April 29, 2024, 03:21:00 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 632332 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #960 on: April 18, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »
I remember when Schmicel first came in the league, he was very poor at kicking, especially when balls were played back to him and his game was marked by a bundle of nerves. He settled well and the rest is hstory.

thats the thing about goalkeeping in England, is a totally different proposition. You get little protection from referees and players come in full out for contact, which is something that is not allowed in other leagues. On cross balls men does jump into the keeper like rugby and the ref might not even blow for that. England is the only league where a team's patented tactic is to launch a throw into the pk box and score from the ensuing scrimmage.

keeping real different in england..

this might not compare on any kinda level but i just talking the english culture.. I remember i used to save for a sunday league side in London.. First game i play a man take a shot and i save.. yuh boy proceed to distribute the ball to the wing back.. Well that man look so confused at getting the ball to start the play, he panic and lose it and goal nearly score.. Then all the teammates bawling out, "for f**k sake mate, kick it out!" Since then i hadda just dump out every ball and the further i kick it into the opposition half, men clapping..

don't talk for the first time a man play a through ball and i come off my line to intercept.. lewwe call it a 70-30 ball, I had the clear advantage to slide and gather.. is because where i expecting a man to hurdle me on the ground he skating in with studs.. And ref eh sayin shit.. Nuff times on them long throws i would get real push down and rough up in the box and is play on. And that is real affect yuh game because yuh get wary about contact..

after that i say fork dat yes, dem eh paying me to sweat here.. if i see contact coming i hoofing out with foot even from in my pk box, and on them long throws aimed at me, i just cuffing air to see who i could connect..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2010, 12:03:14 PM »
I think he is much better than Givens -people does get tied up by Givens shot stopping abilities but when was the last time he came for a cross? The man always on his line; at least Gomes commands his area and does not depend on his defenders to take care of crosses like Givens.

Funny how men are comparing Gomes to Schmeichel an ting haha.

An I eh really sure who Givens is - but Shay has been doing it consistently at a high level for far longer than Gomes.

They both have their flaws but Gomes probably go hadda prove himself for a few more years before anyone could really pass fair judgment yes.

I don't think anybody is comparing Gomes to Schmeichel, per se, Breds.....I think someone is making the point that even for someone as great as Schmeichel, getting adjusted to the English game seemed to have presented challenges that made people question even his ability, similarly for Gomes......and even Craig Gordon.  I remember hummuch cry dong he get just on this forum alone.

Funny thing about football, is that goalkeeping is one of the most important positions on a team (for various reasons) yet, it's the most often misunderstood and a lot of the criticisms that GK's get from players, analysts, announcers and fans alike are coming from places of misunderstanding.  It is a position that brings with it, a totally different set of challenges that, unless you have played the position, you really don't understand the dynamics of your role and your responsibility, the psychological burden that comes with it and the difficulty of carrying them out, especially when your teammates in front of you playin a setta shit. 
So that is why when you spoke earlier about Gomes not being commanding enough or being too laid-back, or Giggsy talking about Shay Given not coming out for crosses, I couldn't agree.  Yet.  There is more that needs to be analyzed in terms of his relationship with his defenders, before you can say for sure that he has a problem, and some of that analysis can't come from watching it on a screen.

I'm sure Dinho and all could tell you that sometimes the hardest thing to do could be to get a defender to follow the simplest of instructions because every body has in his own mind what he should be doing and what you should be doing, too.  Even for the best trained, well-rehearsed of professional teams and players, something as simple as setting a wall could be a headache.           

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »
Personally, I think Gomes has been great this season, particularly when you consider how bad Spurs defence is (I doh care how much people rate him up, Dawson is a $h!ttong). There are only a handful of keepers better than him in the Premiership.

Anyhow, great news for us - Torres out for the season = one less thing to worry about at Anfield in a fortnight.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
Personally, I think Gomes has been great this season, particularly when you consider how bad Spurs defence is (I doh care how much people rate him up, Dawson is a $h!ttong). There are only a handful of keepers better than him in the Premiership.

Anyhow, great news for us - Torres out for the season = one less thing to worry about at Anfield in a fortnight.

Yeah, because if we play anything like we did yesterday, we will have enough to worry 'bout from the get-go.  We also better not let Wigan trip we up like we have in the past.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 18, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

Yeah, because if we play anything like we did yesterday, we will have enough to worry 'bout from the get-go.  We also better not let Wigan trip we up like we have in the past.

GO WIGAN  :devil: :devil:

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 18, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
2 horse race mates...may the best team win

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 18, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 18, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
I think he is much better than Givens -people does get tied up by Givens shot stopping abilities but when was the last time he came for a cross? The man always on his line; at least Gomes commands his area and does not depend on his defenders to take care of crosses like Givens.

An I eh really sure who Givens is - but Shay has been doing it consistently at a high level for far longer than Gomes.

They both have their flaws but Gomes probably go hadda prove himself for a few more years before anyone could really pass fair judgment yes.

I don't think anybody is comparing Gomes to Schmeichel, per se, Breds.....I think someone is making the point that even for someone as great as Schmeichel, getting adjusted to the English game seemed to have presented challenges that made people question even his ability, similarly for Gomes......and even Craig Gordon.  I remember hummuch cry dong he get just on this forum alone.

Funny thing about football, is that goalkeeping is one of the most important positions on a team (for various reasons) yet, it's the most often misunderstood and a lot of the criticisms that GK's get from players, analysts, announcers and fans alike are coming from places of misunderstanding.  It is a position that brings with it, a totally different set of challenges that, unless you have played the position, you really don't understand the dynamics of your role and your responsibility, the psychological burden that comes with it and the difficulty of carrying them out, especially when your teammates in front of you playin a setta shit. 
So that is why when you spoke earlier about Gomes not being commanding enough or being too laid-back, or Giggsy talking about Shay Given not coming out for crosses, I couldn't agree.  Yet.  There is more that needs to be analyzed in terms of his relationship with his defenders, before you can say for sure that he has a problem, and some of that analysis can't come from watching it on a screen.

I'm sure Dinho and all could tell you that sometimes the hardest thing to do could be to get a defender to follow the simplest of instructions because every body has in his own mind what he should be doing and what you should be doing, too.  Even for the best trained, well-rehearsed of professional teams and players, something as simple as setting a wall could be a headache.           

You have time we papa. Imagine you have to explain that. Laughable really!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 18, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »

Haha "goalkeeping is one of the most important positions on a team" - serious :)

Learn sumtin new for the day yes.

I think it's well established that the goalkeeper is the most thankless position on the field besides the ref. People praise you up until the point you make one mistake - then ur a villain. Playing that position is to live with the fact that chances are any mishap on your part will lead to a goal - moreso than any other position on the park.

You can be as brilliant as you want to be - but a great save will likely never be rated as highly as a great goal - and you're only 1 poor game away from being vilified.

I'm not sure how good Gomes's English is for one - but his personality just doesn't seem that authoritative. He's been a solid shot stopper this season and decent enough on crosses - and I can respect his progress from some of his horror shows last season (against us at Old Trafford comes to mind).

I don't doubt that he can become one of the better goalkeepers in the world - I just don't rate him among the best right now. And to say that 'there are only a handful of keepers in the league better than him' is not exactly a glowing reference seeing as there aren't that many great goalkeepers in the EPL to begin with.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 19, 2010, 02:51:15 PM »

Haha "goalkeeping is one of the most important positions on a team" - serious :)

Learn sumtin new for the day yes.

I think it's well established that the goalkeeper is the most thankless position on the field besides the ref. People praise you up until the point you make one mistake - then ur a villain. Playing that position is to live with the fact that chances are any mishap on your part will lead to a goal - moreso than any other position on the park.

You can be as brilliant as you want to be - but a great save will likely never be rated as highly as a great goal - and you're only 1 poor game away from being vilified.

I'm not sure how good Gomes's English is for one - but his personality just doesn't seem that authoritative. He's been a solid shot stopper this season and decent enough on crosses - and I can respect his progress from some of his horror shows last season (against us at Old Trafford comes to mind).

I don't doubt that he can become one of the better goalkeepers in the world - I just don't rate him among the best right now. And to say that 'there are only a handful of keepers in the league better than him' is not exactly a glowing reference seeing as there aren't that many great goalkeepers in the EPL to begin with.

I went through the trouble of explaining it because I don't think people really recognize how thankless a job it is.  If you do then good for you, but you still showing me that you not sure what you talking about by underrating an excellent goalkeeper because he had one bad season making an adjustment to a new league.  If you really know about appreciating good goalkeepers you would have know about Gomes long before he came to Spurs when he was competing with Julio Caesar for Brazil's no. 1 shirt, and PSV was pushing him to become a Dutch national because he performed so well for them.   

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 20, 2010, 10:42:24 AM »
Aguero 'tempted' by Chelsea transfer

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/europe/story/Aguero-tempted-by-Chelsea-transfer

Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero has hinted he would welcome a move to Chelsea after lavishing praise on Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard.

The Argentina forward, 21, has been linked with a big-money move to one of Europe's top clubs for some time and Carlo Ancelotti's side, who were thought to be close to acquiring his services last summer, again look to be in pole position.

Both Manchester clubs, Inter Milan and Real Madrid have also been strongly linked with a move for Aguero, but his personal preference appears to be clear.

He hailed Lampard and Drogba as world leaders in their respective positions as he assessed the possibility of moving to London.

He is quoted in the Daily Express saying: "Chelsea are a great club. They have become one of the most feared in Europe over recent years.

"I look at players like Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard and they have been - and still are - the best players in their positions in the world. I could really learn from players like that, there is no doubt.

"London would be a really amazing city to live in as well, myself and my wife could be really happy there. Carlos Tevez is doing really well at Manchester City but, for me, it is about joining a club who are ready to challenge for honours. City are not ready yet.

"Inter are a great club, but it is agreed that over the last five years the Premier League has been the strongest."

giggsy11

« Reply #971 on: April 20, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
Dinho and Chow ent all yuh miss all yuh Jose?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 20, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
Dinho and Chow ent all yuh miss all yuh Jose?

Well, speaking for myself: come nah man, Giggsy, you know de ansah to daaat!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »
Wonderful skill from the Ivorian, great pass and great header from the other Ivorian....we need to score at least 2 more and put this game away and get ready for liverpool next week.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 25, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »
i know is stoke eh, but ballack actually filling in good for Obi Mikel..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: April 25, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »
stoke give no kinda fight dread, alyuh just beating up on the small team  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »

With that much space, Ancelotti could step out there and run the midfield  ;D
Seriously though I agree Ballack looks good so far.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 25, 2010, 10:31:30 AM »

With that much space, Ancelotti could step out there and run the midfield  ;D
Seriously though I agree Ballack looks good so far.

Haha well he should be well-rested yes.

Dis game goin pretty routine so far doh unfortunately.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »
f**k goal difference lol. we got that covered.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »
Rape at the bridge.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 25, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »
7-0 final score..

without Drogbar or Anelka scoring.. who woulda taught

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Lampard....pure class!!!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »
7-0 final score..

without Drogbar or Anelka scoring.. who woulda taught

Drogba hasn't scored in any of our (three) 7 goal performances. Diversity :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

Yeah, Ballack is one ah dem players dat need space to showcase his natural abilities.  Stoke gave him way more room and respect than he deserved.  If JOM is still out next week (or if he's fit and Carlo decide to play de ass and let Ballack play on one game's merit) he would have more of a challenge to step up to then.  

This game was a walk in the park, but every team gets one of those from time to time.  We have the more difficult of the remaining two-game fixtures than manu so we have to step up!

As easy a game as this was, men like Drogba showed his value to the team today.  The man is a skillfully unorthodox Drama Queen.....but he's a hell of a player!   Anelka still never ceases to amaze me with how effortlessly skillful he is and Lampard still may be a tad bit overrated in some people's eyes, but he is extremely invaluable to Chelsea and I would rate him as being the better of steven gerrard or any other midfielder that England have right now.  We have the right mix of youth and experience moving forward, we just have to start looking to shoring up our central defense for the future.  Terry is getting older and slower (if that is really possible) and Carvalho starting to pay the price of aging with all the niggling injuries.        

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 25, 2010, 11:06:03 AM »
I think this is the 3rd time this season a side get 7 from Chelsea...

Manchester United could give anybody 7??

Champion performance!  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:45 AM »
what a beat down...Stoke should be relegated immediately  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 25, 2010, 11:14:29 AM »

ROMA
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 25, 2010, 11:22:25 AM »
what a beat down...Stoke should be relegated immediately  :devil:

Ricardo Fuller is a very talented player, as are their two GKs and Abdoulaye Faye.  Right now, they look like four pieces of sterling silver lost in a heap of garbage. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »

ROMA

how much years ago was that? i talking about this current Man U shit side.. :devil:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »

ROMA

how much years ago was that? i talking about this current Man U shit side.. :devil:
daiz the thng, this current utd shit side giving allyuh best side a run for the title.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>