March 29, 2024, 02:08:58 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624595 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
Didier Drogba is the man, steps onto the field and make it look easy.

We play real shyte though. Cech needs to wake up soon.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2008, 07:05:03 PM »

Everything on that goal was perfect, starting with the chip from John Mikel Obi (sweet!) to Joe Cole to Joe Cole's pass to Drogba's cool collection and finish.  I agree that we played shyte today, but I eh understand what yuh mean about Cech, though.  I eh fine he do nutting wrong today.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »

Everything on that goal was perfect, starting with the chip from John Mikel Obi (sweet!) to Joe Cole to Joe Cole's pass to Drogba's cool collection and finish.  I agree that we played shyte today, but I eh understand what yuh mean about Cech, though.  I eh fine he do nutting wrong today.   

I find he a little complacent in the goal. He to comfortable I find. The goal against was great, but he could have made a better effort.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »

I find he a little complacent in the goal. He to comfortable I find. The goal against was great, but he could have made a better effort.

:rotfl: Elan!!  Allyuh men WICKED, boy!   :rotfl:  What better effort yuh wanted, jed? De man dive fuh de ball but probably realize he wasn't going to get it and shifted his body to make a proper landing man.  That header practically rifle into the corner of the net.  No 'keeper was gettin' dat ball, man.   Yuh fussin' wit de doubles man fuh shortin' yuh one chick pea in yuh doubles on dah one.
   As far as his being too comfortable in goal, ah cyah tell yuh how to feel 'bout dat, nor am I sure if you talkin' 'bout his playing style or his personality. I find he is as composed as he need to be and he gets fired up  and scream at his defenders when he feel he have to.  His personality is his personality, and not every 'keeper does be like Lehman, Kahn, Zenga or Grobelaar.  He does a great job still.  But, respek still.  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2008, 04:00:21 PM »
Cech showed why he is the best GK in the EPL. With 10 men not a bad result still undefeated. On to next weekend.  ;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »
Cech showed why he is the best GK in the EPL. With 10 men not a bad result still undefeated. On to next weekend.  ;D

steups, when u moving happy happy for yuh draw how yuh expect we to pong allyuh?

>:(

them "lesser" sides real holding their own now boy. No 3 points guaranteed for the big 2 again. Buh doh study it, we coming back from the WC with a vengeance.  :devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »

steups, when u moving happy happy for yuh draw how yuh expect we to pong allyuh?

>:(

them "lesser" sides real holding their own now boy. No 3 points guaranteed for the big 2 again. Buh doh study it, we coming back from the WC with a vengeance.  :devil:

I just writing how Man United fans does write when they draw against teams in the bottom 6. I does always pong Chelsea.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2008, 07:02:11 PM »
my side kinda worrying me lately...

ok so they playing a brand that is much easier on the eye, but i noticing a lack of killer instinct... Is like we get a waft of Arsenal's pungent odor..

before, when they went a goal down you knew for sure that they would hit back. Home games was guaranteed points.. Now, real points getting shave off at stamford bridge, and when they under pressure they not forcing a response... I eh seeing de steel!

hopefully they could set things straight and soon.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2008, 01:00:59 PM »
Alright we really playing the fool now. If we win this league all them other team is real shyte. Imagine we playing all this mess and we still second. Where the champions of the world?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »
I need to find the post from years ago when all Abramovich showe dup and I said it could never last. Abramovich would have tobe the biggest fool to keep sinking money into Chelsea and Chelsea are just not big enough to make the income to compete with the big European clubs.

Now the pursestrings tightening. I see Bridge gone, they better hope Ashley Cole don't get injured otherwise it is Ferreira (A 16M pound waster fighting up at left-back)

Has the Chelsea dream gone sour for absent Abramovich?

Where once he was passionate, the owner seems struck by ennui at the club's questionable progress

Roman Abramovich at the opening of Chelsea's new Cobham training facilities in 2007, but the Russian's big spending habits look to be over. Photograph: Ian Walton/Getty Images

At Chelsea even frugality costs the earth. Roman Abramovich was some £600m out of pocket before it became indisputable that he would insist on the club living within its means. The owner is not expected to attend the match at Manchester United tomorrow and some suppose he would absent himself entirely from the Premier League scene if there was anyone around still capable of making an attractive bid for Chelsea. This is an Abramovich subdued by experience.

The Russian was once so much a serial attender of games that he might have passed for a groundhopper. Nowadays he keeps his distance. The manager Luiz Felipe Scolari is adamant that Abramovich is "still committed" but it is not an opinion built on prolonged acquaintance with the proprietor since his summer arrival.

"Until now I have only spoken with Roman three or four times," he said, "I think this is normal. I don't know what Roman is thinking about the club, and I don't ask." Scolari also remarked that his post-match duties with the media allow him scant time to chew the fat with Abramovich. "For me," he said, "it makes no difference."

It is not, in truth, any kind of crisis. The club will be an attractive asset whenever the economy next has an irrational upsurge. Abramovich, in addition, has had a break-even target of 2010 and, with turnover leaping by 25% to £190m in the most recent accounts, the business is far from moribund.

Back in 2003, however, he was not dispassionate. The price for buying Chelsea, including the debt he inherited, was £140m. He was far from subdued by that, yet the excitement was his outdoing. Abramovich is not the first new owner to embark proudly on a spree, but the scale of it continues to look dumbfounding. His time at Chelsea has been conducted in the wrong order. Rather than reaching a great conclusion after prudent beginnings, he has followed the reverse course. Sanity has come belatedly to a man who looks faintly chastened.

Football histories will always record the epic fiascos. Juan Sebastian Veron, whose value had dropped by a half in two years at Manchester United, was bought by Chelsea, where he became all but worthless within a couple of years? That was the epitome of folly, but it also tends to divert attention from the persistent illogicality of even routine transactions.

Chelsea, with Wayne Bridge on the books, had no need for another international left-back, but they still bought Asier del Horno from Athletic Bilbao for £8m in 2005. When he was offloaded a year later his price had dropped by 40%, but it felt petty to ponder such matters. The club did not have profit in mind then and it was a landmark for Abramovich's Chelsea this week when the maximum value was realised on Bridge, sold for £12m to Manchester City. The mantle of exorbitance had also changed hands.

City are actually lagging slightly behind Abramovich, although that could be corrected at any moment. He had no sooner arrived than £100m had left the coffers as Chelsea bought Veron, Bridge, Adrian Mutu, Claude Makelele, Damien Duff, Joe Cole, Geremi and Hernan Crespo. The club was hell-bent on glory and if there were trophies to count then the cost could be reckoned later.

This worked in a histrionic fashion once Jose Mourinho was the manager. There were consecutive Premier League titles, but the Portuguese was also a turbulent employee. The definitive breach came not with a hapless defeat, but following a drab draw with Rosenborg that was no impediment to Chelsea's advance in the Champions League.

So boisterous and truculent an employee is only tolerated so long as he succeeds. Pat Nevin, the Chelsea winger of the 1980s, points out that efforts had already been made to curb Mourinho. Avram Grant, who would replace Mourinho as manager, had been named director of football three months before Rosenborg . The Portuguese was also unhappy to have Frank Arnesen encroaching on his territory when the latter was prised away from Tottenham to become Chelsea's director of youth development.

"They tried to wrest some power back from Mourinho," Nevin says of the Stamford Bridge hierarchy. He knows, too, that Chelsea did not have to fear confrontation when they appointed Scolari last summer. "He would be mad to do that," say Nevin. "What happened to the last guy that did it? If someone is seen as a dominant person then once he is gone the club will say that they still want a big character, but with a smaller power base. That's normal and it happens at other clubs."

Financially and emotionally, Abramovich would like to regularise Chelsea's affairs. He himself has literally distanced himself as typified by tomorrow's match. The seething conjecture about which person had been the motivating force behind any specific transfer is over. Whatever else is said, Scolari must have been at ease with the summer signings of Deco and Jose Bosingwa. They were respectively members of the full national team and the Under-21 side when he was manager of Portugal.

The trouble with the influx of common sense at Stamford Bridge is that it does not hold out a convincing promise of success. Scolari underlined the limitations recently when he noted that the then-injured Florent Malouda was the only left-sided player he had for the left flank. He was too shrewd to agree yesterday when asked if Manchester United had a better balanced squad, but said, "They choose their players very well and have a good balance, yes."

It was up to his audience to decide whether a contrast was being made. Only a blinkered diehard, though, would profess himself overjoyed by the options when, for instance, the candidates for the forward line comprise Nicolas Anelka and the sometimes truculent Didier Drogba. Such subjects surely add to Abramovich's consternation. After all the sums expended, it was bemusing to find the midfielder Michael Essien at right-back in the Moscow loss to Manchester United last year.

If Abramovich, in his exasperated moments, despairs of shaping Chelsea satisfactorily, the desire to step back is comprehensible. It is presumed, as well, that he has been hurt by the financial crisis, although the recent estimate of his reduced wealth at £7bn did not inspire outpourings of pity. The main question in his mind must have concern the sense of making further investments in the club when the return, in terms of trophies, has disappeared since 2007.

Alternative strategies have run aground. Youth development, unpredictable at any time, has disappointed at Chelsea. Tom Taiwo, for instance, was one of two youngsters who cost the club £5m in compensation after they had been taken from Leeds United in 2005. This season the midfielder spent a month with Port Vale, who then chose not to extend the loan period.

Chelsea can still perform well and could do so again tomorrow at Old Trafford, but there is nothing relentless about them any more. The Scolari system, where the full-backs alone offer real width, is no longer a surprise to opponents . "I enjoy Scolari's system more than Mourinho's by quite a distance," said Nevin, "but whether it is going to be more productive or successful is seriously open to question."

Nevin sees the difficulty in Chelsea's change of gear. "They wanted to build a world club and a world brand," he said. There's only one way of doing that and that's through success. But if you then ask for a period of normality as well then those two things are mutually exclusive."

The signing of Robinho would have given Chelsea the extra source of speed and flair that is absent from the flanks, but it is understandable that Abramovich would not enter an auction with Manchester City. At the moment circumspection is the key. When the Stamford Bridge club does return to the transfer market, potential sellers will at last believe that there are clear limits to the fee that can be set. Chelsea will no longer pay any price.

Abramovich is putting Chelsea on to a rational footing, but it cannot inspire him or revive the passion that was once so obvious in him. He has a club that is inching towards stability and, conceivably, sellability, but it cannot bring him the joy he once felt when the team was dominant and overjoyed fans sang the Russian song Kalinka in his honour
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
Why was Avram Grant replaced with that idiot Scholari....? Why?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2009, 09:40:07 AM »
Why was Avram Grant Jose Mourinho replaced with that idiot Scholari Avram Grant....? Why?

Ah fix it fuh yuh!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
Grant is a real bobolee yes.

He didn't get any credit for taking "Mourinho's team" to a CL final last year but he getting blamed for this Chelsea team.

Anyway I just see that Drogba get dropped for today's game and Scolari say that he gave Drogba a chance but he going with Anelka from here on.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:50:29 AM by JDB »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2009, 09:53:25 AM »
but allyuh at least have to see the difference here...

A big club prises Real Madrid's best players (Robinho) away from them and makes them struggle to keep hold.

A feeder club struggles to keep their best players (Ronaldo) from being prised away by Real Madrid.

;)

I was just going through the thread and saw this.

Funny how quick things change. No Robinho for Chelsea and Ronaldo still at United.

Hmmmn

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
Grant is a real bobolee yes.

He didn't get any credit for taking "Mourinho's team" to a CL final last year but he getting blamed for this Chelsea team.

Anyway I just see that Drogba get dropped for today's game and Scolari say that he gave Drogba a chance but he going with Anelka from here on.

How is he getting blamed for this Chelsea team, JDB? 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

A big club prises Real Madrid's best players (Robinho) away from them and makes them struggle to keep hold.

A feeder club struggles to keep their best players (Ronaldo) from being prised away by Real Madrid.

;)

Funny how quick things change. No Robinho for Chelsea and Ronaldo still at United.

Hmmmn

lol.. outside with that nuh man.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
Well maybe I read yuh wrong but the original question was a valid one. Grant had the team running better than Scolari.

He also did better in his year there than Mourinho did in the previous year so I don't see how the Mourinho question still coming up.

Anyway the Chelsea problem is bigger than who the manager is. The people running the club at the top make poor football decisions

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »

;)

Hmmmn

lol.. outside with that nuh man.

I twisting the knife this week. No mercy for allyuh Chelsea 4kars.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2009, 10:42:56 AM »
Well maybe I read yuh wrong but the original question was a valid one. Grant had the team running better than Scolari.

He also did better in his year there than Mourinho did in the previous year so I don't see how the Mourinho question still coming up.

Anyway the Chelsea problem is bigger than who the manager is. The people running the club at the top make poor football decisions

Chelsea problem is they trying to play too much like that forkin shit side Arsenal.. A setta pretty small touch but no end product, no steel, no lion belly..

It seems like the winning mentality is being eroded gradually and we lacking the focus and the ability to withstand pressure in fixtures. Also, from the murmurings, it seems like the intensity in training and attention to detail is way below what it was in previous campaigns.. All this has to be laid directly at the feet of the manager..

From appearances it seems to me that Scolari is being too much of a nice guy and being too influencable which is as much a shock to me as his command of the English language. I see he talking after the Man Utd game about changing the set piece marking from man to zone and changing this and that like he panicking.. Come nuh man, we half way through the season, them things need to be ironed out by now. Now is not the time to be experimenting when you supposed to be taking the car into 4th gear.

Scolari need to rein in the ship and lay down the law and fast. I actually like the Drogba decision today because he not showing the heart for the battle. Is a decision like this that need to come about to let the dressing room know that no one is untouchable.

Hopefully the Man Utd loss will wake them up and let them know what time it is.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »

I think you did read me wrong, only because I left my "correction" without comment.  Ah chookin' fire, like you.  It is my contention that the Chelsea higher-ups (a fraternity that Grant was a member of, and was as equally responsible for Jose's expulsion, IMHO) are responsible for what has been happening to the team the past two seasons.  Jose came in and injected a winning mentality in the team and all the Chelsea fans were happy.  Sure he didn't take them to a CL final/title in his first two years as head coach, but only the greediest and most impatient of fans would gripe about that.  I ain't one of them fans who feel their team has to win everything all at once (unless is Brazil we talkin' 'bout) and I was willing to give Jose some time and even let him go through a dry spell or two to win it all.  Yes, Grant took "Mourinho's men" to the final and that is undeniable.  He did.  Don't think he was right for the team in the long run, I could have been wrong.  I really thought that, with all his experience, Big Phil would have been a great replacement, for Grant and maybe even for Jose.....seems I'm definitely wrong on that one so far.  Bottom line is, Abramovic/AbramoGrant should have left well enough alone and let Mourinho do his thing.......even if it meant a "losing" season or two.  ..............hence my fixin' Forever Trini's question.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:15:38 AM by Mango Chow! »

giggsy11

« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »

Chelsea problem is they trying to play too much like that forkin shit side Arsenal.. A setta pretty small touch but no end product, no steel, no lion belly..

It seems like the winning mentality is being eroded gradually and we lacking the focus and the ability to withstand pressure in fixtures. Also, from the murmurings, it seems like the intensity in training and attention to detail is way below what it was in previous campaigns.. All this has to be laid directly at the feet of the manager..

From appearances it seems to me that Scolari is being too much of a nice guy and being too influencable which is as much a shock to me as his command of the English language. I see he talking after the Man Utd game about changing the set piece marking from man to zone and changing this and that like he panicking.. Come nuh man, we half way through the season, them things need to be ironed out by now. Now is not the time to be experimenting when you supposed to be taking the car into 4th gear.

Scolari need to rein in the ship and lay down the law and fast. I actually like the Drogba decision today because he not showing the heart for the battle. Is a decision like this that need to come about to let the dressing room know that no one is untouchable.

Hopefully the Man Utd loss will wake them up and let them know what time it is.

Chelski's problem is they have no speed, no wingers, one forward and one plan.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »
Southend score  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2009, 02:33:16 PM »
steups...

down 1-0 to Southend, another goal from a set piece!  >:(

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2009, 02:35:15 PM »
steups...

Zonal marking is a bitch.

Chelsea will probably win this game but it real funny to see them fight up like this.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
chelsea still eh get over de raping by manchester. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

giggsy11

« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2009, 02:54:16 PM »
Ah feel Ballack does wear ah mask when he dos cash his paycheck!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
What a chance for Southend to double their lead! Anthony Grant darts down the right and whips in a fine cross, which Alex Revell heads straight at Cech from close-range, who makes a smart point-blank stop!

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
I agree with d coach...some men not givin 100% for whateva reason. Men like Bosingwa and Deco not lookin anything like d beginnin of d season

Ballack goal right on d half
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »
shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
steups...

Zonal marking is a bitch.

Chelsea will probably win this game but it real funny to see them fight up like this.

I now understand how Baecelona feel in that CL game last year.

I feel it have men want Scolari fired....is real shyte going on. But we play rel football in the last 5.

1]; } ?>