Can't blame (not saying you are) for that. Just got to applaud.

Whether you want to quibble with whether that was a lob or not, no goalkeeper should be beaten by a shot taken from ten yards inside the opposing half.  There is 'coming off the line' and then there is "going for a walkabout." Courtois was actually outside the penalty area (standing in the semi-circle) when Adams took the shot.  What was he doing 18 yards from goal?  If he was in 'great' position then the shot should not have scored.  Fantastic effort by Adams but it was always speculative from that distance.  Yes, I'm faulting Courtois.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 04, 2015, 04:57:41 PM »
First that wasn't a lob, secondly height has nothing to do with that goal. Courtois was in great position for where the ball was.  Adams went for it and it worked. Can't blame (not saying you are) for that. Just got to applaud.

Whether you want to quibble with whether that was a lob or not, no goalkeeper should be beaten by a shot taken from ten yards inside the opposing half.  There is 'coming off the line' and then there is "going for a walkabout." Courtois was actually outside the penalty area (standing in the semi-circle) when Adams took the shot.  What was he doing 18 yards from goal?  If he was in 'great' position then the shot should not have scored.  Fantastic effort by Adams but it was always speculative from that distance.  Yes, I'm faulting Courtois.

Don't have to argue, but if you understand strategy and tactics you would not say that Courtois was on a "walk about". The fact that he was beaten from that distance tells you it was not a lob. Players don't "lob" 59 yard balls.

It's a quality goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:12 PM »
Don't have to argue, but if you understand strategy and tactics you would not say that Courtois was on a "walk about". The fact that he was beaten from that distance tells you it was not a lob. Players don't "lob" 59 yard balls.

It's a quality goal.

You don't "have" to argue because you have no argument.  When is it ever good "strategy and tactics" to have your keeper stand outside the penalty area, let alone with the action just inside the opponent's half?  It's not like it was a corner on the other end.  Apparently the so-called "Special One" doesn't understand your brand of strategy and tactics either... since he too is faulting Courtois.

As for your literally pointless argument that it was not a "lob'... many others are describing it as a lob.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 12, 2015, 06:00:29 PM »
Aye Allyuh Chelsea win 1-0 today. QPR fought them tooth and nail. I surprised no comments.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 12, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Aye Allyuh Chelsea win 1-0 today. QPR fought them tooth and nail. I surprised no comments.

dey runnin on fumes now......next two weeks will test their staying power to the limit Man U and arsenal back to back............if they get through that without losing AND with at least one win, they might be free and clear especially if dey manage to beat arsenal.........but is ah long and treacherous road ahead........still tink we throw way four point against d manchesters in d first half of d season, playin too cautious but say what, we on top
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 18, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »
 :whew:
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 18, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
 :whistling:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
d man have ah formula.......an intensely boring and at times uninspiring formula .....but a workin formula......next week for it......I feel if chelsea manage ah early lead he might try to stick it to arsene......but den d team runnin on fumes....so ah feel it goh be more of the same like yesterday
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 19, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
Even before yesterday... Chelsea just needed 8. And unless Jose has to win against a big side... He will only do one thing.

Conceding 71% possession with 4 starters missing from your opponent at home. Yeah Jose doesn't care. 

Same thing next week most likely.  Although he likes to advantage Wenger so maybe he'd go for more than one goal.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 19, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »
Even before yesterday... Chelsea just needed 8. And unless Jose has to win against a big side... He will only do one thing.

Conceding 71% possession with 4 starters missing from your opponent at home. Yeah Jose doesn't care. 

Same thing next week most likely.  Although he likes to advantage Wenger so maybe he'd go for more than one goal.

unless chelsea score three early goal or concede or arsenal ketch ah red. jose not goin an let dem horse out d stable....goh be shock if he do dat, if i were to be honest
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 26, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
0-0 stalemate  ::) ::) but say what...inches closer ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 26, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 27, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »
Hazard deserve PoY award.   

Eva need to be fired.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 29, 2015, 02:38:34 PM »
almost over!....... what bullet by ramires :o :o boring boring chelsea boy.........ah doh like it sometimes but it does work :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:52:27 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 29, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »
Ramires finish was sweet! He just stroke it into the net.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: April 29, 2015, 02:59:28 PM »
Ramires finish was sweet! He just stroke it into the net.

ent  :applause: :applause: :applause: :salute: :salute:
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 29, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »
Hazard deserve PoY award.   

Eva need to be fired.

Because she had the same vantage point as you did including all the replays to show exactly what happened and that his hands went stiff. A doctor should be able to see clear across the field what happened in a clash of that nature. At full speed it did not even look like he got hit in his head.

By the time she got to Oscar he war oriented. And apparently she knew what she was doing as he was on the bench today available for selection 2 days later.

Maybe that's why she's a Doctor.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 30, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
Because she had the same vantage point as you did including all the replays to show exactly what happened and that his hands went stiff. A doctor should be able to see clear across the field what happened in a clash of that nature. At full speed it did not even look like he got hit in his head.

By the time she got to Oscar he war oriented. And apparently she knew what she was doing as he was on the bench today available for selection 2 days later.

You real jokey yes.  I bet you everybody on that sideline saw Oscar's hands "went stiff".  I also bet you that Oscar didn't go from being dazed with a blank stare to being "oriented" in the 30-45 seconds it took her to get to him.  The fact that he was available for selection two days later is besides the point... was he NOT rushed to the hospital at halftime?  You think it's proper to tend to a player on the field for a head injury, send him back on to finish 10+ minutes of action... then rush him to the hospital?  You on kicks.

If this was the only incident it would be one thing, but this is the second time in 6-7 months she/the medical staff okayed a player to continue playing, only to later rush them off to hospital upon second thoughts.  The concussion/injury protocol needs to change before somebody ends up dying, only then allyuh will look beyond club colors and start being serious about player safety.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 30, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »

You real jokey yes.  I bet you everybody on that sideline saw Oscar's hands "went stiff".  I also bet you that Oscar didn't go from being dazed with a blank stare to being "oriented" in the 30-45 seconds it took her to get to him.  The fact that he was available for selection two days later is besides the point... was he NOT rushed to the hospital at halftime?  You think it's proper to tend to a player on the field for a head injury, send him back on to finish 10+ minutes of action... then rush him to the hospital?  You on kicks.

If this was the only incident it would be one thing, but this is the second time in 6-7 months she/the medical staff okayed a player to continue playing, only to later rush them off to hospital upon second thoughts.  The concussion/injury protocol needs to change before somebody ends up dying, only then allyuh will look beyond club colors and start being serious about player safety.

You're sure about something that you cannot be sure about. Yet I am jokey being sure about the opposite of what you are sure about. Got you.

A Dr. and a medical staff making a decision on a medical situation. How much more crazy can this world get.

Oscar played out the half with (seemingly) no problems. He did not look as though he was in any trouble.

He was not rushed to hospital. As in many situation, the player was taken to hospital as further precaution at which time (apparently) the decision taken pitch side that he was okay was substantiated.

You can say all you want, but Eva and other Drs. are put in those situations for their expertise. If their diagnosis cannot be respected, then they should just have a trainer load players into the ambulance and cart them off to the hospital.

A commentator in a studio or a fan in front of a television cannot usurp the decision of an experienced Dr.

Chelsea and Mourinho knows first hand the dangers of head injuries and the importance of Drs. at pitch side to which I believe they will err on the side of caution.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 30, 2015, 02:49:59 PM »

You're sure about something that you cannot be sure about. Yet I am jokey being sure about the opposite of what you are sure about. Got you.

A Dr. and a medical staff making a decision on a medical situation. How much more crazy can this world get.

Oscar played out the half with (seemingly) no problems. He did not look as though he was in any trouble.

He was not rushed to hospital. As in many situation, the player was taken to hospital as further precaution at which time (apparently) the decision taken pitch side that he was okay was substantiated.

You can say all you want, but Eva and other Drs. are put in those situations for their expertise. If their diagnosis cannot be respected, then they should just have a trainer load players into the ambulance and cart them off to the hospital.

A commentator in a studio or a fan in front of a television cannot usurp the decision of an experienced Dr.

Chelsea and Mourinho knows first hand the dangers of head injuries and the importance of Drs. at pitch side to which I believe they will err on the side of caution.

Where did I say I was "sure" about anything?  If you think that it makes sense logically, to send a player who suffered a head injury back into the game, then within the hour send him to the hospital "as a precaution" (on two separate occasions) then what ah go tell yuh.

The medical team essentially say "he arrite man, let him finish de half and we go send him to the hospital halftime, juss in case." Is either he was fine to continue or he needed to go to the hospital as a precaution, to say that he was both is an unnecessary gamble but once is de doctors making that gamble you good with that.  One wonders if that was your child if you'd have that much faith and confidence under the same circumstances.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: May 03, 2015, 08:31:21 AM »
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: May 03, 2015, 08:49:24 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: May 03, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
Congrats to Chelsea... deserved champions.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: May 03, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
A few of my pics from the game today  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-wmC0pzCUkw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-wmC0pzCUkw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i46ae4Gr5R8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i46ae4Gr5R8</a>

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:23:28 PM by Ryan »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: May 04, 2015, 07:47:44 AM »
Congrats to Chelsea :beermug:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
Will be in Met Life again tomorrow to see the champions!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3926 on: August 11, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »
Chelsea axe doctor after Mourinho row - reports
AFP

London (AFP) - Chelsea have sidelined team doctor Eva Carneiro from match-day duties after she fell foul of manager Jose Mourinho, according to British media reports on Tuesday.

Mourinho criticised Carneiro after she ran on the pitch to treat Eden Hazard in stoppage time of Chelsea's 2-2 draw at home to Swansea City on Saturday, saying she did not "understand the game".

After receiving support from fans, Carneiro wrote on her Facebook page: "I would like to thank the general public for their overwhelming support. Really very much appreciated."

The Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail said that while Carneiro would continue in her role as first-team doctor, she would no longer attend games or training sessions or enter the team hotel.

Mourinho felt that Carneiro had been wrong to go to Hazard's aid as his side pushed for a winner against Swansea at Stamford Bridge.

"I wasn't happy with my medical staff because even if you are a medical doctor or secretary on the bench, you have to understand the game," he told reporters after the match.

"If you go to the pitch to assist a player, then you must be sure that a player has a serious problem. I was sure that Eden didn't have a serious problem. He had a knock and was very tired.

"My medical department left me with eight fit outfield players in a counter-attack after a set-piece and we were worried we didn't have enough players left."

Carneiro joined Chelsea in February 2009 and was promoted to the role of first-team doctor and assistant medical director by Andre Villas-Boas, one of Mourinho's predecessors, in 2011.

The Telegraph and the Mail said her role had been changed as part of a shake-up of back-room staff by Mourinho.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: August 11, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
I like Jose, but there has to be more to this socalled misunderstanding. The doctor actually followed the trainer on the field. I don't think she went on the field on her own. He said that she did not understand the game. Did Jose and his technical staff convey some of these plans to the medical team? Like say, if a player was to go down, he may use this to get a free kick. Don't go on the field. What if it was a real serious injury, and the med staff hesitated not to go the field? This has to an ongoing fued between them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:28:50 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: August 11, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »
Hell hath no fury like a Jose scorned
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: August 11, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »
Very bold move by Jose, in most cases doctors will always lookout for the player's health regardless of the score or the game situation.

1]; } ?>