March 28, 2024, 06:10:29 AM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 624391 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #480 on: October 04, 2009, 02:13:05 PM »

Eto'o score in 2 Champions League finals..

What CL Final Ibrahimovic played in?

Eto'o fed up score in Clasicos..

You sayin Ibrahimovic never score against Milan while playing for Inter?

When Ronaldinho simmer down it was Eto'o and Messi carrying Barca..

Get forkane real!  Ronaldinho...den Messi.  Eto'o never "carry" nobody.

Eto'o carry Mallorca..

Who?  Where?

Ibrahimovic have plenty more to put on he CV to come close.

Like u tryin to be deliberately obtuse or wha?  When BOTH on their best day, Ibrahimovic is better.  Eto'o is more consistent.  Which is why I rate Eto'o as #1 currently and Ibra as 5.  You jes lookin fuh ole talk.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea V Liverpool.
« Reply #481 on: October 04, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
Neither of Drogba or Torres...as wonderful strikers as they are...can touch Eto'o.

And with all of the best strikers in the world ON THEIR BEST DAY, none can touch Ibrahimovic.

Based on finishing ability, strength in the air, pace, power, two footed, & consistency, the top 5 strikers in world football for me right now are:

1 - Eto'o
2 - Drogba
3 - Torres
4 - Luis Fabiano
5 - Ibrahimovic

Yuh could mix up that top 5 in any order yuh won't go wrong....but yuh hadda throw David Villa somewhere in that mix (make it a top 6  ;D)... Because it doh get much better than that inside the 18 yrd box. 

Fuh real.  David Villa is poison.  But it only have room for 5 in a Top 5  8)

Yuh know who ah like BAD BAD....Amauri from Juventus.  Dat SICK sah! 

Right now Di Natale from Udinese is de SUN itself.....9 goals in 7 games?  IN ITALY??  Unheard of!

For me, Villa would head de other 5 in a top 10:

6 - David Villa
7 - Pato
8 - Totti
9 - Amauri
10 - Rooney

I don't know WHY Dunga doh act quick and run out Amauri in a international fuh Brazil!!  ???

In a way...I understand Dunga's predicament.  Yuh have Pato & Nilmar as next after Fabiano.  Nilmar get a chance and score a hat trick against Chile.  Pato is de future if not de now.  Where Amauri fittin een?  Simply too much competition in Brazil.

Pato is not really in d picture, iz Fabiano, Adriano (who is back in form it seems) and Nilmar. Pato is overhyped anyway, he will never (daz right, never) be a star boy like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or Robinho. Never. Hype.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 04, 2009, 02:25:50 PM »
Pato is not really in d picture, iz Fabiano, Adriano (who is back in form it seems) and Nilmar. Pato is overhyped anyway, he will never (daz right, never) be a star boy like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or Robinho. Never. Hype.

I respectfully and heartily disagree.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 04, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
so if liverpool did win allyuh woulda put it in de liverpool thread.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 04, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
so if liverpool did win allyuh woulda put it in de liverpool thread.
I'll give you one guess :whistling:

;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 04, 2009, 06:05:44 PM »
Neither of Drogba or Torres...as wonderful strikers as they are...can touch Eto'o.

And with all of the best strikers in the world ON THEIR BEST DAY, none can touch Ibrahimovic.

Based on finishing ability, strength in the air, pace, power, two footed, & consistency, the top 5 strikers in world football for me right now are:

1 - Eto'o
2 - Drogba
3 - Torres
4 - Luis Fabiano
5 - Ibrahimovic

Yuh could mix up that top 5 in any order yuh won't go wrong....but yuh hadda throw David Villa somewhere in that mix (make it a top 6  ;D)... Because it doh get much better than that inside the 18 yrd box. 

Right now Di Natale from Udinese is de SUN itself.....9 goals in 7 games?  IN ITALY??  Unheard of!

6 - David Villa
7 - Pato
8 - Totti
9 - Amauri
10 - Rooney

I don't know WHY Dunga doh act quick and run out Amauri in a international fuh Brazil!!  ???

he trying to get through to play for Italy

Italy head coach Marcello Lippi has opened the door for Juventus striker Amauri to receive a call-up to his squad.

The Brazilian-born striker is set to be awarded Italian citizenship next month, making him eligible for the Azzurri as he has never appeared for the South Americans.

And Lippi has admitted he will consider calling up Amauri as Italy look to defend their crown as world champions next summer.

The 29-year-old has had successful spells in Serie A with Chievo and Palermo, before moving to Turin last season, scoring 14 times for the Old Lady.

"It's nice that players like Thiago Motta want to play for Italy, but we don't want to form a team of players like this," Lippi told Sky Sport Italia.

"However, the story for Amauri is different as we have been speaking about him for over a year now.

"Will I call him up? We will have to wait and see."

http://www.football.co.uk/juventus/lippi_drops_amauri_italy_hint_291184.shtml
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:10:07 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 04, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »

1 - Eto'o
2 - Drogba
3 - Torres
4 - Luis Fabiano
5 - Ibrahimovic

6 - David Villa
7 - Pato
8 - Totti
9 - Amauri
10 - Rooney

In a way...I understand Dunga's predicament.  Yuh have Pato & Nilmar as next after Fabiano.  Nilmar get a chance and score a hat trick against Chile.  Pato is de future if not de now.  Where Amauri fittin een?  Simply too much competition in Brazil.

Can I ask how Robinho get thrown in with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho (beside the fact that his name begins with R)????

Nilma has an amazing International scoring rate and he looks a player to watch.
PS. You do realize Pato could have been playing in this FIFA WC U20?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 04, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
as far as i see,chelsea,de only threat to united.

As much as I would like to disagree I can't right now... we still having too many issues at the back with a quarter of the scheldule having almost been played.  I won't fault Carra for either goal, but he's a shadow of his former self.  First goal he had Anelka bracketed along with Lucas... pinpoint cross by Drogba to find his team mate.  Could argue for better defense but at some point yuh have to just tip yuh hat to a well-executed play.

Second goal... he got completely undressed by Drogba on the end-line... despite a handful of Drogba's shirt.

Season young still... but we have to get sorted out, and quick.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 04, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »

On his day, Pato is as good as any striker yuh could name...  His decision making and touch is a bit irratic/loose at times, and he doesn't throw his weight around enough in tight situations....so that kills his consistency at times when the game isn't tailored to his obvious strengths...but he has the full package and as he matures it will hopefully all come together- he has both feet, he can head the ball, speed for days and individual dribbling ability...last season he was the hero for Milan and carried them in some crucial games,- believe it or not, he was more dominant than Kaka last season, and carried the scoring load for Milan to get into the Champions' League. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 05, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »

On his day, Pato is as good as any striker yuh could name...  His decision making and touch is a bit irratic/loose at times, and he doesn't throw his weight around enough in tight situations....so that kills his consistency at times when the game isn't tailored to his obvious strengths...but he has the full package and as he matures it will hopefully all come together- he has both feet, he can head the ball, speed for days and individual dribbling ability...last season he was the hero for Milan and carried them in some crucial games,- believe it or not, he was more dominant than Kaka last season, and carried the scoring load for Milan to get into the Champions' League. 

And wha bout dis season  ;)

I guess time will tell whether he can fill R9's boots

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:16 AM »

And wha bout dis season  ;)

I guess time will tell whether he can fill R9's boots

Seems to be having a rocky start to the season, but that looks to be a reflection of bigger problems with the team as a whole...chicken and the egg kinda argument I suppose. 

Not being able to fill R9's boots is no indictment...Ronaldo was the best the world has seen in that position...ever. 

Pato is Pato... and he looks to have what it takes to leave a good mark on the game.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 05, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »

1 - Eto'o
2 - Drogba
3 - Torres
4 - Luis Fabiano
5 - Ibrahimovic

6 - David Villa
7 - Pato
8 - Totti
9 - Amauri
10 - Rooney

Probably not if he stays at Milan, but he's young still - definitely has shown the ability, if not the consistency.

Milan are going nowhere fast though (except perhaps down).

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 07, 2009, 05:36:31 AM »
Drogba urges Chelsea to sign Vieira

Didier Drogba has urged Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti to make a move for ex-Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira in the January transfer window.

The Premier League leaders are unable to bring in new players due to a transfer embargo imposed by FIFA, but should the club's appeal against that ruling be successful, Drogba believes veteran midfielder Vieira should be the frst name on Ancelotti's wish-list.

"It would be a good move for Chelsea to bring Patrick in,'' the Ivory Coast international told the Sun. "Don't forget we are going to miss several players in January, particularly in midfield, because of the African Nations Cup."We played against Vieira last summer and he was very strong.''

It has been reported that Vieira, currently at Inter Milan, is seen by Ancelotti as ideal cover for Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel, who will both be taken out of the equation by African Nations Cup duty.

The 33-year-old Vieira was at Stamford Bridge on Sunday to see Chelsea return to the top of the league with victory over Liverpool

link
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 17, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »
whoopsie

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »
Top of the table again and now Joe Cole is back. Champions  :) :beermug:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

now that we shake off all the blight from 2 weeks ago.. lemme start a table so that we can cross out all the trophies we'll acquire throughout the season...

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

now that we shake off all the blight from 2 weeks ago.. lemme start a table so that we can cross out all the trophies we'll acquire throughout the season...

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions

U forgot to mention the 4-0 the previous Wednesday. And we eh concede a goal at home since day 1 of d season.

Dat was one of de most run-of-the-mill blowouts i have ever seen, we didnt even break a sweat.

On a sour note...based on d few times I've seen him play for us now, Danny Sturridge is lookin like d next...Salomon Kalou  :(

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions

;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions

Doh flash that #5 nah. Remember what happen to that big team last year who was suppose to win 5.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 29, 2009, 03:21:59 AM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions

U forgot to mention the 4-0 the previous Wednesday. And we eh concede a goal at home since day 1 of d season.

Dat was one of de most run-of-the-mill blowouts i have ever seen, we didnt even break a sweat.

On a sour note...based on d few times I've seen him play for us now, Danny Sturridge is lookin like d next...Salomon Kalou  :(

;D  As frustrating as Kalou's play can be at times, his scoring rate ain't too bad yuh know.....so I eh sure dat is quite a sour note for young Sturridge.....give 'im time, he still young.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 31, 2009, 11:27:25 AM »
Another day, another 4-0. Champions  :beermug:

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »
Another day, another 4-0. Champions  :beermug:

big team is big team, yuh know!  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 03, 2009, 10:51:16 AM »
Platini denies conspiracy claims

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10314714/Platini-denies-conspiracy-claims

UEFA president Michel Platini has denied suggestions he did not want Chelsea to make the Champions League final last season.

Some Chelsea fans accused UEFA of a conspiracy against them after their semi-final defeat to Barcelona, alleging Platini wanted to prevent them contesting another all-Premier League showdown against Manchester United.

Platini, though, has denied the allegations.

"Do you think I am so stupid as to ask a referee to make Chelsea not get to the final?" he said.

"I always respect all the players and clubs. I don't interfere. If two English teams are in the final, I have no problem. If it's two Spanish teams, no problem. It's better if not two from the same country but it's not my problem.

"If they get there, they deserve to be there. It is not because I like Barcelona's system (of fan ownership) that I exempt them to go to the final!"

Platini also stressed he is not involved in the process of refereeing appointments and claims he still does not know the identity of Tom Henning Ovrebo, who refereed the semi-final clash.

"When I arrive at a stadium, I don't know the name of the referee," he said. "That's the decision of the independent committee of referees. I was not there at Chelsea. I didn't know the name of the referee and I still don't.

"I don't know whether the referee made a mistake or not. If it was a mistake, I will say 'it's not a mistake' because I have to defend the referees."

Didier Drogba was given a three-game suspension for verbally abusing Ovrebo at the end of their semi-final defeat, but he is expected to return to line up against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night and Platini has backed him to return "better and stronger".

"What I saw on TV was the comportment of Didier," added Platini. "All the TV showed the insult of Drogba, not the decisions.

"I was like Drogba in the past when I saw an injustice as a player. But I don't know Drogba's mind.

"He took the decision that he felt was right for him. He was alone in thinking that.

"Drogba's a good guy. I know him very well. He understands now that he made a mistake. Everybody does. He will come back better, stronger."

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2009, 09:21:34 AM »
time to stock up for de long winter...  :devil: :devil: :devil:

Blues have transfer ban suspended

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/10329016/Blues-have-transfer-ban-suspended

Chelsea will be able to buy in the January transfer window after the CAS suspended their FIFA-imposed transfer ban, pending a final decision.

Ordinal out of range

FIFA banned the Blues from any transfer activity for the next two periods of transfer activity in early September after they were found guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with French club Lens.

Chelsea appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against the punishment and, as part of their appeal, requested the transfer ban be 'stayed' until the case had been dealt with.

A statement from CAS read: "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has granted the request for a stay filed by Chelsea Football Club Ltd and Mr Gael Kakuta in relation to the decision taken by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber on 27 August 2009.

"The FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber imposed, inter alia, a restriction of four months' ineligibility on Mr Gael Kakuta, and Chelsea Football Club Ltd was banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the next two complete, consecutive registration periods. Such sanctions are now stayed until the CAS renders its final decision in this matter."

CAS are not expected to hear the case until the new year, which should leave Chelsea free to buy and sell as normal in January.

CAS confirmed on October 22 they had received an appeal from Chelsea asking for the ban to be stayed.

Immediately after the decision of FIFA's dispute resolution chamber was made public, the London club made clear their intent to appeal against the ban and compensation payments to Lens of almost one million euros, which they described as "disproportionate".

A statement from the club read: "Chelsea will mount the strongest appeal possible following the decision of FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber over Gael Kakuta.

"The sanctions are without precedent to this level and totally disproportionate to the alleged offence and the financial penalty imposed.

"We cannot comment further until we receive the full written rationale for this extraordinarily arbitrary decision."

Lens requested compensation for Kakuta after he signed for Chelsea in the summer of 2008 and FIFA's DRC agreed Chelsea had indeed been guilty of inducing the youngster to break his contract and announced their verdict in a short statement on September 3.

"The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively," said FIFA.

"The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such breach.

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of 780,000 euros, for which the club, Chelsea, is jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the player Gael Kakuta while the club Chelsea is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

"Furthermore, Chelsea, has to pay RC Lens training compensation in the amount of 130,000 euros."

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 08, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »
Just a lil remainder... :devil:

Nov 8th 2009

RK  TEAM P W D L GS GA  W D L GS GA  W D L GS GA  GD Pts
1   Chelsea 12 10 0 2 29 8  6 0 0 16 1  4 0 2 13 7  21 30
2   Arsenal 11 8 1 2 36 14  5 0 0 20 4  3 1 2 16 10  22 25
3   Manchester United 12 8 1 3 23 12  5 1 0 13 7  3 0 3 10 5  11 25
4   Tottenham Hotspur 12 7 1 4 23 17  4 0 2 12 6  3 1 2 11 11  6 22
5   Aston Villa 12 6 3 3 20 12  4 1 1 12 5  2 2 2 8 7  8 21
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 21, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »
5-0 over the weekend
4-0 this afternoon

The Magic No. is  5

;D ;D

Community Shield
Carling Cup
FA Cup
Champions League
League Champions

Another blowout, another shutout, a little help from Sunderlan (thanks m8s), hopefully more help is on the way from Everton.......and everybody else is to watch and wonder!

Dinho....yuh boy Malouda get he braids tighten up because like he know he makin an appearnce on "Goals of the Week" nex' week.   

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 21, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »
Another day, another 4-0. I sure I say dat before  :devil:

The usual champagne football at the Bridge, even without some of the big guns. Two things about the game:

1. Petr Cech made a phenomenal save from a Wolves header in the first half. It was truly stunning, cant wait to see a replay.

2. Gael Kakuta (of Transfer Ban fame) made his debut today, coming on midway through the second half. OK, it was only a 25 minute sweat, but he looks like he will be an AMAZING player. Looked to have all the touches of Joe Cole, could not be shaken off the ball, and he has a wicked shot on him. That could easily have been Robinho on the field.

Champions  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 21, 2009, 12:19:19 PM »

The usual champagne football at the Bridge, even without some of the big guns. Two things about the game:

1. Petr Cech made a phenomenal save from a Wolves header in the first half. It was truly stunning, cant wait to see a replay.

2. Gael Kakuta (of Transfer Ban fame) made his debut today, coming on midway through the second half. OK, it was only a 25 minute sweat, but he looks like he will be an AMAZING player. Looked to have all the touches of Joe Cole, could not be shaken off the ball, and he has a wicked shot on him. That could easily have been Robinho on the field.

....so it go be "Tight Head" Malouda on "Goals of the Week" and "Metal Head Cech" on"Saves of the WeeK" then?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 21, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »

....so it go be "Tight Head" Malouda on "Goals of the Week" and "Metal Head Cech" on"Saves of the WeeK" then?

Malouda score a decent bullet, but to be honest the defending was non-existent. Say what, Malouda did what he had to do.

But Darren Fletcher just take Goal of the Week against Everton dere. By d way, Dwight in d studio on ESPN UK givin his halftime thoughts in his usual Tringlish  ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 21, 2009, 02:06:18 PM »

Malouda score a decent bullet, but to be honest the defending was non-existent. Say what, Malouda did what he had to do.

But Darren Fletcher just take Goal of the Week against Everton dere. By d way, Dwight in d studio on ESPN UK givin his halftime thoughts in his usual Tringlish  ;D

Me eh care 'bout de defending (and me eh care 'bout fletcher and manboo).  It was a sweet bullet. Period.

1]; } ?>