April 19, 2024, 03:59:20 PM

Author Topic: CHELSEA FOREVER! - Home of the Champions!  (Read 628240 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHELSEA FOREVER!
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
Cole back at Left full back. No more weakness on Chelsea for the rest of the season

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
I think this is the 3rd time this season a side get 7 from Chelsea...

Manchester United could give anybody 7??

Champion performance!  :beermug: :beermug:

all them goals and allyuh still going to end up 2nd....Stevie G and company have a chance at 4th now...all we need is a draw..If yall win the next 2 well done..deserved..but dont celebrate just yet

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 25, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »

And Stoke had the best away defensive record in the league before today. Villa had the same title when they showed up at Stamford Bridge last month.

giggsy11

« Reply #993 on: April 26, 2010, 07:45:38 AM »
Surprising result but good job of takign care of your biz. If you win the title you did what you needed to do.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 26, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »

And Stoke had the best away defensive record in the league before today. Villa had the same title when they showed up at Stamford Bridge last month.

That is worth repeating.  Like man eh realize how rugged Stoke is defensively.  Stoke is not a great side but defensively they have been excellent this (and even last) season.

As for Ballack man ha to understand that despite his overall dismall showing throughout his time at Chelsea, he is in fact a quality player with loads of class.  He has never been played in his natural position as Lampard has that locked up.  When given space to maneuver he can manage very well out of position as evidenced today.  Watch and see the difference when he plays his true position during the World Cup.

giggsy11

« Reply #995 on: April 26, 2010, 07:58:16 AM »

That is worth repeating.  Like man eh realize how rugged Stoke is defensively.  Stoke is not a great side but defensively they have been excellent this (and even last) season.

As for Ballack man ha to understand that despite his overall dismall showing throughout his time at Chelsea, he is in fact a quality player with loads of class.  He has never been played in his natural position as Lampard has that locked up.  When given space to maneuver he can manage very well out of position as evidenced today.  Watch and see the difference when he plays his true position during the World Cup.

Question is there a reason that Lampard has to play every game at the expense of giving men like Mikel and Ballack in their more natural roles?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 26, 2010, 08:09:35 AM »
Question is there a reason that Lampard has to play every game at the expense of giving men like Mikel and Ballack in their more natural roles?

ah guess is because 9 times out ah ten he does the business and is ah "if it ent broke doh fix it kinda scene ???"
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 26, 2010, 08:15:16 AM »

I like Mikel but I wouldn't sit Lampard for him to play CAM ever!  Ballack on the other hand would certainly merrit an opportunity or two.  If Malouda hadn't made himself a virtual must start this season, I think I could envision Ancellotti shifting Frankie to LM one or two games and giving Ballack a go in the CAM slot.  Then again daiz Deco best position too so maybe not.  But with the way how Lamps does perform I imagine it's tremendously difficult to map out a lineup without him in the Starting XI in his natural position anyway.  Like Lefty say if it aint broke.......

giggsy11

« Reply #998 on: April 26, 2010, 08:16:25 AM »

ah guess is because 9 times out ah ten he does the business and is ah "if it ent broke doh fix it kinda scene ???"

I am not saying he is not effective but the guy plays against 3rd division sides in the Carling cup or FA cup-so Ballack or Mikel not good enough against those type of sides?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »

I am not saying he is not effective but the guy plays against 3rd division sides in the Carling cup or FA cup-so Ballack or Mikel not good enough against those type of sides?

I agree with yuh here.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 26, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »

Could the same thing be said of Rooney to a certain extent?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #1001 on: April 26, 2010, 09:20:14 AM »

Nope, Rooney did not and does not play against lesser sides the way Lampard does even though United lacks the depth in that area. Chelski has a lot of depth in midfield.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »

Nope, Rooney did not and does not play against lesser sides the way Lampard does even though United lacks the depth in that area. Chelski has a lot of depth in midfield.

I don't know but I think Lampard simply wants to play in every game and he is given that respect by the team because of his reputed work ethic and commitment to the team.  There have been times when Lampard didn't "show up" for games and I was left wishing that Chelsea would drop or shift him from that CAM role for Mikel...but when you look at his numbers at the end of the season: 16 goals from the run of play + whatever penalties he takes + the fact that JOM's is such a poor shooter, I guess it's hard to argue the big picture.  It leaves the option of having JOM move up to one of the lateral points of the diamond over Ballack but Ballack would be a defensive liability, being the slow thug that he is.  So, I guess JOM really is playing (for now) the best role afforded him.  Now next season, when Ballack and Deco are gone and Essien is back and healthy....I expect to see JOM take on more of an offensive role.....Ideally, his talent does warrant that he lead the charge in midfield but I know Lampard will still be the point man....it's going to be interesting to see how things play out.   Ancelotti has already declared that Chelsea will be making a greater commitment to some of their younger players.....I hope JOM is included in that mix.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #1003 on: April 26, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »

I don't know but I think Lampard simply wants to play in every game and he is given that respect by the team because of his reputed work ethic and commitment to the team.  There have been times when Lampard didn't "show up" for games and I was left wishing that Chelsea would drop or shift him from that CAM role for Mikel...but when you look at his numbers at the end of the season: 16 goals from the run of play + whatever penalties he takes + the fact that JOM's is such a poor shooter, I guess it's hard to argue the big picture.  It leaves the option of having JOM move up to one of the lateral points of the diamond over Ballack but Ballack would be a defensive liability, being the slow thug that he is.  So, I guess JOM really is playing (for now) the best role afforded him.  Now next season, when Ballack and Deco are gone and Essien is back and healthy....I expect to see JOM take on more of an offensive role.....Ideally, his talent does warrant that he lead the charge in midfield but I know Lampard will still be the point man....it's going to be interesting to see how things play out.   Ancelotti has already declared that Chelsea will be making a greater commitment to some of their younger players.....I hope JOM is included in that mix.   

You better hope they don't give up on him and he head out the door with Deco. Does Ancelotti have a history of developing young players? I know he coached a bunch a geriatrics at Milan.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 26, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »

You better hope they don't give up on him and he head out the door with Deco. Does Ancelotti have a history of developing young players? I know he coached a bunch a geriatrics at Milan.

He already announced that they are going to be bringing up a few young players from the academy next season  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6112611,00.html and JOM recently signed an extension to his contract, (+ he love the London night  :party: :wavetowel: life ) so I don't expect him to leave any time soon.

**besides.....you KNOW Abramovic is the man really callin' de shots, so if he say bring up some yutes.....Ancelotti will be visitin' a nursery!!  :devil:**
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:23:16 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 26, 2010, 11:30:04 AM »
Thank you and goodbye Michael Ballack... Same goes to Paulo Ferreira, Deco, and Beletti.. These men are past their sell by date.

Besides the youths, they also need to bring in some good young talent because the core of the side is aging. Lampard and Drogba are on the wrong side of 30 and I think Anelka's best season just went past him. Players like that often excel in a world cup year then taper off.

Would like to see Aguero come in to compete with Drogba and Anelka and eventually become the main man up top when he adapts to the EPL.. Also, need a strong right sided midfielder and CM.. why not Milner?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 26, 2010, 11:41:08 AM »

Lampard got benched in several carling cup games.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 26, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
Thank you and goodbye Michael Ballack... Same goes to Paulo Ferreira, Deco, and Beletti.. These men are past their sell by date.

Would like to see Aguero come in to compete with Drogba and Anelka and eventually become the main man up top when he adapts to the EPL.. Also, need a strong right sided midfielder and CM.. why not Milner?

Paulo Ferreira is not world-class, but he's a great third choice full back and he seems pretty comfortable in that role, so hope he stays (he recently said he wants to end his career at Chelsea).

Deco and Beletti have both announced already that they are returning to Brazil at the end of the season.

Milner would be a nice replacement for Ballack.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 26, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

Besides the youths, they also need to bring in some good young talent because the core of the side is aging. Lampard and Drogba are on the wrong side of 30 and I think Anelka's best season just went past him. Players like that often excel in a world cup year then taper off.

I think Lampard, Drogs and Anelka still have at least a couple good years left in them, which is why I think they lookin' to start bringin' in them yutes NOW. (remember, Drogba got his start in professional football late, so he wouln't have the typical wear and tear for his age) The other names you mentioned, I agree, BE GONE!  You did a lot to thank them.  I think Ballack would leave with a grin on his face!

Paulo Ferreira is not world-class, but he's a great third choice full back and he seems pretty comfortable in that role, so hope he stays (he recently said he wants to end his career at Chelsea).

therefore he should recognize that his career has en.........he has gotten his wish!

Deco and Beletti have both announced already that they are returning to Brazil at the end of the season.

BUH-BYE!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 26, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »
chelski

please doh eff up against liverpool n give manu their most undeserved title in fergies career

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 26, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
He already announced that they are going to be bringing up a few young players from the academy next season  http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6112611,00.html and JOM recently signed an extension to his contract, (+ he love the London night  :party: :wavetowel: life ) so I don't expect him to leave any time soon.

**besides.....you KNOW Abramovic is the man really callin' de shots, so if he say bring up some yutes.....Ancelotti will be visitin' a nursery!!  :devil:**

My opinion on the youth team players that I have seen this season:

Kakuta -a star in the making. Saw him make his debut against Wolves...worth every bit of the hype.

Bruma - looks like a decent center back. Would be happy for him to play a few more games in the first team next season.

Hutchinson - saw him play at both center back and full back. Looks good enough to be a full member of our first team.

Matic - big strong defensive midfielder, but was anonymous in every game I saw him in, Admittedly he never really got more than 10 minutes as a sub. Cant rate him properly based on all dem cobo sweat.

Sturridge - no longer a youth team player, but I still dont rate him at all. Refuses to play one touch football, starts dribbling whenever is given the ball...I am convinced he grew up sweating small goal football in Trinidad.

Borrini - a next youth team striker. he is $h!t too, hopefully we get rid of him.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »

yuh ehh lie about these two fuh sure.. In Ballack's defence, as a man just pointed out, has not been in his natural position since coming to the Blues...

But Deco..coommmonnn....  way past his expiry date. If they get him out on a free tranfer,,even that go be a plus..

:beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »

Kakuta -a star in the making. Saw him make his debut against Wolves...worth every bit of the hype.

Bruma - looks like a decent center back. Would be happy for him to play a few more games in the first team next season.

Hutchinson - saw him play at both center back and full back. Looks good enough to be a full member of our first team.

Matic - big strong defensive midfielder, but was anonymous in every game I saw him in, Admittedly he never really got more than 10 minutes as a sub. Cant rate him properly based on all dem cobo sweat.

Sturridge - no longer a youth team player, but I still dont rate him at all. Refuses to play one touch football, starts dribbling whenever is given the ball...I am convinced he grew up sweating small goal football in Trinidad.

Borrini - a next youth team striker. he is $h!t too, hopefully we get rid of him.

Kakuta is frighteningly talented and, as you put it, a star in the making.

even though I haven't seen them, I am glad to hear that there is some central defenders on the horizon.  Terry is getting noticeably slower as the seasons wear on and Carvalho is probably past his best he has to offer.

I eh worried about Sturridge.  He is still very young and he seems hungry.  Whatever he need to learn, I think he's surrounded by a good group of players to bring him along.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
I doh kno bout dis Mikel thing nah.  I honestly have never been impressed by him.  I think he is solid but I doh see any offensive intuition in him.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 26, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
I doh kno bout dis Mikel thing nah.  I honestly have never been impressed by him.  I think he is solid but I doh see any offensive intuition in him.

Same here.. If anything i could see him move a lil further up and get involved in more of the creative play like how he looks for Nigeria.. But outside of his CDM role, never really see him pipe on from distance or thread a bess ball.. Essien is the man that could easily operate in attacking midfield though.. He could probably play anywhere, goalkeeper and all..

Mikel still plenty better than Song though.  :devil: :devil:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

Same here.. If anything i could see him move a lil further up and get involved in more of the creative play like how he looks for Nigeria.. But outside of his CDM role, never really see him pipe on from distance or thread a bess ball.. Essien is the man that could easily operate in attacking midfield though.. He could probably play anywhere, goalkeeper and all..

I doh understand how anyone would want to play Mikel as an attacking midfielder. He has no dribbling skills and if his vision were any worse he would be legally blind.

To me, there is no comparison between Essien and Mikel. Essien is a supreme footballer, and has played exceptionally well in attacking midfield, defensive midfield, right back and central defence for us. Mikel is an alright defensive midfielder.

giggsy11

« Reply #1016 on: April 26, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »

Hopefully Carlos start all of them against Liverstool! :devil: :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #1017 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »

Watch yuh mouth, dise Chow steps son-he invest years of watching and scouting with young Mikel. He even gettin a cut!  :devil:

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 26, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »

I doh understand how anyone would want to play Mikel as an attacking midfielder. He has no dribbling skills and if his vision were any worse he would be legally blind.

To me, there is no comparison between Essien and Mikel. Essien is a supreme footballer, and has played exceptionally well in attacking midfield, defensive midfield, right back and central defence for us. Mikel is an alright defensive midfielder.

Me an ah nexx bredrin was talkin dat de odda day an he say de same ting.  His only saving grace is that he's young and he looks fairly comfortable in the holding CM spot.  Apart from dat is one setta back pass and he does look clumsy in my estimation.

Dihno I agree Essien could play anywey on de pitch in ah pinch oui.

Giggsy I sorry fuh Chow an dat oui, I eh ah believer yet

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 26, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »

Watch yuh mouth, dise Chow steps son-he invest years of watching and scouting with young Mikel. He even gettin a cut!  :devil:

These is fellas who obviously only see him play in a Chelsea shirt and nothing else.  "No dribbling skills.  No offensive intuition."  Even as fellow Chelsea fans ah hadda tell dem dey full ah shit. 
If I show them the tape of the U-20 World Cup Final where he was leaving Argentinians in his wake whole game they would be singin' another song. 
Mikel is playing the role Chelsea is asking him to play, and that's it.  It speaks of his versatility that he is an offensive (attacking midfielder) for his country at youth and senior levels and Chelsea has him playing a defensive midfield.....and he is considered one of the best (at least in the EPL) at his position.  Allyuh men need to do some real research.

1]; } ?>