March 29, 2024, 02:27:01 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624599 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
Interested to see Chelsea play against somebody good....

:rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

giggsy11

« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »

I waitin to see how they make out to. Has any team gotten a softer sched to start a season? Roman grease some palms or something?

giggsy11

« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »
Loan recalls not an option for Blues

Updated: September 12, 2009, 10:26 AM EDT 13 comments

FIFA have told Chelsea they cannot recall any players currently away from the club on season-long loans under the terms of their transfer ban.

It is another body blow for the English club, who were banned from signing any new players during the next two transfer windows when FIFA found them guilty of inducing teenager Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens two years ago.

Although the Blues intend to appeal against the punishment, coach Carlo Ancelotti was hoping to minimise the damage by recalling England Under-21 defender Michael Mancienne from Wolves, forward Scott Sinclair from Wigan and Argentinian striker Franco di Santo from Blackburn.

Di Santo can return to Stamford Bridge, as his agreement was only for half the season. But Sinclair's was for the full season and in Mancienne's case, FIFA will have to rule on whether an "emergency release clause" can be applied.

"If it's a season-long loan, it cannot be terminated in order to bring players back," said a FIFA spokesman.

The club expect to hear from the sport's world governing body in the next 10 days with their full reasoning behind the transfer ban.

The Blues then have 21 days to respond. Should their appeal fail, and further injuries occur in the next few months, they could be left short of players, particularly with the expected loss of Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel and Salomon Kalou to the African Nations Cup in January.

Ancelotti is hoping that by the turn of the year he will have both Paulo Ferreira and Joe Cole, currently sidelined with knee injuries, back in action.

"We have very good players and Joe Cole, a very important player for us, will be ready by then," said Ancelotti.

"We didn't think we would bring any new players in during January, even before this (ban) happened."

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

Dont get tie up...this year's Chelsea team is the best team we've had since we last won the title. They system Ancelotti has them playin is awesome. And IMO, the system suits Chelsea so well that, with the exception of Deco and Carvalho, they have arguably the best player in the Premiership in each starting position.

Chelsea - Man U - Nov 8th - it will be a blowout.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2009, 03:33:49 PM »

Dont get tie up...this year's Chelsea team is the best team we've had since we last won the title. They system Ancelotti has them playin is awesome. And IMO, the system suits Chelsea so well that, with the exception of Deco and Carvalho, they have arguably the best player in the Premiership in each starting position.

Just curious as to how they will look against some quality opposition...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2009, 03:40:37 PM »
Terry punched me in kidneys: Croatia's Klasnic

LONDON (AFP) – Croatia striker Ivan Klasnic has accused England captain John Terry of punching him in the kidneys during Wednesday's World Cup qualifier.

Terry claimed Klasnic spat at him during the closing stages of England's 5-1 win at Wembley and the Croatian has responded with an allegation of his own.

Klasnic had a double kidney transplant in 2007 and the forward, currently on loan at Bolton from Nantes, feels Terry was deliberately trying to cause damage to that area.

"He hit me with a fist exactly in the place where I've been operated," he told The Sun.

"I was lucky to be wearing a protective belt. He is the first player who has tried to hit me with purpose in the kidney. He insulted me first then hit me.

"And now he has accused me of spitting at him? I didn't do it.

"We spoke after the final whistle and I thought we sorted everything out, but obviously not so."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090911/sp_soccer_afp/fblwc2010eurengcroterryklasnic_20090911112113

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »

Just curious as to how they will look against some quality opposition...

We steppin it up dis week...Tuesday we bussin up Porto, den Spurs on d weekend  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 12, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
2-1 Chelsea-Stoke..

were top of the table. as expected  ;D

nice comeback from d blues. we have a habit of winnin games in extra time boy  :-\

Stoke do some mess... yuh can't sit back and concede possession to a quality side like Chelsea and not expect to pay for it eventually.  Great turn and one time strike by Drogba... nice unselfishness by Anelka to set up the winning tally.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2009, 11:22:08 AM »
Porto time to get ah dread sweat today!!  No Bosingwa and Drgba but is lixx all de same.  Now ah hope Ivanovic eh do shit like he have ah tendancy to do nah.  He does ha my heart beatin fast when he under defensive pressha!!  Ah feel Ballack and Anelka go distribute de poison ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 20, 2009, 11:00:04 AM »

watching?

4-3 might be exciting for the fans, but say what....3-0 and we didnt even hit top gear. Champions  :beermug:

We might struggle without Drogba though.

At leat Joe Cole and Zhirkov are back 2 facilitate a decent 4-5-1, cuz Kalou is a shite replacement.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 20, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
big team, is big team  :beermug:

3-0 in dey pweffen!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #431 on: September 20, 2009, 11:30:41 AM »

3-0 in dey pweffen!

:beermug:

big team could win on dey own accord - dey doh need refs to give them extra time on top of the extra time.

Ref in Chelsea game could justify 8 mins of ET - afterall, he indicated and played the 8 mins.
Ref in Man U game cannot justify the 4 mins of ET that he allow to run to 6/7.

Interesting next couple days in EPL/ FA offices.

I hope it have no English Refs in the World Cup.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 20, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »

3-0 in dey pweffen!

:beermug:

big team could win on dey own accord - dey doh need refs to give them extra time on top of the extra time.

Ref in Chelsea game could justify 8 mins of ET - afterall, he indicated and played the 8 mins.
Ref in Man U game cannot justify the 4 mins of ET that he allow to run to 6/7.

Interesting next couple days in EPL/ FA offices.

I hope it have no English Refs in the World Cup.

I really wish they would just improve their quality!!  Howard Webb, who is so regarded by many (not me) to be the best referee in the epl, I think had a shady game today again.   He missed some obvious calls against both teams, the most obvious one being the hand ball against Spurs that wasn't called.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 20, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
He missed some obvious calls against both teams, the most obvious one being the hand ball against Spurs that wasn't called.   

Chow, check this. There were some very marginal calls - especially in the Chelsea penalty box, that had it been called as a penalty - not even the most biased of supporters could have argued against it.

But was that handball a make-up call, and if so, it would be ridiculous.

The thing is, the call was made. A corner was given - so the referee had to admit to himself that there was a deflection by the Spurs man.
If the referee is saying that it was a deflection but not a handball - he is plain lying.
If the referee says that it was an inadvertant handball, that is also pure BS, because the defender purposefully put him hand up in the air to strike the ball.

The referee cannot pardon himself in this situation.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 20, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
He missed some obvious calls against both teams, the most obvious one being the hand ball against Spurs that wasn't called.   

Chow, check this. There were some very marginal calls - especially in the Chelsea penalty box, that had it been called as a penalty - not even the most biased of supporters could have argued against it.

The thing is, the call was made. A corner was given - so the referee had to admit to himself that there was a deflection by the Spurs man.
If the referee is saying that it was a deflection but not a handball - he is plain lying.
If the referee says that it was an inadvertant handball, that is also pure BS, because the defender purposefully put him hand up in the air to strike the ball.

acb jed, even the commentators were aghast in asking how in the world he could have possibly missed that call.  The non-call on Keane's attempt at winning a penalty, I felt Keane himself made a mess of that.  Yes there was contact, but football IS a contact sport (as the commentators had quite rightly pointed out themselves at some point during the broadcast) but Keane make a whole full step and then decide to lose his balance.......he would have been better off going down immediately upon contact and I would not have faulted Webb......but how in the world he didn't give jermaine defoe a yellow card following his combined grab-by-the-neck take down of Michael Essien and crunching two-footed dive-in tackle on Drogba is beyond me.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »

That was a blown call... Assou-Koto intentionally extended his hand upwards and over his head... not sure what he was thinking to be honest.

That said, Webb missed a clear penalty when Carvalho tripped Keane from behind and he went down negating a scoring opportunity.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
how in the world he didn't give jermaine defoe a yellow card following his combined grab-by-the-neck take down of Michael Essien and crunching two-footed dive-in tackle on Drogba is beyond me.   

If the ref said he didn't see it, does the FA then intervene during the week - a la Adebayor, and slap Defoe with a suspension?

That was a blown call... Assou-Koto intentionally extended his hand upwards and over his head... not sure what he was thinking to be honest.

That said, Webb missed a clear penalty when Carvalho tripped Keane from behind and he went down negating a scoring opportunity.

I was waiting on the whistle. Very surprised he didn't call that.
A few more like that, and I wouldn't be surprised if you start hearing echoes similar to those at ManU, saying that visiting teams can't get PKs at Stamford Bridge.

The things is, not even Chelsea can get a PK awarded at home.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 20, 2009, 02:29:27 PM »
how in the world he didn't give jermaine defoe a yellow card following his combined grab-by-the-neck take down of Michael Essien and crunching two-footed dive-in tackle on Drogba is beyond me.   

If the ref said he didn't see it, does the FA then intervene during the week - a la Adebayor, and slap Defoe with a suspension?

I was waiting on the whistle. Very surprised he didn't call that.
A few more like that, and I wouldn't be surprised if you start hearing echoes similar to those at ManU, saying that visiting teams can't get PKs at Stamford Bridge.

The things is, not even Chelsea can get a PK awarded at home.

Keane get penalized for being too honest in that instance.

On Defoe, the merits of the claim aside... FA would only step in if there's a case of "violent conduct" would be my guess... not just a common foul... or fowl for the ManU fans scoring at home.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 20, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
I am doubting that's a Pk, but a the same time I am not convinced that it wasn't. Fat I sw there was little to no contact, plus would he have had time to shoot the ball?

I don't know. It's really iffy, need to watch that a few more times.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 20, 2009, 10:52:05 PM »
I am doubting that's a Pk, but a the same time I am not convinced that it wasn't. Fat I sw there was little to no contact, plus would he have had time to shoot the ball?

I don't know. It's really iffy, need to watch that a few more times.

To me, here is where you see so often that there is no honour in this game any more (was there ever any?) Contact does not automatically constitute a foul.  Yes, Carvalho did make "contact" with Keane, but clearly he didn't "trip" him because Keane was more than able to stay on his feet, was he not? Keane then thought to himself "wait nuh, dis man now make contact wit meh....I in de box...lemme go dong now and geh a penalty" but it was too late.  If he woulda made a predetermination, like so many players do nowadays, that he was going to play for and play into the anticipated contact (stretch out a leg, etc. allyuh know wha ah talkin' bout.  Like what rooney do against Arsenal and Eduardo do against Celtic) and gone down immediately, he woulda get de call, no doubt and Webb woulda be correct in giving it.  But, as the commentators said, and some have alluded to here, he was too...."honest."  He wasn't necessarily playing for the contact nor was his brain working fast enough.  For that reason, I think Webb got that call right.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 20, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
     To me, here is where you see so often that there is no honour in this game any more (was there ever any?) Contact does not automatically constitute a foul.  Yes, Carvalho did make "contact" with Keane, but clearly he didn't "trip" him because Keane was more than able to stay on his feet, was he not? Keane then thought to himself "wait nuh, dis man now make contact wit meh....I in de box...lemme go dong now and geh a penalty" but it was too late.  If he woulda made a predetermination, like so many players do nowadays, that he was going to play for and play into the anticipated contact (stretch out a leg, etc. allyuh know wha ah talkin' bout.  Like what rooney do against Arsenal and Eduardo do against Celtic) and gone down immediately, he woulda get de call, no doubt and Webb woulda be correct in giving it.  But, as the commentators said, and some have alluded to here, he was too...."honest."  He wasn't necessarily playing for the contact nor was his brain working fast enough.  For that reason, I think Webb got that call right.   

De real surprise woulda be if yuh did drop yuh fanboy-ism and say it was a missed penalty.  Watch the replay again (with objective eyes this time) and yuh'll see Carvalho clip Keane's right leg, knocking it into the left leg and causing him to stumble.  Not enough to make him actually fall, I agree... but enough to disrupt whatever scoring opportunity he had.

Nuff times de same play would happen in the outfield and even if the man ent fall de ref would look to see if any advantage was lost/gained and award a delayed foul.  The player doesn't have to go down for a foul to be called... all there has to be is enough contact to give the 'fouling' player an advantage by dispossessing the "fouled" player.

But what I know I does only kick ball on Wii...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 21, 2009, 03:47:44 AM »

But what I know I does only kick ball on Wii...

This is the only part of your stupidity that amounts to being worth anywhere near a pint of piss, but it's only worth acknowledging for the length time it takes to flush and wash hands.  Have a few of these  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 26, 2009, 11:15:03 AM »
3 from Wigan?

I guess everyone deserves an off-day. 

But 3?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 26, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
3 from Wigan?

But 3?

Cut arse we get. I think we needed it. Can't play half way saving for another game and expect to beat the team you are playing now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 26, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »
good victory fuh wigan.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 26, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »
3 from Wigan?

But 3?

Kicker, Wigan is a side does always give we a difficult fight going back to their epl debut where Crespo save we ass in the last minute.  If you recall two? seasons ago, it was in Abramogrant's last few games of the season we failed to win a critical game against them and was a major contributor in handing the league over to manu.......Wigan doh like we at all!!    Dey eat we lunch today and hand we de paper bag to trow in de garbage!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Chelsea V Liverpool.
« Reply #446 on: October 03, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »
Ancelotti hopes to break down Redsby RivalsDM

Updated: October 3, 2009, 7:36 AM EDT 7 comments
Carlo Ancelotti believes Liverpool base their game on the defensive, tough-to-beat Italian sides - and he hopes Chelsea can break them down.

Two of the Premier League's big guns square-off at Stamford Bridge on Sunday in Ancelotti's first match against another top-four club since becoming Chelsea boss.

But it will not be the first time he has pitted his wits against Liverpool manager Benitez, who he met twice as coach of AC Milan in the 2005 and 2007 Champions League finals.

In 2005 AC Milan went 3-0 up only for Benitez's Reds to produce a stunning fightback, eventually winning on penalties. The Italian giants then triumphed two years later.

"I don't remember 2005 but I can remember 2007. Rafa only remembers 2005!" said Ancelotti.

"There is no pain in those memories. A difficult moment can teach you to improve.

"We lost an unbelievable game - it was one of the best matches for me when I was at AC Milan.

"It will remain a memory - not a positive one, but not a negative one either.

"It was fantastic for us to have revenge against Liverpool in 2007. We were sure we would win. The score is level between us now."

Ancelotti is full of admiration for Benitez's Liverpool, claiming their style would be at home in Serie A.

Premier League on FSC
 Sun., Oct. 4, 11:00 a.m. (LIVE)-
   Chelsea vs. Liverpool

"Rafa's teams are well organised, especially defensively, and they work very hard to win the ball. I like this kind of work," said the Italian.

"Liverpool are very hard to play against. I think Rafa has looked at a lot of matches in the Italian league.

"At AC Milan it was very hard to beat Liverpool because they don't concede opportunities in defence. I hope it would be easier tomorrow."

During his time at AC Milan, Ancelotti became aware of Fernando Torres - the brilliant Spanish striker who will spearhead Liverpool's assault on Stamford Bridge.

"Torres is fantastic because he is able to score a lot of goals with the head and with both feet. He is the complete striker," he said.

"I like this kind of player. I never tried to sign him for Milan.

"Milan had a good relationship with Atletico Madrid. We changed a lot of players but Fernando was not for sale."
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea V Liverpool.
« Reply #447 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »
BUMP  :)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:14 AM »
Liverpuddle go take this one ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
Liverpuddle go take this one

Dat would be nice   ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>