March 28, 2024, 08:18:12 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624541 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »
Kalou 2-1

Chelsea to good.....even for themselves.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:25 PM »
3-1 now.

Crick crack...

Monkey break he back, like a piece ah pommerac.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
The ref just give ah offside that would have been 4-1 and is not ah offside.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
What a combo for the 4th...easy as pie on the finish for Frank.

Chelsea 4 - Southend 1

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »
The ref just give ah offside that would have been 4-1 and is not ah offside.

oho....same thing happen on sunday boy in that game that Man Utd Play against some shit team............

:devil: :devil: :devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
Amazing character shown by Chelsea in their comeback win against Stoke 2-1

I think this win may have saved Scolari his job (though I don't agree it shoulda been questioned).

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
ah know allyuh haters was clearing allyuh throat, but the fat lady get lock out of stamford bridge. :devil:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2009, 11:05:44 AM »
what a finish!!!

That Miroslav S. kid have pace for days!!

could this be the end of Drogba?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
ah know allyuh haters was clearing allyuh throat, but the fat lady get lock out of stamford bridge. :devil:

Dat was ah finish  ;D

Release she for the liverfool game nah  :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »

I think this win may have saved Scolari his job (though I don't agree it shoulda been questioned).

I didn't think they had it in them.  I thought for sure this was a 3-point setback.  Ashley Cole and Alex did a terrible job of defending on that goal they conceded and every ball put in Stoke 18 was being fought for/played/won by a Stoke player only! Defending to their death, if necessary. No creativity in attacking midfield (ah STILL waiting fuh Chelsea to be smart and let Mikel handle some of that responsibility!) and poor finishing up front. And Big Phil start making the "questionable" substitutions that worked out just fine in the end!  I always find Lampard is an overrated player, but he has an intangible and unquestionable value to this team.  One point wasn't going to be enough today, so, my hat's off to him.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:13 AM »
what a finish!!!

Drogba trying to be like T.O., and wants all the attention, wants to be a drama queen.  That's fine, but he has to be like T.O. all the way and go out and be the best player on the field in his position and leave every possible effort to win the game for your team on the field.  All this BS he want to play, pouting and preening on the sidelines and  in the media.....Big Phil has every right to bench exclude him. 

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
(ah STILL waiting fuh Chelsea to be smart and let Mikel handle some of that responsibility!)

I hoping for Essien to come back, so that we don't need to rely on Mikel just yet.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
(ah STILL waiting fuh Chelsea to be smart and let Mikel handle some of that responsibility!)

I hoping for Essien to come back, so that we don't need to rely on Mikel just yet.

Essien still not going to provide that creativity, but he will provide drive and steel that has been missing..

Deco and Ballack need to start earning their salaries and Chelsea need to get flexible enough to change the game plan to grind out results with some long ball when teams frustrate the 'joga bonita'.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »
what a finish!!!

Drogba trying to be like T.O., and wants all the attention, wants to be a drama queen.  That's fine, but he has to be like T.O. all the way and go out and be the best player on the field in his position and leave every possible effort to win the game for your team on the field.  All this BS he want to play, pouting and preening on the sidelines and  in the media.....Big Phil has every right to bench exclude him. 

LOL!! That allegory couldn't be more appropriate .... you talking to a big EAGLES fan.
At least Drogba ain't start crying about his QB, or doing pushups in his driveway.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »

Essien still not going to provide that creativity, but he will provide drive and steel that has been missing..

Deco and Ballack need to start earning their salaries and Chelsea need to get flexible enough to change the game plan to grind out results with some long ball when teams frustrate the 'joga bonita'.

I believe the form that we saw at the beginning of the season wasn't a fluke. It was a confident, inspired team that was executing.
You are right, Essien brings back drive and steel ... but I believe that to be in a very literal sense. The strength and control in his bursts down the middle opens up the play for Deco's deft passes and flicks, and Ballack's technical abilities ... and his strength at the back also gives authority to Cole and Boswinga to patrol the flanks and overlap without much concern at the back.

I believe Mikel can be better utilised off the bench, entering the game in the early second half to sure up the midfield.

For Chelsea to be in this position with J. Cole, Terry or Essien is not that bad as it currently seems. The season is long from over, and at least it seems that will be a three horse race at least.
Even Villa with their flukey win today is keeping pace.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »

Trust when I tell you, acb, Mikel can be a very, very creative midfielder and can do a whole lot more for Chelsea than they seem to typecasting him to do.  Omar is right about Essien.  He is supposed to be a steel sword that can be brandished from defence to midfield, something that Ballack is supposed to be a bit of himself, but he chooses to just be a lazy, laid-back kinda bully on the field.  I am guessing that the physical nature of the epl is what might have Deco not playing at HIS best, combined with the fact that Chelsea is also a little too methodical for his style of play to be as effective as it can be.    

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
two claps fuh that come back

seems thats how chelsea remeber they playing football and start acting liek some of the highest paid and valued players

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2009, 01:38:24 PM »
Cole out for rest of the season

LONDON (AFP)

Chelsea winger Joe Cole will miss the rest of the season after surgery on a ruptured cruciate knee ligament on Saturday.

Cole suffered the injury in Wednesday's FA Cup third round replay win at Southend and was initially expected to be out for at least eight weeks.

But the England star underwent reconstructive surgery on Saturday and has no chance of recovering before the end of the season.

Cole's absence is another blow for Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari, whose squad has been ravaged by injury problems this season.

"I am very sad for Joe to have suffered this injury and I am disappointed to have lost a very important player for me and the club at such a vital moment in the competition," Scolari told Chelsea's website.

"However, I believe that with his spirit, Joe will come back to Chelsea even better than before."

Cole's injury also rules him out of England's friendlies against Spain and Slovakia, as well as their World Cup qualifier against Ukraine at Wembley in April and the June qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra.

Chelsea and England captain John Terry added: "We're all behind Coley to get fit as soon as possible. He's going to be a big miss for us and I keep on saying he's the one who really opens things up in tight moments.

"He did it again on Wednesday against Southend. What a pass he produced for Salomon Kalou's goal.

"We're all gutted for him and we know how much it means to him to be playing.

"No-one will be more hurt at missing games through injury. But one thing we all know is that he'll work just as hard off the pitch to get fit as he does on it."

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »

Ballack is bust...He needs to hang it up.

I think Deco has played well- he's the only Chelsea player who has has eyes all around his head, and his passes have been sublime on occasion.  When he limped off hurt against Man U, the difference in Chelsea's play was so notable.  It was notable again today.  A creative midfielder is only as dynamic as the forwards making the runs in front of him- and that is where I think it breaks down.  Anelka, while he has hit the net a bunch this season hasn't really looked that sharp, and well we all know the story with DD.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2009, 04:27:33 PM »

I didn't think they had it in them.  I thought for sure this was a 3-point setback.  Ashley Cole and Alex did a terrible job of defending on that goal they conceded and every ball put in Stoke 18 was being fought for/played/won by a Stoke player only! Defending to their death, if necessary. No creativity in attacking midfield (ah STILL waiting fuh Chelsea to be smart and let Mikel handle some of that responsibility!) and poor finishing up front. And Big Phil start making the "questionable" substitutions that worked out just fine in the end!  I always find Lampard is an overrated player, but he has an intangible and unquestionable value to this team.  One point wasn't going to be enough today, so, my hat's off to him.  

Congrats dey Chow, yuh still have a team tuh folow in they EPl this season. Ah beggin yuh not tuh give up on dem, dey need all the support dey can get.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2009, 10:55:35 PM »

Congrats dey Chow, yuh still have a team tuh folow in they EPl this season. Ah beggin yuh not tuh give up on dem, dey need all the support dey can get.

Watch Scolari unleash this team in the home stretch. If you think the start of the season was great, watch the ending

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »

Well-fought, well-deserved victory... I was ready to celebrate.

Hard luck Joe Cole... Chelsea's most consistent player.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:01:47 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2009, 03:08:53 AM »
news?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article5537222.ece

From The Sunday Times
January 18, 2009
Abramovich wants to sell Chelsea

John Waples, Business Editor

ROMAN Abramovich, the Russian billionaire, has been taking soundings over selling Chelsea football club to Gulf Arabs.

Representatives of the oligarch have travelled to Saudi Arabia and Dubai to elicit interest in the club, Gulf sources have told The Sunday Times.

At least one of the meetings was with members of the Saudi royal family. There has been no evidence so far of a potential buyer.

The Middle East has become the cash cow for British football teams. Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi, the owner of Manchester City, hopes to sign the Brazilian star Kaka from AC Milan in a deal that could cost up to £243m in payments and salary.
Drogba’s omission fuels the feud with Scolari

Ivory Coast striker left out of squad to face Stoke despite being fully fit as Chelsea manager makes his point

One source said: “Abramovich’s team have been out in the Middle East sounding out what interest there is in buying the club.” Chelsea insisted last night that Abramovich was still fully committed to the club on which he has lavished hundreds of millions of pounds. A Chelsea spokesman said it was “total nonsense” that the Russian was willing to sell the club.

He bought Chelsea for about £60m in 2003, taking over £80m in debts, and has since provided at least £500m in loans to buy new players. Sources say that if Abramovich can recoup his money, he might now be ready to sell after five years in which he turned Chelsea into a Champions League side that has twice won the English Premier League.

Chelsea reached their first Champions League final last season and Abramovich watched as they were beaten in a penalty shoot-out by Manchester United in Moscow in May. He was absent from last weekend’s 3-0 defeat by United, which many feel will pave the way for Chelsea’s rivals to win the Premier League for a third successive year.

Yesterday he left his seat at Stamford Bridge with 15 minutes of the game remaining with Chelsea losing 1-0 at home to lowly Stoke. It took two late goals to secure victory.

City sources believe it would cost at least £800m to buy out Abramovich when the “going rate” for a Champions League side is about £500m. Mansour was able to snap up Manchester City for about £200m.

Abramovich’s wealth has fallen sharply in the down-turn. Philip Beresford, who compiles The Sunday Times Rich List, conservatively estimates that Abramovich has lost £3 billion from his £11.7 billion fortune.

City experts question whether he may have a short-term problem with liquidity and needs cash. Some of Chelsea’s superstars are paid £120,000 a week.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:40 AM »

Chelsea star charged by police over drink driving

John Mikel Obi has been charged with suspected drink-driving, hours before Chelsea's FA Cup match against Ipswich.

The Nigeria midfielder is in hot water.

The 21-year-old was stopped by police at 5.30am on Saturday, after being seen driving his Range Rover "erratically" near his club's ground in London's Fulham Road.

Later the same day, Chelsea beat Ipswich 3-1 in the fourth round - although Mikel was not part of the squad.

The Nigerian midfielder has since been charged and will appear in court on April 3.

He faces a year's driving ban or a jail term if the offence is deemed exceptionally serious.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=612889&sec=england&cc=3888

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2009, 09:06:17 AM »
Chelsea future in doubt as pressure grows on Abramovich finances

• Chelsea owner sells £49m worth of shares for £12m
• Suggestions that Abramovich is suffering liquidity problems
Duncan Castles

The Observer, Sunday 25 January 2009

Roman Abramovich's decision to sell mining shares suggests he might have liquidity problems.

Doubts over Roman Abramovich's financial circumstances have been fuelled by the Chelsea owner's decision to cut his stake in a Russian gold-mining company at a substantial loss. Abramovich has sold a quarter of his 40% stake in London-listed Highland Gold to business partners this month for about £12m. The shares cost Abramovich £49.1m when he bought in 13 months ago.

City experts have expressed surprise that the Russian would sell shares when their price was close to a market low yet expected to recover in the medium term. They argue that the raising of the relatively small sum of £12m suggests that Abramovich may be suffering liquidity problems, with much of his wealth tied up in shares that have fallen sharply in value, property and art.

Abramovich's representatives deny that he has difficulties with liquidity, saying that the transfer of stock to Alexander Abramov and Alexander Frolov was designed to bring the pair's expertise in directing mining companies into Highland Gold. Abramov and Frolov are co-investors in Abramovich's most important stockmarket holding, Evraz, which has suffered a still steeper decline in market value over the past 12 months.

They also insist that a series of cutbacks in Chelsea's expenditure documented by the Observer are unconnected to Abramovich's finances. Instead, they should be seen as a ­business-like response to the recession, as Chelsea attempt to wean themselves off their owner's substantial support by 2010. According to Chelsea's last published accounts for the year to July 2007 the club were running £83.6m in the red. At that point they also owed Abramovich £578m in interest-free loans, repayable on a year-and-a-half's notice.

The club has been sensitive to discussion of Abramovich's finances. In November, the chief scout Frank Arnesen angered the owner by stating in an interview with a Danish newspaper that: "The credit crisis has meant that Roman has hit the financial brakes, and asked us to cut deep. We have cut down significantly on scouts and other activities." Last week, Chelsea issued a libel action against a national newspaper for alleging that Abramovich was seeking a buyer for the club, and that there has been an attempted clampdown on employees ­discussing club affairs with the press.

Luiz Felipe Scolari could have Michael Essien back in time for the second leg of his critical Champions League knockout tie with Juventus.

Essien, whom Scolari regards as so important to his squad he has said "I lost five players when I lost Essien", resumed training outdoors last week as part of his rehabilitation from knee surgery. The versatile Ghana midfielder is expected to return to first-team duty in six-to-eight weeks. If he continues his rapid recovery from the anterior cruciate ligament operation he underwent in September, Essien will be available for Chelsea's game in Italy on 10 March.

Essien has played in every defensive and midfield position during his three- and-a-half seasons at Chelsea. His return will allow Scolari more tactical flexibility, while relieving the weight of playing an entire campaign as holding midfielder from the developing John Obi Mikel.

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has admitted he could yet put in bids for Didier Drogba or Jermaine Jenas before the transfer window shuts. Mourinho's Inter are top of Serie A and, while the former Chelsea boss admits he is happy enough with his current squad, he is keeping tabs on the availability of both Drogba and Jenas.

"Jermaine Jenas and Didier Drogba – these are both players that I like. Drogba is a very special player for me, there is no doubt about it. We had a great relationship at Chelsea and he was an important player for me. Will something happen? I don't know. I like players adapted to my style of play, my philosophy of play. If I know them and have a good feeling from the past, it is better."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:08:14 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2009, 09:38:16 AM »
CCCP...ONCE HUGE...NOW GONE
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
allyuh go ahead and speculate that Roman going to sell the club.

papers get sued for them lies last week.
... and allyuh done know the power of the forum.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2009, 10:31:29 AM »
allyuh go ahead and speculate that Roman going to sell the club.

papers get sued for them lies last week.
... and allyuh done know the power of the forum.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29012009/58/premier-league-fa-investigate-kalou-celbration.html

Premier League - FA to investigate Kalou celbration
Eurosport - Thu, 29 Jan 19:29:00 2009

The FA have confirmed they will examine video footage of Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou's 'handcuff' goal celebration against Middlesbrough.

Kalou struck twice, in the 58th and 81st minutes, to lift Chelsea into second place in the Barclays Premier League table and leave Middlesbrough entrenched in the bottom three.

But the striker celebrated both goals by crossing his wrists and was joined in doing so by Ivory Coast team-mate Didier Drogba.

Chelsea swiftly denied there was any political motivation behind Kalou's gesture and insisted he was not showing support for the recently-freed Ivory Coast activist Antoine Assale Tiemoko.

An FA spokesman confirmed: "We are going to look at the relevant footage."

Tiemoko was released from a one-year prison sentence last month after being convicted of 'libelling the prosecutor's office' and being in contempt of court.

He was arrested in December 2007 after the country's daily paper, Le Nouveau Reveil, published his opinion piece on judicial corruption. But Kalou denied he even knows Tiemoko.

"People are always going to think there is something in what you do, but it didn't mean anything," said Kalou.

"I was just happy. I don't even know the guy - it has nothing to do with football. It wasn't for him, I don't know him so I don't know why I should celebrate for him?"

Earlier, a spokesperson for Chelsea said: "Salomon says there was nothing in it. He was just trying out a new celebration and it was a crossing of the arms. He also sometimes puts his hand over his face like a mask."

The FA could decide to ask the player for his reasoning behind the gesture, but with Kalou having already denied it was politically motivated it is unlikely any further action would be taken.

The FA have been quick to clamp down on controversial gestures, with Ipswich's David Norris fined £5,000 last year for making the same gesture in support of former Plymouth team-mate Luke McCormick, who was jailed for seven years and four months after causing the death by dangerous driving of two young brothers.

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill also used a 'handcuff' celebration last March, following his goal against Portsmouth. It was dedicated to his jailed older brother, Sean, who received a six-year sentence for kicking a man during a fight.

FIFA banned players from making any political statements or protests on the pitch in July 2002 after Liverpool stars had worn T-shirts in a show of support for striking dockers.

Kalou's double lifted Chelsea into second in the table and they travel to face third-placed Liverpool on Sunday with the striker convinced that the Reds are in the midst of a rocky patch.

"The Premier League is strong and you can never say it's over," said Kalou. "Every team is going to have bad moments. We have had our bad moment, Liverpool are having theirs now, maybe it will be Manchester United's turn soon.

"We have to be focused, try to win our games and hope the others have their bad moments.

"Liverpool came to Stamford Bridge and ended our record - we have the possibility on Sunday to go there and put the record straight. We know we can do that - I believe in the team.

"People are always saying we don't do well against the big four, but this is the occasion to put things right and get a good result."

TeamTalk / Eurosport

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »
1856: Transfer snap: Chelsea have signed Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma on loan from Italian giants Inter Milan until the end of the season.    ;D

1]; } ?>